Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Off-Topic > Off-Topic > International affairs/politics  
View Poll Results: Will Trump be a good President?
Yes 93 26.50%
No 258 73.50%
Voters: 351. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #14161  
Old 14.07.2018, 17:08
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: -
Posts: 247
Groaned at 141 Times in 99 Posts
Thanked 2,085 Times in 996 Posts
kriss kross has earned some respectkriss kross has earned some respect
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Millions and millions of Europeans and Americans are learning to think the unthinkable.

So what if those black people drown in the sea? So what if those brown toddlers are scarred for life?
What leftists cannot seem to comprehend is that x (the amount of people who want and are willing to move to a Western country) exceeds y (the amount of people that Western countries can sustainably welcome)

How easy it must be to ignore this dilemma, advocate for more immigration and call anyone who disagrees a fascist.
The following 2 users would like to thank kriss kross for this useful post:
This user groans at kriss kross for this post:
  #14162  
Old 14.07.2018, 17:49
TobiasM's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Zürich
Posts: 1,257
Groaned at 179 Times in 130 Posts
Thanked 2,771 Times in 1,281 Posts
TobiasM has a reputation beyond reputeTobiasM has a reputation beyond reputeTobiasM has a reputation beyond reputeTobiasM has a reputation beyond reputeTobiasM has a reputation beyond reputeTobiasM has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
What leftists cannot seem to comprehend is that x (the amount of people who want and are willing to move to a Western country) exceeds y (the amount of people that Western countries can sustainably welcome)

How easy it must be to ignore this dilemma, advocate for more immigration and call anyone who disagrees a fascist.
But that is exactly the point, we are seeing the world swing from centrist and tolerant to right wing and intolerant. Regardless of the current global situation, where we are seeing far more inequality between Southern nations and the West. While here in our luxury we demand more and more from the worlds resources to fund our lavish lifestyles. I don't mean to say that developing countries are also not to blame, but we in the West contribute inexorably to what we are seeing. So like Lords of the Manor overlooking our serfdoms we continue to exacerbate the problem by demanding more resources, whether its to build our electronics or for our Sushi platters or beef steak.

Again Kriss Kross, you are part of the accepting population, you agree that your world is a better place when it has more control over the general population and total control of movement of the population, you can't see what the implications of this is to other people, to those who live on or below the poverty threshold, those that don't share your world outlook, religous or political views. The latter is going to be interesting in the coming years as more and more information based on algorithms is compiled to build pictures of individuals in the population. That data will be used, and it already is being used in countries like China and probably Russia to control dissent. It is only a step away from adoption by our own right-swaying Western and still democratic governments. The topic is in the papers and weeklies constantly.

You are not a fascist Kriss Kross, you are intolerant, but you support a fascist view regarding that topic, immigration, because you are strongly against immigration of certain demographic of people that doesn't match your view of how your society should be.

I could get slightly philosophical with you on the topic, but I fear its in one eye and out the bum.

btw. I have never said there isn't a huge problem with the migration of people from South to North that needs to be addressed by all nations. But we are too busy being told to be intolerant by the likes of Trump and people like yourself to try and figure out how to fix it.
The following 4 users would like to thank TobiasM for this useful post:
  #14163  
Old 14.07.2018, 18:03
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 11,094
Groaned at 510 Times in 433 Posts
Thanked 19,984 Times in 10,538 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
What leftists cannot seem to comprehend is that x (the amount of people who want and are willing to move to a Western country) exceeds y (the amount of people that Western countries can sustainably welcome)

How easy it must be to ignore this dilemma, advocate for more immigration and call anyone who disagrees a fascist.
But who determines the value of "y" and how?
There are around 500 million people in the EU so how do we calculate y?
1% per year (5 million) or 0.1% (half million) or what?
If we should settle on say 0.1% then it would be around 1,000 years before the migrants will outnumber the current population.
But by then the migrants would be into their 33rd generation so can we still describe them as migrants?

"call anyone who disagrees a fascist." or call anyone who agrees a "leftist"?

How can you complain about being labelled when you yourself label people, hypocrisy in action
__________________
It is naive to assume my posts are my own work
The following 4 users would like to thank marton for this useful post:
  #14164  
Old 14.07.2018, 20:46
pilatus1's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Milky Way
Posts: 1,799
Groaned at 152 Times in 103 Posts
Thanked 4,786 Times in 1,883 Posts
pilatus1 has a reputation beyond reputepilatus1 has a reputation beyond reputepilatus1 has a reputation beyond reputepilatus1 has a reputation beyond reputepilatus1 has a reputation beyond reputepilatus1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
But that is exactly the point, we are seeing the world swing from centrist and tolerant to right wing and intolerant. Regardless of the current global situation, where we are seeing far more inequality between Southern nations and the West. While here in our luxury we demand more and more from the worlds resources to fund our lavish lifestyles. I don't mean to say that developing countries are also not to blame, but we in the West contribute inexorably to what we are seeing. So like Lords of the Manor overlooking our serfdoms we continue to exacerbate the problem by demanding more resources, whether its to build our electronics or for our Sushi platters or beef steak.

Again Kriss Kross, you are part of the accepting population, you agree that your world is a better place when it has more control over the general population and total control of movement of the population, you can't see what the implications of this is to other people, to those who live on or below the poverty threshold, those that don't share your world outlook, religous or political views. The latter is going to be interesting in the coming years as more and more information based on algorithms is compiled to build pictures of individuals in the population. That data will be used, and it already is being used in countries like China and probably Russia to control dissent. It is only a step away from adoption by our own right-swaying Western and still democratic governments. The topic is in the papers and weeklies constantly.

You are not a fascist Kriss Kross, you are intolerant, but you support a fascist view regarding that topic, immigration, because you are strongly against immigration of certain demographic of people that doesn't match your view of how your society should be.

I could get slightly philosophical with you on the topic, but I fear its in one eye and out the bum.

btw. I have never said there isn't a huge problem with the migration of people from South to North that needs to be addressed by all nations. But we are too busy being told to be intolerant by the likes of Trump and people like yourself to try and figure out how to fix it.
Maybe you should stop buying sushi platters, steak, and the latest electro gizmos then?

You could instead go and give that money out of your pocket to those needy people.

Or is it that you need to bring others along with you on your guilt trip, and then have them foot the bill as well?
The following 4 users would like to thank pilatus1 for this useful post:
This user groans at pilatus1 for this post:
  #14165  
Old 14.07.2018, 21:05
MusicChick's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: La Cote
Posts: 17,489
Groaned at 414 Times in 275 Posts
Thanked 20,428 Times in 10,577 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

It is quite illogical when people who are preaching tolerance keep singling out one particular person and barking at him, calling him names and intolerant, belittling him constantly and trying to discredit him. This 'support of diversity' doesn't look genuine to me at all. Thanks to all who actually can tolerate different opinions, makes it a better debate here.
This user groans at MusicChick for this post:
  #14166  
Old 14.07.2018, 21:08
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 11,094
Groaned at 510 Times in 433 Posts
Thanked 19,984 Times in 10,538 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Maybe you should stop buying sushi platters, steak, and the latest electro gizmos then?

You could instead go and give that money out of your pocket to those needy people.

Or is it that you need to bring others along with you on your guilt trip, and then have them foot the bill as well?
TobiasM posted "we" not "I"
This user would like to thank marton for this useful post:
  #14167  
Old 14.07.2018, 21:16
pilatus1's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Milky Way
Posts: 1,799
Groaned at 152 Times in 103 Posts
Thanked 4,786 Times in 1,883 Posts
pilatus1 has a reputation beyond reputepilatus1 has a reputation beyond reputepilatus1 has a reputation beyond reputepilatus1 has a reputation beyond reputepilatus1 has a reputation beyond reputepilatus1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
TobiasM posted "we" not "I"
Exactly. He doesn't speak for me. Does he speak for you?
This user would like to thank pilatus1 for this useful post:
This user groans at pilatus1 for this post:
  #14168  
Old 14.07.2018, 21:40
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: -
Posts: 247
Groaned at 141 Times in 99 Posts
Thanked 2,085 Times in 996 Posts
kriss kross has earned some respectkriss kross has earned some respect
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

And as you're bagging Americans and Europeans as 'fascists' for wanting to have a sustainable border control, where is same outrage at the rich Middle Eastern countries who are far less generous with their help?
This user groans at kriss kross for this post:
  #14169  
Old 14.07.2018, 22:29
TobiasM's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Zürich
Posts: 1,257
Groaned at 179 Times in 130 Posts
Thanked 2,771 Times in 1,281 Posts
TobiasM has a reputation beyond reputeTobiasM has a reputation beyond reputeTobiasM has a reputation beyond reputeTobiasM has a reputation beyond reputeTobiasM has a reputation beyond reputeTobiasM has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
And as you're bagging Americans and Europeans as 'fascists' for wanting to have a sustainable border control, where is same outrage at the rich Middle Eastern countries who are far less generous with their help?
Didn’t ever say they weren’t, Islamic countries are some of the least tolerant and most conservative in the world. However I am not discussing those they are already borderline fascist and aside from some moderate ones most have shifted to more extreme religious doctrine in order to control their populations. I am talking about our societies Western and European that are shifting. Actually I posted an interesting article that questioned how we are allowing our societies to become less tolerant and more fascist in model. But do carry on with your argument that my discussion is only about immigration. When I am talking about many other issues.
  #14170  
Old 14.07.2018, 22:38
TobiasM's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Zürich
Posts: 1,257
Groaned at 179 Times in 130 Posts
Thanked 2,771 Times in 1,281 Posts
TobiasM has a reputation beyond reputeTobiasM has a reputation beyond reputeTobiasM has a reputation beyond reputeTobiasM has a reputation beyond reputeTobiasM has a reputation beyond reputeTobiasM has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Maybe you should stop buying sushi platters, steak, and the latest electro gizmos then?

You could instead go and give that money out of your pocket to those needy people.

Or is it that you need to bring others along with you on your guilt trip, and then have them foot the bill as well?
We are all a part of the problem, whether you like it or not. I do give money to charities, money I can afford. But I am not George Soros or Bill Gates. You are right I am not selfless, but I don’t think I am completely selfish either. I have mouths to feed and bills to pay but I don’t cry about my contributions to society helping those less fortunate either. As some people on this forum like to.
This user would like to thank TobiasM for this useful post:
  #14171  
Old 15.07.2018, 01:22
cannut's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: canada
Posts: 6,871
Groaned at 179 Times in 139 Posts
Thanked 6,154 Times in 3,378 Posts
cannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Cannut, you made me chuckle so much I cannot merge your gems.

How are your teeth doing?
Just fine ,except for my baby teeth .I still have most of my very own
  #14172  
Old 15.07.2018, 06:32
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
And as you're bagging Americans and Europeans as 'fascists' for wanting to have a sustainable border control, where is same outrage at the rich Middle Eastern countries who are far less generous with their help?
but what about the HILARY EMAILS!!!!
  #14173  
Old 15.07.2018, 08:01
pilatus1's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Milky Way
Posts: 1,799
Groaned at 152 Times in 103 Posts
Thanked 4,786 Times in 1,883 Posts
pilatus1 has a reputation beyond reputepilatus1 has a reputation beyond reputepilatus1 has a reputation beyond reputepilatus1 has a reputation beyond reputepilatus1 has a reputation beyond reputepilatus1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

"We are all a part of the problem, whether you like it or not." -TobiasM




When you say 'we are all part of the problem', are you saying that everyone born in the West is guilty of living a lavish, luxurious lifestyle and are therefore 'part of the problem'?


Or is it that as human beings on this planet, we are all 'part of the problem'?
  #14174  
Old 15.07.2018, 08:01
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: CH
Posts: 10,971
Groaned at 2,032 Times in 1,120 Posts
Thanked 5,139 Times in 3,246 Posts
omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Trump: said immigration is destroying the culture of Europe. The USA was built by immigrants.
This user would like to thank omtatsat for this useful post:
  #14175  
Old 15.07.2018, 08:03
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Why are all my English republican friends so concerned about royal protocol all of a sudden?
  #14176  
Old 15.07.2018, 08:11
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: CH
Posts: 10,971
Groaned at 2,032 Times in 1,120 Posts
Thanked 5,139 Times in 3,246 Posts
omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
Why are all my English republican friends so concerned about royal protocol all of a sudden?
Once an Englander always an Englander. God whats wrong with them?

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/world...-in-front.html

Image Melania's bottom if she did a curtsy???

Last edited by omtatsat; 15.07.2018 at 08:24.
  #14177  
Old 15.07.2018, 09:13
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
Why are all my English republican friends so concerned about royal protocol all of a sudden?
I think just stripping it back to it's basics, it was a poor show to leave a 92 year old standing in the heat for 12 minutes. I'd have been pissed off it had been my nan, never mind the queen.

Protocol probably saved him, though. My nan would have hit him in the stones with her handbag; Liz would have just had to savour that thought flashing through her mind.
The following 3 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #14178  
Old 15.07.2018, 09:14
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: CH
Posts: 10,971
Groaned at 2,032 Times in 1,120 Posts
Thanked 5,139 Times in 3,246 Posts
omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
I think just stripping it back to it's basics, it was a poor show to leave a 92 year old standing in the heat for 12 minutes. I'd have been pissed off it had been my nan, never mind the queen.

Protocol probably saved him, though. My nan would have hit him in the stones with her handbag; Liz would have just had to savour that thought flashing through her mind.
Her head was shaded
  #14179  
Old 15.07.2018, 09:20
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Her head was shaded
Ah, yes, with a fine hat to mark the occasion.
  #14180  
Old 15.07.2018, 09:27
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

In fairness to Trump, not the first time I have seen him not manage to walk correctly and quickly lose direction. That's why he takes people's hands like May, or puts his arm across people's back/shoulder when walking.

Reckon he has dyspraxia and spatial awareness issues, struggles with coordination, left and right etc. he has large handwriting too.
The following 2 users would like to thank for this useful post:
Closed Thread




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (0 members and 3 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Will Hillary Clinton run for president again? PanFastic International affairs/politics 162 06.11.2020 11:15
Poll: Will Trump win the 2020 elections? k_and_e International affairs/politics 14 05.06.2018 22:06
A generic "will my salary be good enough" post Larsh Employment 51 12.12.2017 12:51
Will Trump be the next US President? Phil_MCR International affairs/politics 2618 14.11.2016 11:16
Shall I inform my employer that I will be self employed or be a owner of a company? Broth76 Business & entrepreneur 6 09.07.2012 16:59


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 23:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0