Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Off-Topic > Off-Topic > International affairs/politics  
View Poll Results: Will Trump be a good President?
Yes 88 27.16%
No 236 72.84%
Voters: 324. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #14801  
Old 29.07.2018, 20:27
3Wishes's Avatar
Moderately Amused
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bern area
Posts: 10,217
Groaned at 72 Times in 69 Posts
Thanked 16,601 Times in 7,520 Posts
3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Pretty please can I borrow your tin foil hat?
I have difficulty to understand the relevance of your post to our thread topic "Will Trump be a Good President"*.

You keep posting links without any sort of comment that might possibly establish the relevance or context of your post in this thread.
If it's legit (didn't watch it), it is somewhat relevant to the thread. Trump seems to get all his news and policy ideas from Fox.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank 3Wishes for this useful post:
  #14802  
Old 29.07.2018, 20:40
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 9,124
Groaned at 383 Times in 332 Posts
Thanked 15,706 Times in 8,543 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
If it's legit (didn't watch it), it is somewhat relevant to the thread. Trump seems to get all his news and policy ideas from Fox.
The video did not mention Trump?
If I take your post literally then it is legitimate to post the following in this thread, in case it encourages Trump to develop a policy to ban pornography?

Quote:
Arkansas woman shoots, kills husband over pornography, police say
Source

Of course, if you want to encourage people to post links here without any sort of accompanying comment then that is certainly your privilege, much as I disagree with you.
Reply With Quote
  #14803  
Old 29.07.2018, 21:11
3Wishes's Avatar
Moderately Amused
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bern area
Posts: 10,217
Groaned at 72 Times in 69 Posts
Thanked 16,601 Times in 7,520 Posts
3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

I guess we're viewing this from different angles. Should he have provided a comment? Probably.

Trump believes pretty much anything that Fox broadcasts. He also hates the FBI and has been working to discredit it and his own justice department. The video is a story about his hated FBI coordinating with the SPLC - a non-profit that most Rs think is simply a left-wing activist group. So to me, even without a comment it's relevant to Trump's presidency. Watch for the tweet, if it hasn't already happened (I don't follow Trump so wouldn't know)
Reply With Quote
  #14804  
Old 29.07.2018, 21:27
curley's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: canton ZH
Posts: 10,901
Groaned at 172 Times in 143 Posts
Thanked 12,209 Times in 6,398 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
The video did not mention Trump?
If I take your post literally then it is legitimate to post the following in this thread, in case it encourages Trump to develop a policy to ban pornography?

Source

Of course, if you want to encourage people to post links here without any sort of accompanying comment then that is certainly your privilege, much as I disagree with you.
Trump posts comments without any links .... relax, marton. 3wishes is just getting into the flow .....
Quote:
View Post
If it's legit (didn't watch it), it is somewhat relevant to the thread. Trump seems to get all his news and policy ideas from Fox.
....... do not read/watch things yourself as anything Fox is Trump therefore is US politics thus (somewhat) relevant for the rest of the world.

Logisch, oder?

Thank dog for the "somewhat"
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank curley for this useful post:
  #14805  
Old 29.07.2018, 22:10
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 9,124
Groaned at 383 Times in 332 Posts
Thanked 15,706 Times in 8,543 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
I guess we're viewing this from different angles. Should he have provided a comment? Probably.

Trump believes pretty much anything that Fox broadcasts. He also hates the FBI and has been working to discredit it and his own justice department. The video is a story about his hated FBI coordinating with the SPLC - a non-profit that most Rs think is simply a left-wing activist group. So to me, even without a comment it's relevant to Trump's presidency. Watch for the tweet, if it hasn't already happened (I don't follow Trump so wouldn't know)
"He also hates the FBI and has been working to discredit it and his own justice department. The video is a story about his hated FBI coordinating with the SPLC - a non-profit that most Rs think is simply a left-wing activist group." thank you for confirming the OP makes more sense with a relevant comment.
Reply With Quote
  #14806  
Old 29.07.2018, 23:49
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 9,124
Groaned at 383 Times in 332 Posts
Thanked 15,706 Times in 8,543 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Major tweet storm from a panicking Trump
Ï assume he is feeling the heat!

Quote:
Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump

When the media - driven insane by their Trump Derangement Syndrome - reveals internal deliberations of our government, it truly puts the lives of many, not just journalists, at risk!
Very unpatriotic!

Freedom of the press also comes with a responsibility to report the news accurately. 90% of media coverage of my Administration is negative, despite the tremendously positive results we are achieving, it’s no surprise that confidence in the media is at an all time low!

I will not allow our great country to be sold out by anti-Trump haters in the dying newspaper industry.

No matter how much they try to distract and cover it up, our country is making great progress under my leadership and I will never stop fighting for the American people!
As an example, the failing New York Times .and the Amazon Washington Post do nothing but write bad stories even on very positive achievements - and they will never change!
Big step forward, Trump has finally admitted his problem with the Press is not fake news but that they report negative [true!] news.
He has never given examples of inaccurate Press reporting!
Wonder why he did not attack CNN?

Quote:
Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump

There is No Collusion! The Robert Mueller Rigged Witch Hunt, headed now by 17 (increased from 13, including an Obama White House lawyer) Angry Democrats, was started by a fraudulent Dossier, paid for by Crooked Hillary and the DNC.
Therefore, the Witch Hunt is an illegal Scam!
Quote:
Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump

Is Robert Mueller ever going to release his conflicts of interest with respect to President Trump, including the fact that we had a very nasty & contentious business relationship, I turned him down to head the FBI (one day before appointment as S.C.) & Comey is his close friend

Also, why is Mueller only appointing Angry Dems, some of whom have worked for Crooked Hillary, others, including himself, have worked for Obama.
And why isn’t Mueller looking at all of the criminal activity & real Russian Collusion on the Democrats side-Podesta, Dossier?
He keeps claiming that the Russian probe was started by a fraudulent Dossier. But the GOP themselves destroyed this story by forcing the DOJ to release the FISA warrants which demonstrate the dossier was not the primary reason.
Reply With Quote
  #14807  
Old 30.07.2018, 01:25
curley's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: canton ZH
Posts: 10,901
Groaned at 172 Times in 143 Posts
Thanked 12,209 Times in 6,398 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Major tweet storm from a panicking Trump
Ï assume he is feeling the heat!

<<Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump

When the media - driven insane by their Trump Derangement Syndrome - reveals internal deliberations of our government, it truly puts the lives of many, not just journalists, at risk!
Very unpatriotic!

Freedom of the press also comes with a responsibility to report the news accurately. 90% of media coverage of my Administration is negative, despite the tremendously positive results we are achieving, it’s no surprise that confidence in the media is at an all time low!

I will not allow our great country to be sold out by anti-Trump haters in the dying newspaper industry.

No matter how much they try to distract and cover it up, our country is making great progress under my leadership and I will never stop fighting for the American people!
As an example, the failing New York Times .and the Amazon Washington Post do nothing but write bad stories even on very positive achievements - and they will never change!>>
He does have this thing about the double-negatives ....

Or is he actually gonna reign in his own supporters?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank curley for this useful post:
  #14808  
Old 30.07.2018, 11:15
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 9,124
Groaned at 383 Times in 332 Posts
Thanked 15,706 Times in 8,543 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Strife in Paradise!

Quote:
Former White House chief strategist Steven Bannon on Sunday slammed the Koch network for comments made by its top officials over the weekend criticizing President Trump's financial policies.
The Koch network has pledged to spend $400 million during the 2018 midterm elections, normally used to support GOP candidates.

"What they [Koch network] have to do is shut up and get with the program," Bannon said in an interview with Politico.

Top Koch officials on Sunday said they will more aggressively target Republicans who do not adhere to the network’s free-market views on issues like spending and tariffs.
Trump turning major donors against the GOP, cannot be!

Source
Reply With Quote
  #14809  
Old 30.07.2018, 14:55
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 9,124
Groaned at 383 Times in 332 Posts
Thanked 15,706 Times in 8,543 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Underlining the weirdness of Twitter; one of yesterday's most popular tweets!

Quote:
Rudy Giuliani@RudyGiuliani

You

2:07 PM - 29 Jul 2018
7,201 Retweets 19,544 Likes
ca. 20,000 likes and 7K Retweets.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank marton for this useful post:
  #14810  
Old 30.07.2018, 14:56
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: The World
Posts: 1,380
Groaned at 282 Times in 153 Posts
Thanked 1,115 Times in 636 Posts
Capo is considered unworthyCapo is considered unworthyCapo is considered unworthyCapo is considered unworthy
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Pretty please can I borrow your tin foil hat?
I have difficulty to understand the relevance of your post to our thread topic "Will Trump be a Good President"*.

You keep posting links without any sort of comment that might possibly establish the relevance or context of your post in this thread.
I post videos that make you nervous.
Reply With Quote
  #14811  
Old 30.07.2018, 15:03
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 9,124
Groaned at 383 Times in 332 Posts
Thanked 15,706 Times in 8,543 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
I post videos that make you nervous.
No, you keep posting videos that I do not watch because you do not provide any information that explains why they would be worth watching.

You need to do better marketing of your product by providing what are known as "teasers"!
Reply With Quote
  #14812  
Old 30.07.2018, 16:20
MusicChick's Avatar
modified, reprogrammed and doctored²
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: La Cote
Posts: 14,680
Groaned at 265 Times in 195 Posts
Thanked 17,004 Times in 8,798 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
No, you keep posting videos that I do not watch because you do not provide any information that explains why they would be worth watching.
I honestly really like that our own EF almost in house liberal reporter likes Capo so much that he needs his personal commentary on vids.

Commentary should be present, I agree. We respect our members' opinions.

Quote:
Crikey, this truly is a missive from Planet Bonkers.
Is this:
A - a liberally tolerant and respectful invite for a debate
B - an impatient and unintelligent personal attack
C - a joke

Be like Tucker. Invite opposing views. I am grateful they exist here.
Reply With Quote
  #14813  
Old 30.07.2018, 16:24
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
I honestly really like that our own EF almost in house liberal reporter likes Capo so much that he needs his personal commentary on vids.

Commentary should be present, I agree. We respwct our members' opinions.



Is this:
A - a liberally tolerant and respectful invite for a debate
B - an impatient and unintelligent personal attack
C - a joke

Be like Tucker. Invite opposing views. I am grateful they exist here.
d) your post was bonkers.
Reply With Quote
The following 5 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #14814  
Old 30.07.2018, 16:37
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 9,124
Groaned at 383 Times in 332 Posts
Thanked 15,706 Times in 8,543 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
I honestly really like that our own EF almost in house liberal reporter likes Capo so much that he needs his personal commentary on vids.
LOL!
Good spin.
Reply With Quote
  #14815  
Old 30.07.2018, 20:17
JoeUK's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Au
Posts: 630
Groaned at 30 Times in 26 Posts
Thanked 817 Times in 441 Posts
JoeUK has an excellent reputationJoeUK has an excellent reputationJoeUK has an excellent reputationJoeUK has an excellent reputation
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
I post videos that have no context
Yup.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank JoeUK for this useful post:
  #14816  
Old 30.07.2018, 21:50
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 9,124
Groaned at 383 Times in 332 Posts
Thanked 15,706 Times in 8,543 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Strife in Paradise!

Quote:
Former White House chief strategist Steven Bannon on Sunday slammed the Koch network for comments made by its top officials over the weekend criticizing President Trump's financial policies.
The Koch network has pledged to spend $400 million during the 2018 midterm elections, normally used to support GOP candidates.

"What they [Koch network] have to do is shut up and get with the program," Bannon said in an interview with Politico.

Top Koch officials on Sunday said they will more aggressively target Republicans who do not adhere to the network’s free-market views on issues like spending and tariffs.
Trump turning major donors against the GOP, cannot be!

Source
Getting hotter!

Quote:
The influential Koch political network announced Monday it is not supporting Republican Rep. Kevin Cramer in his race to unseat vulnerable Democratic Sen. Heidi Heitkamp in North Dakota -- the latest sign the conservative group is frustrated with the current state of the GOP.

The decision for now to stay out of a pivotal 2018 Senate race will likely send shock waves through the Republican Party

Americans For Prosperity ( the political and policy arm of the Koch network) President criticized Cramer for his support of a $1.3 trillion spending measure earlier this year and his reluctance to take on the White House on trade and tariffs.
Source

Quote:
The network feels like it has been "taken for granted" by the GOP
The group is not currently supporting Cramer because he is not leading on central policy priorities for the Koch network.
Highlights the difficult choice for GOP candidates in the mid term elections to either stick with traditional GOP policies like fiscal prudence or to tie themselves to the Trump bandwagon.
Reply With Quote
  #14817  
Old 30.07.2018, 22:19
curley's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: canton ZH
Posts: 10,901
Groaned at 172 Times in 143 Posts
Thanked 12,209 Times in 6,398 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Am I getting that right: These Koch brothers spend a fortune on plitical parties (well the democrats), officially and also officially tell that party how to do politics to keep them happy and their money flowing?

WTF. And everybody thinks that's just perfectly okay?

They should bud out. I agree. No matter whom they "support".
Sorry, Swiss.
Reply With Quote
  #14818  
Old 30.07.2018, 22:25
3Wishes's Avatar
Moderately Amused
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bern area
Posts: 10,217
Groaned at 72 Times in 69 Posts
Thanked 16,601 Times in 7,520 Posts
3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Am I getting that right: These Koch brothers spend a fortune on plitical parties (well the democrats), officially and also officially tell that party how to do politics to keep them happy and their money flowing?

WTF. And everybody thinks that's just perfectly okay?

They should bud out. I agree. No matter whom they "support".
Sorry, Swiss.
The Koch brothers are well-known Republican supporters. However they don't like how the party has been pulled to the fringe by so they are backing more "traditional" conservatives or simply not backing the R candidate if they think that person doesn't fit their values.

Whether that will work, who knows. I don't know if people think it's okay, but they are accustomed to it. The Supreme Court removed a lot of the rules surrounding donations to political parties and candidates, so it's a free-for-all if you've got enough dough.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank 3Wishes for this useful post:
  #14819  
Old 31.07.2018, 01:16
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 9,124
Groaned at 383 Times in 332 Posts
Thanked 15,706 Times in 8,543 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
The Koch brothers are well-known Republican supporters. However they don't like how the party has been pulled to the fringe by so they are backing more "traditional" conservatives or simply not backing the R candidate if they think that person doesn't fit their values.

Whether that will work, who knows. I don't know if people think it's okay, but they are accustomed to it. The Supreme Court removed a lot of the rules surrounding donations to political parties and candidates, so it's a free-for-all if you've got enough dough.
It is another example of Trump invoking the law of unintended consequences.
Who would ever have imagined the Koch brothers turning away from GOP candidates?

Koch-backed group to target lawmakers who agree to increase spending

Meanwhile news pours out of the Trump administration like it is delivered with a fire hose so hard to ignore. Today;
Quote:
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo listed specific conditions for President Trump to meet with Iranian leaders, hours after Trump said he would not require any preconditions.

His remarks came just hours after Trump held a joint press conference with Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte, declaring in front of reporters that he would meet with Tehran with “no preconditions.”
Source

Wonder how long Pompeo will keep his job?
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank marton for this useful post:
  #14820  
Old 31.07.2018, 07:43
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 377
Groaned at 74 Times in 57 Posts
Thanked 1,313 Times in 542 Posts
reids has a reputation beyond reputereids has a reputation beyond reputereids has a reputation beyond reputereids has a reputation beyond reputereids has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

So North Korea developing more missiles

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN1KK2KP

I'm not a political analyst, nor do i play one on tv, but Jesus this was so obvious that the Spanky show was a dog and pony show, how did folk in here fall for it?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank reids for this useful post:
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Will Hillary Clinton run for president again? PanFastic International affairs/politics 159 09.10.2018 02:31
Poll: Will Trump win the 2020 elections? k_and_e International affairs/politics 14 05.06.2018 22:06
A generic "will my salary be good enough" post Larsh Employment 51 12.12.2017 12:51
Will Trump be the next US President? Phil_MCR International affairs/politics 2618 14.11.2016 11:16
Shall I inform my employer that I will be self employed or be a owner of a company? Broth76 Business & entrepreneur 6 09.07.2012 16:59


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:24.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0