Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Off-Topic > Off-Topic > International affairs/politics  
View Poll Results: Will Trump be a good President?
Yes 93 26.50%
No 258 73.50%
Voters: 351. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1541  
Old 06.01.2017, 17:14
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
I think the only people who believe this will be a fun 4/8 years are the ones living in cushty Europe who aren't directly affected, laughing at those back in the motherland who aren't as fortunate.

Sad.
So you think? I still have family and property there, go often, and am planning to return. A better question is for those who have nothing to do with it, let alone, even understand it..
This user would like to thank for this useful post:
  #1542  
Old 07.01.2017, 01:24
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

A hopefully siimple question to the trump supporters. How do you rationalise this behaviour? how do you see anything here except a madman.

Donald Trump to his supporters at a rally
“I went to see my wife. I say, ‘Baby, I tell you what. We’re not going to win tonight, The polls are coming out .”

Donald Trump on twitter
"Various media outlets and pundits say that I thought I was going to lose the election. Wrong..."I thought and felt I would win big, easily over the fabled 270" electoral votes.

These are not up for debate, not interpretations by the nasty media, these are on the record from the man you support. How do you accept this nonsense and still support him, this is a genuine qquestion, tell me what you think when you read this.
The following 3 users would like to thank for this useful post:
This user groans at for this post:
  #1543  
Old 07.01.2017, 10:37
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
So you think? I still have family and property there, go often, and am planning to return.
So even those factors didn't move you sufficiently to vote, then? Or did you think Putin had it all sewn up..?
The following 3 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #1544  
Old 07.01.2017, 14:20
Aleydis's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Zurich
Posts: 979
Groaned at 32 Times in 25 Posts
Thanked 737 Times in 395 Posts
Aleydis has an excellent reputationAleydis has an excellent reputationAleydis has an excellent reputationAleydis has an excellent reputation
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
So even those factors didn't move you sufficiently to vote, then? Or did you think Putin had it all sewn up..?
U.S. intel report: Putin directed cyber campaign to help Trump

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKBN14Q1T8
  #1545  
Old 07.01.2017, 14:29
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 11,425
Groaned at 526 Times in 444 Posts
Thanked 20,445 Times in 10,754 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Trump twitter
Quote:
Wow, the ratings are in and Arnold Schwarzenegger got "swamped" (or destroyed) by comparison to the ratings machine, DJT.
So much for being a movie star-and that was season 1 compared to season 14. Now compare him to my season 1.
But who cares, he supported Kasich & Hillary
Arnold's reply
Quote:
I wish you the best of luck and I hope you'll work for ALL of the American people as aggressively as you worked for your ratings.
Is this really the president elect posting this childish stuff.
  #1546  
Old 07.01.2017, 14:40
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 11,425
Groaned at 526 Times in 444 Posts
Thanked 20,445 Times in 10,754 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
U.S. intel report: Putin directed cyber campaign to help Trump

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKBN14Q1T8
Interesting that Trump says the leaked information did not influence the election result whereas in last Tuesday's Fox News interview Assange says it did.
  #1547  
Old 07.01.2017, 16:18
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: -
Posts: 247
Groaned at 141 Times in 99 Posts
Thanked 2,085 Times in 996 Posts
kriss kross has earned some respectkriss kross has earned some respect
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
A hopefully siimple question to the trump supporters. How do you rationalise this behaviour? how do you see anything here except a madman.
He's a politician. They're all full of shit if you hadn't realized.

Quote:
These are not up for debate, not interpretations by the nasty media, these are on the record from the man you support. How do you accept this nonsense and still support him, this is a genuine qquestion, tell me what you think when you read this.
Meh, still better than Hilary.
The following 2 users would like to thank kriss kross for this useful post:
  #1548  
Old 07.01.2017, 16:52
Blueangel's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Küsnacht, Switzerland
Posts: 4,153
Groaned at 124 Times in 108 Posts
Thanked 11,104 Times in 4,868 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
He's a politician. They're all full of shit if you hadn't realized.
But he's not a politician. This is a massive career change. It's like me getting the top job at GlaxoSmithKline after 10yrs in travel.
  #1549  
Old 07.01.2017, 17:10
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: -
Posts: 247
Groaned at 141 Times in 99 Posts
Thanked 2,085 Times in 996 Posts
kriss kross has earned some respectkriss kross has earned some respect
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
But he's not a politician. This is a massive career change. It's like me getting the top job at GlaxoSmithKline after 10yrs in travel.
So what you're saying is the rest of them are politicians and are full of shit, but Trump is not a politician and therefore he represents a change to the same old same old.
Ok I can run with that.

I don't think too many people (on EF) actually think Trump was a great candidate, rather I believe that some think he was a better choice than Hillary and others just want to make the best out of a bad situation.

It seems to me that Trump didn't win the election so much as Hillary lost it.

Seriously, how terrible of a candidate do you have to be to lose to Donald 'The Pussy Grabber' Trump?

Last edited by kriss kross; 07.01.2017 at 18:31.
This user would like to thank kriss kross for this useful post:
  #1550  
Old 07.01.2017, 17:20
me.anon's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: thun
Posts: 2,182
Groaned at 49 Times in 33 Posts
Thanked 2,886 Times in 1,401 Posts
me.anon has a reputation beyond reputeme.anon has a reputation beyond reputeme.anon has a reputation beyond reputeme.anon has a reputation beyond reputeme.anon has a reputation beyond reputeme.anon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
U.S. intel report: Putin directed cyber campaign to help Trump

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKBN14Q1T8
Oh really. Is that unsubstantiated and inconclusive drivel the best that they could come up with after all this time.

I tried to find a similar Main Stream Media report, but one which is open to readers' comments:
The only ones I can come up with so far are from The Australian which seems to vanish behind a paywall after use or Aljazera. Unsurprisingly, the comments are not wholly positive towards the "report".

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/0...204140853.html

https://www.google.ch/url?sa=t&rct=j...,d.bGg&cad=rjt
__________________
If you have difficulties with a post which contains a link to a site in one of the Swiss languages, use Google Translate or your own favourite translating browser.
  #1551  
Old 07.01.2017, 17:28
Blueangel's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Küsnacht, Switzerland
Posts: 4,153
Groaned at 124 Times in 108 Posts
Thanked 11,104 Times in 4,868 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
So what you're saying is the rest of them are politicians and are full of shit, but Trump is not a politician and therefore he represents a change to the same old same old.
Ok I can run with that.
Nah. That's what you're saying.

Quote:
View Post
I don't think too many people (on EF) actually think Trump was a great candidate, rather I believe that some think he was a better choice than Hillary and some just want to make the best out of a bad situation.
I woudn't say he was a better candidate in any way, shape or form. His election only serves to highlight what a poor selection of candidates were fielded by both sides.

Some refer to this as part of a populist movement. I see it as sham politics where 'make do and mend' will be the best that people can hope for. When the bar is set so low only certain creatures can slither under it.
  #1552  
Old 07.01.2017, 17:36
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: -
Posts: 247
Groaned at 141 Times in 99 Posts
Thanked 2,085 Times in 996 Posts
kriss kross has earned some respectkriss kross has earned some respect
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Some refer to this as part of a populist movement. I see it as sham politics where 'make do and mend' will be the best that people can hope for. When the bar is set so low only certain creatures can slither under it.
Oh I totally agree. I also have no clue why the DNC chose a despicable creature like Hillary to run. Mind boggling.

Well thems the breaks, now the Americans will all have to move forward and MAGA!
This user would like to thank kriss kross for this useful post:
  #1553  
Old 07.01.2017, 17:39
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Oh really. Is that unsubstantiated and inconclusive drivel the best that they could come up with after all this time.

I tried to find a similar Main Stream Media report, but one which is open to readers' comments:
The only ones I can come up with so far are from The Australian which seems to vanish behind a paywall after use or Aljazera. Unsurprisingly, the comments are not wholly positive towards the "report".

The Daily Fail has two related articles, both open for their mouth-breathing readers to vent their outraged collective spleen.

The DM is one of the widest read papers/online news in the UK.
This user would like to thank for this useful post:
  #1554  
Old 07.01.2017, 18:12
me.anon's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: thun
Posts: 2,182
Groaned at 49 Times in 33 Posts
Thanked 2,886 Times in 1,401 Posts
me.anon has a reputation beyond reputeme.anon has a reputation beyond reputeme.anon has a reputation beyond reputeme.anon has a reputation beyond reputeme.anon has a reputation beyond reputeme.anon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
The Daily Fail has two related articles, both open for their mouth-breathing readers to vent their outraged collective spleen.

The DM is one of the widest read papers/online news in the UK.
Ah yes. I see it now. I googled for "US Intel Report Election". The Daily Mail article is listed at the bottom of page 6 in my browser. The comments though are mostly one-liners and a large number from America. I guess they have no possibility to express their points of view in a more local publication.
This user would like to thank me.anon for this useful post:
  #1555  
Old 07.01.2017, 18:14
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Ah yes. I see it now. I googled for "US Intel Report Election". The Daily Mail article is listed at the bottom of page 6 in my browser. The comments though are mostly one-liners and a large number from America. I guess they have no possibility to express their points of view in a more local publication.
The comments are a treat, aren't they? I should have bought shares in aluminium considering the amount of foil that must have gone into making all their hats...
The following 2 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #1556  
Old 07.01.2017, 18:41
me.anon's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: thun
Posts: 2,182
Groaned at 49 Times in 33 Posts
Thanked 2,886 Times in 1,401 Posts
me.anon has a reputation beyond reputeme.anon has a reputation beyond reputeme.anon has a reputation beyond reputeme.anon has a reputation beyond reputeme.anon has a reputation beyond reputeme.anon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
The comments are a treat, aren't they? I should have bought shares in aluminium considering the amount of foil that must have gone into making all their hats...
Anyway, I don't understand what all the fuss is about. They'll simply have to get used to having Trump as president. And if it is any consolation, Russia has had its Boris Jeltzin, and Italy it's Silvio Berlusconi. Switzerland narrowly missed a Christoph Blocker, Austria a Jörg Haider and the UK a Boris Johnson (at least as PM). So America is actually due for one.

As for entertainment, when all the Trump election stuff has died down, there will still be the BREXIT, the elections in France and Germany and later, probably, the impeachment of Donald Trump.
__________________
If you have difficulties with a post which contains a link to a site in one of the Swiss languages, use Google Translate or your own favourite translating browser.
This user would like to thank me.anon for this useful post:
  #1557  
Old 07.01.2017, 19:02
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 11,425
Groaned at 526 Times in 444 Posts
Thanked 20,445 Times in 10,754 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Oh really. Is that unsubstantiated and inconclusive drivel the best that they could come up with after all this time.

I tried to find a similar Main Stream Media report, but one which is open to readers' comments:
The only ones I can come up with so far are from The Australian which seems to vanish behind a paywall after use or Aljazera. Unsurprisingly, the comments are not wholly positive towards the "report".

Quote:
View Post
Ah yes. I see it now. I googled for "US Intel Report Election". The Daily Mail article is listed at the bottom of page 6 in my browser. The comments though are mostly one-liners and a large number from America. I guess they have no possibility to express their points of view in a more local publication.
As you seem to find google too challenging here are some links to a few US main stream media with readers comments.

one

two

three

four

five

six

seven

eight

Mostly the comments are in two groups.
The first group deny the Putin hacking but without presenting any evidence.
The second group believe the Putin hacking and challenge the first group to supply their sources.
  #1558  
Old 07.01.2017, 19:11
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Anyway, I don't understand what all the fuss is about. They'll simply have to get used to having Trump as president. And if it is any consolation, Russia has had its Boris Jeltzin, and Italy it's Silvio Berlusconi. Switzerland narrowly missed a Christoph Blocker, Austria a Jörg Haider and the UK a Boris Johnson (at least as PM). So America is actually due for one.
Russian roulette?
  #1559  
Old 07.01.2017, 21:19
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: -
Posts: 247
Groaned at 141 Times in 99 Posts
Thanked 2,085 Times in 996 Posts
kriss kross has earned some respectkriss kross has earned some respect
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
I woudn't say he was a better candidate in any way, shape or form. His election only serves to highlight what a poor selection of candidates were fielded by both sides.
I disagree, I believe his banter and trolling put Hillary to shame. Overall his shtick resonated better with the plebs.

I thought the only one who might be able to out-troll him was Putin. But then Mexico's ex-President is also looking a contender:
Attached Thumbnails
will-trump-good-president-wall.jpg  
  #1560  
Old 07.01.2017, 21:30
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
I disagree, I believe his banter and trolling put Hillary to shame. Overall his shtick resonated better with the plebs.

I thought the only one who might be able to out-troll him was Putin. But then Mexico's ex-President is also looking a contender:
I hope he gets trolled constantly.

But how can you say that the schtick resonated better with the plebs when Hillary still won the popular vote by nearly 3 million? Clearly he resonated better with some people, but not a majority of voters.

I always thought it was better to take the high road, but this election has taught me to that.
Closed Thread




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 9 (0 members and 9 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Will Hillary Clinton run for president again? PanFastic International affairs/politics 162 06.11.2020 12:15
Poll: Will Trump win the 2020 elections? k_and_e International affairs/politics 14 05.06.2018 23:06
A generic "will my salary be good enough" post Larsh Employment 51 12.12.2017 13:51
Will Trump be the next US President? Phil_MCR International affairs/politics 2618 14.11.2016 12:16
Shall I inform my employer that I will be self employed or be a owner of a company? Broth76 Business & entrepreneur 6 09.07.2012 17:59


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 13:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0