Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Off-Topic > Off-Topic > International affairs/politics  
View Poll Results: Will Trump be a good President?
Yes 93 26.50%
No 258 73.50%
Voters: 351. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1641  
Old 09.01.2017, 17:36
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
I understand what you are saying but I do not think it is the case here. I grew up in 1970s UK where mocking people with these gestures and using words such as "spastic" was fairly common place in the playground - but it was only ever used in a negative sense. He may have learnt this in years gone by when it was a more widely used insult, but it was always an insult. His intentions are all too clear. And someone in such high office with such little self awareness is - err - alarming.
My experience in the US is the richer and more powerful the individual, the dirtier their mouths. I've heard talks around dinner table you would not believe. Which cracks me up when people talk about acting "classy".

Trump, having said what he said, would do good in the real world to make up for the verbal insults, to offset it all. I care less about how he talks more about the end results he delivers.

It amuses me how he pisses people off with his tweets. They go after nonsense issues, while he works on real issues. That is how he won the election.
The following 4 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #1642  
Old 09.01.2017, 17:50
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
My experience in the US is the richer and more powerful the individual, the dirtier their mouths. I've heard talks around dinner table you would not believe. Which cracks me up when people talk about acting "classy".

Trump, having said what he said, would do good in the real world to make up for the verbal insults, to offset it all. I care less about how he talks more about the end results he delivers.

It amuses me how he pisses people off with his tweets. They go after nonsense issues, while he works on real issues. That is how he won the election.
The tweets are a distraction, I agree. What's going on behind the tweets matters more.

Trump != classy.
This user would like to thank for this useful post:
  #1643  
Old 09.01.2017, 18:01
st2lemans's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lugano
Posts: 32,724
Groaned at 2,628 Times in 1,870 Posts
Thanked 39,831 Times in 18,788 Posts
st2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
Trump != classy.
Says the person with an avatar of a dog with a red dildo in its mouth!

Tom
The following 5 users would like to thank st2lemans for this useful post:
  #1644  
Old 09.01.2017, 18:37
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
They go after nonsense issues, while he works on real issues. That is how he won the election.
Could you name three of these "real issues" that Trump has worked on? OK, just two, then? One???
The following 2 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #1645  
Old 09.01.2017, 18:39
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
Could you name three of these "real issues" that Trump has worked on? OK, just two, then? One???
A republican House, Senate, Presidency and upcoming Supreme Court. We'll see what else he does when he actually gets into office.
The following 3 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #1646  
Old 09.01.2017, 18:45
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Says the person with an avatar of a dog with a red dildo in its mouth!

Tom
Indeed. You know people who use dog toys as dildos?
  #1647  
Old 09.01.2017, 18:49
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
A republican House, Senate, Presidency and upcoming Supreme Court. We'll see what else he does when he actually gets into office.
Those aren't "real issues" that regular Americans care about. They want to see things being done to directly affect (positively) their lives. In any case, the House, Senate and Presidency were all elected by the people, not appointed or determined by Trump, and he hasn't done anything about the Supreme Court yet.

Do you have an answer to my question?
  #1648  
Old 09.01.2017, 18:49
st2lemans's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lugano
Posts: 32,724
Groaned at 2,628 Times in 1,870 Posts
Thanked 39,831 Times in 18,788 Posts
st2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
Indeed. You know people who use dog toys as dildos?
I have, yes.

Tom
The following 2 users would like to thank st2lemans for this useful post:
  #1649  
Old 09.01.2017, 18:52
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
I have, yes.

Tom
TMFI

Too Much F*ing info
This user would like to thank for this useful post:
  #1650  
Old 09.01.2017, 18:55
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
TMFI

Too Much F*ing info
Too Much Fetching Info?
This user would like to thank for this useful post:
  #1651  
Old 09.01.2017, 18:57
PaddyG's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Pensier, Fribourg
Posts: 9,243
Groaned at 118 Times in 102 Posts
Thanked 16,857 Times in 5,912 Posts
PaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
Too Much Fetching Info?
Too Much Felching Info?
This user would like to thank PaddyG for this useful post:
  #1652  
Old 09.01.2017, 18:57
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Great speech my Mery Streep.
  #1653  
Old 09.01.2017, 19:00
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Too Much Felching Info?


Perhaps you'd be interested in this thread? Burger King Switzerland sucks anal cavity
The following 4 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #1654  
Old 09.01.2017, 19:23
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
Those aren't "real issues" that regular Americans care about. They want to see things being done to directly affect (positively) their lives. In any case, the House, Senate and Presidency were all elected by the people, not appointed or determined by Trump, and he hasn't done anything about the Supreme Court yet.

Do you have an answer to my question?
Americans care about the Supreme Court indeed.

He's not in office yet. Although he has established that manufacturers will be taking a hit if they offshore their production and try to re-import their goods. This has caused some to rethink their offshoring strategies. Meanwhile, companies from Ford, Apple, SoftBank Foxconn and even Alibaba.com are talking about setting up their production in the US to create new jobs.

In the area of finance, knowing he will be cutting corporate taxes, the market popped. Now, even economic institutions in the UK and Europe are planning growth.

We do have a mini-detente with Russia at the moment. They didn't react to the purging of their US diplomats. This may lead to a more permanent and long lasting detente with Russia if Trump is able to moderate the hardliners in the US.

Putin and Erdogan picked up the phone and arrange a seize fire in Syria upon realising Obama will not get in the way of it.

I'm interested to see what he does for the domestic economy, and how he might stimulate black and latino communities. It may be a couple of years before we see anything on that front.
The following 4 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #1655  
Old 09.01.2017, 19:41
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: USA, former Zurich
Posts: 2,041
Groaned at 14 Times in 14 Posts
Thanked 4,811 Times in 1,660 Posts
BokerTov has a reputation beyond reputeBokerTov has a reputation beyond reputeBokerTov has a reputation beyond reputeBokerTov has a reputation beyond reputeBokerTov has a reputation beyond reputeBokerTov has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
My experience in the US is the richer and more powerful the individual, the dirtier their mouths. I've heard talks around dinner table you would not believe. Which cracks me up when people talk about acting "classy".

Trump, having said what he said, would do good in the real world to make up for the verbal insults, to offset it all. I care less about how he talks more about the end results he delivers.

It amuses me how he pisses people off with his tweets. They go after nonsense issues, while he works on real issues. That is how he won the election.
To be fair Phos, money and power does not always (or not often) equate with class. I wish I could remember the exact say, but a friend once told me something along the lines that money can buy you a prettier trailer, but you are still living in the trailer park.

He did live in a trailer (and is very classy, I would argue) btw, but was being sarcastic about his sister in law.
The following 3 users would like to thank BokerTov for this useful post:
  #1656  
Old 09.01.2017, 20:25
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 11,946
Groaned at 619 Times in 524 Posts
Thanked 22,175 Times in 11,636 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
To be fair Phos, money and power does not always (or not often) equate with class. I wish I could remember the exact say, but a friend once told me something along the lines that money can buy you a prettier trailer, but you are still living in the trailer park.

He did live in a trailer (and is very classy, I would argue) btw, but was being sarcastic about his sister in law.
Phos also has a subtle way of bragging about his rich and powerful friends
This user would like to thank marton for this useful post:
  #1657  
Old 09.01.2017, 20:33
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 11,946
Groaned at 619 Times in 524 Posts
Thanked 22,175 Times in 11,636 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Putin and Erdogan picked up the phone and arrange a seize fire in Syria upon realising Obama will not get in the way of it.
And incidentally proving that the US are not driving the war in Syria as many people claim
  #1658  
Old 09.01.2017, 20:50
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Phos also has a subtle way of bragging about his rich and powerful friends
Vlad, Recep and Silvio all agreed that Barack is drag. But Donald, with his gold plated apartment, can relate. Donald's a gas.
This user would like to thank for this useful post:
  #1659  
Old 09.01.2017, 20:58
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 11,946
Groaned at 619 Times in 524 Posts
Thanked 22,175 Times in 11,636 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Vlad, Recep and Silvio all agreed that Barack is drag. But Donald, with his gold plated apartment, can relate. Donald's a gas.
So you believe the future of the world will be managed by a billionaires club?

You are probably correct; now why don't I find that idea comforting?
The following 2 users would like to thank marton for this useful post:
  #1660  
Old 09.01.2017, 21:31
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post

Putin and Erdogan picked up the phone and arrange a seize fire in Syria upon realising Obama will not get in the way of it.
*cough* "Ceasefire"
The following 4 users would like to thank for this useful post:
Closed Thread




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 15 (0 members and 15 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Will Hillary Clinton run for president again? PanFastic International affairs/politics 162 06.11.2020 11:15
Poll: Will Trump win the 2020 elections? k_and_e International affairs/politics 14 05.06.2018 22:06
A generic "will my salary be good enough" post Larsh Employment 51 12.12.2017 12:51
Will Trump be the next US President? Phil_MCR International affairs/politics 2618 14.11.2016 11:16
Shall I inform my employer that I will be self employed or be a owner of a company? Broth76 Business & entrepreneur 6 09.07.2012 16:59


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:11.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0