Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Off-Topic > Off-Topic > International affairs/politics  
View Poll Results: Will Trump be a good President?
Yes 93 26.50%
No 258 73.50%
Voters: 351. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #18621  
Old 27.03.2019, 07:20
st2lemans's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lugano
Posts: 31,918
Groaned at 2,392 Times in 1,740 Posts
Thanked 38,868 Times in 18,320 Posts
st2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Meanwhile, in a land far, far away:

"Senate votes down Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's Green New Deal 57-0 with high-profile Democrats joining Republicans to show their disapproval of radical plan as she says she didn't want vote to happen and charges GOP climate policy with wrecking havoc on world"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...uHsJDc-UvCyXJ8

Tom
  #18622  
Old 27.03.2019, 07:26
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Are you pleased the charges have been dropped? Do you believe he didn't do it? Or do you really think this is comparable to the Mueller investigation?
These questions run too deep for such a simple man,

I'd have to say I don't care, I didn't follow the story, but whatever you think, the courts said there was no case to answer, that's good enough for me, as is Mueller finding no collusion, which I expected. Obstruction, with Barrs involvement, is another matter though, given that we have him admitting it on camera on national tv, high bar that Barr sets.
This user would like to thank for this useful post:
  #18623  
Old 27.03.2019, 07:50
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
Who cares what we, the uninformed, think? What's important is that a judge ruled that there's no case to answer, which leaves Smollett innocent and you and Trump looking foolish. Again.
Quote:
These questions run too deep for such a simple man,

I'd have to say I don't care, I didn't follow the story, but whatever you think, the courts said there was no case to answer, that's good enough for me, as is Mueller finding no collusion, which I expected. Obstruction, with Barrs involvement, is another matter though, given that we have him admitting it on camera on national tv, high bar that Barr sets.
Ah, so it has nothing to do with either Trump or Mueller, but you still feel the urge to get their names in regardless...

Don't worry though, help is available!
  #18624  
Old 27.03.2019, 08:32
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Ah, so it has nothing to do with either Trump or Mueller, but you still feel the urge to get their names in regardless...

Don't worry though, help is available!
I claim my Whoosh
The following 6 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #18625  
Old 27.03.2019, 08:46
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
I claim my Whoosh
Damn, you got there before me!

Who brought Trump's name into the Jussie Smollett case, again?

Quote:
If reids' and marton's ramblings weren't enough, we now have conclusive evidence that Trump Derangement Syndrome is a thing.
  #18626  
Old 27.03.2019, 09:13
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
Damn, you got there before me!

Who brought Trump's name into the Jussie Smollett case, again?
And who claimed he'd been beaten by two Trump supporters wearing red hats and shouting "'this is MAGA country"?

Do keep up.
  #18627  
Old 27.03.2019, 10:05
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
And who claimed he'd been beaten by two Trump supporters wearing red hats and shouting "'this is MAGA country"?

Do keep up.
And who has concluded -- it was beautiful, magical -- that there is no case to answer and therefore no reason to doubt what Smollett stated?

I know it sounds absurd, but this really isn't difficult to follow, Lolz. Just try a little harder.
This user would like to thank for this useful post:
  #18628  
Old 27.03.2019, 10:25
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
And who has concluded -- it was beautiful, magical -- that there is no case to answer and therefore no reason to doubt what Smollett stated?
No one. Or have you?
  #18629  
Old 27.03.2019, 10:42
California Dreamer's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Zurich
Posts: 1,071
Groaned at 154 Times in 83 Posts
Thanked 1,176 Times in 606 Posts
California Dreamer is considered knowledgeableCalifornia Dreamer is considered knowledgeableCalifornia Dreamer is considered knowledgeable
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Meanwhile, in a land far, far away:

"Senate votes down Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's Green New Deal 57-0 with high-profile Democrats joining Republicans to show their disapproval of radical plan as she says she didn't want vote to happen and charges GOP climate policy with wrecking havoc on world"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...uHsJDc-UvCyXJ8

Tom
Good. While I agree we need to move away from a petro-economy this new green deal was based in pure fantasy.
AOC is the dems response to Trump. I see your childish idiot and raise you a brain dead idiot with no class.

Its hard for me to listen to Trump speak. Its impossible for me to listen to AOC speak without wanting to break my computer. She needs to graduate from that high school nagging ex-girlfiend tone she always uses. The only thing she will accomplish is getting Trump re-elected.
This user would like to thank California Dreamer for this useful post:
  #18630  
Old 27.03.2019, 10:48
olygirl's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: d' Innerschwiiz
Posts: 7,408
Groaned at 405 Times in 269 Posts
Thanked 17,467 Times in 5,369 Posts
olygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Ah, so it has nothing to do with either Trump or Mueller, but you still feel the urge to get their names in regardless...

Don't worry though, help is available!
From the above link:

Trump derangement syndrome (TDS) is a neologism describing a reaction to United States President Donald Trump by liberals, progressives, and Never Trump neoconservatives, who are said to respond to Trump's statements and political actions irrationally and with little regard to Trump's actual position or action taken.[2] The term has been used by pro-Trump supporters to discredit criticism of Trump's actions.[3][1][4]

Sounds like it's time to build concentration camps to rid of those pesky liberals, progressives and neoconservatives. They're keeping many of Trump's supporters from feeling utterly superior.

Last edited by olygirl; 27.03.2019 at 11:54.
The following 2 users would like to thank olygirl for this useful post:
  #18631  
Old 27.03.2019, 11:36
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
From the above link:

Trump derangement syndrome (TDS) is a neologism describing a reaction to United States President Donald Trump by liberals, progressives, and Never Trump neoconservatives, who are said to respond to Trump's statements and political actions irrationally and with little regard to Trump's actual position or action taken.[2] The term has been used by pro-Trump supporters to discredit criticism of Trump's actions.[3][1][4]

Sounds like it's time to build concentration camps to rid of those pesky liberals, progressives and neoconservatives. They're keeping many of Trump's supporters from feeling utterly superior.
I've a better idea, just send them all on to this thread! Seems to be a honeypot that's working well enough already.
  #18632  
Old 27.03.2019, 11:55
olygirl's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: d' Innerschwiiz
Posts: 7,408
Groaned at 405 Times in 269 Posts
Thanked 17,467 Times in 5,369 Posts
olygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
I've a better idea, just send them all on to this thread! Seems to be a honeypot that's working well enough already.
I don't understand.
  #18633  
Old 27.03.2019, 12:32
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Meanwhile, in a land far, far away:

"Senate votes down Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's Green New Deal 57-0 with high-profile Democrats joining Republicans to show their disapproval of radical plan as she says she didn't want vote to happen and charges GOP climate policy with wrecking havoc on world"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...uHsJDc-UvCyXJ8

Tom
Indeed. Although 57 to 43 “present” votes is not unanimous. It was a procedural sham, not a serious discussion and the “high profile” senators are from characteristically republican states like AZ, WV, AL. Oh and the solution offered by a GOP gasbag from Utah.

“The solution to climate change is not this unserious resolution we’re considering this week in the Senate but rather the serious solution to human flourishing. The solution to so many of our problems at all times and in all places is to fall in love, get married, and have some kids,' he added. “

Yeah. Impressive behavior. Not.
The following 4 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #18634  
Old 27.03.2019, 14:28
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 11,148
Groaned at 511 Times in 434 Posts
Thanked 20,073 Times in 10,576 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Trump again doing his best to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

The Trump administration announced yesterday it is siding with Obamacare opponents who argue that it is unconstitutional and should be scrapped entirely.

This generated a lot of headlines so overshadowing the reporting of Mueller's probe. Also giving the Dem presidential candidates a golden opportunity to demand what will the GOP replace Obamacare with, currently there is no known plan.

As part of their efforts to put this crisis back in the box; "counselor to the president Kellyanne Conway pointed to Trump's budget, claiming that it protected preexisting conditions and proposals on community health plans"?

Trump said ""The Republican Party will soon be known as the party of health care. You watch" Which is hardly a detailed health care proposal?

Source

Meanwhile the Dems are running around claiming "The GOP will never stop trying to destroy the affordable health care for America's families" and the filing moves Republicans "one step closer to throwing the financial security and peace of mind of millions -- not to mention one of the largest sectors of our economy -- into a tailspin."
__________________
It is naive to assume my posts are my own work
  #18635  
Old 27.03.2019, 14:36
TobiasM's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Zürich
Posts: 1,257
Groaned at 179 Times in 130 Posts
Thanked 2,771 Times in 1,281 Posts
TobiasM has a reputation beyond reputeTobiasM has a reputation beyond reputeTobiasM has a reputation beyond reputeTobiasM has a reputation beyond reputeTobiasM has a reputation beyond reputeTobiasM has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Meme Time



Name:  KTHq6SmlW0BEc1kfwaQ6_FpZRNIByZ2o3ffQ5hmBj5A.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  181.0 KB
  #18636  
Old 27.03.2019, 15:08
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Trump again doing his best to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

The Trump administration announced yesterday it is siding with Obamacare opponents who argue that it is unconstitutional and should be scrapped entirely....

Someone needs to send Spanky away and teach him how to be sensible.
  #18637  
Old 27.03.2019, 16:22
st2lemans's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lugano
Posts: 31,918
Groaned at 2,392 Times in 1,740 Posts
Thanked 38,868 Times in 18,320 Posts
st2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
Someone needs to send Spanky away and teach him how to be sensible.
Don't worry, he'll be gone in 5 1/2 years.

Tom
This user would like to thank st2lemans for this useful post:
  #18638  
Old 27.03.2019, 16:36
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Don't worry, he'll be gone in 5 1/2 years.

Tom
Yes, 5 1/2 years from now he will still be gone, and most likely forgotten.
  #18639  
Old 27.03.2019, 17:16
st2lemans's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lugano
Posts: 31,918
Groaned at 2,392 Times in 1,740 Posts
Thanked 38,868 Times in 18,320 Posts
st2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
Yes, 5 1/2 years from now he will still be gone, and most likely forgotten.
I seriously doubt that he will ever be forgotten.

Tom
The following 9 users would like to thank st2lemans for this useful post:
  #18640  
Old 27.03.2019, 17:22
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 8,486
Groaned at 299 Times in 228 Posts
Thanked 19,509 Times in 6,795 Posts
k_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Most of it was known for a long time but still people preferred it to Hillary.
This user would like to thank k_and_e for this useful post:
Closed Thread




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 7 (0 members and 7 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Will Hillary Clinton run for president again? PanFastic International affairs/politics 162 06.11.2020 11:15
Poll: Will Trump win the 2020 elections? k_and_e International affairs/politics 14 05.06.2018 22:06
A generic "will my salary be good enough" post Larsh Employment 51 12.12.2017 12:51
Will Trump be the next US President? Phil_MCR International affairs/politics 2618 14.11.2016 11:16
Shall I inform my employer that I will be self employed or be a owner of a company? Broth76 Business & entrepreneur 6 09.07.2012 16:59


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 00:11.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0