Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Off-Topic > Off-Topic > International affairs/politics  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #281  
Old 23.02.2017, 21:17
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: All about the alt-right (in the wake of anti-Muslim shooting)

Quote:
View Post
That's quite funny because I've lost count of how many times people on here have been labelled "libtards" (presumably the politically polar opposite of an Alt-right) just because they have moderately left of centre views.

Irritating, isn't it?
I don't mind being called "Alt-Right". I don't even see it as an insult, I've been called worse on here. It's just that I don't subscribe to "Alt-Right" beliefs.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #282  
Old 23.02.2017, 21:20
cyrus's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Emmenbruecke
Posts: 2,956
Groaned at 37 Times in 34 Posts
Thanked 3,373 Times in 1,477 Posts
cyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about the alt-right (in the wake of anti-Muslim shooting)

Quote:
View Post
See below.

The state would rather let girls have their genitals mutilated than offend the sensibilities of ethnic minorities. Just like in Rotherham. This is how multiculturalism works.

England had 5,700 recorded cases of FGM in 2015-16, figures show
The first ever FGM figures show nearly 6,000 new cases in England
Quote:
Most of the women and girls were born in Africa and underwent the procedure there. But 43 girls were born in the UK and 18 of those had it done here.
Try reading your sources before glancing at the headline your local nutter sent you

Also, you may want to go on some alt rights boards and discover their charming views on women.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank cyrus for this useful post:
  #283  
Old 23.02.2017, 21:28
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: All about the alt-right (in the wake of anti-Muslim shooting)

Quote:
View Post
Try reading your sources before glancing at the headline your local nutter sent you
Lol, how about you read the very next paragraph. Here let me help:

"The true extent of the abuse is thought to be much higher with the government estimating 170,000 women and girls in the UK have undergone the procedure."
Reply With Quote
  #284  
Old 23.02.2017, 21:33
cyrus's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Emmenbruecke
Posts: 2,956
Groaned at 37 Times in 34 Posts
Thanked 3,373 Times in 1,477 Posts
cyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about the alt-right (in the wake of anti-Muslim shooting)

Quote:
View Post
Lol, how about you read the very next paragraph. Here let me help:

"The true extent of the abuse is thought to be much higher with the government estimating 170,000 women and girls in the UK have undergone the procedure."
Do you think they're saying those girls had the procedure in the UK?
Reply With Quote
  #285  
Old 23.02.2017, 21:59
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: All about the alt-right (in the wake of anti-Muslim shooting)

Quote:
View Post
Do you think they're saying those girls had the procedure in the UK?
At the end of the day, whether it's done in the UK or not is of little significance. If you want to live in a civilised society there are certain rules you have to follow. If you are taking your children out of the country to have their genitals mutilated then you shouldn't be allowed to return. Where this is the case parents can and should be prosecuted on their return.

And still not one single prosecution.
Reply With Quote
  #286  
Old 23.02.2017, 23:49
FrankZappa's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: France, near Geneva
Posts: 862
Groaned at 8 Times in 7 Posts
Thanked 2,654 Times in 689 Posts
FrankZappa has a reputation beyond reputeFrankZappa has a reputation beyond reputeFrankZappa has a reputation beyond reputeFrankZappa has a reputation beyond reputeFrankZappa has a reputation beyond reputeFrankZappa has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about the alt-right (in the wake of anti-Muslim shooting)

Quote:
View Post
See below.

The state would rather let girls have their genitals mutilated than offend the sensibilities of ethnic minorities. Just like in Rotherham. This is how multiculturalism works.

England had 5,700 recorded cases of FGM in 2015-16, figures show
The first ever FGM figures show nearly 6,000 new cases in England
Thanks for nothing. I know the numbers. I've read the articles, but absolutely no evidence that multiculturalism is a factor at all. Just your prejudices. Not even Jihadi Watch could come up with anything.

Last edited by FrankZappa; 23.02.2017 at 23:52. Reason: Spelling
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank FrankZappa for this useful post:
  #287  
Old 24.02.2017, 00:26
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Küsnacht, Switzerland
Posts: 4,202
Groaned at 89 Times in 83 Posts
Thanked 8,889 Times in 4,073 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about the alt-right (in the wake of anti-Muslim shooting)

Quote:
View Post
It's only a matter of time. "Racist" "Bigot" "Vile" are pretty much the norm, how long before "Paedo" joins the list?

I would never work for any employer thick enough to read those words out of context. Likewise I would never work for anyone who would want me fired for opinions away from work.
Nobody's calling you a paedo. I'm just trying to urge you not to post things that could come back to haunt you.
Quote:
Number of Employers Using Social Media to Screen Candidates Has Increased 500 Percent over the Last Decade
  • Sixty percent of employers use social networking sites to research job candidates, up from 52 percent last year and 11 percent in 2006
  • More than a quarter of employers have found content online that has caused them to reprimand or fire an employee
http://www.careerbuilder.com/share/a...=4%2F28%2F2016
Quote:
Do potential employers check your social media?? YES!!
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/do-po...es-neil-rooney
Quote:
How Social Media Can Help (Or Hurt) You In Your Job Search
https://www.forbes.com/sites/jacquel.../#21ecb7d77ae2
Reply With Quote
  #288  
Old 24.02.2017, 05:55
cyrus's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Emmenbruecke
Posts: 2,956
Groaned at 37 Times in 34 Posts
Thanked 3,373 Times in 1,477 Posts
cyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about the alt-right (in the wake of anti-Muslim shooting)

Quote:
View Post
At the end of the day, whether it's done in the UK or not is of little significance. If you want to live in a civilised society there are certain rules you have to follow. If you are taking your children out of the country to have their genitals mutilated then you shouldn't be allowed to return. Where this is the case parents can and should be prosecuted on their return.

And still not one single prosecution.
Listen, I don't deny that FGM is horrible, but as I've shown you from your own source, whoever practices that has to go to another country to practice it, for fear of prosecution in the uk. While the number in the less than hundreds is terrible, you can't show that it is practiced in the uk without consequence.

This sort of practise ioccurs in closed knit commutes for sure, where everyone has to keep schtumm, but I can't help but feel that you using it as an attack on "multiculturalism" just means you can use it as an anvil to bash immigrants with no real desire to solve the problem.

Basically, you seem to suggest that if you didn't let immigrants in, FGM would cease to be a problem for you.
Reply With Quote
  #289  
Old 24.02.2017, 09:09
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: All about the alt-right (in the wake of anti-Muslim shooting)

Quote:
View Post
Thanks for nothing. I know the numbers. I've read the articles, but absolutely no evidence that multiculturalism is a factor at all. Just your prejudices. Not even Jihadi Watch could come up with anything.
Why do you think they're not being prosecuted? From the link I posted:

"It's very hard to prosecute because you're asking a child to go into court and testify against their parents," FGM campaigner Hibo Wadere explains.
"These parents aren't actually abusers in their mind, they think what they're doing is good for their daughters. so the children don't see this as child abuse."


This is such a lame excuse. The authorities are able to come up with statistics for children who are "at risk". They just have to monitor them, however they won't do this because that would mean monitoring particular ethnic groups, and that doesn't fit with political correctness and multiculturalism.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank for this useful post:
  #290  
Old 24.02.2017, 09:19
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: All about the alt-right (in the wake of anti-Muslim shooting)

Quote:
View Post
Listen, I don't deny that FGM is horrible, but as I've shown you from your own source, whoever practices that has to go to another country to practice it, for fear of prosecution in the uk. While the number in the less than hundreds is terrible, you can't show that it is practiced in the uk without consequence.

This sort of practise ioccurs in closed knit commutes for sure, where everyone has to keep schtumm, but I can't help but feel that you using it as an attack on "multiculturalism" just means you can use it as an anvil to bash immigrants with no real desire to solve the problem.

Basically, you seem to suggest that if you didn't let immigrants in, FGM would cease to be a problem for you.
Attacking multiculturalism is anything but attacking immigrants. It's attacking the State in their dogmatic approach to multiculturalism and how many European countries enforce it on their citizens.

You're expected to celebrate diversity, you're not allowed to question the benefits foreign cultures bring to the UK. Political correctness has led to blind tolerance that positively discriminates against minorities. The result of this is Sharia Law, FGM, Inbreeding etc. happening on the streets of Europe.

What I'm saying is these things happen not because immigrants are there, but because weak politicians, authorities and social services allow it to happen.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #291  
Old 24.02.2017, 10:29
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Zurich
Posts: 1,029
Groaned at 249 Times in 178 Posts
Thanked 2,158 Times in 997 Posts
J2488 has a reputation beyond reputeJ2488 has a reputation beyond reputeJ2488 has a reputation beyond reputeJ2488 has a reputation beyond reputeJ2488 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about the alt-right (in the wake of anti-Muslim shooting)

So, we've moved on from defending peadophilia, to mass import of grenades, to FGM.

Also the work of those gosh-darned forriners.

EF (and in particular Loz and Phos) never fails to deliver.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank J2488 for this useful post:
  #292  
Old 24.02.2017, 10:37
Sandgrounder's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: ZH
Posts: 13,961
Groaned at 128 Times in 119 Posts
Thanked 26,370 Times in 10,118 Posts
Sandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about the alt-right (in the wake of anti-Muslim shooting)

Quote:
View Post

"It's very hard to prosecute because you're asking a child to go into court and testify against their parents," FGM campaigner Hibo Wadere explains.
"These parents aren't actually abusers in their mind, they think what they're doing is good for their daughters. so the children don't see this as child abuse."
Actually, they know full well it's abuse because in many of the high risk areas around the UK, the local authority funds awareness programmes which go into the schools to inform the girls of the risks and it gives them a way to speak up. The teachers are trained to look out for it and the parents know about the information programmes.

And, before anyone comments that they are just do-gooding libtards, it's normally representatives from the local community who conduct the talks and run the help services rather than cardigan-wearing, bearded liberals.
Reply With Quote
  #293  
Old 24.02.2017, 11:16
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Küsnacht, Switzerland
Posts: 4,202
Groaned at 89 Times in 83 Posts
Thanked 8,889 Times in 4,073 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about the alt-right (in the wake of anti-Muslim shooting)

Quote:
View Post
So, we've moved on from defending peadophilia, to mass import of grenades, to FGM.

Also the work of those gosh-darned forriners.

EF (and in particular Loz and Phos) never fails to deliver.
So to drag the thread back on track...

Quote:
Alt-right leader Richard Spencer expelled at CPAC conference
Richard Spencer's removal from the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) came as one of the organisers attacked his views.
Dan Schneider called the alt-right "a sinister organisation that is trying to worm its way into our ranks".
"They are anti-Semites. They are racists," he said.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39059988
It appears that the alt-right aren't welcome anywhere, except in their parent's basements.
Reply With Quote
  #294  
Old 24.02.2017, 12:07
Phos's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: ZRH
Posts: 7,745
Groaned at 542 Times in 416 Posts
Thanked 10,130 Times in 5,411 Posts
Phos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about the alt-right (in the wake of anti-Muslim shooting)

Quote:
View Post
Attacking multiculturalism is anything but attacking immigrants. It's attacking the State in their dogmatic approach to multiculturalism and how many European countries enforce it on their citizens.

You're expected to celebrate diversity, you're not allowed to question the benefits foreign cultures bring to the UK. Political correctness has led to blind tolerance that positively discriminates against minorities. The result of this is Sharia Law, FGM, Inbreeding etc. happening on the streets of Europe.

What I'm saying is these things happen not because immigrants are there, but because weak politicians, authorities and social services allow it to happen.
Exactly. Useful leftist idiots are more to blame than the immigrants themselves. The immigrants are simply looking for a better life. The issue here is an irresponsible management of communities and society.

I once had an aquarium with a few colorful guppies. I thought I needed more fish swimming around. So I ignorantly bought about a dozen gold fishes and added them. I don't know if I missed feeding them, but the gold fishes started nipping at the guppies' fins. So I fed them some more. After a couple of days, the bottom of the aquarium what littered with the carcasses of the guppies, as the the gold fishes continued to feed off them.

I liked both kinds of fishes, but it was a mistake to careflessly mix them together like that not knowing they would not integrate well together.

Real social problems arise when you experiment like this. It isn't racist, nor is it anti-immigrant to take a clear sober look at these situations.. Its merely scientific sociology. It needs to be done with more care and consideration. But some people would rather shut down any such examination while it causes real damage to society. It causes regression.

I was just reading about immigrants in Sweden, probably inspired by Trump, calling for the deportation of other immigrants, because of the crimes other immigrants commit. Demonstrating how even the immigrants have a more rational mind than the leftist denialists.
__________________
exceptio probat regulam
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank Phos for this useful post:
  #295  
Old 24.02.2017, 12:12
amogles's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 10,958
Groaned at 215 Times in 182 Posts
Thanked 21,136 Times in 9,004 Posts
amogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about the alt-right (in the wake of anti-Muslim shooting)

Quote:
View Post
I once had an aquarium with a few colorful guppies. I thought I needed more fish swimming around. So I ignorantly bought about a dozen gold fishes and added them. I don't know if I missed feeding them, but the gold fishes started nipping at the guppies' fins. So I fed them some more. After a couple of days, the bottom of the aquarium what littered with the carcasses of the guppies, as the the gold fishes continued to feed off them.
Totally off topic, I know. But goldfish are (or well, can be) very pretty. But socially they're complete barstewards.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank amogles for this useful post:
  #296  
Old 24.02.2017, 14:45
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Zurich
Posts: 1,029
Groaned at 249 Times in 178 Posts
Thanked 2,158 Times in 997 Posts
J2488 has a reputation beyond reputeJ2488 has a reputation beyond reputeJ2488 has a reputation beyond reputeJ2488 has a reputation beyond reputeJ2488 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about the alt-right (in the wake of anti-Muslim shooting)

Quote:
View Post
Exactly. Useful leftist idiots are more to blame than the immigrants themselves. The immigrants are simply looking for a better life. The issue here is an irresponsible management of communities and society.

I once had an aquarium with a few colorful guppies. I thought I needed more fish swimming around. So I ignorantly bought about a dozen gold fishes and added them. I don't know if I missed feeding them, but the gold fishes started nipping at the guppies' fins. So I fed them some more. After a couple of days, the bottom of the aquarium what littered with the carcasses of the guppies, as the the gold fishes continued to feed off them.

I liked both kinds of fishes, but it was a mistake to careflessly mix them together like that not knowing they would not integrate well together.

Real social problems arise when you experiment like this. It isn't racist, nor is it anti-immigrant to take a clear sober look at these situations.. Its merely scientific sociology. It needs to be done with more care and consideration. But some people would rather shut down any such examination while it causes real damage to society. It causes regression.

I was just reading about immigrants in Sweden, probably inspired by Trump, calling for the deportation of other immigrants, because of the crimes other immigrants commit. Demonstrating how even the immigrants have a more rational mind than the leftist denialists.

Phos raises a good point.

Immigrants will, of course, undoubtedly, begin to nibble on the locals, if they are forced to share a neighborhood. To suggest that humans would behave differently to fish is sheer madness and wishful fantasy.

Its little wonder the streets of Europe are littered with half-eaten corpses of the locals.
Reply With Quote
The following 5 users would like to thank J2488 for this useful post:
  #297  
Old 24.02.2017, 14:50
Sandgrounder's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: ZH
Posts: 13,961
Groaned at 128 Times in 119 Posts
Thanked 26,370 Times in 10,118 Posts
Sandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about the alt-right (in the wake of anti-Muslim shooting)

Quote:
View Post
Phos raises a good point.

Immigrants will, of course, undoubtedly, begin to nibble on the locals, if they are forced to share a neighborhood. To suggest that humans would behave differently to fish is sheer madness and wishful fantasy.

Its little wonder the streets of Europe are littered with half-eaten corpses of the locals.
They're all called "Bob", too...
Reply With Quote
  #298  
Old 24.02.2017, 15:37
Phos's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: ZRH
Posts: 7,745
Groaned at 542 Times in 416 Posts
Thanked 10,130 Times in 5,411 Posts
Phos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about the alt-right (in the wake of anti-Muslim shooting)

Quote:
View Post
Totally off topic, I know. But goldfish are (or well, can be) very pretty. But socially they're complete barstewards.
Quote:
View Post
Phos raises a good point.

Immigrants will, of course, undoubtedly, begin to nibble on the locals, if they are forced to share a neighborhood. To suggest that humans would behave differently to fish is sheer madness and wishful fantasy.

Its little wonder the streets of Europe are littered with half-eaten corpses of the locals.
So after the goldfishes ate off all the other fishes, they started gnawing at each other alive, until there were only three of them left.

Disgusted, I got rid of my aquarium, flushed them down the toilet and never picked up the hobby again.
Reply With Quote
  #299  
Old 24.02.2017, 16:25
FrankZappa's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: France, near Geneva
Posts: 862
Groaned at 8 Times in 7 Posts
Thanked 2,654 Times in 689 Posts
FrankZappa has a reputation beyond reputeFrankZappa has a reputation beyond reputeFrankZappa has a reputation beyond reputeFrankZappa has a reputation beyond reputeFrankZappa has a reputation beyond reputeFrankZappa has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about the alt-right (in the wake of anti-Muslim shooting)

Quote:
View Post
So after the goldfishes ate off all the other fishes, they started gnawing at each other alive, until there were only three of them left.

Disgusted, I got rid of my aquarium, flushed them down the toilet and never picked up the hobby again.
Now I understand. This thread would be much calmer if you'd chosen another kind of pet. Sad.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank FrankZappa for this useful post:
  #300  
Old 27.02.2017, 17:46
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: -
Posts: 262
Groaned at 141 Times in 99 Posts
Thanked 2,085 Times in 996 Posts
kriss kross has earned some respectkriss kross has earned some respect
Re: All about the alt-right (in the wake of anti-Muslim shooting)

Quote:
View Post
Why do you think they're not being prosecuted? From the link I posted:

"It's very hard to prosecute because you're asking a child to go into court and testify against their parents," FGM campaigner Hibo Wadere explains.
"These parents aren't actually abusers in their mind, they think what they're doing is good for their daughters so the children don't see this as child abuse."
In regards to FGM West Midlands Police recently tweeted this beauty (since deleted):
Attached Thumbnails
all-about-alt-right-wake-anti-muslim-shooting-tweet.jpg  
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank kriss kross for this useful post:
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe) olygirl International affairs/politics 2904 15.11.2018 13:45
The real face of muslim brotherhood in Egypt! SantaCruz International affairs/politics 14 03.12.2012 21:30
All The Trouble With Muslim Movie? Zuger Complaints corner 128 17.09.2012 19:52
Complaining about the loss of the small things in life... Andi1 Complaints corner 2 29.05.2012 09:29


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0