Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Off-Topic > Off-Topic > International affairs/politics
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12.10.2017, 02:31
umakemefeelbrandnew's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: BsB
Posts: 46
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 28 Times in 18 Posts
umakemefeelbrandnew is considered knowledgeableumakemefeelbrandnew is considered knowledgeableumakemefeelbrandnew is considered knowledgeable
Mr. President Temer gave a good parcel of Amazonia area to mining industries

Hi everybody,
I read an article about the last absurd act of recent president Michel Temer. He's given a good parcel of Amazonia area for exploring mining activities, and agrobusiness!!
The worst is in an indigenous area between Amapa and Para territories.
First of all, he is president due to a political coup after a impeachment process against Mrs. Dilma Roussef, elected by Brazilian people.
I've been spent 1 year in Amapa, in a little county border French Guiana, called Oiapoque. I taught in a public school over democratic poltics about indigenous students. And more I knew beautiful projects in the Federal University from there, many professors are engaged to rescue and protect indigenous culture, beliefs and language. This university course was created by former president Mr. Lula da Silva to help all indigenous communities to survive into criminal exploration by wooders and agrobusiness.
Now, a man, hated by Brazilian people, just signed and authorized a permission for mining industries and agrobusiness owners to exploring a natural reserve where lived many indigenous communities.
In medias, we watch many news about his corruption government and more a lack of respect to Brazilian people, specialists and organisms in favor to indigenous affairs. Sorry, I feel like an idiot, I pay high taxes to see my country destroyed by a crazy man.
__________________
"Colorless green ideas sleep furiosly".Noam Chomsky

Last edited by umakemefeelbrandnew; 12.10.2017 at 02:36. Reason: morphosyntax
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12.10.2017, 05:33
slammer's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Lummerland
Posts: 4,097
Groaned at 98 Times in 66 Posts
Thanked 6,654 Times in 2,462 Posts
slammer has a reputation beyond reputeslammer has a reputation beyond reputeslammer has a reputation beyond reputeslammer has a reputation beyond reputeslammer has a reputation beyond reputeslammer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mr. President Temer gave a good parcel of Amazonia area to mining industries

Quote:
View Post
Hi everybody,
I read an article about the last absurd act of recent president Michel Temer. He's given a good parcel of Amazonia area for exploring mining activities, and agrobusiness!!
The worst is in an indigenous area between Amapa and Para territories.
First of all, he is president due to a political coup after a impeachment process against Mrs. Dilma Roussef, elected by Brazilian people.
I've been spent 1 year in Amapa, in a little county border French Guiana, called Oiapoque. I taught in a public school over democratic poltics about indigenous students. And more I knew beautiful projects in the Federal University from there, many professors are engaged to rescue and protect indigenous culture, beliefs and language. This university course was created by former president Mr. Lula da Silva to help all indigenous communities to survive into criminal exploration by wooders and agrobusiness.
Now, a man, hated by Brazilian people, just signed and authorized a permission for mining industries and agrobusiness owners to exploring a natural reserve where lived many indigenous communities.
In medias, we watch many news about his corruption government and more a lack of respect to Brazilian people, specialists and organisms in favor to indigenous affairs. Sorry, I feel like an idiot, I pay high taxes to see my country destroyed by a crazy man.
Sounds like a Brazilian Trump.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12.10.2017, 07:11
Treverus's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: SZ
Posts: 10,117
Groaned at 237 Times in 199 Posts
Thanked 18,229 Times in 6,658 Posts
Treverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mr. President Temer gave a good parcel of Amazonia area to mining industries

Quote:
View Post
First of all, he is president due to a political coup after a impeachment process against Mrs. Dilma Roussef, elected by Brazilian people.
No offense, but that would not have happened if Madame Roussef and Lula himself would have just been a little less corrupt, no?
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Treverus for this useful post:
  #4  
Old 12.10.2017, 07:12
Medea Fleecestealer's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Misery-Courtion
Posts: 16,699
Groaned at 276 Times in 211 Posts
Thanked 12,274 Times in 7,026 Posts
Medea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mr. President Temer gave a good parcel of Amazonia area to mining industries

You're behind with your news flow. It's not happening due to everyone else in the world thinking it's a bad idea.

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...rest-to-mining
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Medea Fleecestealer for this useful post:
  #5  
Old 12.10.2017, 22:55
umakemefeelbrandnew's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: BsB
Posts: 46
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 28 Times in 18 Posts
umakemefeelbrandnew is considered knowledgeableumakemefeelbrandnew is considered knowledgeableumakemefeelbrandnew is considered knowledgeable
Re: Mr. President Temer gave a good parcel of Amazonia area to mining industries

Quote:
View Post
You're behind with your news flow. It's not happening due to everyone else in the world thinking it's a bad idea.

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...rest-to-mining
These news are frrom last year!!!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12.10.2017, 23:08
curley's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: canton ZH
Posts: 4,188
Groaned at 48 Times in 45 Posts
Thanked 4,334 Times in 2,303 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mr. President Temer gave a good parcel of Amazonia area to mining industries

Quote:
View Post
These news are frrom last year!!!
Well it says Tuesday 26 September 2017 15.04 BST in the article?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank curley for this useful post:
  #7  
Old 12.10.2017, 23:18
umakemefeelbrandnew's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: BsB
Posts: 46
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 28 Times in 18 Posts
umakemefeelbrandnew is considered knowledgeableumakemefeelbrandnew is considered knowledgeableumakemefeelbrandnew is considered knowledgeable
Re: Mr. President Temer gave a good parcel of Amazonia area to mining industries

Quote:
View Post
No offense, but that would not have happened if Madame Roussef and Lula himself would have just been a little less corrupt, no?
About indigenous area for mining industry in Lula government?
Of course Not! Why so many conflits between wood owners and indigenous people in last years?. Because all of these areas were preserved by laws, protected by Ministry of Justice, and more any ilegal invasion has hard punishment.
And more, the indigenous people attack if someone enter in these areas without their authorization. All of guaranties have been a victory since 80's and 90's.
Even university researchers are obligated to go to Funai (National Foundation on Indigenous People Protecton) to demand an authorization to enter in these areas.

Corruption for corruption is like a "culture" here in Brazilian politics, there are more degree and less one. Lately a politician couldn't be in jail, now everything starts to be changed about it ...
__________________
"Colorless green ideas sleep furiosly".Noam Chomsky
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12.10.2017, 23:28
umakemefeelbrandnew's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: BsB
Posts: 46
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 28 Times in 18 Posts
umakemefeelbrandnew is considered knowledgeableumakemefeelbrandnew is considered knowledgeableumakemefeelbrandnew is considered knowledgeable
Re: Mr. President Temer gave a good parcel of Amazonia area to mining industries

Quote:
View Post
You're behind with your news flow. It's not happening due to everyone else in the world thinking it's a bad idea.

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...rest-to-mining
Sorry about my mistake due to date.

Even that I post this article in French languange.
https://mobile2.tdg.ch/articles/599e...5c376dd9000001

Yes, we're taking eyes on it.

Last edited by umakemefeelbrandnew; 13.10.2017 at 00:01. Reason: morphosyntax
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
amazonia territory, brazilian politics




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Will Trump be a Good President? Phil_MCR International affairs/politics 9488 22.10.2017 19:14
Josef Ackermann becomes President of the Bank of Cyprus Wollishofener International affairs/politics 2 23.11.2014 12:16
What is the cheapest way to have a parcel of clothes sent from USA to CH? Sinéad Finance/banking/taxation 8 05.10.2012 20:46
Mr Schweiz competition. How many of you have remembered to enter? Rangatiranui Swiss politics/news 40 14.03.2011 20:00
Gave bad rep instead of good! Eeks! miniMia Forum support 19 09.07.2008 14:38


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 00:33.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0