Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Off-Topic > Off-Topic > International affairs/politics  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #801  
Old 09.05.2018, 19:49
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: What's Happening to Sweden?

Quote:
View Post
They essentially adopt the anti-immigration stance of the Sweden Democrats and then claim that they defeated the 'far right' after they win.
And after elections they bend and twist and go along as they have done for years.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #802  
Old 09.05.2018, 23:17
parnell's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Geroldswil
Posts: 513
Groaned at 187 Times in 120 Posts
Thanked 1,767 Times in 872 Posts
parnell has a reputation beyond reputeparnell has a reputation beyond reputeparnell has a reputation beyond reputeparnell has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What's Happening to Sweden?

88% of gang rapists in Sweden have foreign background according to a survey from Sweden's daily Aftonbladet :

Quote:
Ninety-nine out of the 112 people convicted of group rape in Sweden have a foreign background, a recent survey by the tabloid daily Aftonbladet has revealed. For years, ethnic profiling has been a taboo in the Scandinavian country, but recent surveys of this kind have started to emerge.

Having mapped 58 judgments in cases involving group rape, Aftobladet found a quadruple increase in group rape over only a four-year stretch, with a clear over-representation of migrants.

Of the 112 convicted offenders, 82 were born outside Europe. Twenty-seven of the 112 were born in Sweden, of which only 13 to two Swedish-born parents. In other words, 99 out of 112 group rapists, or just over 88 percent, have foreign backgrounds. The most common citizenship among the perpetrators is Swedish (41); then Afghan (25), Iraqi (9) and Somalian (7).

The survey also found that seven out of 10 perpetrators were aged between 15 and 20 and that the median age of the victims was only 15.
...

Earlier this year, a similar study, one of the first of this kind in Sweden, where ethnic profiling has been considered "unethical" for decades, arrived to similar conclusions. According to the survey by Expressen, published in March this year, group rape has been almost exclusively committed by people of foreign descent (42 out of 43 cases surveyed).

So much for not being able to compare...
Reply With Quote
  #803  
Old 10.05.2018, 09:46
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 9,442
Groaned at 390 Times in 338 Posts
Thanked 16,578 Times in 8,985 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What's Happening to Sweden?

Quote:
View Post
88% of gang rapists in Sweden have foreign background according to a survey from Sweden's daily Aftonbladet :


So much for not being able to compare...
From the original article in Aftonbladet;
Quote:
We know after our review that group violence was largely committed indoors by affected teenagers who were schoolmates, chatted on Facebook, attended the same parties, or had met each other in the hours before the crime.
The newspaper only looked at 58 cases since July 2012 out of the ca. 6,000 completed rape offence cases during the period so it is dangerous to draw conclusions from this small sample.

Gang rapes are not defined in Swedish law so the newspaper requested all rape sentences with more than one perpetrator between July 2012 and December 2017.
It was the Russian newspaper that you linked to that used the term "gang rape" Most of us do not consider two people to be a gang?
Quote:
Rarely more than two perpetrators were convicted. In eight cases three perpetrators were convicted, and in one case five were sentenced.
Reply With Quote
  #804  
Old 10.05.2018, 10:38
parnell's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Geroldswil
Posts: 513
Groaned at 187 Times in 120 Posts
Thanked 1,767 Times in 872 Posts
parnell has a reputation beyond reputeparnell has a reputation beyond reputeparnell has a reputation beyond reputeparnell has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What's Happening to Sweden?

Quote:
View Post
From the original article in Aftonbladet;


The newspaper only looked at 58 cases since July 2012 out of the ca. 6,000 completed rape offence cases during the period so it is dangerous to draw conclusions from this small sample.

Gang rapes are not defined in Swedish law so the newspaper requested all rape sentences with more than one perpetrator between July 2012 and December 2017.
It was the Russian newspaper that you linked to that used the term "gang rape" Most of us do not consider two people to be a gang?
So which one of the following happens to be your point ?
  • two lads raping a person is not "gang rape"
  • it's a pity that there were not more gang rapes in the period which led to successful convictionsso that you could have a larger sample from which to draw conclusions
  • 88% being of foreign background is not that much and doesn't tell a clear enough picture

Reply With Quote
  #805  
Old 10.05.2018, 14:21
amogles's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 10,787
Groaned at 229 Times in 193 Posts
Thanked 22,459 Times in 9,538 Posts
amogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What's Happening to Sweden?

Quote:
And after elections they bend and twist and go along as they have done for years.
With the big difference that they can no longer call out the far right for saying things that essentially they themselves said. The memory of the internet can come back and haunt you.

So it's a trick they can pull of maybe once, maybe twice, but it's the beginning of the end of their grip on power.

Asak the traditional French Right how well that trick is working in pushing the FN into insignificance.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank amogles for this useful post:
  #806  
Old 10.05.2018, 14:31
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: What's Happening to Sweden?

Quote:
View Post
With the big difference that they can no longer call out the far right for saying things that essentially they themselves said. The memory of the internet can come back and haunt you.

So it's a trick they can pull of maybe once, maybe twice, but it's the beginning of the end of their grip on power.

Asak the traditional French Right how well that trick is working in pushing the FN into insignificance.
The longer you give socialists power, the more people will be longing for an alternative and the harder it gets to reach such alternative.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank for this useful post:
This user groans at for this post:
  #807  
Old 10.05.2018, 14:41
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: What's Happening to Sweden?

Quote:
View Post
Gang rapes are not defined in Swedish law so the newspaper requested all rape sentences with more than one perpetrator between July 2012 and December 2017.
It was the Russian newspaper that you linked to that used the term "gang rape" Most of us do not consider two people to be a gang?
Most of us?

Can you back that up....
Reply With Quote
This user groans at for this post:
  #808  
Old 10.05.2018, 14:52
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: -
Posts: 247
Groaned at 141 Times in 99 Posts
Thanked 2,085 Times in 996 Posts
kriss kross has earned some respectkriss kross has earned some respect
Re: What's Happening to Sweden?

Sweden just needs to be a bit more tolerant.

And by tolerant I mean ignore the irreconcilable differences that they have with their new neighbours.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank kriss kross for this useful post:
This user groans at kriss kross for this post:
  #809  
Old 10.05.2018, 15:00
TobiasM's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Zürich
Posts: 1,263
Groaned at 184 Times in 132 Posts
Thanked 2,765 Times in 1,280 Posts
TobiasM has a reputation beyond reputeTobiasM has a reputation beyond reputeTobiasM has a reputation beyond reputeTobiasM has a reputation beyond reputeTobiasM has a reputation beyond reputeTobiasM has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What's Happening to Sweden?

Quote:
The longer you give socialists power, the more people will be longing for an alternative and the harder it gets to reach such alternative.
So you think Neo Conservative / Alt-Right thinking is better? Lovely, lets go and kick a few immigrants in this evening, before telling them to go home, because they are all rapists and child molesters.

*Strewth*

The people on this forum that keep up this nonsense, and about Sweden, what are you Donald Trumps? a. You are living in Switzerland, which is neither in the EU and has nothing to do with Sweden. b. What difference or negative impact has immigration actually had on your petty sad lives?.

Marton is absolutely bang on for arguing with you about this, because you are all so blatantly bigoted.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank TobiasM for this useful post:
This user groans at TobiasM for this post:
  #810  
Old 10.05.2018, 15:31
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: What's Happening to Sweden?

Quote:
View Post
So you think Neo Conservative / Alt-Right thinking is better? Lovely, lets go and kick a few immigrants in this evening, before telling them to go home, because they are all rapists and child molesters.

*Strewth*

The people on this forum that keep up this nonsense, and about Sweden, what are you Donald Trumps? a. You are living in Switzerland, which is neither in the EU and has nothing to do with Sweden. b. What difference or negative impact has immigration actually had on your petty sad lives?.

Marton is absolutely bang on for arguing with you about this, because you are all so blatantly bigoted.
The willingness for violence is much bigger on the left, and yes I prefer alt-right way above left/socialism.

You do what people like you are good at, killing a discussion by doing a simple yet dumb trick. I say: "Prevention of crime works best when looking at social factors involved in such, and this teaches us that certain crimes are much more likely to be committed by certain people and for some crimes it is the immigrant group being responsible for a growth in the numbers, so crime fighting should also have specific things pointed towards these groups" your answer in short "you're a Donald Trump and think that all immigrants are rapists" just by such behaviour you disqualify to me as somebody with whom a serious conversation can be held.

And what do I have to do with Sweden, well I am the only one in my household without a Swedish passport and I see the struggle that my partner parents have to keep up their way of living while being taxed more and more so the socialists can keep up their free handing out of presents paid for by other people, I see them taking meds that have bad side effects since they lack the money and other ones and proper ones are not funded anymore due to budget cuts because the system keeps providing more and more to those who do not contribute. I hear his stories of police unwilling to interact while his daughters where being harassed in a neighbourhood being taken over by immigrants because the general police and political consensus was to close the eye to such things and more blame them on them having their long blond hair loose in such neighbourhood instead of blaming them on cultural problems. Eventually forcing them to move away from there, it is you who has no experience with Swedish society and who wants to believe in the so desired perception of the Swedish society being an open to all successtory, while more and more Swedes are disbanding this idea since they see the country being in a downwards spiral and politics not willing to change what causes this spiral to go down.
Reply With Quote
The following 4 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #811  
Old 10.05.2018, 15:32
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: -
Posts: 247
Groaned at 141 Times in 99 Posts
Thanked 2,085 Times in 996 Posts
kriss kross has earned some respectkriss kross has earned some respect
Re: What's Happening to Sweden?

Quote:
View Post
So you think Neo Conservative / Alt-Right thinking is better? Lovely, lets go and kick a few immigrants in this evening, before telling them to go home, because they are all rapists and child molesters.

*Strewth*

The people on this forum that keep up this nonsense, and about Sweden, what are you Donald Trumps? a. You are living in Switzerland, which is neither in the EU and has nothing to do with Sweden. b. What difference or negative impact has immigration actually had on your petty sad lives?.

Marton is absolutely bang on for arguing with you about this, because you are all so blatantly bigoted.
If mass immigration is such a great thing then why doesn't anyone want to live in 'migrant area's' and send their children to schools with large amounts of migrants?

Perhaps it's not such a great thing after all. Perhaps it's just easier to say all the positive things about immigration whilst ensuring that you and your family are as far away as possible from all of it.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank kriss kross for this useful post:
  #812  
Old 10.05.2018, 15:32
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 9,442
Groaned at 390 Times in 338 Posts
Thanked 16,578 Times in 8,985 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What's Happening to Sweden?

Quote:
Most of us?

Can you back that up....
Why do you think two people are a gang

Official definitions
Federal definition. The federal definition of gang as used by the US Department of Justice and the Department of Homeland Security's Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), is:

An association of three or more individuals

Source
Reply With Quote
  #813  
Old 10.05.2018, 15:41
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 9,442
Groaned at 390 Times in 338 Posts
Thanked 16,578 Times in 8,985 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What's Happening to Sweden?

Quote:
View Post
If mass immigration is such a great thing then why doesn't anyone want to live in 'migrant area's' and send their children to schools with large amounts of migrants?

Perhaps it's not such a great thing after all. Perhaps it's just easier to say all the positive things about immigration whilst ensuring that you and your family are as far away as possible from all of it.
"whilst ensuring that you and your family are as far away as possible from all of it" alleging a migrant is staying away from migrants is rather Kafkaesque
Reply With Quote
  #814  
Old 10.05.2018, 15:54
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: What's Happening to Sweden?

Quote:
View Post
Why do you think two people are a gang

Official definitions
Federal definition. The federal definition of gang as used by the US Department of Justice and the Department of Homeland Security's Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), is:

An association of three or more individuals

Source
Yes and committing a crime with two people in the Netherlands qualifies as committing it as a group.

So..
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank for this useful post:
  #815  
Old 10.05.2018, 16:01
amogles's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 10,787
Groaned at 229 Times in 193 Posts
Thanked 22,459 Times in 9,538 Posts
amogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What's Happening to Sweden?

Quote:
View Post
Why do you think two people are a gang

Official definitions
Federal definition. The federal definition of gang as used by the US Department of Justice and the Department of Homeland Security's Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), is:

An association of three or more individuals

Source
So Sweden is now under US federal law?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank amogles for this useful post:
  #816  
Old 10.05.2018, 16:23
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 9,442
Groaned at 390 Times in 338 Posts
Thanked 16,578 Times in 8,985 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What's Happening to Sweden?

Quote:
Yes and committing a crime with two people in the Netherlands qualifies as committing it as a group.

So..
Can you back that up....?
Reply With Quote
  #817  
Old 10.05.2018, 16:23
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 9,442
Groaned at 390 Times in 338 Posts
Thanked 16,578 Times in 8,985 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What's Happening to Sweden?

Quote:
View Post
So Sweden is now under US federal law?
I am sure you have a better and more local definition
Reply With Quote
  #818  
Old 10.05.2018, 16:41
parnell's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Geroldswil
Posts: 513
Groaned at 187 Times in 120 Posts
Thanked 1,767 Times in 872 Posts
parnell has a reputation beyond reputeparnell has a reputation beyond reputeparnell has a reputation beyond reputeparnell has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What's Happening to Sweden?

Quote:
And what do I have to do with Sweden, well I am the only one in my household without a Swedish passport and I see the struggle that my partner parents have to keep up their way of living while being taxed more and more so the socialists can keep up their free handing out of presents paid for by other people, I see them taking meds that have bad side effects since they lack the money and other ones and proper ones are not funded anymore due to budget cuts because the system keeps providing more and more to those who do not contribute. I hear his stories of police unwilling to interact while his daughters where being harassed in a neighbourhood being taken over by immigrants because the general police and political consensus was to close the eye to such things and more blame them on them having their long blond hair loose in such neighbourhood instead of blaming them on cultural problems. Eventually forcing them to move away from there, it is you who has no experience with Swedish society and who wants to believe in the so desired perception of the Swedish society being an open to all successtory, while more and more Swedes are disbanding this idea since they see the country being in a downwards spiral and politics not willing to change what causes this spiral to go down.
If Tobi or Marton or any other of the anti-reality crowd really believed in what they write here they'd vote with their feet and move to North Korea.

Where do they live ? In the most (only?) right-wing direct democracy society left in the Western World.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank parnell for this useful post:
  #819  
Old 10.05.2018, 16:46
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 9,442
Groaned at 390 Times in 338 Posts
Thanked 16,578 Times in 8,985 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What's Happening to Sweden?

Quote:
Yes and committing a crime with two people in the Netherlands qualifies as committing it as a group.

So..
If you want to bring Netherlands into this discussion then Professor Frank M. Weerman, Netherlands Institute for the Study of Crime and Law Enforcement (NSCR) writes
Quote:
The predominant form of gang in both Europe and the USA is the Compressed gang in the Maxson–Klein typology.
It is predominantly an adolescent group of a few years’ duration, ranging in size usually from 10 to 50 members.
Reply With Quote
  #820  
Old 10.05.2018, 17:01
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: What's Happening to Sweden?

Quote:
View Post
Can you back that up....?
Yes, I can. But can you read Dutch? Guess not, So I explain how this works in the Netherlands.

The Dutch definition of gangrape is "Verkrachting in Vereniging" (Rape in association)

And Association is defined as "committing the crime together with one or more other persons"

This leads to gangrape being a rape with a minimum of two rapists involved.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank for this useful post:
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1-0 against Liverpool!What is happening? englishspeaker Football/sports 5 03.11.2014 00:58
What's happening this weekend? M. Ploymi Travel/day trips/free time 18 16.09.2011 17:40
What happening to Switzerland ? BasP72 Other/general 3 01.05.2011 01:13
What is happening to Geneva ... It SUCKS Momus Daily life 159 15.08.2010 23:42
[chainsaw attack] What's happening in/to this country? ValleyCEO Daily life 102 08.08.2009 20:46


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0