Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Off-Topic > Off-Topic > International affairs/politics  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 12.08.2019, 11:26
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Jeffrey Epstein found dead in Manhattan’s Metropolitan Correctional Center

Quote:
View Post
As far as I recall, the law was passed but has yet to be implemented.

Tom

Last edited by Guest; 16.08.2019 at 13:45. Reason: Fixed HTML, YouTube video is now playable.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 12.08.2019, 11:35
Treverus's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Work in ZH, live in SZ
Posts: 12,452
Groaned at 366 Times in 296 Posts
Thanked 23,901 Times in 8,648 Posts
Treverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jeffrey Epstein found dead in Manhattan’s Metropolitan Correctional Center

Quote:
And drive-by groaning
Yeah, Tom is the one guy who groans more than Epstein...
Reply With Quote
The following 4 users would like to thank Treverus for this useful post:
  #63  
Old 12.08.2019, 14:43
st2lemans's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lugano
Posts: 32,716
Groaned at 2,626 Times in 1,868 Posts
Thanked 39,825 Times in 18,784 Posts
st2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jeffrey Epstein found dead in Manhattan’s Metropolitan Correctional Center

Quote:
That there is nothing he won't excuse if perpetrated by a rich white man.
R. Kelly may be rich, but he's not white.

Tom
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 12.08.2019, 14:50
bigblue2's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Glarus
Posts: 8,082
Groaned at 484 Times in 403 Posts
Thanked 14,715 Times in 5,780 Posts
bigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jeffrey Epstein found dead in Manhattan’s Metropolitan Correctional Center

Quote:
View Post
R. Kelly may be rich, but he's not white.

Tom
he's not rich anymore either, last I heard about him he was flat broke.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank bigblue2 for this useful post:
  #65  
Old 12.08.2019, 14:57
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Jeffrey Epstein found dead in Manhattan’s Metropolitan Correctional Center

Quote:
View Post
R. Kelly may be rich, but he's not white.

Tom
Are you suggesting you are cool with his behaviour?
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 12.08.2019, 14:59
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: CH
Posts: 10,970
Groaned at 2,032 Times in 1,120 Posts
Thanked 5,139 Times in 3,246 Posts
omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat
Re: Jeffrey Epstein found dead in Manhattan’s Metropolitan Correctional Center

Quote:
View Post
R. Kelly may be rich, but he's not white.

Tom
There's alway exceptions
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 12.08.2019, 15:09
Treverus's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Work in ZH, live in SZ
Posts: 12,452
Groaned at 366 Times in 296 Posts
Thanked 23,901 Times in 8,648 Posts
Treverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jeffrey Epstein found dead in Manhattan’s Metropolitan Correctional Center

Quote:
Are you suggesting you are cool with his behaviour?
If we have to derail this thread would I suggest the Nxium story instead - it got Hollywood actresses as sex slaves for a cult leader… why is it that things in the US tend to get so extreme?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Treverus for this useful post:
  #68  
Old 12.08.2019, 19:17
cannut's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: canada
Posts: 6,914
Groaned at 182 Times in 142 Posts
Thanked 6,191 Times in 3,404 Posts
cannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jeffrey Epstein found dead in Manhattan’s Metropolitan Correctional Center

Quote:
View Post
If we have to derail this thread would I suggest the Nxium story instead - it got Hollywood actresses as sex slaves for a cult leader… why is it that things in the US tend to get so extreme?


I love SEX !
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank cannut for this useful post:
  #69  
Old 15.08.2019, 14:24
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 8,804
Groaned at 324 Times in 248 Posts
Thanked 20,231 Times in 7,057 Posts
k_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jeffrey Epstein found dead in Manhattan’s Metropolitan Correctional Center

But he didn't know him!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...C-mansion.html
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank k_and_e for this useful post:
  #70  
Old 15.08.2019, 18:28
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Geneva
Posts: 451
Groaned at 62 Times in 38 Posts
Thanked 1,218 Times in 685 Posts
Reb77Br has a reputation beyond reputeReb77Br has a reputation beyond reputeReb77Br has a reputation beyond reputeReb77Br has a reputation beyond reputeReb77Br has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jeffrey Epstein found dead in Manhattan’s Metropolitan Correctional Center

Check out the painting of Bill Clinton here:

EXCLUSIVE: Jeffrey Epstein had a painting of Bill Clinton wearing a blue DRESS and red heels and lounging in the Oval Office inside his Manhattan mansion - visitor reveals bizarre image inside pedophile's $56m lair

"The original painting is called 'Parsing Bill' and is by Australian-American artist Petrina Ryan-Kleid, although it is unclear if Epstein had bought the canvas or had a print mounted. Ryan-Kleid exhibited for her degree show when she graduated with an MFA in 2012 from the New York Academy of Art."

Then compare it with the description by the anonymous source who said she saw it when visiting Epstein's home to make a business proposal:

"She told DailyMailTV: 'It was absolutely Bill Clinton. It was shocking - it was definitely a painting of him. It was a very provocative, sexual picture. He was wearing heels, a blue dress and his hand was in a weird position."

I can't see anything provocative or sexual about the painting, unless one thinks a bloke in a dress showing a bit of thigh is sexy, nor that either of his hands are in a "weird position".

So this story seems to me to involve exaggeration, indeed be "sexed up". It makes me wonder to what extent exaggeration might be a factor in the anonymous source's other claim that she spotted a "a girl who seemed to be 14 waiting to see the financier" and the much more serious claims by alleged victims against Epstein's estate and Ghislaine Maxwell and others, especially with the prospect of gaining thousands if not millions of dollars in exchange.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 15.08.2019, 18:33
California Dreamer's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Zurich
Posts: 1,082
Groaned at 209 Times in 101 Posts
Thanked 1,217 Times in 623 Posts
California Dreamer is considered unworthyCalifornia Dreamer is considered unworthyCalifornia Dreamer is considered unworthyCalifornia Dreamer is considered unworthy
Re: Jeffrey Epstein found dead in Manhattan’s Metropolitan Correctional Center

Considering Mr. Clinton ditched secret service to take 26 flights on the "Lolita Express".........I'm sure nothing happened on private jet that specialized in trafficking under age girls.

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2...n-multiple-lo/

Also, that prison has not had a suicide in over 20 years.


No conspiracy here.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 15.08.2019, 19:01
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 8,804
Groaned at 324 Times in 248 Posts
Thanked 20,231 Times in 7,057 Posts
k_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jeffrey Epstein found dead in Manhattan’s Metropolitan Correctional Center

Quote:
View Post
So this story seems to me to involve exaggeration, indeed be "sexed up". It makes me wonder to what extent exaggeration might be a factor in the anonymous source's other claim that she spotted a "a girl who seemed to be 14 waiting to see the financier" and the much more serious claims by alleged victims against Epstein's estate and Ghislaine Maxwell and others, especially with the prospect of gaining thousands if not millions of dollars in exchange.
Sexy no, but who has something so bizarre in the house?
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 15.08.2019, 19:28
me.anon's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: thun
Posts: 2,255
Groaned at 54 Times in 37 Posts
Thanked 2,983 Times in 1,447 Posts
me.anon has a reputation beyond reputeme.anon has a reputation beyond reputeme.anon has a reputation beyond reputeme.anon has a reputation beyond reputeme.anon has a reputation beyond reputeme.anon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jeffrey Epstein found dead in Manhattan’s Metropolitan Correctional Center

Quote:
View Post
Check out the painting of Bill Clinton here:

EXCLUSIVE: Jeffrey Epstein had a painting of Bill Clinton wearing a blue DRESS and red heels and lounging in the Oval Office inside his Manhattan mansion - visitor reveals bizarre image inside pedophile's $56m lair

"The original painting is called 'Parsing Bill' and is by Australian-American artist Petrina Ryan-Kleid, although it is unclear if Epstein had bought the canvas or had a print mounted. Ryan-Kleid exhibited for her degree show when she graduated with an MFA in 2012 from the New York Academy of Art."

Then compare it with the description by the anonymous source who said she saw it when visiting Epstein's home to make a business proposal:

"She told DailyMailTV: 'It was absolutely Bill Clinton. It was shocking - it was definitely a painting of him. It was a very provocative, sexual picture. He was wearing heels, a blue dress and his hand was in a weird position."

I can't see anything provocative or sexual about the painting, unless one thinks a bloke in a dress showing a bit of thigh is sexy, nor that either of his hands are in a "weird position".

So this story seems to me to involve exaggeration, indeed be "sexed up". It makes me wonder to what extent exaggeration might be a factor in the anonymous source's other claim that she spotted a "a girl who seemed to be 14 waiting to see the financier" and the much more serious claims by alleged victims against Epstein's estate and Ghislaine Maxwell and others, especially with the prospect of gaining thousands if not millions of dollars in exchange.
You think a picture of a (male) American (ex-)president in a wierd pose, wearing a dress and red high heels should be politely ignored by the tabloid press ?
I don't see any need for exaggeration and "sexed up" reporting. The plain facts are more than ample in this case. Also, the decription given by the "anonymous" woman seems completely in line with expectations and thus, contrary to your assertion, gives credence to her report about the "14 year old girl"
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 15.08.2019, 21:45
3Wishes's Avatar
Moderately Amused
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bern area
Posts: 11,518
Groaned at 92 Times in 87 Posts
Thanked 20,065 Times in 8,881 Posts
3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jeffrey Epstein found dead in Manhattan’s Metropolitan Correctional Center

Quote:
View Post
You think a picture of a (male) American (ex-)president in a wierd pose, wearing a dress and red high heels should be politely ignored by the tabloid press ?
I don't see any need for exaggeration and "sexed up" reporting. The plain facts are more than ample in this case. Also, the decription given by the "anonymous" woman seems completely in line with expectations and thus, contrary to your assertion, gives credence to her report about the "14 year old girl"
It's not a picture, it's a painting which means it's an artist taking some liberties. It looks like a bad photoshop job. I wonder how much Epstein paid for it.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 15.08.2019, 22:03
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 11,941
Groaned at 618 Times in 523 Posts
Thanked 22,158 Times in 11,628 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jeffrey Epstein found dead in Manhattan’s Metropolitan Correctional Center

I have a painting of Mona Lisa (not the original) but I never met her!
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 15.08.2019, 23:39
cannut's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: canada
Posts: 6,914
Groaned at 182 Times in 142 Posts
Thanked 6,191 Times in 3,404 Posts
cannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jeffrey Epstein found dead in Manhattan’s Metropolitan Correctional Center

Quote:
View Post
I have a painting of Mona Lisa (not the original) but I never met her!
I met lin Moser
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 16.08.2019, 10:26
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Geneva
Posts: 451
Groaned at 62 Times in 38 Posts
Thanked 1,218 Times in 685 Posts
Reb77Br has a reputation beyond reputeReb77Br has a reputation beyond reputeReb77Br has a reputation beyond reputeReb77Br has a reputation beyond reputeReb77Br has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jeffrey Epstein found dead in Manhattan’s Metropolitan Correctional Center

Quote:
View Post
You think a picture of a (male) American (ex-)president in a wierd pose, wearing a dress and red high heels should be politely ignored by the tabloid press ?
I don't see any need for exaggeration and "sexed up" reporting. The plain facts are more than ample in this case. Also, the decription given by the "anonymous" woman seems completely in line with expectations and thus, contrary to your assertion, gives credence to her report about the "14 year old girl"
I'm not talking about the reporting but about the quote from the anonymous source describing the painting (assuming the quote has been reported correctly). Of course, you're free to agree with her that the painting is very provocative and sexual and his hand is in a weird position, but I don't.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 16.08.2019, 11:58
olygirl's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: d' Innerschwiiz
Posts: 7,770
Groaned at 419 Times in 282 Posts
Thanked 18,298 Times in 5,668 Posts
olygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jeffrey Epstein found dead in Manhattan’s Metropolitan Correctional Center

It's a weird painting in creepy Epstein's house. Nothing more or less.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank olygirl for this useful post:
  #79  
Old 16.08.2019, 12:06
me.anon's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: thun
Posts: 2,255
Groaned at 54 Times in 37 Posts
Thanked 2,983 Times in 1,447 Posts
me.anon has a reputation beyond reputeme.anon has a reputation beyond reputeme.anon has a reputation beyond reputeme.anon has a reputation beyond reputeme.anon has a reputation beyond reputeme.anon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jeffrey Epstein found dead in Manhattan’s Metropolitan Correctional Center

Quote:
View Post
I'm not talking about the reporting but about the quote from the anonymous source describing the painting (assuming the quote has been reported correctly). Of course, you're free to agree with her that the painting is very provocative and sexual and his hand is in a weird position, but I don't.
The whole thing is so fundamentally bizarre and aberrant, especially considering the Epstein context, that a someone's struggle to attempt to summarize with a few words would hardly be expected to capture the full weirdness of it all. You are quibbling about the definitions of "sexual" and "provocative". Maybe for some, cross dressing would have sexual connotations.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank me.anon for this useful post:
  #80  
Old 16.08.2019, 13:08
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Geneva
Posts: 451
Groaned at 62 Times in 38 Posts
Thanked 1,218 Times in 685 Posts
Reb77Br has a reputation beyond reputeReb77Br has a reputation beyond reputeReb77Br has a reputation beyond reputeReb77Br has a reputation beyond reputeReb77Br has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jeffrey Epstein found dead in Manhattan’s Metropolitan Correctional Center

Epstein had bizarre painting of Bill Clinton in dress, heels in townhouse

Quote:
“It was hanging up there prominently — as soon as you walked in — in a room to the right,” a source told The Post. “Everybody who saw it laughed and smirked.”
This suggests to me that people interpreted it primarily as a bit of fun, not as something sinister. The source who described it as sexually provocative was seeing it through the prism of the allegations, IMO. The painting (by a woman) is certainly strange but doesn't seem to me to be suggestive of criminal tendencies on the part of Epstein let alone Clinton; at most proof of poor taste in interior decor. If the source had seen a copy of the Mona Lisa on his wall, perhaps she'd have said that it looked like a girl of 14 with a sultry expression on her face.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The dead center of town slammer General off-topic 0 26.01.2016 23:07
Amy Winehouse found dead in flat kevlegs International affairs/politics 167 29.07.2011 16:26
6 climbers found dead in French Alps Louis Wu International affairs/politics 1 26.06.2011 15:10
Dead body found in my garden!!!!! Swiss Cheddar Daily life 6 30.07.2008 11:55


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0