English Forum Switzerland

English Forum Switzerland (https://www.englishforum.ch/forum.php)
-   International affairs/politics (https://www.englishforum.ch/international-affairs-politics/)
-   -   The two most criticised Women today Meghan Markle & Greta Thunberg (https://www.englishforum.ch/international-affairs-politics/296074-two-most-criticised-women-today-meghan-markle-greta-thunberg.html)

John William 10.01.2020 11:13

The two most criticised Women today Meghan Markle & Greta Thunberg
 
Perhaps we should start a new thread where we can all list what we don't like about
Meghan Markle and Greta Thunberg, there we can combine all our thoughts on what
forum posters find most annoying about these two women.

hairybadger 10.01.2020 11:19

Re: The two most criticised Women today Meghan Markle & Greta Thunberg
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by John William (Post 3135864)
Perhaps we should start a new thread where we can all list what we don't like about
Meghan Markle and Greta Thunberg, there we can combine all our thoughts on what
forum posters find most annoying about these two women.

I can't tell if this is satire or serious or trolling :confused:. Either way
MM - nowt
GT - nowt
Boring answer?

Ato 10.01.2020 11:22

Re: The two most criticised Women today Meghan Markle & Greta Thunberg
 
Sure, I hate the following
-Meghan and Harry take up too much news space for non stories.

Otherwise no real gripes.
As for Greta I think she's an excellent figurehead for the future generations and it's refreshing to hear someone so passionate on a world stage. I can't help thinking she should be in school though. It looks as though she's missing a childhood to push for the future of humanity. She also makes me feel moderately guilty for my petrol burning habits.

John William 10.01.2020 11:26

Re: The two most criticised Women today Meghan Markle & Greta Thunberg
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ato (Post 3135868)
I can't help thinking she should be in school though. It looks as though she's missing a childhood

Yes that's the most common criticism about Greta but if push comes to shove, what do you find most
annoying about Meghan, since marrying Harry and becoming a royal ?

bigblue2 10.01.2020 11:27

Re: The two most criticised Women today Meghan Markle & Greta Thunberg
 
leave them all alone, get on with your own lives

Guest 10.01.2020 11:27

Re: The two most criticised Women today Meghan Markle & Greta Thunberg
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by John William (Post 3135871)
Yes that's the most common criticism about Greta but if push comes to shove, what do you find most
annoying about Meghan, since she married Harry and became a royal ?

You started the topic, so feel free to start the list.

I find OP's who want opinions from others without stating their own much more irritating than those two woman.

Guest 10.01.2020 11:31

Re: The two most criticised Women today Meghan Markle & Greta Thunberg
 
Both easy targets for the world's gossip media? Generates tons of clicks and incandescent fury?

MM has stuck two fingers up at it.

GT handles it like a boss.

Ato 10.01.2020 11:31

Re: The two most criticised Women today Meghan Markle & Greta Thunberg
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by John William (Post 3135871)
Yes that's the most common criticism about Greta but if push comes to shove, what do you find most
annoying about Meghan, since marrying Harry and becoming a royal ?

I will honestly say I don't care enough about the royal family to form an opinion, I never watched suits either so her pre royal existance is also a blank to me. So I didn't know who she was beforehand and I've not bothered to find out since.
I would criticise the media for constantly trying to give people every detail of their "private" lives in whatever light they see fit for the day, usually negatively.

John William 10.01.2020 11:31

Re: The two most criticised Women today Meghan Markle & Greta Thunberg
 
Quote:

You started the topic, so feel free to start the list.

I find OP's who want opinions from others without stating their own much more irritating than those two woman.
No I find the media more irritating myself particularly when they keep harping on & on about the two
women in question - hence the new thread.

As for OP's starting it off - omtatsat has the honour of being the first to start the debate ( on the
Greta criticism side )

Axa 10.01.2020 11:44

Re: The two most criticised Women today Meghan Markle & Greta Thunberg
 
I don't find them irritating at all.

Megan Markle is some kind of a fun troll when people starts to get upset because someone only cares about self interests and forgoes important duties for the greater good. Totally unrelated to Brexit, right? :D

If Greta Thunberg truly shames people into driving less, what's the downside of less congested roads?. Maybe even cheaper fuel prices due to lower demand. She has all my support even if I don't agree with the spirit of her ideas.

So, Megan is fun and Greta's work may have unintended benefits for hubraum lovers, what's not to like?

aSwissInTheUS 10.01.2020 11:44

Re: The two most criticised Women today Meghan Markle & Greta Thunberg
 
I really couldn't care less what Mr. Mountbatton-Windsor & Mrs. Markle do as a family. And honestly it has naught impact on the lives of nearly everyone except the Grandmother of Mr. Mountbatton-Windsor which seams to have some person issue with it.

For Miss Thunberg. I might could care a bit less. But she is right when she says: "You are failing us. But the young people are starting to understand your betrayal. The eyes of all future generations are upon you. And if you choose to fail us, I say: We will never forgive you."

https://www.npr.org/2019/09/23/76345...-action-summit

Guest 10.01.2020 11:49

Re: The two most criticised Women today Meghan Markle & Greta Thunberg
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by John William (Post 3135879)
No I find the media more irritating myself particularly when they keep harping on & on about the two
women in question - hence the new thread.

As for OP's starting it off - omtatsat has the honour of being the first to start the debate ( on the
Greta criticism side )

You start a topic on a media platform to gather attention/hatred/criticism towards two woman because you feel that media shows to much attention/hatred/criticism towards these two woman?

Am I correct?

k_and_e 10.01.2020 12:07

Re: The two most criticised Women today Meghan Markle & Greta Thunberg
 
What I do like about MM and GT is that both don't start such threads on a forum and actually have a life.

Chuff 10.01.2020 12:40

Re: The two most criticised Women today Meghan Markle & Greta Thunberg
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by John William (Post 3135879)
No I find the media more irritating myself particularly when they keep harping on & on about the two
women in question - hence the new thread.

As for OP's starting it off - omtatsat has the honour of being the first to start the debate ( on the
Greta criticism side )

So basically to summarize you find negative media coverage of them shitty, so have started a shitty thread for people to complain about them. Yeah ok, makes perfect sense.

John William 10.01.2020 13:01

Re: The two most criticised Women today Meghan Markle & Greta Thunberg
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuff (Post 3135909)
So basically to summarize you find negative media coverage of them shitty, so have started a shitty thread for people to complain about them. Yeah ok, makes perfect sense.

Yes about the only good thing I can say about all the media ( lets be honest now British Press and
TV ) coverage is that it drives Brexit off the front page of the newspapers and TV news headlines.

omtatsat 10.01.2020 14:08

Re: The two most criticised Women today Meghan Markle & Greta Thunberg
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by John William (Post 3135864)
Perhaps we should start a new thread where we can all list what we don't like about
Meghan Markle and Greta Thunberg, there we can combine all our thoughts on what
forum posters find most annoying about these two women.

But she's so hot!

amogles 10.01.2020 14:26

Re: The two most criticised Women today Meghan Markle & Greta Thunberg
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Axa (Post 3135882)
I don't find them irritating at all.

Megan Markle is some kind of a fun troll when people starts to get upset because someone only cares about self interests and forgoes important duties for the greater good. Totally unrelated to Brexit, right? :D

If Greta Thunberg truly shames people into driving less, what's the downside of less congested roads?. Maybe even cheaper fuel prices due to lower demand. She has all my support even if I don't agree with the spirit of her ideas.

So, Megan is fun and Greta's work may have unintended benefits for hubraum lovers, what's not to like?

Greta may be annoying because she stands for a message that is possibly oversimplified and she appeals to a cult following who live in a dichotomic world (although from seeing interviews and things I guess she herself is smarter than that).

Megan is annoying because she is the opposite and doesn't stand for very much at all but still has a cult following. She too, I believe, is smarter than she lets on.

st2lemans 10.01.2020 14:27

Re: The two most criticised Women today Meghan Markle & Greta Thunberg
 
They are both spoilt children. ;)

Beyond that? :confused:

Tom

Guest 10.01.2020 14:29

Re: The two most criticised Women today Meghan Markle & Greta Thunberg
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by amogles (Post 3135963)
Greta may be annoying because she stands for a message that is possibly oversimplified and she appeals to a cult following who live in a dichotomic world (although from seeing interviews and things I guess she herself is smarter than that).

You could easily substitute "Trump" into that sentence (maybe without the bracketed bit at the end, though). What a weird world of unexpected parallels we live in. :eek:

amogles 10.01.2020 14:34

Re: The two most criticised Women today Meghan Markle & Greta Thunberg
 
Quote:

You could easily substitute "Trump" into that sentence (maybe without the bracketed bit at the end, though). What a weird world of unexpected parallels we live in. :eek:
Well, Greta is trying to be a sort of anti-Trump. So maybe it's intentional?

Neither of them care much for their own education either. :)


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 18:38.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0