Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Off-Topic > Off-Topic > International affairs/politics  
View Poll Results: Who will win the US election?
Trump/Pence 11 52.38%
Biden/Harris 10 47.62%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #3201  
Old 09.12.2020, 19:48
komsomolez's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ausserschwyz
Posts: 978
Groaned at 29 Times in 26 Posts
Thanked 1,859 Times in 714 Posts
komsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Trump or Biden .Who you got?

Quote:
View Post
Missouri and Louisiana join the election court case of Texas in the Supreme Court.
George Conway: This is the most insane thing yet

Attorney George Conway reacts to Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton seeking to block election results by asking the Supreme Court to take up a lawsuit against Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin arguing that the battleground states exploited the Covid-19 pandemic to justify ignoring federal and state election laws.

https://us.cnn.com/videos/politics/2...d-lead-vpx.cnn
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank komsomolez for this useful post:
  #3202  
Old 09.12.2020, 21:18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 314
Groaned at 24 Times in 18 Posts
Thanked 692 Times in 345 Posts
leonie has a reputation beyond reputeleonie has a reputation beyond reputeleonie has a reputation beyond reputeleonie has a reputation beyond reputeleonie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Trump or Biden .Who you got?

Quote:
View Post
George Conway: This is the most insane thing yet

Attorney George Conway reacts to Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton seeking to block election results by asking the Supreme Court to take up a lawsuit against Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin arguing that the battleground states exploited the Covid-19 pandemic to justify ignoring federal and state election laws.

https://us.cnn.com/videos/politics/2...d-lead-vpx.cnn
Seems like some other states are joining... Arkansas, Alabama. What is happening? Trump said he is joining the case too, of course.
Reply With Quote
  #3203  
Old 09.12.2020, 21:32
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Basel
Posts: 130
Groaned at 50 Times in 24 Posts
Thanked 147 Times in 87 Posts
BoredToDeath has become a little unpopularBoredToDeath has become a little unpopular
Re: Trump or Biden .Who you got?

Quote:
View Post
George Conway: This is the most insane thing yet

Attorney George Conway reacts to Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton seeking to block election results by asking the Supreme Court to take up a lawsuit against Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin arguing that the battleground states exploited the Covid-19 pandemic to justify ignoring federal and state election laws.
I get all my Trump news from this man:

Last edited by BoredToDeath; 09.12.2020 at 21:46.
Reply With Quote
  #3204  
Old 09.12.2020, 21:50
komsomolez's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ausserschwyz
Posts: 978
Groaned at 29 Times in 26 Posts
Thanked 1,859 Times in 714 Posts
komsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Trump or Biden .Who you got?

Quote:
View Post
I get all my Trump news from this man:
First, this was not news, but an opinion piece.

Second, the guy is a co-founder of the Lincoln Project who are ex-Republicans who left because of Trump and launched in my view a very effective and thoughtful campaign against him. How they are still married, I don't know.

Let's hear your educated opinion on this laughable attempt by TX etc. then.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank komsomolez for this useful post:
  #3205  
Old 09.12.2020, 21:52
komsomolez's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ausserschwyz
Posts: 978
Groaned at 29 Times in 26 Posts
Thanked 1,859 Times in 714 Posts
komsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Trump or Biden .Who you got?

Quote:
View Post
Seems like some other states are joining... Arkansas, Alabama. What is happening? Trump said he is joining the case too, of course.
Nut jobs. Large parts of the GOP are a cult. It is so bad, it makes you want GWB back.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank komsomolez for this useful post:
  #3206  
Old 09.12.2020, 22:05
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Basel
Posts: 130
Groaned at 50 Times in 24 Posts
Thanked 147 Times in 87 Posts
BoredToDeath has become a little unpopularBoredToDeath has become a little unpopular
Re: Trump or Biden .Who you got?

Quote:
View Post
First, this was not news, but an opinion piece.

Second, the guy is a co-founder of the Lincoln Project who are ex-Republicans who left because of Trump and launched in my view a very effective and thoughtful campaign against him. How they are still married, I don't know.

Let's hear your educated opinion on this laughable attempt by TX etc. then.
Lol, difference without distinction. Every news from TDS crowd is an opinion.
I hope his special project finally lands him a real TV job he so desires.
Although chances they don't need another one of this:
https://granitegrok.com/wp-content/u...r-1536x864.jpg

Last edited by 3Wishes; 09.12.2020 at 22:32. Reason: changed huge image to link
Reply With Quote
  #3207  
Old 09.12.2020, 22:07
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Kt Zurich
Posts: 523
Groaned at 19 Times in 13 Posts
Thanked 1,833 Times in 655 Posts
ennui has a reputation beyond reputeennui has a reputation beyond reputeennui has a reputation beyond reputeennui has a reputation beyond reputeennui has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Trump or Biden .Who you got?

Quote:
View Post
First, this was not news, but an opinion piece.

Second, the guy is a co-founder of the Lincoln Project who are ex-Republicans who left because of Trump and launched in my view a very effective and thoughtful campaign against him. How they are still married, I don't know.

Let's hear your educated opinion on this laughable attempt by TX etc. then.
Actually, these guys are still Republicans, just not Trumpsters.
Reply With Quote
  #3208  
Old 09.12.2020, 22:08
komsomolez's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ausserschwyz
Posts: 978
Groaned at 29 Times in 26 Posts
Thanked 1,859 Times in 714 Posts
komsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Trump or Biden .Who you got?

So nothing on substance.
Reply With Quote
  #3209  
Old 09.12.2020, 22:10
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Basel
Posts: 130
Groaned at 50 Times in 24 Posts
Thanked 147 Times in 87 Posts
BoredToDeath has become a little unpopularBoredToDeath has become a little unpopular
Re: Trump or Biden .Who you got?

Quote:
View Post
So nothing on substance.
Considering your sources. No.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank BoredToDeath for this useful post:
  #3210  
Old 09.12.2020, 22:16
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 9,745
Groaned at 429 Times in 370 Posts
Thanked 17,807 Times in 9,506 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Trump or Biden .Who you got?

Quote:
View Post
I get all my Trump news from this man:
The one in the red dress who is in the centre of the picture?
Or one of those in the background?
Reply With Quote
  #3211  
Old 09.12.2020, 22:36
Sonnenbrand's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Small Farm
Posts: 192
Groaned at 11 Times in 7 Posts
Thanked 181 Times in 90 Posts
Sonnenbrand has earned the respect of manySonnenbrand has earned the respect of manySonnenbrand has earned the respect of many
Re: Trump or Biden .Who you got?

Common sense would say if Trump's children that were employed with lucrative positions at the White House are moving away and purchasing new multi-million dollar properties than the gig is over.

Trump is all money grab at this point since clearly losing the election. Its astounding how many fools continue to support the belief.
Reply With Quote
This user groans at Sonnenbrand for this post:
  #3212  
Old 10.12.2020, 00:15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 314
Groaned at 24 Times in 18 Posts
Thanked 692 Times in 345 Posts
leonie has a reputation beyond reputeleonie has a reputation beyond reputeleonie has a reputation beyond reputeleonie has a reputation beyond reputeleonie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Trump or Biden .Who you got?

States of Missouri, Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, and West Virginia have now joined the Texas election case.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank leonie for this useful post:
  #3213  
Old 10.12.2020, 00:51
Sonnenbrand's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Small Farm
Posts: 192
Groaned at 11 Times in 7 Posts
Thanked 181 Times in 90 Posts
Sonnenbrand has earned the respect of manySonnenbrand has earned the respect of manySonnenbrand has earned the respect of many
Re: Trump or Biden .Who you got?

Trump lost the election. His legal team has lost over 20+ of his recent lawsuits in the last month that did not provide a shred of evidence.

It's all a money grab for him and his family at this point. Anyone who buys into the media hype of Trump still has any power of influence is foolish. Trump and his family will be hanging by the floss in their teeth to avoid jail time in the future.

Texas, Smexas... other states, which are on a state-level can't join a Texas lawsuit of? Individual states have already decided on their outcomes. It's simply more smoke and mirrors in an attempt to get a bunch of suckers to keep throwing into Trump's pot of debt.

https://people.com/politics/ivanka-t...each-property/

Here is how Trump's children spend some of the "donations!" that legally claim most of it does not go anywhere other than the Trump family pocketbook.
Reply With Quote
  #3214  
Old 10.12.2020, 01:51
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Basel
Posts: 130
Groaned at 50 Times in 24 Posts
Thanked 147 Times in 87 Posts
BoredToDeath has become a little unpopularBoredToDeath has become a little unpopular
Re: Trump or Biden .Who you got?

Quote:
View Post
Trump lost the election. His legal team has lost over 20+ of his recent lawsuits in the last month that did not provide a shred of evidence.

It's all a money grab for him and his family at this point. Anyone who buys into the media hype of Trump still has any power of influence is foolish. Trump and his family will be hanging by the floss in their teeth to avoid jail time in the future.

Texas, Smexas... other states, which are on a state-level can't join a Texas lawsuit of? Individual states have already decided on their outcomes. It's simply more smoke and mirrors in an attempt to get a bunch of suckers to keep throwing into Trump's pot of debt.

https://people.com/politics/ivanka-t...each-property/

Here is how Trump's children spend some of the "donations!" that legally claim most of it does not go anywhere other than the Trump family pocketbook.
''Depend FIT-FLEX for Women in Maximum Absorbency is available in four sizes - size small (24-30 inch waist), size medium (31-37 inch waist), size large (38-44 inch waist) and size extra-large (45-64 inch waist). Are you new to Depend? Start with Depend for Women in moderate absorbency.''
https://diaper-sizes.org/adult-diapers/
Reply With Quote
This user groans at BoredToDeath for this post:
  #3215  
Old 10.12.2020, 02:17
Sonnenbrand's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Small Farm
Posts: 192
Groaned at 11 Times in 7 Posts
Thanked 181 Times in 90 Posts
Sonnenbrand has earned the respect of manySonnenbrand has earned the respect of manySonnenbrand has earned the respect of many
Re: Trump or Biden .Who you got?

shaking head -- nonsense -- seems many of the new 2020 members that comment on political affairs; that are not based in Switzerland, have strong opinions about the American election process without any substance.

It appears that BoredToDeath knows all about adult diapers because that's what's in his or her's shopping cart most of the time. Maybe BoredToDeath was apart of Trump's protection team that has said a few times that Trump shits himself and part of their job was to wipe his...
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Sonnenbrand for this useful post:
  #3216  
Old 10.12.2020, 08:57
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 314
Groaned at 24 Times in 18 Posts
Thanked 692 Times in 345 Posts
leonie has a reputation beyond reputeleonie has a reputation beyond reputeleonie has a reputation beyond reputeleonie has a reputation beyond reputeleonie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Trump or Biden .Who you got?

Quote:
View Post
States of Missouri, Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, and West Virginia have now joined the Texas election case.
+ Arizona now

This is one thing when Trump and his lawyers go around making dozens of lawsuits and get thrown out from every court. But now a third of the US states go to the Supreme Court protesting the fraudulent elections. I wonder if the Supreme Court will pay attention to this.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank leonie for this useful post:
  #3217  
Old 10.12.2020, 09:02
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CH
Posts: 9,760
Groaned at 330 Times in 270 Posts
Thanked 14,131 Times in 7,282 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Trump or Biden .Who you got?

Quote:
View Post
+ Arizona now

This is one thing when Trump and his lawyers go around making dozens of lawsuits and get thrown out from every court. But now a third of the US states go to the Supreme Court protesting the fraudulent elections. I wonder if the Supreme Court will pay attention to this.
Trump should have done like Putin - make himself president for life. Just to be sure the courts of law are always working in his favour.

What a mistake, really.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank greenmount for this useful post:
  #3218  
Old 10.12.2020, 09:04
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 12,707
Groaned at 1,063 Times in 733 Posts
Thanked 18,085 Times in 7,039 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Trump or Biden .Who you got?

I'm 90% sure that the election is now fully over and the results are gospel. A lot of work will now be done behind the scenes, while Trump continues with his parade, to ensure that he will be out of power on the required date. I also very sure that the army and secret services will be supporting Biden.

Trumps legacy will ultimately be a deep scar on the national psyche and an ongoing distrust of the establishment from the unwashed and uneducated masses. Biden will need to be able to really improve quality of life for people in a noticeable way to reverse the damage that Trump has done.

Biden is very likely going to be a single term president even if only due to his age, so the Democrats need to do whatever they can to make sure they also take the next election and avoid an unravelling of all they have done.
Reply With Quote
This user groans at Chuff for this post:
  #3219  
Old 10.12.2020, 09:11
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Nyon
Posts: 3,797
Groaned at 178 Times in 133 Posts
Thanked 5,026 Times in 2,386 Posts
bowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Trump or Biden .Who you got?

Are any of these states Democratic ? I suspect the Supremes will see this case no different as no compelling (or otherwise) evidence is being presented.

Another one line rejection accompanied by a one finger salute.
Reply With Quote
  #3220  
Old 10.12.2020, 09:21
gaburko's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: BL
Posts: 995
Groaned at 158 Times in 106 Posts
Thanked 2,620 Times in 970 Posts
gaburko has a reputation beyond reputegaburko has a reputation beyond reputegaburko has a reputation beyond reputegaburko has a reputation beyond reputegaburko has a reputation beyond reputegaburko has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Trump or Biden .Who you got?

Quote:
View Post
Are any of these states Democratic ? I suspect the Supremes will see this case no different as no compelling (or otherwise) evidence is being presented.

Another one line rejection accompanied by a one finger salute.
I don't really think that even Trump himself believes he would have won any of these court cases. He ain't stupid. As said earlier, his game is to tarnish the election in the minds of his flock...er...voters so he can project himself as the legitimate winner from whom the election was stolen. This positions him to announce that he'll run for President in 2024 and he'll probably announce it on inauguration day.

For me as an outsider and with no vested interests the much more interesting question is if and how will the GOP try to distance itself from Trump as he is now seriously threatening the legitimacy of the party while at the same time the Trump brand is much stronger than the GOP brand.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank gaburko for this useful post:
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 8 (0 members and 8 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How will Trump Presidency End? Jim2007 International affairs/politics 58 11.01.2021 21:38
New: Trump Jokes Ardneham Jokes/funnies 13 31.12.2020 16:10
Will Trump get reelected robBob International affairs/politics 129 02.03.2020 22:15
The New Trump Tax Cuts ToothCentral International affairs/politics 11 05.04.2017 23:14
Will Trump be the next US President? Phil_MCR International affairs/politics 2618 14.11.2016 12:16


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 19:55.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0