Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Off-Topic > Off-Topic > International affairs/politics  
View Poll Results: Will Biden be a good president
Yes 40 50.63%
No 14 17.72%
He won't live long enough to determine either way 14 17.72%
Define "good" 20 25.32%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #401  
Old 01.02.2021, 03:36
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Will Biden be a good President?

Quote:
View Post
But then the average age was 19. Or 22.
22, apparently. Paul Hardcastle got it wrong.

The average age of Americans killed in Vietnam was 23.1.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank for this useful post:
  #402  
Old 01.02.2021, 16:58
California Dreamer's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Zurich
Posts: 1,082
Groaned at 176 Times in 92 Posts
Thanked 1,202 Times in 617 Posts
California Dreamer has annoyed a few people around hereCalifornia Dreamer has annoyed a few people around here
Re: Will Biden be a good President?

So we are still talking about Trump, instead of Biden. Even though Biden has appointed a black supremacist to the DoJ and also cancelled womans sports. If Trump did this we would be 20 pages deep already.
Reply With Quote
This user groans at California Dreamer for this post:
  #403  
Old 01.02.2021, 17:10
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Will Biden be a good President?

Quote:
View Post
So we are still talking about Trump, instead of Biden. Even though Biden has appointed a black supremacist to the DoJ and also cancelled womans sports. If Trump did this we would be 20 pages deep already.
I love reading your science fiction stories. Who's the black supremacist in your DoJ saga? Please tell me it's Merrick Garland. He's really well known for lynching them po' whites.

And I love the idea that women's sports have been "cancelled" because Biden opposes discrimination on the grounds of gender identity. Yes, that's definitely his intention, and certainly what will happen: every softball team, every netball team, every game of field hockey in the country is now cancelled, unless there are boys playing, of course. But presumably not with transgender boys, though. Come to think of it, I guess ALL sport is now cancelled, as there could be transgender males wanting to play in men's teams, too!

Who do you turn to for your news? It's getting harder and harder to find Alex Jones but you're managing, somehow!
Reply With Quote
The following 5 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #404  
Old 01.02.2021, 18:20
Jim2007's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kt. Bern
Posts: 4,787
Groaned at 248 Times in 197 Posts
Thanked 7,869 Times in 3,471 Posts
Jim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Biden be a good President?

Quote:
View Post
So we are still talking about Trump, instead of Biden. Even though Biden has appointed a black supremacist to the DoJ and also cancelled womans sports. If Trump did this we would be 20 pages deep already.

Total nonsense as usual. Trump needs to be held to account and we will not allow little old you to brush it under the carpet that easily. Clearly you have have respect for democracy nor love of your country.
Reply With Quote
This user groans at Jim2007 for this post:
  #405  
Old 01.02.2021, 18:58
3Wishes's Avatar
Moderately Amused
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bern area
Posts: 11,354
Groaned at 90 Times in 86 Posts
Thanked 19,675 Times in 8,704 Posts
3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Biden be a good President?

Quote:
View Post
So you bought a new car?
He bought a Qashqai, don't you know?
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank 3Wishes for this useful post:
  #406  
Old 01.02.2021, 19:01
MusicChick's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: La Cote
Posts: 17,488
Groaned at 414 Times in 275 Posts
Thanked 20,428 Times in 10,577 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Biden be a good President?

Quote:
View Post
So we are still talking about Trump, instead of Biden.
It is rather funny.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank MusicChick for this useful post:
  #407  
Old 01.02.2021, 20:35
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 8,649
Groaned at 314 Times in 241 Posts
Thanked 19,859 Times in 6,923 Posts
k_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Biden be a good President?

Biden is so invisible that you can't even make fun of him
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank k_and_e for this useful post:
  #408  
Old 01.02.2021, 20:41
komsomolez's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SZ
Posts: 2,808
Groaned at 193 Times in 126 Posts
Thanked 5,196 Times in 2,101 Posts
komsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Biden be a good President?

Quote:
View Post
Biden is so invisible that you can't even make fun of him
Biden's schedule might actually be what Trump's always pretended: "Many meetings and phone calls".
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank komsomolez for this useful post:
  #409  
Old 01.02.2021, 20:44
MusicChick's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: La Cote
Posts: 17,488
Groaned at 414 Times in 275 Posts
Thanked 20,428 Times in 10,577 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Biden be a good President?

Quote:
View Post
Biden is so invisible that you can't even make fun of him
Trump is still occupying a lot of space, despite his thread gotten closed, he creeps into Biden's playground.

We can make fun of others

Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank MusicChick for this useful post:
  #410  
Old 01.02.2021, 21:02
TonyClifton's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Hopefully soon to be Aargau
Posts: 1,877
Groaned at 722 Times in 402 Posts
Thanked 4,361 Times in 1,879 Posts
TonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Biden be a good President?

Quote:
View Post
Total nonsense as usual. Trump needs to be held to account and we will not allow little old you to brush it under the carpet that easily. Clearly you have have respect for democracy nor love of your country.
When President Trump gets acquitted by the Senate, will he have been sufficiently held to account?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank TonyClifton for this useful post:
  #411  
Old 01.02.2021, 21:44
3Wishes's Avatar
Moderately Amused
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bern area
Posts: 11,354
Groaned at 90 Times in 86 Posts
Thanked 19,675 Times in 8,704 Posts
3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Biden be a good President?

Quote:
View Post
When President Trump gets acquitted by the Senate, will he have been sufficiently held to account?
No, because most Rs know he should be convicted and barred from holding office in the future but they are too scared to vote that way.

Last edited by 3Wishes; 01.02.2021 at 21:53. Reason: removed random extra word
Reply With Quote
The following 6 users would like to thank 3Wishes for this useful post:
This user groans at 3Wishes for this post:
  #412  
Old 01.02.2021, 21:49
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 8,649
Groaned at 314 Times in 241 Posts
Thanked 19,859 Times in 6,923 Posts
k_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Biden be a good President?

Quote:
View Post
Biden's schedule might actually be what Trump's always pretended: "Many meetings and phone calls".
Perhaps his 100 day plan consisted only of these 18 executive orders that he signed on day one and he's taking a break now?
Reply With Quote
  #413  
Old 01.02.2021, 22:09
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 11,630
Groaned at 580 Times in 488 Posts
Thanked 20,936 Times in 11,000 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Biden be a good President?

Quote:
View Post
Perhaps his 100 day plan consisted only of these 18 executive orders that he signed on day one and he's taking a break now?
Biden enacted 25 executive orders, 10 presidential memos, and four proclamations within his first 12 days in office.
Reply With Quote
  #414  
Old 01.02.2021, 23:50
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Here
Posts: 512
Groaned at 59 Times in 49 Posts
Thanked 1,470 Times in 523 Posts
RufusB has a reputation beyond reputeRufusB has a reputation beyond reputeRufusB has a reputation beyond reputeRufusB has a reputation beyond reputeRufusB has a reputation beyond reputeRufusB has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Biden be a good President?

Quote:

And I love the idea that women's sports have been "cancelled" because Biden opposes discrimination on the grounds of gender identity. Yes, that's definitely his intention, and certainly what will happen: every softball team, every netball team, every game of field hockey in the country is now cancelled, unless there are boys playing, of course. But presumably not with transgender boys, though. Come to think of it, I guess ALL sport is now cancelled, as there could be transgender males wanting to play in men's teams, too!

Gender identity is not the same as sex. It's the thin end of the wedge. To be fair, male bodied athletes who self ID as women in order to compete in women's events is a travesty. Those men may not have been contenders when competing against men but on the whole have a physical advantage over women.

Fallon Fox broke a (female) opponent's skull. And gloated.
Rachel McKinnon- cycling
Laurel Hubbard - weightlifting

Female teen athletes in the US are losing out on university scholarships to transwomen.

I don't think there is a corresponding number of transmen in similar situations.
It's an issue of taking over women's spaces because suddenly these transwomen have more rights - and want more rights - than women.

And this isn't misandry. Or a victim mentality. Some - not all - some TW seem to view women only spaces as the ultimate target. Rape crisis centres, women only wards, women only changing rooms. The word "women" has been erased from some services and replaced with "people with a cervix". It's both ludicrous and appalling.
Reply With Quote
  #415  
Old 01.02.2021, 23:55
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Will Biden be a good President?

Quote:
View Post
Perhaps his 100 day plan consisted only of these 18 executive orders that he signed on day one and he's taking a break now?
I doubt it. And I bet he's already way behind Trump on number of days spent golfing. Loser. I just can't get enough of Trump winning all the time!
Reply With Quote
  #416  
Old 02.02.2021, 01:29
Jim2007's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kt. Bern
Posts: 4,787
Groaned at 248 Times in 197 Posts
Thanked 7,869 Times in 3,471 Posts
Jim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Biden be a good President?

Quote:
View Post
When President Trump gets acquitted by the Senate, will he have been sufficiently held to account?
No that just to force the Republicans to demonstrate their contempt for democracy. And then we’ll see what the voters will do.
Reply With Quote
  #417  
Old 02.02.2021, 05:14
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Will Biden be a good President?

Quote:
View Post
Gender identity is not the same as sex. It's the thin end of the wedge. To be fair, male bodied athletes who self ID as women in order to compete in women's events is a travesty. Those men may not have been contenders when competing against men but on the whole have a physical advantage over women.

Fallon Fox broke a (female) opponent's skull. And gloated.
Rachel McKinnon- cycling
Laurel Hubbard - weightlifting

Female teen athletes in the US are losing out on university scholarships to transwomen.

I don't think there is a corresponding number of transmen in similar situations.
It's an issue of taking over women's spaces because suddenly these transwomen have more rights - and want more rights - than women.

And this isn't misandry. Or a victim mentality. Some - not all - some TW seem to view women only spaces as the ultimate target. Rape crisis centres, women only wards, women only changing rooms. The word "women" has been erased from some services and replaced with "people with a cervix". It's both ludicrous and appalling.
I understand and agree with all that. The honestly not exactly common issue of trans women competing against "people with a cervix" needs to be dealt with, and indeed is at higher levels of sport, with requirements like minium periods of feminising hornone treatment in order to level the playing field.

The purpose of my post was to ridicule California Dreamer's ludicrous assertion that Biden had "cancelled womans (sic) sports". Also, I'm still waiting to hear about the black supremacist at the DoJ.

Last edited by Guest; 02.02.2021 at 12:06. Reason: Typo
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank for this useful post:
  #418  
Old 02.02.2021, 09:47
TonyClifton's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Hopefully soon to be Aargau
Posts: 1,877
Groaned at 722 Times in 402 Posts
Thanked 4,361 Times in 1,879 Posts
TonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Biden be a good President?

Quote:
View Post
No, because most Rs know he should be convicted and barred from holding office in the future but they are too scared to vote that way.
Too scared to vote won't change the outcome though. Donald Trump will be able to say he has been absolved of any wrong doing. This is why I said from the outset it was a politically naïve move to impeach.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank TonyClifton for this useful post:
  #419  
Old 02.02.2021, 09:59
Talk to you later's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: ZH
Posts: 1,563
Groaned at 71 Times in 37 Posts
Thanked 2,923 Times in 1,058 Posts
Talk to you later has a reputation beyond reputeTalk to you later has a reputation beyond reputeTalk to you later has a reputation beyond reputeTalk to you later has a reputation beyond reputeTalk to you later has a reputation beyond reputeTalk to you later has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Biden be a good President?

Quote:
need stop be dealt with, and indeed is at higher levels of sport, with requirements like minium periods of feminising hornone treatment in order to level the playing field.

Minimum period of feminizing hormones still won't level the playing field Someone born male will have significant physical advantages even after going on female hormones for years.

Higher level of sports? What about lower level? At any level in my book it is not ok for example a woman to get her ass kicked by a male. Sorry the only sex that will suffer here is the female sex!

Actually this subject is so fascinating that a separate thread is required Btw as a heathen I am not coming at this topic from a religious nut POV. All this is simple science/Biology, I don't know why people let political correctness overrule common sense

I am all for creating a transgender category or open category for everyone, but I am not ok with transgender(male to female) competing as women against biological women.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank Talk to you later for this useful post:
  #420  
Old 02.02.2021, 11:18
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 11,630
Groaned at 580 Times in 488 Posts
Thanked 20,936 Times in 11,000 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Biden be a good President?

OK, I know this is not directly about Biden, so!

Quote:
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell desperately trying to return the GOP to normality has released a pointed statement calling looney lies and conspiracy theories that have been espoused by freshman lawmaker Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) a "cancer for the Republican Party.
While McConnell did not name Greene directly, his statement stands as a scathing rebuke of the freshman Republican House member.
Quote:
In a separate statement, he expressed support for Republican Rep. Liz Cheney's vote to impeach President Donald Trump as some Trump loyalists seek to remove her from leadership.
"Liz Cheney is a leader with deep convictions and the courage to act on them," McConnell said.
I assume McConnell hates Trump for losing the Senate and for changing his GOP into a party driven by lies and weird theories so far from its original course.
My key question is will the GOP tear itself apart or will fear of Trump hold them together, as often posted before; "you could not make this stuff up".
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank marton for this useful post:
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trump or Biden .Who you got? Mr. International affairs/politics 4180 20.01.2021 18:49
Will Trump be a Good President? Phil_MCR International affairs/politics 24697 20.01.2021 18:38
Has Trump been a good President? Guest International affairs/politics 61 04.11.2018 12:36
Will Pence be a good President? Guest International affairs/politics 9 22.08.2018 14:56
Mr. President Temer gave a good parcel of Amazonia area to mining industries umakemefeelbrandnew International affairs/politics 7 13.10.2017 00:28


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 15:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0