Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Off-Topic > Off-Topic > International affairs/politics  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #181  
Old 29.06.2021, 11:45
Tom1234's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Kanton Luzern
Posts: 17,301
Groaned at 674 Times in 522 Posts
Thanked 26,309 Times in 10,608 Posts
Tom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Men are simply better at everything?

Quote:
View Post
I don’t know, I couldn’t be bothered to read all the bickering so skimmed most of the posts.
That's a fair comment.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Tom1234 for this useful post:
  #182  
Old 29.06.2021, 13:01
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SG
Posts: 10,017
Groaned at 579 Times in 419 Posts
Thanked 13,462 Times in 6,997 Posts
Urs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Men are simply better at everything?

Quote:
View Post
It's also odd how (as a generalization) many men just look on the current Trans debate with bemusement, but it's women who have to fight their corner as they're the ones impacted the most by it.
Maybe women should come out more when it comes to pushing back that toxic ideology called feminism, rather than look on with bemusement or even welcome it. Maybe having gotten support there would motivate men to return the favor.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Urs Max for this useful post:
This user groans at Urs Max for this post:
  #183  
Old 29.06.2021, 13:13
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SG
Posts: 10,017
Groaned at 579 Times in 419 Posts
Thanked 13,462 Times in 6,997 Posts
Urs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Men are simply better at everything?

Quote:
View Post
Now it seems girls won't be able to blame the transgender women for poor results.

Even if (I think) I am in favour of separate competitions, I never understood why some folks here believe that once a "male" has entered a competition all is doomed, girls don't stand a chance.

Btw, many if not all relevant women tennis players train with males these days.
If that "some folks" is actually intended to mean "Urs Max" you're wrong.

Training with athletes who are better than you is obviously helpful when it comes to improving, so it would be no surprise if they did. But they won't train #100 with #100, it'll be something like a top ten woman training with the male #500 or #1000, and probably for a nice pay.
Reply With Quote
  #184  
Old 29.06.2021, 13:23
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Swiss Confederation
Posts: 11,501
Groaned at 409 Times in 335 Posts
Thanked 17,648 Times in 8,925 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Men are simply better at everything?

Quote:
View Post
If that "some folks" is actually intended to mean "Urs Max"
.
Absolutely not. I just quoted your post. Will not do it again.

Quote:
View Post
I don’t know, I couldn’t be bothered to read all the bickering so skimmed most of the posts.
You probably didn't lose much.
Reply With Quote
  #185  
Old 29.06.2021, 13:40
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2021
Location: transcended.
Posts: 126
Groaned at 150 Times in 75 Posts
Thanked 607 Times in 226 Posts
vushka has earned the respect of manyvushka has earned the respect of manyvushka has earned the respect of many
Re: Men are simply better at everything?

Quote:
View Post
As someone who has no issues with treating transgender people with respect, with pronouns of their choosing, who doesn't mind what bathroom they use, I still think the idea you can go through puberty as a male and compete in women's professional sports bizarre. E.g. in basketball - the extra 5 or 6 inches gained as a result of male puberty is clearly a huge, huge advantage.
Quote:
View Post
Does anyone on this thread actually disagree with that?
I disagree with the part about not minding which bathrooms transgender people use. Shouldn't be around children.
Reply With Quote
  #186  
Old 29.06.2021, 13:46
MusicChick's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: La Cote
Posts: 17,488
Groaned at 414 Times in 275 Posts
Thanked 20,435 Times in 10,578 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Men are simply better at everything?

Quote:
View Post
I disagree with the part about not minding which bathrooms transgender people use. Shouldn't be around children.
I used some gender neutral toilets. I was wondering why there were no urinals there.
Reply With Quote
  #187  
Old 29.06.2021, 13:53
Belgianmum's Avatar
Roastbeef & Yorkshire mod
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Neuchâtel
Posts: 14,136
Groaned at 276 Times in 235 Posts
Thanked 24,181 Times in 9,856 Posts
Belgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Men are simply better at everything?

Quote:
View Post
I disagree with the part about not minding which bathrooms transgender people use. Shouldn't be around children.
Really? You seriously went there!
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Belgianmum for this useful post:
  #188  
Old 29.06.2021, 13:57
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Baselland
Posts: 582
Groaned at 22 Times in 18 Posts
Thanked 715 Times in 356 Posts
LtSoftDrink has a reputation beyond reputeLtSoftDrink has a reputation beyond reputeLtSoftDrink has a reputation beyond reputeLtSoftDrink has a reputation beyond reputeLtSoftDrink has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Men are simply better at everything?

Quote:
View Post
I used some gender neutral toilets. I was wondering why there were no urinals there.
According to quite a few anecdotes, public ladies bogs are even worse than those of males. Perhaps the girls are prone to ripping urinals off the walls
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank LtSoftDrink for this useful post:
  #189  
Old 29.06.2021, 14:03
TonyClifton's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Hopefully soon to be Aargau
Posts: 2,060
Groaned at 898 Times in 501 Posts
Thanked 4,902 Times in 2,166 Posts
TonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Men are simply better at everything?

Quote:
View Post
I disagree with the part about not minding which bathrooms transgender people use. Shouldn't be around children.
They're transgender, not pedophiles!!!

However, toilets is very much a difficult subject. Does a trans women's right to feel more accepted/"normal" trump the right of a woman to feel safe when using the bathroom?

(Yes it does happen and isn't a myth)

https://www.scotsman.com/regions/edi...aigners-140883
Reply With Quote
The following 9 users would like to thank TonyClifton for this useful post:
  #190  
Old 29.06.2021, 14:12
MusicChick's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: La Cote
Posts: 17,488
Groaned at 414 Times in 275 Posts
Thanked 20,435 Times in 10,578 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Men are simply better at everything?

Quote:
View Post
According to quite a few anecdotes, public ladies bogs are even worse than those of males. Perhaps the girls are prone to ripping urinals off the walls
I can't tell, I do not go to men's rooms. But if you show tolerance and turn some of the institution's toilets to gender-neutral, do you expect guys to continue going where there are urinals or frequent also the gender-neutral toilets without the urinals. I think if there aren't urinals (and other places at the same building there are urinals), the toilets aren't really authentically gender-neutral. Are the gender neutral toilets formerly known as male equipped with female hygiene products? I do not care either way, just the logistics of this is quite interesting.
__________________
"L'homme ne peut pas remplacer son coeur avec sa tete, ni sa tete avec ses mains." J.H. Pestalozzi

“The only difference between a rut and a grave is a matter of depth.” S.P. Cadman

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." A. Einstein
Reply With Quote
  #191  
Old 29.06.2021, 14:25
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Frick, Aargau
Posts: 2,876
Groaned at 62 Times in 50 Posts
Thanked 4,070 Times in 1,901 Posts
HickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Men are simply better at everything?

Quote:
View Post
They're transgender, not pedophiles!!!

However, toilets is very much a difficult subject. Does a trans women's right to feel more accepted/"normal" trump the right of a woman to feel safe when using the bathroom?

(Yes it does happen and isn't a myth)

https://www.scotsman.com/regions/edi...aigners-140883
On balance, yes. How common are sex crimes involving a trans assailant? My guess is pretty rare. Those rare individuals with a history of sex crimes can always been blocked (unenforceable, but so is banning trans women in general from the toilets).
Reply With Quote
  #192  
Old 29.06.2021, 14:58
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Baselland
Posts: 582
Groaned at 22 Times in 18 Posts
Thanked 715 Times in 356 Posts
LtSoftDrink has a reputation beyond reputeLtSoftDrink has a reputation beyond reputeLtSoftDrink has a reputation beyond reputeLtSoftDrink has a reputation beyond reputeLtSoftDrink has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Men are simply better at everything?

Quote:
View Post
I can't tell, I do not go to men's rooms. But if you show tolerance and turn some of the institution's toilets to gender-neutral, do you expect guys to continue going where there are urinals or frequent also the gender-neutral toilets without the urinals. I think if there aren't urinals (and other places at the same building there are urinals), the toilets aren't really authentically gender-neutral. Are the gender neutral toilets formerly known as male equipped with female hygiene products? I do not care either way, just the logistics of this is quite interesting.
I’m sorry, this discussion is a bit over my head. I still remember the dirty looks I caught whenever loitering outside female toilets at airports etc. waiting for my young daughter to re-emerge. I understand that women prefer a certain distance from men in various circumstances. Seems to me, that current gender questions are undermining previously held conventions. Mainly to the detriment of “classic” females
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank LtSoftDrink for this useful post:
  #193  
Old 29.06.2021, 15:01
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SG
Posts: 10,017
Groaned at 579 Times in 419 Posts
Thanked 13,462 Times in 6,997 Posts
Urs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Men are simply better at everything?

Quote:
View Post
Absolutely not. I just quoted your post. Will not do it again.
No problem it just wasn't clear to me as you were quoting me.

As for Navratilova's statements, you don't need SM to see them, it's been reported on on websites too, including Reuters et al.
Reply With Quote
  #194  
Old 29.06.2021, 15:05
MusicChick's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: La Cote
Posts: 17,488
Groaned at 414 Times in 275 Posts
Thanked 20,435 Times in 10,578 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Men are simply better at everything?

Quote:
View Post
I’m sorry, this discussion is a bit over my head. I still remember the dirty looks I caught whenever loitering outside female toilets at airports etc. waiting for my young daughter to re-emerge. I understand that women prefer a certain distance from men in various circumstances. Seems to me, that current gender questions are undermining previously held conventions. Mainly to the detriment of “classic” females
Probably. All generations went through this newness in some ways, but having a guy use a chick toilet was rare, I have to say, more rare than me hopping over to gents' because the line at ladies' room was too long.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank MusicChick for this useful post:
  #195  
Old 29.06.2021, 15:46
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SG
Posts: 10,017
Groaned at 579 Times in 419 Posts
Thanked 13,462 Times in 6,997 Posts
Urs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Men are simply better at everything?

Quote:
View Post
They're transgender, not pedophiles!!!

However, toilets is very much a difficult subject. Does a trans women's right to feel more accepted/"normal" trump the right of a woman to feel safe when using the bathroom?

(Yes it does happen and isn't a myth)

https://www.scotsman.com/regions/edi...aigners-140883
Still, how do you prevent that? Who presents as a woman is presumed to be one. You can't have a check for balls (or for a Y-chromosome) at every toilet room entrance.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Urs Max for this useful post:
  #196  
Old 29.06.2021, 15:51
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2021
Location: transcended.
Posts: 126
Groaned at 150 Times in 75 Posts
Thanked 607 Times in 226 Posts
vushka has earned the respect of manyvushka has earned the respect of manyvushka has earned the respect of many
Re: Men are simply better at everything?

Quote:
View Post
Really? You seriously went there!
Sorry, mixed up toilets with changing rooms.
Reply With Quote
  #197  
Old 29.06.2021, 15:52
TonyClifton's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Hopefully soon to be Aargau
Posts: 2,060
Groaned at 898 Times in 501 Posts
Thanked 4,902 Times in 2,166 Posts
TonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Men are simply better at everything?

Quote:
View Post
Still, how do you prevent that? Who presents as a woman is presumed to be one. You can't have a check for balls (or for a Y-chromosome) at every toilet room entrance.
No idea! It's really a difficult grey area.

Quote:
View Post
On balance, yes. How common are sex crimes involving a trans assailant? My guess is pretty rare. Those rare individuals with a history of sex crimes can always been blocked (unenforceable, but so is banning trans women in general from the toilets).
More common than people realise. There's another issue with changing rooms though which goes beyond potential attacks. Many women simply would feel uncomfortable with a Trans women in a changing room with their penis on display.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank TonyClifton for this useful post:
  #198  
Old 29.06.2021, 15:59
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Baselland
Posts: 582
Groaned at 22 Times in 18 Posts
Thanked 715 Times in 356 Posts
LtSoftDrink has a reputation beyond reputeLtSoftDrink has a reputation beyond reputeLtSoftDrink has a reputation beyond reputeLtSoftDrink has a reputation beyond reputeLtSoftDrink has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Men are simply better at everything?

Quote:
View Post
I can't tell, I do not go to men's rooms.....
Quote:
View Post
Probably. All generations went through this newness in some ways, but having a guy use a chick toilet was rare, I have to say, more rare than me hopping over to gents' because the line at ladies' room was too long.
Haha! Got you there
Now, who could I sue for those dirty looks....not only was my parental concern flagrantly disregarded by female exponents. Their disdainful conception of my very presence had extremely detrimental consequences for my self-worth and yadda-yadda…
Reply With Quote
  #199  
Old 29.06.2021, 16:10
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 11,940
Groaned at 618 Times in 523 Posts
Thanked 22,156 Times in 11,627 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Men are simply better at everything?

Quote:
View Post
Many women simply would feel uncomfortable with a Trans women in a changing room with their penis on display.
What sort of cheap store has a group changing room and not individual cubicles
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank marton for this useful post:
  #200  
Old 29.06.2021, 16:26
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 3,949
Groaned at 78 Times in 57 Posts
Thanked 4,221 Times in 2,273 Posts
rainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Men are simply better at everything?

Quote:
View Post
What sort of cheap store has a group changing room and not individual cubicles
It's likely more about those gym-lockers or "more or less" public changing areas.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Assura - simply NEVER Laug Insurance 27 21.03.2018 15:34
He, She ... or Perhaps simply It Medea Fleecestealer General off-topic 23 07.11.2016 08:57
Do I need a Visa to simply job hunt RJPH Permits/visas/government 5 20.01.2014 20:51
Simply beautiful. sam ali General off-topic 1 13.12.2013 10:24
Simply birolliant Castro General off-topic 4 25.07.2009 11:39


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0