English Forum Switzerland

English Forum Switzerland (https://www.englishforum.ch/forum.php)
-   International affairs/politics (https://www.englishforum.ch/international-affairs-politics/)
-   -   Any right to get a free lawyer in Switzerland ? (https://www.englishforum.ch/international-affairs-politics/305710-any-right-get-free-lawyer-switzerland.html)

kidnapp 06.09.2021 20:20

Any right to get a free lawyer in Switzerland ?
 
Do a person who suspect that was kidnapped as an infant baby, whose biological parent/father/ was an Austrian citizen (I suppose) and was buried in Austria, and a mother is currently living as I suppose in Switzerland has a right to ask for a free legal help in Austria/Switzerland even though a person never got an Austrian/Switzerland citizenship because of circumstances of a crime in infancy period 1976/77.

Is there any free legal aid in Switzerland when person suspects it was kidnapped since infancy, I was only a few days old when I was separated from my biological mother, I was injured as an infant and brought to another country, placed in a family without proper legal procedure of infant adoption.

I manage to hear from people in my "family" who my mother is, and who my father was and as I suppose she lives in Switzerland. As crime happened in my infancy period I never got citizenship of my biological parents neither Austrian nor Swiss, and I can not find mother.

So my question is there any free legal help/free lawyers for international crime/ in Switzerland for a case like mine. Do I have any right to get a free lawyer in Switzerland?

bowlie 06.09.2021 21:22

Re: Any right to get a free lawyer in Switzerland ?
 
Why would a lawyer be free? They have to eat just like the rest of us. You can get legal insurance but I wouldn’t know if they would take your case.

Island Monkey 06.09.2021 21:25

Re: Any right to get a free lawyer in Switzerland ?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bowlie (Post 3345353)
Why would a lawyer be free?

In the UK & USA you can get representation paid for by the government (Legal Aid), doesn't mean the lawyer doesn't get paid.

komsomolez 06.09.2021 21:28

Re: Any right to get a free lawyer in Switzerland ?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bowlie (Post 3345353)
Why would a lawyer be free? They have to eat just like the rest of us. You can get legal insurance but I wouldn’t know if they would take your case.

And they eat a lot.

kidnapp 06.09.2021 21:39

Re: Any right to get a free lawyer in Switzerland ?
 
I know that my case is hard to understand, but I can not afford to pay a lawyer… my "family" are not people who would finance a lawyers for a case like mine...why?...they are keeping me as their own daughter… to me personally they are something like "hostage holders" I consider them my "family" I assimilated with them since childhood...until I realised they are not my parents… I do not know how legal system works in Switzerland.. so my question is … IS THERE ANY LEGAL HELP for a case like mine... do you have in Switzerland lawyers who work for free...this case is criminal case… to me I would qualify it as international abduction of an infant baby long time ago...I heard what one person said who is my mother… and she is Swiss citizen … now … my position is something like … hostage with a certain degree of freedom but I am unemployed .. even if I would be employed my salary would not be enough to cover the expenses..

NotAllThere 06.09.2021 21:45

Re: Any right to get a free lawyer in Switzerland ?
 
Swiss citizens don't really have free legal advice, so non-residents also don't.

If you feel a crime has been committed, the first stop is the police. If you can't get them to take it up, your only hope is to hire a lawyer. I you haven't the money, then you're stuck. You could try getting a journalist interested.

If you were kidnapped in 1976, then you are now in your 40s, so how are you still somehow in the power of your family? Are they not kind and loving towards you?

Treverus 06.09.2021 21:53

Re: Any right to get a free lawyer in Switzerland ?
 
Ok, to put this simple: "free lawyers" are paid for by the tax payer. For a very specific reason: Everyone has the legal right to get a fair trial and if you are accused of a crime, will be trialed in court and plausibly cannot afford legal representation yourself you will get help.

As much as I feel for you:
- you are not a Swiss citizen or resident
- you are not accused of a crime and need a lawyer to defend yourself

What exactly do you want the lawyer to do? Find your mother?

Treverus 06.09.2021 21:59

Re: Any right to get a free lawyer in Switzerland ?
 
Anyways, here is a constructive idea - there is an organization helping victims of crimes in Switzerland. I believe its also only for residents, so its a long shot as your story sounds a little... different. But maybe they can point you in the right direction...

https://www.opferhilfe-schweiz.ch/en/

Island Monkey 06.09.2021 22:05

Re: Any right to get a free lawyer in Switzerland ?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kidnapp (Post 3345362)
I know that my case is hard to understand, but I can not afford to pay a lawyer… my "family" are not people who would finance a lawyers for a case like mine...why?...they are keeping me as their own daughter… to me personally they are something like "hostage holders" I consider them my "family" I assimilated with them since childhood...until I realised they are not my parents… I do not know how legal system works in Switzerland.. so my question is … IS THERE ANY LEGAL HELP for a case like mine... do you have in Switzerland lawyers who work for free...this case is criminal case… to me I would qualify it as international abduction of an infant baby long time ago...I heard what one person said who is my mother… and she is Swiss citizen … now … my position is something like … hostage with a certain degree of freedom but I am unemployed .. even if I would be employed my salary would not be enough to cover the expenses..

This doesn't add up. If your family are holding you "hostage" so to speak, why would they give you info on your birth parents?

Don't you have a birth certificate?

kidnapp 06.09.2021 22:50

Re: Any right to get a free lawyer in Switzerland ?
 


Here is the whole story – believe it or not:
•victim of homozigosity – some kind of incest – (proof – HLA antigens tissue typing) which means that my biological parents where somehow related

• I was born with open abdominal wound, or an injury which opened because of abduction or during abduction (?) date of my birth written on birth certificate is xx.xx.1977. but the question is how can that date be true if there is photograph which shows that I was born with open abdominal wound – these photograph was presented to police




•I suspect that I might not even born in hospital because I believe that doctors would not let me out from the hospital with open abdominal wound or the open wound appeared after the criminal act I suspect

•my mother written on birth certificate belongs to another ethnical group (gypsies) there are some indications that she is not my biological mother which she denies – my blood type is A -, my father (?) blood type is 0+, and my mother blood type is AB+

•if the HLA antigen tissue typing is true – “possibility of homozygosity”, then there is indication that I am a victim of some kind of incest/and kidnapping which happened in 1976 (?), blood type of my biological mother should be the same as mine A-, which is not true.

•all documents officially issued seem to be correct in one hand, on the other hand there is photograph of me an injured infant 13 days old approximately and HLA antigen tissue typing which is for me personally an indication that people written on my birth certificate are not my biological parents and addressing to police in gave me no results or any answers

•I have no hope of finding out anything about biological parents

•I can’t prove legally at court that people written on my birth certificate are not my biological parents, because the only potential evidence that I have - photograph and HLA tissue typing are not even taken into consideration as a proof or indication, it is important what is written on a birth certificate

•I was not adopted as a child
•I am suffering from some kind of narcolepsy illness (sleeping disorder) but doctors gave me 3 different diagnosis in spite of the HLA tissue typing which shows much greater risk of narcolepsy disorder and cured me for 10 years with cancerous medications which have more than 5 dangerous substances and performed in hospital illegal and forbidden medical brain surgery (psychosurgery “two internal wholes on top of my head”) without my knowledge and permission



•I also have another disease – toxoplasmosis (parasitic illness) which four doctors refuse to prescribe me medications for that illness



the problem in general:
•I can‘t know officially anything about my biological parents, I only have what one person said
•I can’t know am I a victim of some kind of incest, and kidnap of an infant baby (could it be connected with Bušić case in 1976. – is this case actually about kidnap of Tito’s child not only the airplane – I do not know I assume ?)
•family in which I live haven’t even adopted me when I was an infant,
•my mother written on my birth certificate belongs in another ethnic group, we are not similar at all



•doctors performed illegal medical surgery
•addressing to police gave me nothing,
•I have been cured with dangerous medications for 10 years,
•4 doctors refuse to prescribe me medication for toxoplasmosis,
• By oral claim of a person in my family he said that my father was President Tito and mother Sofija Loren. But how can I be sure about this ?. Most of TITO’s property was stolen.
•and even if I ever inherit property from parents written on my birth certificate it would be illegally inherited property, because they have not even adopted me as an infant



basically I can’t prove my biological identity, I can’t know officially my true nationality and nothing about my biological parents

•and finally I have lived with an “uncle” who died in 2011. and after his death I found a document in which was written he was educated for a military policemen, (but education does not mean that he was official military policemen) according to his words I think my biological identity could be connected to politician – president TITO and Sophija Loren, which I am not even suppose to mention.



My question for you is what can I do legally about these mentioned facts ?



I think she is my mother because the uncle in my family said so...Am I a victim of kidnap, not adoption, farmaceutical and medical crime, fake identity which looks legal but it is actually illegal, human trafficing of an infant baby, and I think president TITO was Habsburg according to some newspaper articles,..and finally I am looking for a MOTHER???? Because I have lost everything in Croatia, and I think I do not have any real biological relative or sibling or family member in Croatia.



I did not inherit my true citizenship from my biological parents (or after my father – according to some newspapers he was buried in Austria ?) because it is impossible for me to prove who my biological parents were and I was even prevented to come to any court…



There is one on-line article on the internet and in that article writer mentioned the kidnap of “Tito’s child?”. The fact which I am not certain and which is unbelievable that Tito at the end of his life had a child with Sophija Loren would according to my HLA tissue typing and homozigosity mean that they were somehow related (father-daughter; or something else) ? I think that TITO is actually my father not grandfather.





And I can’t understand how I get out from the hospital with open wound ? My life is fool of lies and I can’t find the truth not from my family, not from police, instead of help I have to be crazy because it is unbelievable story and basically - Am I even Croatian citizen, not by what is written on birth certificate but according to my biological origins – I would say it this way - I am a Croatian citizen, but I think Croatian citizenship was acquired on illegal ways long time ago in 1977.g.– and there are not too many proofs of kidnapping – I was an infant then.




Can you give me any advice what to ?









schoggiweggli 06.09.2021 23:11

Re: Any right to get a free lawyer in Switzerland ?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kidnapp (Post 3345382)
Can you give me any advice what to?

Find another forum.

kidnapp 06.09.2021 23:16

Re: Any right to get a free lawyer in Switzerland ?
 
Why ? What is wrong with this one ? This one is the only one I manage to find …

Sigh 06.09.2021 23:16

Re: Any right to get a free lawyer in Switzerland ?
 
Quote:

I can’t prove legally at court that people written on my birth certificate are not my biological parents, because the only potential evidence that I have - photograph and HLA tissue typing are not even taken into consideration as a proof or indication, it is important what is written on a birth certificate
Why not? A DNA test would show wether your parents are your real parents or not.

kidnapp 06.09.2021 23:24

Re: Any right to get a free lawyer in Switzerland ?
 
If I am a homozygous person - how can they be my parents ? But that is not my question - Do you know any legal institution which could I turn to in Switzerland ?






And if person in my family was right when he said who my mother is - to which state institutions could I turn to - but those in Switzerland ? If they say or estimate that my life story is a lie - OK - but who in Switzerland is in charge for such suspected crime ?

Axa 06.09.2021 23:32

Re: Any right to get a free lawyer in Switzerland ?
 
Well, it's not a right and it's not 100% free but there's something called Free Legal Assistance by the Swiss Bar Association. It's more like a credit, at the end of the procedure a sum of expenses is made and you're charged according to your income. https://www.sav-fsa.ch/en/rechtsausk...htspflege.html

It may be a long shot, but not trying is losing before fighting. I guess the challenge here is speaking fluently any of the 3 main national languages: Italian, French or German.

Sigh 06.09.2021 23:34

Re: Any right to get a free lawyer in Switzerland ?
 
Call the Suisse embassy & ask.

olygirl 06.09.2021 23:42

Re: Any right to get a free lawyer in Switzerland ?
 
This may be of interest to you:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinder_der_Landstrasse

Or this one: https://www.nytimes.com/1986/06/09/w...-children.html

V__ 06.09.2021 23:43

Re: Any right to get a free lawyer in Switzerland ?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kidnapp (Post 3345382)
• By oral claim of a person in my family he said that my father was President Tito and mother Sofija Loren. But how can I be sure about this ?. Most of TITO’s property was stolen.

You really think the guy on the left had a chance with a gazelle like Lauren ?

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/e2/32/dd/e...phia-loren.jpg

swisspea 06.09.2021 23:45

Re: Any right to get a free lawyer in Switzerland ?
 
This sounds like a wild story but here are the real-life options:


It's perfectly common across the world for families to marry close relatives - 'incest' is not necessarily the situation - it's perfectly legal to marry your first cousin in many cultures and religions. If you say you are from 'gypsy' heritage then you are even more likely to have family who are inter-married through many genarations as they favour marrying people from the same ethnic and religious background. Quite likely your parents are first cousins or closely related - so what ? - maybe your parents don't want it to be publicly known that they are closely related... but it's very common across the world and nothing to be ashamed of and it's definitely not something illegal - it's highly unlikely your parents were siblings - or unmarriedl - but if they were, then very likely that would be hidden and you maybe were handed to another family member to be raised...



As for your 'abdominal injury' - it would be very easy to speak to a paediatrician and show the photos and get a perfectly good medical reason, or not. There are many reasons why you might have an injury - difficult birth, medical intervention, or a pre-birth condition. Did you have surgery ? Without seeing the photo, I'm not going to go further with explanations, but there are so many possiblities...



And the blood type stuff is not a big deal, and without an actual DNA test the blood type alone is not enough to prove or disprove who your parents are. Although there is a simplified system for blood typing and RH factor (the + and _) there are a lot more genes involved. Same with eye colour... your parents actually carry two genes for blood type - AO, BO, AB, OO, - so from what I just read online, it's absolutely possible for a child with O and AB parents to be A type. A and B are dominant - O is recessive. If your father was OO and your mother AB and you are A then you are probably AO. Same with positive/negative - both parents are +- then you got both the --.


They teach this simplifed 'eye colour' idea too at school. but it's wrong - there are many many genes involved in eye colour and there are also medical conditions that can change eye colour regardless of parent's eye colour - so don't assume it's just a really simple thing... and it's definitely not evidence.


It's also perfectly normal to not be born in a hospital....and again, not evidence of anything ... hospital treatment was not 'free' and not necessarily better than having a child at home...same with medical interventions - maybe they were just too poor or not entitled to access the health system...



Birth certificates maybe changed if the child was born before the parents were married - also, it may not be that the birth was registered until later. This is very very very common - if parents are unmarried - avoid registration until after the parents are married, and then adapt the birth date to avoid any further questions. I would be very curious to see if your parents were married very close to your birth date! Again, very common....



If you think you were 'adopted' then I would highly recommend you speak to an adoption counsellor or support service. A lawyer is not really where to begin - start with someone who knows the adoption system in your country (Croatia?) and who helps people to find their birth parents. They will tell you exactly what laws cover your situation, what evidence you can gather and how to get answers.


That said, it's possible that the road to finding any answers will be very difficult, with many ups and downs...


Do you have any siblings, aunties, uncles or grandparents who support you ?

Tox_Rat 06.09.2021 23:48

Re: Any right to get a free lawyer in Switzerland ?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kidnapp (Post 3345398)
If I am a homozygous person - how can they be my parents ? But that is not my question - Do you know any legal institution which could I turn to in Switzerland ?

And if person in my family was right when he said who my mother is - to which state institutions could I turn to - but those in Switzerland ? If they say or estimate that my life story is a lie - OK - but who in Switzerland is in charge for such suspected crime ?

First of all, breathe. I think you need to slow down before you mistakenly jump to conclusions. The word homozygous means that you carry 2 identical copies of the same gene. There are several reasons for this, most of which have nothing to do with incest.

Before you do or worry about anything else, I suggest that you consult a genetic counselor in Croatia. He/she will be able to help you interpret your blood type and HLA test results and understand what they do and do not mean with regards to your parentage. He/she may also recommend further steps, including confirming your blood type or full genotyping.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 00:18.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0