Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Off-Topic > Off-Topic > International affairs/politics  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #801  
Old 06.09.2022, 18:25
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 12,179
Groaned at 678 Times in 569 Posts
Thanked 23,269 Times in 12,216 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Trump and 2024

Quote:
View Post
Do you think this is justification for President Biden's speech? Or are you just playing whataboutery?
It was simply the best Biden speech since he so convincingly won the presidency.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank marton for this useful post:
  #802  
Old 06.09.2022, 18:41
komsomolez's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SZ
Posts: 3,861
Groaned at 378 Times in 268 Posts
Thanked 8,137 Times in 3,476 Posts
komsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Trump and 2024

Some facts instead of the "but you promised unity" gaslighting.

"Out of 529 total Republican nominees running for office, we found 195 who FULLY DENIED the legitimacy of the 2020 election.

And an additional 61 candidates RAISED QUESTIONS around the results of the 2020 election."

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...lection-fraud/
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank komsomolez for this useful post:
  #803  
Old 06.09.2022, 18:45
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 12,179
Groaned at 678 Times in 569 Posts
Thanked 23,269 Times in 12,216 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Trump and 2024

Quote:
View Post
And just like that President Biden gave the green light to attack his opponent's voters en masse. It started with Hillary Clinton and the "basket of deplorables" and now it's just been normalized by the sitting President.

To think people believe it's Donald Trump that is a threat to democracy
You forgot to congratulate Hillary, as it has turned out she was completely correct.
Reply With Quote
  #804  
Old 06.09.2022, 21:54
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 12,179
Groaned at 678 Times in 569 Posts
Thanked 23,269 Times in 12,216 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Trump and 2024

Truth Social

Digital World Acquisition Corp., the blank-check firm set to merge with Donald Trump’s social media company has to complete the deal by next Thursday which will not happen.

They called a shareholder's vote today, they need 65% to vote for a time extension of one year, but they did not get it.

If the merger fails then shareholders will get a refund of $10.20 per share in cash regardless of whether they bought on launch at $10, at the peak price of $175, or anywhere in between.

If they vote for the extension and the merger goes ahead then likely their shares will be worth a lot more than $10.20, if the merger fails after the one-year extension they will still get their $10.20 refund.

It is irrational not to vote for an extension, to try to make that merger happen and so increase the value of their shares but most shares are held by Trump fans so the rationale is not happening.
Reply With Quote
  #805  
Old 07.09.2022, 08:36
kiwiguy08's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 1,442
Groaned at 162 Times in 116 Posts
Thanked 1,558 Times in 833 Posts
kiwiguy08 is considered unworthykiwiguy08 is considered unworthykiwiguy08 is considered unworthy
Re: All about Trump and 2024

new poll suggesting that Biden's MAGA crap isn't fooling anyone

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to f** things up"

Barack Obama
Reply With Quote
  #806  
Old 07.09.2022, 14:53
Pancakes's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Zurich-ish
Posts: 5,440
Groaned at 314 Times in 227 Posts
Thanked 11,924 Times in 4,479 Posts
Pancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Trump and 2024

Quote:
View Post
new poll suggesting that Biden's MAGA crap isn't fooling anyone

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to f** things up"

Barack Obama

Actually, the poll in your link shows that the majority of Democrats found his speech completely acceptable, while most Republicans did not. So how exactly is that suggesting that "Biden's MAGA crap isn't fooling anyone?" Please elaborate.

Also, do you realize who sponsored the creation of that poll? Who paid for it? i.e. What the COS: Convention of States is?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Pancakes for this useful post:
  #807  
Old 07.09.2022, 19:05
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 12,179
Groaned at 678 Times in 569 Posts
Thanked 23,269 Times in 12,216 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Trump and 2024

Quote:
View Post
was hoping to vote for DeSantis but this BS is turning me back to DJT……

I can’t wait to vote in ca 70 days

Plus I get to vote in my first Swiss referendum soon….great times
Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) holds just a narrow three-point lead over Democratic Rep. Charlie Crist (D-Fla.) in a new poll commissioned by AARP for Florida’s gubernatorial race.
The polling falls within the margin of error, effectively tying the two candidates.

If DeSantis does not make Governor there is little chance he will be picked as a Presidential candidate.
With DJT likely in jail, then who is now top of your list?
Reply With Quote
  #808  
Old 07.09.2022, 20:49
komsomolez's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SZ
Posts: 3,861
Groaned at 378 Times in 268 Posts
Thanked 8,137 Times in 3,476 Posts
komsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Trump and 2024

Quote:
View Post
new poll suggesting that Biden's MAGA crap isn't fooling anyone

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to f** things up"

Barack Obama
It is an interesting poll, and certainly Trafalgar is a solid pollster shop. I think the question is a bit leading in that it does say "political opponents" while Biden literally said "Donald Trump and the MAGA Republicans" (represent an extremism that threatens the very foundations of our Republic). But yeah, maybe it did piss people off.

But then the question is what is the alternative? This post in my view sums it up perfectly:



https://twitter.com/RadioFreeTom/sta...3424320876546?
Reply With Quote
  #809  
Old 07.09.2022, 21:30
Pancakes's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Zurich-ish
Posts: 5,440
Groaned at 314 Times in 227 Posts
Thanked 11,924 Times in 4,479 Posts
Pancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Trump and 2024

Quote:
View Post

But then the question is what is the alternative? This post in my view sums it up perfectly:
Many of them probably couldn't even find China on a map.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Pancakes for this useful post:
  #810  
Old 07.09.2022, 21:36
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 12,179
Groaned at 678 Times in 569 Posts
Thanked 23,269 Times in 12,216 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Trump and 2024

Quote:
View Post
Many of them probably couldn't even find China on a map.
Never mind China even their hometown
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank marton for this useful post:
  #811  
Old 07.09.2022, 21:37
komsomolez's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SZ
Posts: 3,861
Groaned at 378 Times in 268 Posts
Thanked 8,137 Times in 3,476 Posts
komsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Trump and 2024

Quote:
View Post
Many of them probably couldn't even find China on a map.
And that would be fine - were they decent and democratic-minded people. But these guys - like increasingly the people on the alt-right here in Europe - are just angry about everything and have nothing they are for. No vision. No plan.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank komsomolez for this useful post:
  #812  
Old 07.09.2022, 21:39
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SG
Posts: 10,462
Groaned at 639 Times in 463 Posts
Thanked 14,140 Times in 7,390 Posts
Urs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Trump and 2024

Quote:
View Post
Actually, the poll in your link shows that the majority of Democrats found his speech completely acceptable,
Of course they do, a Biden fan is much more likely to favor whatever he does.

In every age group the majority (with a very solid margin over the opposite) say it's dangerous rhetoric designed to incite conflict. That's quite clear. Even a good share of the Dem voters say it's unacceptable.
Quote:
View Post
Also, do you realize who sponsored the creation of that poll? Who paid for it? i.e. What the COS: Convention of States is?
And?

This is just the common attempt from the left to shoot the messenger. Criticise the poll instead if you can.
Reply With Quote
  #813  
Old 07.09.2022, 22:05
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 12,179
Groaned at 678 Times in 569 Posts
Thanked 23,269 Times in 12,216 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Trump and 2024

Quote:
View Post
And that would be fine - were they decent and democratic-minded people. But these guys - like increasingly the people on the alt-right here in Europe - are just angry about everything and have nothing they are for. No vision. No plan.
If you are stuck in a dead-end job, living in poverty with no prospects then anger is all one has.
Tragic, but despite all the promises from both left and right no politician has delivered anything close to a solution.
As communism demonstrated if you try to share everything equally then you quickly learn there is simply not enough to go around and that was even before the ruling class started filling their pockets, think Beryozka, Gorky Street.

Not to forget Gorby's miserable holiday hut in Crimea
Name:  gorbycrimea.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  254.7 KB
Reply With Quote
  #814  
Old 07.09.2022, 22:09
komsomolez's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SZ
Posts: 3,861
Groaned at 378 Times in 268 Posts
Thanked 8,137 Times in 3,476 Posts
komsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Trump and 2024

Quote:
View Post
If you are stuck in a dead-end job, living in poverty with no prospects then anger is all one has.
Tragic, but despite all the promises from both left and right no politician has delivered anything close to a solution.
As communism demonstrated if you try to share everything equally then you quickly learn there is simply not enough to go around and that was even before the ruling class started filling their pockets, think Beryozka, Gorky Street.

Not to forget Gorby's miserable holiday hut in Crimea
Attachment 144161
That you, Bernie?
Reply With Quote
  #815  
Old 07.09.2022, 22:22
kiwiguy08's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 1,442
Groaned at 162 Times in 116 Posts
Thanked 1,558 Times in 833 Posts
kiwiguy08 is considered unworthykiwiguy08 is considered unworthykiwiguy08 is considered unworthy
Re: All about Trump and 2024

Quote:
View Post
It is an interesting poll, and certainly Trafalgar is a solid pollster shop. I think the question is a bit leading in that it does say "political opponents" while Biden literally said "Donald Trump and the MAGA Republicans" (represent an extremism that threatens the very foundations of our Republic). But yeah, maybe it did piss people off.

But then the question is what is the alternative? This post in my view sums it up perfectly:



https://twitter.com/RadioFreeTom/sta...3424320876546?
I’d be pissed off too, if the president is calling them enemies of the state
Reply With Quote
  #816  
Old 07.09.2022, 22:24
kiwiguy08's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 1,442
Groaned at 162 Times in 116 Posts
Thanked 1,558 Times in 833 Posts
kiwiguy08 is considered unworthykiwiguy08 is considered unworthykiwiguy08 is considered unworthy
Re: All about Trump and 2024

Quote:
View Post
Of course they do, a Biden fan is much more likely to favor whatever he does.

In every age group the majority (with a very solid margin over the opposite) say it's dangerous rhetoric designed to incite conflict. That's quite clear. Even a good share of the Dem voters say it's unacceptable.

And?

This is just the common attempt from the left to shoot the messenger. Criticise the poll instead if you can.
Good on you, obviously some people are math-challenged. It doesn’t matter if the majority of Democrats disagree….the majority of AMERICANS agrees and that includes republicans and independents
Reply With Quote
  #817  
Old 07.09.2022, 22:27
komsomolez's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SZ
Posts: 3,861
Groaned at 378 Times in 268 Posts
Thanked 8,137 Times in 3,476 Posts
komsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Trump and 2024

Quote:
View Post
I’d be pissed off too, if the president is calling them enemies of the state
Actually Trump called President Biden the enemy of the state at his latest rally. But yes, all these folks were perfectly friendly just until Biden's speech ...
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank komsomolez for this useful post:
  #818  
Old 07.09.2022, 22:27
kiwiguy08's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 1,442
Groaned at 162 Times in 116 Posts
Thanked 1,558 Times in 833 Posts
kiwiguy08 is considered unworthykiwiguy08 is considered unworthykiwiguy08 is considered unworthy
Re: All about Trump and 2024

Quote:
View Post
And that would be fine - were they decent and democratic-minded people. But these guys - like increasingly the people on the alt-right here in Europe - are just angry about everything and have nothing they are for. No vision. No plan.
-to be left alone (not have Washington make laws that fit all 50 states)
-for the government to not waste their money on BS programs and foreign affairs that do not concerns them
-maintain their rights to legal gun ownership
-to not have woke crap shoved down their throat constantly and more importantly their kids
Reply With Quote
  #819  
Old 07.09.2022, 22:30
komsomolez's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SZ
Posts: 3,861
Groaned at 378 Times in 268 Posts
Thanked 8,137 Times in 3,476 Posts
komsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Trump and 2024

Quote:
View Post
-to be left alone (not have Washington make laws that fit all 50 states)
-for the government to not waste their money on BS programs and foreign affairs that do not concerns them
-maintain their rights to legal gun ownership
-to not have woke crap shoved down their throat constantly and more importantly their kids
Where are you voting in the US?
Reply With Quote
  #820  
Old 07.09.2022, 22:48
kiwiguy08's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 1,442
Groaned at 162 Times in 116 Posts
Thanked 1,558 Times in 833 Posts
kiwiguy08 is considered unworthykiwiguy08 is considered unworthykiwiguy08 is considered unworthy
Re: All about Trump and 2024

Quote:
View Post
Where are you voting in the US?
Georgia in the morning, Arizona in the afternoon
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trump organisation indicted today on fraud charges (not Trump family) marton International affairs/politics 59 14.01.2023 15:41
New: Trump Jokes Ardneham Jokes/funnies 15 29.01.2021 14:59
Will Trump get reelected robBob International affairs/politics 129 02.03.2020 22:15
The New Trump Tax Cuts ToothCentral International affairs/politics 11 05.04.2017 23:14
Donald Trump and Co McTAVGE International affairs/politics 1531 28.09.2016 09:22


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:11.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0