Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Off-Topic > Off-Topic > International affairs/politics  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #841  
Old 16.09.2022, 13:08
komsomolez's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SZ
Posts: 3,666
Groaned at 345 Times in 242 Posts
Thanked 7,518 Times in 3,220 Posts
komsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond reputekomsomolez has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Trump and 2024

Quote:
View Post
Using actual real life vulnerable human beings (including children) for a sick practical joke - hilarious isn't it?

GOP's leadership continues to disgust me progressively more each day - as do those who think the above is funny and think we "need more of this".
It is disgusting. Nothing to do with any conservative, let alone Christian values. Also absolutely ridiculous from a tax payer point of view. Only "owning the libs" matters to this scum.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank komsomolez for this useful post:
  #842  
Old 16.09.2022, 13:26
Member
 
Join Date: May 2021
Location: transcended.
Posts: 162
Groaned at 198 Times in 104 Posts
Thanked 706 Times in 289 Posts
vushka is considered unworthyvushka is considered unworthyvushka is considered unworthy
Re: All about Trump and 2024

Quote:
View Post
Using actual real life vulnerable human beings (including children) for a sick practical joke - hilarious isn't it?

GOP's leadership continues to disgust me progressively more each day - as do those who think the above is funny and think we "need more of this".
letting them take responsibility for what they advocate for is just and right (that it annoys them and their ilk is what makes it hilarious!)
Reply With Quote
  #843  
Old 16.09.2022, 13:33
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Location: ZH & BS
Posts: 148
Groaned at 13 Times in 12 Posts
Thanked 568 Times in 214 Posts
ShirleyNot has a reputation beyond reputeShirleyNot has a reputation beyond reputeShirleyNot has a reputation beyond reputeShirleyNot has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Trump and 2024

Quote:
View Post
letting them take responsibility for what they advocate for is just and right (that it annoys them and their ilk is what makes it hilarious!)
What exactly are they "advocating"?
Reply With Quote
  #844  
Old 16.09.2022, 13:45
TonyClifton's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Hopefully soon to be Aargau
Posts: 2,130
Groaned at 968 Times in 542 Posts
Thanked 5,109 Times in 2,277 Posts
TonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Trump and 2024

Appears as if the DOJ went into full Hail Mary mode this week, desperately trying to get their hands on phone so of anyone remotely related to Donald Trump. Looking rather desperate. Assuming the House changes hands in November, how long do we give it before President Biden is impeached for abuse of power?
Reply With Quote
This user groans at TonyClifton for this post:
  #845  
Old 16.09.2022, 14:23
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bern
Posts: 2,479
Groaned at 471 Times in 307 Posts
Thanked 5,301 Times in 1,925 Posts
Susie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Trump and 2024

Quote:
View Post
letting them take responsibility for what they advocate for is just and right (that it annoys them and their ilk is what makes it hilarious!)
Nobody is annoyed, in fact the town of Martha's Vineyard worked together to provide food and shelter with translators as soon as possible for these immigrants.

What is not funny, is that the "Christian" right lied to these people, promised them work and food, and then shoved them on a plane to an unknown destination for your so called "hilarity".

You should be ashamed of yourself ... I'm a Texan and have worked with undocumented immigrants for decades. There are plenty of Texans and Floridians who would also advocate for them any day.
Reply With Quote
  #846  
Old 16.09.2022, 14:27
bossybaby's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Western Austria
Posts: 899
Groaned at 10 Times in 9 Posts
Thanked 1,644 Times in 705 Posts
bossybaby has a reputation beyond reputebossybaby has a reputation beyond reputebossybaby has a reputation beyond reputebossybaby has a reputation beyond reputebossybaby has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Trump and 2024

Quote:
View Post
You should be ashamed of yourself ... I'm a Texan and have worked with undocumented immigrants for decades. There are plenty of Texans and Floridians who would also advocate for them any day.
Don't leave out California...how do you think most of the US gets its lovely fruit and veg?? We couldn't have our (relatively) cheap produce without undocs.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank bossybaby for this useful post:
  #847  
Old 16.09.2022, 14:31
Axa's Avatar
Axa Axa is online now
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Suhr, Aargau
Posts: 4,834
Groaned at 89 Times in 81 Posts
Thanked 6,849 Times in 3,232 Posts
Axa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Trump and 2024

Quote:
View Post
letting them take responsibility for what they advocate for is just and right (that it annoys them and their ilk is what makes it hilarious!)
It annoys me that I crossed the border many times alone in my car, missed income.

I could have brought alone 4 passengers without travel documents, made a nice profit if I knew laws are optional
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Axa for this useful post:
  #848  
Old 16.09.2022, 14:39
Member
 
Join Date: May 2021
Location: transcended.
Posts: 162
Groaned at 198 Times in 104 Posts
Thanked 706 Times in 289 Posts
vushka is considered unworthyvushka is considered unworthyvushka is considered unworthy
Re: All about Trump and 2024

Quote:
View Post
It annoys me that I crossed the border many times alone in my car, missed income.

I could have brought alone 4 passengers without travel documents, made a nice profit if I knew laws are optional
its a funny quip but also the sad truth - the people who try to do the right thing and lawfully immigrate are the ones that end up getting screwed by illegal immigrants and their do-gooder advocates the most.
Reply With Quote
  #849  
Old 16.09.2022, 14:47
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Location: ZH & BS
Posts: 148
Groaned at 13 Times in 12 Posts
Thanked 568 Times in 214 Posts
ShirleyNot has a reputation beyond reputeShirleyNot has a reputation beyond reputeShirleyNot has a reputation beyond reputeShirleyNot has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Trump and 2024

Quote:
View Post
its a funny quip but also the sad truth - the people who try to do the right thing and lawfully immigrate are the ones that end up getting screwed by illegal immigrants and their do-gooder advocates the most.
How, though? Can you give some examples of things that have happened?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank ShirleyNot for this useful post:
  #850  
Old 16.09.2022, 14:47
bossybaby's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Western Austria
Posts: 899
Groaned at 10 Times in 9 Posts
Thanked 1,644 Times in 705 Posts
bossybaby has a reputation beyond reputebossybaby has a reputation beyond reputebossybaby has a reputation beyond reputebossybaby has a reputation beyond reputebossybaby has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Trump and 2024

Quote:
View Post
its a funny quip but also the sad truth - the people who try to do the right thing and lawfully immigrate are the ones that end up getting screwed by illegal immigrants and their do-gooder advocates the most.
What nonsense. My legal immigrant family members haven't been "screwed" by illegals at all. Legal immigrants are on a different socio-economic plane than illegals.
Reply With Quote
The following 4 users would like to thank bossybaby for this useful post:
  #851  
Old 16.09.2022, 14:57
Member
 
Join Date: May 2021
Location: transcended.
Posts: 162
Groaned at 198 Times in 104 Posts
Thanked 706 Times in 289 Posts
vushka is considered unworthyvushka is considered unworthyvushka is considered unworthy
Re: All about Trump and 2024

illegal immigration is a drain on public funds and institutions that could otherwise be used for legal immigrants.
by allowing or assisting people to bypass the rules and system it incentivizes further illegal immigration.

Quote:
View Post
What nonsense. My legal immigrant family members haven't been "screwed" by illegals at all. Legal immigrants are on a different socio-economic plane than illegals.
go tell the people who have been on a waiting list for years to legally immigrate that its nonsense.
Reply With Quote
  #852  
Old 16.09.2022, 15:07
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bern
Posts: 2,479
Groaned at 471 Times in 307 Posts
Thanked 5,301 Times in 1,925 Posts
Susie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Trump and 2024

Quote:
View Post
Don't leave out California...how do you think most of the US gets its lovely fruit and veg?? We couldn't have our (relatively) cheap produce without undocs.
I did not include California because they are not busing or flying immigrants to liberal strongholds, like Texas and Florida are.

Quote:
View Post
illegal immigration is a drain on public funds and institutions that could otherwise be used for legal immigrants.
by allowing or assisting people to bypass the rules and system it incentivizes further illegal immigration.
Life in America would come to a full halt and costs of living would be astronomical if it weren't cheap undocumented immigration.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Susie-Q for this useful post:
  #853  
Old 16.09.2022, 15:16
Axa's Avatar
Axa Axa is online now
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Suhr, Aargau
Posts: 4,834
Groaned at 89 Times in 81 Posts
Thanked 6,849 Times in 3,232 Posts
Axa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Trump and 2024

Quote:
View Post
its a funny quip but also the sad truth - the people who try to do the right thing and lawfully immigrate are the ones that end up getting screwed by illegal immigrants and their do-gooder advocates the most.
I got a masters for free from Texas A&M plus some salary that paid for food, rent & gas. Not screwed at all by illegal immigrants. If any, I have some kind of guilt for having it so easy...but I'm not the kind of person that feels that often

I just joked that I could have made a bit more income by bringing illegal immigrants along me every time I crossed the border. I was told at the time that transporting immigrants was a crime. Back to year 2022, unless the people involved in bringing the immigrants on those airplanes spend some time in jail, the rule of law is a joke.

Also, get better informed about the famous waiting list. Spouses, parents and minor children of US citizens have neither limits nor waiting list. The immigration quotas (waiting list) are for family members of green card holders.

Considering getting US citizenship as fast as getting a Swiss C permit, it's simpler to get the citizenship first and then bring along the family. Personally, I don't know why anyone would do that harm to the family, joking once again, but it's doable.

Illegal immigrants are in whole different plane of existence. They're not the enemies. If any, they need help.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Axa for this useful post:
  #854  
Old 16.09.2022, 15:24
Member
 
Join Date: May 2021
Location: transcended.
Posts: 162
Groaned at 198 Times in 104 Posts
Thanked 706 Times in 289 Posts
vushka is considered unworthyvushka is considered unworthyvushka is considered unworthy
Re: All about Trump and 2024

Quote:
View Post
Life in America would come to a full halt and costs of living would be astronomical if it weren't cheap undocumented immigration.
whether that is true or not i do not believe in providing any incentives for people who break the law and illegally immigrate.
Reply With Quote
  #855  
Old 16.09.2022, 15:38
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bern
Posts: 2,479
Groaned at 471 Times in 307 Posts
Thanked 5,301 Times in 1,925 Posts
Susie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Trump and 2024

Quote:
View Post
whether that is true or not i do not believe in providing any incentives for people who break the law and illegally immigrate.
What "incentives" are you speaking of?
Reply With Quote
  #856  
Old 16.09.2022, 15:49
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Location: ZH & BS
Posts: 148
Groaned at 13 Times in 12 Posts
Thanked 568 Times in 214 Posts
ShirleyNot has a reputation beyond reputeShirleyNot has a reputation beyond reputeShirleyNot has a reputation beyond reputeShirleyNot has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Trump and 2024

Quote:
View Post
whether that is true or not i do not believe in providing any incentives for people who break the law and illegally immigrate.
Such as illegally transporting them and dumping them somewhere with zero notice to serve as a lesson to a community as a political publicity stunt? That kind of incentive?
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank ShirleyNot for this useful post:
  #857  
Old 16.09.2022, 15:51
bossybaby's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Western Austria
Posts: 899
Groaned at 10 Times in 9 Posts
Thanked 1,644 Times in 705 Posts
bossybaby has a reputation beyond reputebossybaby has a reputation beyond reputebossybaby has a reputation beyond reputebossybaby has a reputation beyond reputebossybaby has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Trump and 2024

Oh, you know...to be worked to within an inch of your life every day, to endure substandard working conditions and shitty pay, and to look over your shoulder the whole time. Sounds like a great incentive.

I would guess that people like vushka have never even been to the West, let alone tried to run a ranch. But it's all black-and-white, isn't it?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank bossybaby for this useful post:
  #858  
Old 16.09.2022, 16:09
TonyClifton's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Hopefully soon to be Aargau
Posts: 2,130
Groaned at 968 Times in 542 Posts
Thanked 5,109 Times in 2,277 Posts
TonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Trump and 2024

Quote:
View Post
Oh, you know...to be worked to within an inch of your life every day, to endure substandard working conditions and shitty pay, and to look over your shoulder the whole time. Sounds like a great incentive.

I would guess that people like vushka have never even been to the West, let alone tried to run a ranch. But it's all black-and-white, isn't it?
There have been 2 million apprehensions at the border in the past year, this is a crisis. This discussion should actually be moved to the Joe Biden thread as it's a crisis that is happening under his Presidency.
Reply With Quote
  #859  
Old 16.09.2022, 16:32
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Geneva
Posts: 15
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 25 Times in 11 Posts
greenmark has no particular reputation at present
Re: All about Trump and 2024

Quote:
View Post
I did not include California because they are not busing or flying immigrants to liberal strongholds, like Texas and Florida are.

I think you might as well include California in this.
AFAIK De Santis used funds that had been provided by the Federal government and earmarked for states to use for Covid relief.
California is a net contributor to Federal funds.

So... Florida used California money to ship people from Texas to Massachusetts.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank greenmark for this useful post:
  #860  
Old 16.09.2022, 16:39
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SG
Posts: 10,319
Groaned at 603 Times in 437 Posts
Thanked 13,920 Times in 7,261 Posts
Urs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Trump and 2024

Quote:
View Post
Oh, you know...to be worked to within an inch of your life every day, to endure substandard working conditions and shitty pay, and to look over your shoulder the whole time. Sounds like a great incentive.
Having a hard job, with the family in relative safety, is far better than no job at all and the family hungry and in permanent danger. Mexico has five times the homicide rate, and that doesn't even account for rape, robberies, abduction and blackmail.

Most importantly to most parents, the children have far better prospects.
Quote:
View Post
This discussion should actually be moved to the Joe Biden thread as it's a crisis that is happening under his Presidency.
It's all Trump's fault, now more than ever. He's even to blame for the fact that the Biden admin is using Trump's methods.

Even now, after almost two years of Biden.

Quote:
‘What I can tell you is the record and the process that we have been using to make sure that we do our best to secure the border,’ Jean-Pierre said from the podium.

‘We do our best to make sure that we fix a broken system that was left behind by the last administration.

Last edited by Urs Max; 16.09.2022 at 16:51.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trump organisation indicted today on fraud charges (not Trump family) marton International affairs/politics 54 04.11.2022 10:56
New: Trump Jokes Ardneham Jokes/funnies 15 29.01.2021 14:59
Will Trump get reelected robBob International affairs/politics 129 02.03.2020 22:15
The New Trump Tax Cuts ToothCentral International affairs/politics 11 05.04.2017 23:14
Donald Trump and Co McTAVGE International affairs/politics 1531 28.09.2016 09:22


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 23:16.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0