Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Off-Topic > Off-Topic > International affairs/politics  
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1301  
Old 10.01.2011, 16:40
hoppy
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Israel - Palestine - Part 2

Quote:
View Post
If you call Switzerland Europe, then I must agree with you, but:

Don't know whether you believe wiki, there they have a little more accurate statistics then the Vancouver Sun.
Nearly once a month, in France alone, attacks are made on Jews by Muslims. For what?
Maybe try this
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/06/wo....19125259.html
or this
http://theboulevardgirl.blogspot.com...in-europe.html
One could carry on & on.
Let's not be so blind to reality.
History repeats itself over & over again, only some people believe what they see with their limited sight, is cleverer then many years of documented facts to which they have not been privy.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisemitism
The Muslim attacks on innocent Jews and synagogues are despicable, not what the mainstream Muslim is about, just an extension of the antisemitism rife in Europe. Please read the statement below:
http://www.adamscenter.org/Media/Art...Terrorism.aspx
however this thread is supposed to be limited to Israel- Palestine. If you look through the other threads you will find many that deal more specifically wiht the topic of Muslims in Europe
  #1302  
Old 10.01.2011, 16:48
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Rafz
Posts: 123
Groaned at 48 Times in 22 Posts
Thanked 33 Times in 27 Posts
Custodian is considered a nuisanceCustodian is considered a nuisanceCustodian is considered a nuisance
Re: Israel - Palestine - Part 2

Quote:
View Post
We're discussing terrorist attacks as reported in the
European Union's Terrorism Situation and Trend Report 2010.

Again, you should read the article before commenting.
Sorry, I thought we were discussing Re: Israel - Palestine - Part 2
  #1303  
Old 10.01.2011, 16:53
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Rafz
Posts: 123
Groaned at 48 Times in 22 Posts
Thanked 33 Times in 27 Posts
Custodian is considered a nuisanceCustodian is considered a nuisanceCustodian is considered a nuisance
Re: Israel - Palestine - Part 2

Quote:
View Post
The Muslim attacks on innocent Jews and synagogues are despicable, not what the mainstream Muslim is about, just an extension of the antisemitism rife in Europe. Please read the statement below:
http://www.adamscenter.org/Media/Art...Terrorism.aspx
however this thread is supposed to be limited to Israel- Palestine. If you look through the other threads you will find many that deal more specifically wiht the topic of Muslims in Europe
Please let me know how you define what "mainstream Muslim is about"

The attacks are done in the name of the atrocities done by the Israelis against the Palestinians & I thought that's what this thread is about.
  #1304  
Old 10.01.2011, 17:02
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Rafz
Posts: 123
Groaned at 48 Times in 22 Posts
Thanked 33 Times in 27 Posts
Custodian is considered a nuisanceCustodian is considered a nuisanceCustodian is considered a nuisance
Re: Israel - Palestine - Part 2

Quote:
View Post
I dare say that there is some truth in that, but if aggressors would stop killing them, poisoning them stealing their land, destroying their livelihood, then maybe they wouldn't resort to suicide bombings.

The truth is in the numbers- what is it? - 100 Arabs for every 1 Israeli?

Anyway according to the Muslim haters the numebr is 72 you should check with your colleagues, they are the ones coming up with the number and it sounds like they are getting pretty miffed about not getting the same deal.

Personally I am not that obsessed with counting virgins
so when someone breaks into your home tonight & puts a loaded gun to your head, and you manage to overpower him & take his gun etc. you are the agressor.
Have the Israelis started ONE of these wars?
Have they acted ONCE without provocation?
Come on, see the facts!
  #1305  
Old 10.01.2011, 17:07
Gastro Gnome's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 3,553
Groaned at 49 Times in 35 Posts
Thanked 2,856 Times in 1,550 Posts
Gastro Gnome has a reputation beyond reputeGastro Gnome has a reputation beyond reputeGastro Gnome has a reputation beyond reputeGastro Gnome has a reputation beyond reputeGastro Gnome has a reputation beyond reputeGastro Gnome has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Israel - Palestine - Part 2

Quote:
View Post
Sorry, I thought we were discussing Re: Israel - Palestine - Part 2
You started talking about Mosques in London and Sydney and were trying to imply a wider conflict. I'm saying that the conflict in Israel and Palestine is particular in character and that we don't really have a related problem in Europe.
  #1306  
Old 10.01.2011, 17:13
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Rafz
Posts: 123
Groaned at 48 Times in 22 Posts
Thanked 33 Times in 27 Posts
Custodian is considered a nuisanceCustodian is considered a nuisanceCustodian is considered a nuisance
Re: Israel - Palestine - Part 2

Quote:
View Post
You started talking about Mosques in London and Sydney and were trying to imply a wider conflict. I'm saying that the conflict in Israel and Palestine is particular in character and that we don't really have a related problem in Europe.
You have the last word!
  #1307  
Old 10.01.2011, 17:26
hoppy
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Israel - Palestine - Part 2

Quote:
View Post
Please let me know how you define what "mainstream Muslim is about"

The attacks are done in the name of the atrocities done by the Israelis against the Palestinians & I thought that's what this thread is about.
You are right the mainstream Muslim, just like the mainstream Jew or Christian, doesn't really exist. However I do think that in most of the main religions there is a body that is moderate in its views.

The thread is about Palestine-Israel, obviously I am anti -Likud, pro Jewish, and was anti-Israel. I believe that Jews should be allowed to live freely in any country, but with regard to the holocaust (and, ahem, continued world-wide antisemitism) realize why they do not trust the world and want their own country. Just a shame to me that the Brits had to give them a part of Palestine! OK, so then I accepted that, but now they want all of Palestine? They act illegally and backed by US money have amassed an impressive army replete with a gigantic illegal nuclear arsenal that threatens the stability of the Middle East? They have already bombed Syria- who's next Iran? They keep threatening other countries.
Iran has, at most, one bomb that they could send to Tel Aviv, Israel has enough to literally wipe Iran and probably a good percentage of the Middle East off the map. So , please give up trying to play Israel the victim.

Jews are victims, Israel/ Likud?- nooooo!
This user would like to thank for this useful post:
  #1308  
Old 10.01.2011, 17:31
Nil's Avatar
Nil Nil is offline
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Basel
Posts: 10,359
Groaned at 428 Times in 333 Posts
Thanked 16,045 Times in 6,322 Posts
Nil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Israel - Palestine - Part 2

Quote:
View Post
Maybe b4 you write so easily you ask someone familiar with the koran.
Now maybe you should begin to do that yourself, because apparently you show no sign of someone who knows what he talks about!

Ps: You can have my Quran if you want, I already read it!
  #1309  
Old 10.01.2011, 17:37
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Rafz
Posts: 123
Groaned at 48 Times in 22 Posts
Thanked 33 Times in 27 Posts
Custodian is considered a nuisanceCustodian is considered a nuisanceCustodian is considered a nuisance
Re: Israel - Palestine - Part 2

Quote:
View Post
Now maybe you should begin to do that yourself, because apparently you show no sign of someone who knows what he talks about!

Ps: You can have my Quran if you want, I already read it!
Thanks, but I don't like presents.

Maybe the one youve got has been censored?

Kill the Infidels, Surah 9:5
"fight and slay the pagans (or infidels or unbelievers) wherever you find them?"

Just because you are not an Infidel, it doesnt mean the rest of non Muslims are not!
  #1310  
Old 10.01.2011, 17:39
Nil's Avatar
Nil Nil is offline
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Basel
Posts: 10,359
Groaned at 428 Times in 333 Posts
Thanked 16,045 Times in 6,322 Posts
Nil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Israel - Palestine - Part 2

Quote:
View Post
Thanks, but I don't like presents.

Maybe the one youve got has been censored?

Kill the Infidels, Surah 9:5
"fight and slay the pagans (or infidels or unbelievers) wherever you find them?"

Just because you are not an Infidel, it doesnt mean the rest of non Muslims are not!
Don't worry, you are on my list!
  #1311  
Old 10.01.2011, 17:40
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Rafz
Posts: 123
Groaned at 48 Times in 22 Posts
Thanked 33 Times in 27 Posts
Custodian is considered a nuisanceCustodian is considered a nuisanceCustodian is considered a nuisance
Re: Israel - Palestine - Part 2

Quote:
View Post
Now maybe you should begin to do that yourself, because apparently you show no sign of someone who knows what he talks about!

Ps: You can have my Quran if you want, I already read it!
http://www.newwave.net/~haught/Koran.html

This also not in yours which you have read.
Am I falling for false quotations?

Quote:
View Post
Don't worry, you are on my list!
This also incorrect?

O believers, take not Jews and Christians as friends; they are friends of each other. Those of you who make them his friends is one of them. God does not guide an unjust people. - 5:54

When the sacred months are over, slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Arrest them, besiege them, and lie in ambush everywhere for them. - 9:5

Quote:
View Post
Now maybe you should begin to do that yourself, because apparently you show no sign of someone who knows what he talks about!

Ps: You can have my Quran if you want, I already read it!
This also?

O Prophet! Make war on the unbelievers and the hypocrites. Be harsh with them. Their ultimate abode is hell, a hapless journey's end. - 9:73

Waiting for your info where I have gone wrong!

Last edited by vwild1; 10.01.2011 at 19:43. Reason: merged 3 successive posts into 1
  #1312  
Old 10.01.2011, 17:48
hoppy
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Israel - Palestine - Part 2

Mine's a translation, although of curse we have the family Koran under wraps. Here's a list of translated Korans:

http://www.soundvision.com/Info/quran/english.asp
  #1313  
Old 10.01.2011, 17:49
hoppy
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Israel - Palestine - Part 2

Quote:
View Post
This also?

O Prophet! Make war on the unbelievers and the hypocrites. Be harsh with them. Their ultimate abode is hell, a hapless journey's end. - 9:73

Waiting for your info where I have gone wrong!
Oh no- I have to look this up? OK-give me the Surrah please make it in Roman numerals.

I think I found it- XXXVII Surrah Ya sin?
  #1314  
Old 10.01.2011, 17:49
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Rafz
Posts: 123
Groaned at 48 Times in 22 Posts
Thanked 33 Times in 27 Posts
Custodian is considered a nuisanceCustodian is considered a nuisanceCustodian is considered a nuisance
Re: Israel - Palestine - Part 2

Quote:
View Post
Don't worry, you are on my list!
Thanks, looking forward
  #1315  
Old 10.01.2011, 17:52
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Rafz
Posts: 123
Groaned at 48 Times in 22 Posts
Thanked 33 Times in 27 Posts
Custodian is considered a nuisanceCustodian is considered a nuisanceCustodian is considered a nuisance
Re: Israel - Palestine - Part 2

Quote:
View Post
Mine's a translation, although of curse we have the family Koran under wraps. Here's a list of translated Korans:

http://www.soundvision.com/Info/quran/english.asp
was that a slip of the finger or ......................?
  #1316  
Old 10.01.2011, 17:53
Lejoker's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lausanne
Posts: 570
Groaned at 20 Times in 12 Posts
Thanked 284 Times in 180 Posts
Lejoker has no particular reputation at present
Re: Israel - Palestine - Part 2

Quote:
View Post
This also?

O Prophet! Make war on the unbelievers and the hypocrites. Be harsh with them. Their ultimate abode is hell, a hapless journey's end. - 9:73

Waiting for your info where I have gone wrong!
Obviously, if it is talking to the prophet of Islam who has died 1300 yrs ago it must be taken in its historical context, which goes back to 1300 yrs ago...did it occur to you that maybe the "unbelievers" and the ''hypocrites" may have transgressed a covenant between them and the muslims at the time? or maybe they have initiated aggression? you're the one educating us laymen here about aggression and self-defence...
  #1317  
Old 10.01.2011, 18:00
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Rafz
Posts: 123
Groaned at 48 Times in 22 Posts
Thanked 33 Times in 27 Posts
Custodian is considered a nuisanceCustodian is considered a nuisanceCustodian is considered a nuisance
Re: Israel - Palestine - Part 2

Quote:
View Post
Obviously, if it is talking to the prophet of Islam who has died 1300 yrs ago it must be taken in its historical context, which goes back to 1300 yrs ago...did it occur to you that maybe the "unbelievers" and the ''hypocrites" may have transgressed a covenant between them and the muslims at the time? or maybe they have initiated aggression? you're the one educating us laymen here about aggression and self-defence...
Nothing "occurs" to me.
Every single time you fly anywhere do you have to go through security?
What for? Maybe your young, but I am old enough to remember when there was no such thing.
Imagine what a pleasure, going onto a plane without having to nearly get undressed in front of dozens of people.
Millions of us. Every single day. Why are we all subjected to this?
Only because of the Israel - Palestine conflict.
With instructions from the Koran.
This user groans at Custodian for this post:
  #1318  
Old 10.01.2011, 18:01
hoppy
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Israel - Palestine - Part 2

C'mon custodian, you're slow I am checking averyone of these so-called Infidel passages from hate sites in my Koran, Which surah? If you are having problems I suggest go to the hate sites ( like me) get the Surrahs and the lines info, then check it in your copy of the Koran- I'm waiting.....
  #1319  
Old 10.01.2011, 18:04
hoppy
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Israel - Palestine - Part 2



Still waiting....
  #1320  
Old 10.01.2011, 18:06
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Rafz
Posts: 123
Groaned at 48 Times in 22 Posts
Thanked 33 Times in 27 Posts
Custodian is considered a nuisanceCustodian is considered a nuisanceCustodian is considered a nuisance
Re: Israel - Palestine - Part 2

Quote:
View Post
C'mon custodian, you're slow I am checking averyone of these so-called Infidel passages from hate sites in my Koran, Which surah? If you are having problems I suggest go to the hate sites ( like me) get the Surrahs and the lines info, then check it in your copy of the Koran- I'm waiting.....
Do I understand you correctly, all what I have quoted is incorrect, not in the Koran?
If so I apologise to you & everyone who has read my humbug and bid you all good evening.
This user groans at Custodian for this post:
Closed Thread

Tags
arabs, israel, jews, levant, log off, middle east, palestanians and israeli, palestine, peace, pointless thread




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Happy Birthday Israel Pashosh International affairs/politics 88 30.04.2010 09:14
Israel - Palestine, when will it end Russkov International affairs/politics 1320 05.11.2009 08:29
Replay Revenge - Israel Palestine satire documentary jrspet International affairs/politics 0 02.01.2009 01:55


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 00:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0