Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Introductions  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 25.02.2011, 15:28
En1gma's Avatar
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Zug
Posts: 15
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 15 Times in 9 Posts
En1gma has no particular reputation at present
Canadian in St. Gallen

Hi everyone,

I am a recently married 23 year old Torontonian living in St. Gallen. I moved out here to be with my (non-swiss) husband and am currently looking for a job or something to keep me busy.
I love to read and travel and do dabble a bit in sports (if you count skating and badminton as sports). It would be great to meet other english-speakers here in St. Gallen!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 26.02.2011, 10:12
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: St. Gallen
Posts: 9
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
jez1187 has no particular reputation at present
Re: Canadian in St. Gallen

Welcome to St. Gallen! I'm from Pittsburgh, also 23 and in St. Gallen. Love traveling to Toronto! What part are you from?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 26.02.2011, 19:54
kirley10's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: zurich
Posts: 67
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 49 Times in 20 Posts
kirley10 has no particular reputation at present
Re: Canadian in St. Gallen

Welcome to EF and Switzerland, nice to know there are more Canadians added to the ranks. Keep this form in your bookmarks, it is very helpful, especially if you are looking for things to do during the day. There are some great links to information on hiking, swimming and ski areas. You are in a very beautiful part of Switzerland as well. Enjoy.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 26.02.2011, 21:59
En1gma's Avatar
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Zug
Posts: 15
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 15 Times in 9 Posts
En1gma has no particular reputation at present
Re: Canadian in St. Gallen

Quote:
View Post
Welcome to St. Gallen! I'm from Pittsburgh, also 23 and in St. Gallen. Love traveling to Toronto! What part are you from?
I grew up mostly in Markham but I practically lived at UofT downtown during my undergrad

Quote:
View Post
Welcome to EF and Switzerland, nice to know there are more Canadians added to the ranks. Keep this form in your bookmarks, it is very helpful, especially if you are looking for things to do during the day. There are some great links to information on hiking, swimming and ski areas. You are in a very beautiful part of Switzerland as well. Enjoy.
Thanks! St. Gallen and the surrounding areas are very pretty. And yes, I've gotten a lot out of this forum and I hope I can contribute as much.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 27.02.2011, 17:18
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: St. Gallen
Posts: 9
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
jez1187 has no particular reputation at present
Re: Canadian in St. Gallen

Not sure where Markham is. I'm usually in town or in the Burlington area. Are you a hockey fan? If you're interested in meeting up some time, send me a message
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04.05.2011, 23:31
cannut's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: canada
Posts: 6,913
Groaned at 182 Times in 142 Posts
Thanked 6,191 Times in 3,404 Posts
cannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Canadian in St. Gallen

Quote:
View Post
Not sure where Markham is. I'm usually in town or in the Burlington area. Are you a hockey fan? If you're interested in meeting up some time, send me a message
Toronto dosen`t have a hockey team ,Ottawa has
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06.05.2011, 08:46
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: St. Gallen
Posts: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nicole Stambach has no particular reputation at present
Re: Canadian in St. Gallen

Hello, we are Swiss, but spent the last two years in Toronto and we loved it! We came back 10 days ago. We have two kids 4 and 6 years old and I would love for them to find other english speaking kids to play with. I guess you do not have kids?



Quote:
View Post
Hi everyone,

I am a recently married 23 year old Torontonian living in St. Gallen. I moved out here to be with my (non-swiss) husband and am currently looking for a job or something to keep me busy.
I love to read and travel and do dabble a bit in sports (if you count skating and badminton as sports). It would be great to meet other english-speakers here in St. Gallen!
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Canadian visa Molula General off-topic 7 25.09.2012 17:05
Canadian in Lausanne Melissa22 Introductions 5 10.09.2008 09:42
23/m , Swiss-Canadian k3vi0 Introductions 5 21.03.2008 08:57
Canadian in Zurich Matlat Introductions 19 15.09.2007 19:28
Canadian eh! Prairie Girl Introductions 5 09.08.2007 16:33


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0