Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Introductions  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 28.05.2011, 10:56
SimiZH's Avatar
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: CH-8050
Posts: 15
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
SimiZH has made some interesting contributions
Intro :)

Hi Everyone, Im Simon. Just moved from SW London to Zurich. Moved here with my partner who is Swiss. 28yrs old, completely love the change, glad to be somewhat out of the smoke, however am missing certain aspects and friends. Looking forward to the prospect of making new one' s though. Just thought i would introduce myself!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 28.05.2011, 11:11
stephanienie's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: aargau
Posts: 473
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 283 Times in 144 Posts
stephanienie has an excellent reputationstephanienie has an excellent reputationstephanienie has an excellent reputationstephanienie has an excellent reputation
Re: Intro :)

Hello and welcome to EF. Im inked too
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank stephanienie for this useful post:
  #3  
Old 30.05.2011, 10:26
SimiZH's Avatar
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: CH-8050
Posts: 15
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
SimiZH has made some interesting contributions
Re: Intro :)

Cool, I have quite a bit going on, maybe you can recommend somewhere here in Zurich?

I was having alot of mine done at Happy Sailor in Shorditch, London, found they were great there!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 30.05.2011, 10:46
stephanienie's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: aargau
Posts: 473
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 283 Times in 144 Posts
stephanienie has an excellent reputationstephanienie has an excellent reputationstephanienie has an excellent reputationstephanienie has an excellent reputation
Re: Intro :)

Sorry didnt get any ink from here yet. But i might soon. Also looking around regarding that.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 30.05.2011, 21:40
matiasmiceli's Avatar
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Basel
Posts: 10
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
matiasmiceli has no particular reputation at present
Re: Intro :)

Welcome to Switzerland, Simon!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 30.05.2011, 23:31
sarel's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Zürich
Posts: 358
Groaned at 12 Times in 7 Posts
Thanked 293 Times in 160 Posts
sarel has an excellent reputationsarel has an excellent reputationsarel has an excellent reputationsarel has an excellent reputation
Re: Intro :)

Quote:
View Post
Sorry didnt get any ink from here yet. But i might soon. Also looking around regarding that.
Hello and welcome!

Here a good inking place:
www.schmerzcocktail.ch
the website isn't special, you have to go by and see for your self...
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank sarel for this useful post:
  #7  
Old 02.06.2011, 10:44
SimiZH's Avatar
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: CH-8050
Posts: 15
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
SimiZH has made some interesting contributions
Re: Intro :)

Thanks for the link, will pop in and see them next week. Still settling in here is Switzerland, trying to make my way round all the trams, buses and trains, learning all the names, slightly overwhelmed, but am already getting use to it. Time will tell :0)
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02.06.2011, 11:44
Chrisso's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmensdorf, ZH
Posts: 562
Groaned at 30 Times in 19 Posts
Thanked 432 Times in 203 Posts
Chrisso has a reputation beyond reputeChrisso has a reputation beyond reputeChrisso has a reputation beyond reputeChrisso has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Intro :)

G'day from a fellow inker. I'm in the middle of getting a leg piece done. I have my fifth session on Monday. To be honest I'm not so happy with the service and the artistic interest. I wanted some artistic inspiration from the artist but I seemed to be the only one putting ideas forward. So 2nd Skin in Niederdorf in Zurich I wouldn't openly recommend... Not to mention 200 Francs an hour !!!

Anyways welcome to CH and here's to a wicked, wicked summer...
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Chrisso for this useful post:
  #9  
Old 02.06.2011, 11:59
stephanienie's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: aargau
Posts: 473
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 283 Times in 144 Posts
stephanienie has an excellent reputationstephanienie has an excellent reputationstephanienie has an excellent reputationstephanienie has an excellent reputation
Re: Intro :)

I started a tattoo group here and you are welcome to join and/or put updates there regarding tattoos. Or just share here, thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02.06.2011, 12:23
SimiZH's Avatar
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: CH-8050
Posts: 15
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
SimiZH has made some interesting contributions
Re: Intro :)

Thanks for all your input guys, I really appreciate it.

I would say at this moment in time I'm roughly 35/40 percent covered including a facial tattoo, and hands (big steps i know)

Ive had some bad ones and some really good ones, One soon to be in skin-deep. Ive found that by being a little pushy with regards to seeing portfolios is not a bad thing, and if the artist takes offence, then he isnt the right person to tattoo you let alone be a tattoo artist. It is your perogative to see their previous work, after all these are permanent markings. (You may find some tattooists dont like doing black work, some dont like doing colour) Their is no point getting them to do something they cant visualise or have any motivation to do thier best. So ive found just be blatent and ask them.

I dont know if you know what i mean, but generally you can get a good/bad feeling as soon as you walk in a studio. Sometimes gut feeling should be heeded,,,,well at least ive found LOL

Attached Thumbnails
intro-photo-7.jpg  
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02.06.2011, 12:25
SimiZH's Avatar
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: CH-8050
Posts: 15
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
SimiZH has made some interesting contributions
Re: Intro :)

Many Thanks for your greetings!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02.06.2011, 18:07
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 13
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
jsnivas has no particular reputation at present
Re: Intro :)

Hello and welcome to EF
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02.06.2011, 18:37
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: London, UK
Posts: 63
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 54 Times in 18 Posts
IanSmithUK has earned some respectIanSmithUK has earned some respect
Re: Intro :)

Quote:
View Post
Hi Everyone, Im Simon. Just moved from SW London to Zurich.
Me too. I live in Stockwell although I tell everyone I'm from Clapham ;-) Been here my first week but don't start work until Monday which will be the real test I guess. Like you, struggling with the language (think I'm going to have to find the money to start learning German) and odd place names but have managed to avoid getting lost so far. Buying a decent map (spiral-bound book at 1:15000 scale) has been a great help.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02.06.2011, 19:51
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Wallisellen
Posts: 2
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
u7547850 has no particular reputation at present
Introduction

My name is Rosaria, I just moved from NY to Zurich with my husband who is Swiss and our two sons (24 months and 4 months). I am currently living in Wallisellen and looking to meet stay mom in that area to bound and recommend German classes.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03.06.2011, 18:21
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Basel, Switzerland
Posts: 102
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 23 Times in 16 Posts
Lil'Angel has made some interesting contributions
Re: Intro :)

Quote:
View Post
Hi Everyone, Im Simon. Just moved from SW London to Zurich. Moved here with my partner who is Swiss. 28yrs old, completely love the change, glad to be somewhat out of the smoke, however am missing certain aspects and friends. Looking forward to the prospect of making new one' s though. Just thought i would introduce myself!

Hi, Welcome to Switzerland and sunny climes... my daughter and I are moving out in July to be with my hubby... very excited. Wish you all the luck with making lots of friends and above all have fun.
I have found Switzerland to be very friendly and i hope it remains once we are settled too. Good Luck
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03.06.2011, 18:29
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Basel, Switzerland
Posts: 102
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 23 Times in 16 Posts
Lil'Angel has made some interesting contributions
Re: Intro :)

Quote:
View Post
Thanks for all your input guys, I really appreciate it.

I would say at this moment in time I'm roughly 35/40 percent covered including a facial tattoo, and hands (big steps i know)

Ive had some bad ones and some really good ones, One soon to be in skin-deep. Ive found that by being a little pushy with regards to seeing portfolios is not a bad thing, and if the artist takes offence, then he isnt the right person to tattoo you let alone be a tattoo artist. It is your perogative to see their previous work, after all these are permanent markings. (You may find some tattooists dont like doing black work, some dont like doing colour) Their is no point getting them to do something they cant visualise or have any motivation to do thier best. So ive found just be blatent and ask them.

I dont know if you know what i mean, but generally you can get a good/bad feeling as soon as you walk in a studio. Sometimes gut feeling should be heeded,,,,well at least ive found LOL
Wow your tattoo looks really great from what i can see. My hubby is covered in them too!! its an adictive past time but great fun.. Ive had my back done and am now planning on the next project as is hubby too! wish us luck. Got to try and find an amazing tattooist in or around Basel if not then its back to blighty to our guy in East Sussex. I do def agree that you get a feeling as soon as you enter the studio. Have to go with your gut sometimes. Def ask loads of questions and see lots of work and never feel presured into having something done you really dont want. Sarah
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03.06.2011, 19:15
SimiZH's Avatar
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: CH-8050
Posts: 15
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
SimiZH has made some interesting contributions
Re: Intro :)

Quote:
View Post
Hi, Welcome to Switzerland and sunny climes... my daughter and I are moving out in July to be with my hubby... very excited. Wish you all the luck with making lots of friends and above all have fun.
I have found Switzerland to be very friendly and i hope it remains once we are settled too. Good Luck
Hi, All the best with your move, hope it all goes smoothly and well!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03.06.2011, 19:17
SimiZH's Avatar
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: CH-8050
Posts: 15
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
SimiZH has made some interesting contributions
Re: Intro :)

Quote:
View Post
Me too. I live in Stockwell although I tell everyone I'm from Clapham ;-) Been here my first week but don't start work until Monday which will be the real test I guess. Like you, struggling with the language (think I'm going to have to find the money to start learning German) and odd place names but have managed to avoid getting lost so far. Buying a decent map (spiral-bound book at 1:15000 scale) has been a great help.
Hi Ian, I was also from Stockwell and yes i also said I was from Clapham, Although i probably was more Clapham than Stockwell haha
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Intro murray5 Introductions 4 22.09.2008 21:41
Intro jonip Introductions 1 22.01.2008 15:52
Intro the 4th tenor Introductions 1 18.01.2008 17:01
Intro Celtictwist Introductions 0 08.12.2007 12:34
Intro...hi everybody drfeelgood Introductions 2 27.09.2007 23:24


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 13:46.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0