Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Introductions  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 21.08.2011, 17:25
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: CH
Posts: 42
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
serendipitybb has no particular reputation at present
Hello Efers!

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum.
Thank coconut for introducing this section to me!

I was originally from Asia and studied in the USA for a few years. I've recently moved to CH with my family.
I like sports, travel, movies, and making friends.
I currently stay at home taking care of my 2-year old. I got my Ph.D. in the USA and now I am looking for post doc position in Zurich or Basel. My background is biochemistry and cell biology. If anybody happens to know any labs need to recruit post doc recently, please let me know.

It is my first time to use an English forum. One reason is this forum is popular in English community at CH, another reason I want to increase the daily chance of using English to further improve my English.

It is my pleasure to meet you in here!
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank serendipitybb for this useful post:
  #2  
Old 21.08.2011, 17:35
coconut's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Zurichberg
Posts: 738
Groaned at 12 Times in 10 Posts
Thanked 1,000 Times in 405 Posts
coconut has a reputation beyond reputecoconut has a reputation beyond reputecoconut has a reputation beyond reputecoconut has a reputation beyond reputecoconut has a reputation beyond reputecoconut has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hello Efers!

just found out you have a 2 year old, huh! I have a 23 months old and 9 months old both boys, we should meet for a playdate with the kids. Formally welcome to EF.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 21.08.2011, 20:37
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: CH
Posts: 42
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
serendipitybb has no particular reputation at present
Re: Hello Efers!

Quote:
View Post
just found out you have a 2 year old, huh! I have a 23 months old and 9 months old both boys, we should meet for a playdate with the kids. Formally welcome to EF.
Awesome!
I do not live exactly in Zurich, but not too far. We can meet in some weekend or even week day. My schedule is very open since I do not work at this moment.
Where are you from? Do you also have a self intro in this section?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 21.08.2011, 20:39
Meisie's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Amriswil - Thurgau
Posts: 1,691
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 1,262 Times in 584 Posts
Meisie has a reputation beyond reputeMeisie has a reputation beyond reputeMeisie has a reputation beyond reputeMeisie has a reputation beyond reputeMeisie has a reputation beyond reputeMeisie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hello Efers!

Welcome to the forum
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 21.08.2011, 22:12
coconut's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Zurichberg
Posts: 738
Groaned at 12 Times in 10 Posts
Thanked 1,000 Times in 405 Posts
coconut has a reputation beyond reputecoconut has a reputation beyond reputecoconut has a reputation beyond reputecoconut has a reputation beyond reputecoconut has a reputation beyond reputecoconut has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hello Efers!

Quote:
View Post
Awesome!
I do not live exactly in Zurich, but not too far. We can meet in some weekend or even week day. My schedule is very open since I do not work at this moment.
Where are you from? Do you also have a self intro in this section?
Sure, we can plan something.
Yes I do, is this one . and felt really nice all the warm welcome that some Efers gave me.
Well looking forward to meeting you someday, now i wont be around (too much) because i will go to mexico to visit my family and ill be back in october and we can plan the playdates.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 22.08.2011, 16:02
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: CH
Posts: 42
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
serendipitybb has no particular reputation at present
Re: Hello Efers!

Quote:
View Post
Welcome to the forum
Thank you Meisie? Do you also have an intro? May I see it? I want to know more about you.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 22.08.2011, 16:03
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: CH
Posts: 42
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
serendipitybb has no particular reputation at present
Re: Hello Efers!

Quote:
View Post
Sure, we can plan something.
Yes I do, is this one . and felt really nice all the warm welcome that some Efers gave me.
Well looking forward to meeting you someday, now i wont be around (too much) because i will go to mexico to visit my family and ill be back in october and we can plan the playdates.
Have a nice trip back home! Let's plan some events after you are back.
I just read your intro, you can do pretty nails. Awesome!~
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 22.08.2011, 16:36
colinwheeler's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Gersau
Posts: 998
Groaned at 16 Times in 13 Posts
Thanked 872 Times in 440 Posts
colinwheeler has a reputation beyond reputecolinwheeler has a reputation beyond reputecolinwheeler has a reputation beyond reputecolinwheeler has a reputation beyond reputecolinwheeler has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hello Efers!

Quote:
View Post
I got my Ph.D. in the USA and now I am looking for post doc position in Zurich or Basel. My background is biochemistry and cell biology.
Greetings and welcome to the forum.

Just a little tip. A good friend of mine who had her Ph.D. but no commercial experience had a very hard time finding a job working here in her field (genetics). Make sure that you highlight commercial experience as much as possible. If you don't have any it might be a challenge as generally most Swiss companies pay scales have a lot to do with qualification levels.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 25.08.2011, 16:46
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Basel
Posts: 30
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
ThirdCultureKidsMummy has earned some respectThirdCultureKidsMummy has earned some respect
Re: Hello Efers!

Hey welcome from me too! Though I am more form the Basel side. Your work sounds interesting. Where were you originally from in Asia?

I was born in Singapore, therefore the interest. :-)
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 26.08.2011, 17:12
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: CH
Posts: 42
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
serendipitybb has no particular reputation at present
Re: Hello Efers!

Quote:
View Post
Greetings and welcome to the forum.

Just a little tip. A good friend of mine who had her Ph.D. but no commercial experience had a very hard time finding a job working here in her field (genetics). Make sure that you highlight commercial experience as much as possible. If you don't have any it might be a challenge as generally most Swiss companies pay scales have a lot to do with qualification levels.
Thank you so much for sharing it!
Nice to meet you in here!
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank serendipitybb for this useful post:
  #11  
Old 26.08.2011, 17:13
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: CH
Posts: 42
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
serendipitybb has no particular reputation at present
Re: Hello Efers!

Quote:
View Post
Hey welcome from me too! Though I am more form the Basel side. Your work sounds interesting. Where were you originally from in Asia?

I was born in Singapore, therefore the interest. :-)
Nice to meet you!
I was born in China.
Have a nice weekend!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 26.08.2011, 17:14
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: CH
Posts: 42
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
serendipitybb has no particular reputation at present
Re: Hello Efers!

Quote:
View Post
Hey welcome from me too! Though I am more form the Basel side. Your work sounds interesting. Where were you originally from in Asia?

I was born in Singapore, therefore the interest. :-)
BTW, I live close to Baden actually.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EFers, any English Clubs in Winterthur? FriendlyKiwi Daily life 5 02.04.2011 22:29
Happy New Year 2011 EFers! olygirl General off-topic 37 03.01.2011 14:13
Hello EFers watchmaker Introductions 10 14.11.2010 23:29
Meeting EFers at the Market nickatbasel Daily life 3 24.06.2010 00:55
Why are EFers so bellicose? mirfield General off-topic 23 02.04.2010 18:58


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0