Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Introductions  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 24.08.2011, 23:14
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 51
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 10 Times in 4 Posts
sunni has no particular reputation at present
Integration primaryschool in Binningen

Helloo all, I'm new on here I really want to find out about the Integration schools in Binningen - is there only one school? As today I was told that the school in Binningen has no places for my 9 and 6 year old. I am a bit confused that there is only one primary school in binningen that offers German as a second language integration? Surely there are more? but there is absolutely no information on the internet about individual schools in the area (like in the UK - where every school has its own website!) I would really appreciate any advice on the Integration schools in Binningen - and swiss primary schools in general.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 24.08.2011, 23:16
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Integration primaryschool in Binningen

Welcome to the forum!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 24.08.2011, 23:22
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 51
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 10 Times in 4 Posts
sunni has no particular reputation at present
Re: Integration primaryschool in Binningen

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 25.08.2011, 08:03
mimi1981's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: London, previously Basel
Posts: 3,773
Groaned at 21 Times in 19 Posts
Thanked 5,792 Times in 2,173 Posts
mimi1981 has a reputation beyond reputemimi1981 has a reputation beyond reputemimi1981 has a reputation beyond reputemimi1981 has a reputation beyond reputemimi1981 has a reputation beyond reputemimi1981 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Integration primaryschool in Binningen

Four posts so far asking the same question in 3 of them

OP: repeating your question several times in different threads is unlikely to get you any quicker response. Someone is bound to be along shortly with some answers for you.

Good luck with getting your kids integrated into school.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 25.08.2011, 09:40
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Integration primaryschool in Binningen

Quote:
View Post
Helloo all, I'm new on here I really want to find out about the Integration schools in Binningen - is there only one school? As today I was told that the school in Binningen has no places for my 9 and 6 year old. I am a bit confused that there is only one primary school in binningen that offers German as a second language integration? Surely there are more? but there is absolutely no information on the internet about individual schools in the area (like in the UK - where every school has its own website!) I would really appreciate any advice on the Integration schools in Binningen - and swiss primary schools in general.
Did the school itself tell you there were no places for your children? Usually, a state school has to take kids if they move to the area, or at least accommodate them somehow. In your children's case, the extra German lessons would be needed so I find it odd that they have point blank refused your kids to this particular school.

Can you contact them directly? If you are moving here because of work, perhaps the HR department can help you out.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 25.08.2011, 10:09
swissbob
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Integration primaryschool in Binningen

Quote:
Did the school itself tell you there were no places for your children? Usually, a state school has to take kids if they move to the area, or at least accommodate them somehow.

Not if they are unable to offer the additional language lessons required for integration - SG were unable to offer my 14 year old a place when we first moved here - she received no schooling at all for several months.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 25.08.2011, 10:25
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Integration primaryschool in Binningen

Quote:
View Post
Not if they are unable to offer the additional language lessons required for integration - SG were unable to offer my 14 year old a place when we first moved here - she received no schooling at all for several months.
In which case, if the OP is coming here because of the job, perhaps the HR department can help out with settling them in an international school? Seems a bit poor that they have just left the family to work it all out for themselves.

Of course, I'm just guessing that the OP is coming here through work but without further information it's hard to give any realistic suggestions.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GP recommendation in Binningen (Baselland) Foxinthesnow Family matters/health 2 22.07.2011 10:44
English speaking Pediatrician in Binningen Magpie Family matters/health 5 23.06.2011 20:05
Horse Riding in Basel (PSZ Binningen) morrigana Sports / Fitness / Beauty / Wellness 13 17.01.2011 12:26


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0