Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Introductions  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 20.09.2011, 16:50
LuisGomez's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Winkel near Zurich Airport
Posts: 53
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 38 Times in 20 Posts
LuisGomez has no particular reputation at present
Re: Hello everyone

Quote:
View Post
Pssssst Carrie........ Ever tried chatting up "Young Local Beauties" with Physics?

ain't gunna work.


I'm surprised he's already got a hit with something about Tigers and shit above.

let the man run with it.



Now this is a true story... Richard Feynman taught himself to play the bongos to meet women in bars.

And we are talking about a physicist who proposed revolutionary ideas such as antiparticles traveling backwards in time.....

I play the bongos (Well, I try. Got my 25CHF bongos from Aldi) but somehow astrology comes more natural
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 20.09.2011, 17:03
LuisGomez's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Winkel near Zurich Airport
Posts: 53
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 38 Times in 20 Posts
LuisGomez has no particular reputation at present
Re: Hello everyone

Quote:
View Post
Nice intro, welcome to the forum!
Hi Federica, Thank you.....

So, May 9... Taurus....

Martial arts... Very interesting... (Aikido?)

German Man... I am astonish at their build and its so natural for them. Most come with natural six-packs... while we have to go to Denner to get them

cheers.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 20.09.2011, 17:10
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: USA, former Zurich
Posts: 2,041
Groaned at 14 Times in 14 Posts
Thanked 4,811 Times in 1,660 Posts
BokerTov has a reputation beyond reputeBokerTov has a reputation beyond reputeBokerTov has a reputation beyond reputeBokerTov has a reputation beyond reputeBokerTov has a reputation beyond reputeBokerTov has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hello everyone

Quote:
So, May 9... Taurus....
Yes. As stubborn as you can get, children of Venus and lovers of life's finest pleasures - or so I have been told, I admit I don't know much about astrology

Quote:
Martial arts... Very interesting... (Aikido?)
Aikido now, Kuk Sool Won (Korean) the last 4 years.

Quote:
German Men... I am astonish at their build and its so natural for them. Most come with natural six-packs... while we have to go to Denner to get them
Just practicing my Hoch Deutsch...

Quote:
cheers
Cheers to you!
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank BokerTov for this useful post:
  #24  
Old 20.09.2011, 17:30
LuisGomez's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Winkel near Zurich Airport
Posts: 53
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 38 Times in 20 Posts
LuisGomez has no particular reputation at present
Re: Hello everyone

Quote:
View Post
Yes. As stubborn as you can get, children of Venus and lovers of life's finest pleasures - or so I have been told, I admit I don't know much about astrology
And what about your year of birth?

Quote:
View Post
Aikido now, Kuk Sool Won (Korean) the last 4 years.
You most be a tough lady, how tall are you?

Quote:
View Post
Just practicing my Hoch Deutsch...
The best way to do it
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 20.09.2011, 18:20
miniMia's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: romandie
Posts: 9,971
Groaned at 101 Times in 92 Posts
Thanked 9,106 Times in 4,522 Posts
miniMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hello everyone

Quote:
View Post
The divorced dragged for a long time, but now we are all better. So, you are in Buenos Aires now? Your profile is very funny.

Thanks for the welcome.
Yes. I'm in BA now. But we should be home (Vaud) by early next year.

My profile is all true! No fabrications.

I have some fabulously gorgeous cousins in Venezuela. It must be the water in that country that makes 'em like that! But I think they are too old for you.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank miniMia for this useful post:
  #26  
Old 20.09.2011, 19:20
LuisGomez's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Winkel near Zurich Airport
Posts: 53
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 38 Times in 20 Posts
LuisGomez has no particular reputation at present
Re: Hello everyone

Quote:
View Post
Yes. I'm in BA now. But we should be home (Vaud) by early next year.

My profile is all true! No fabrications.

I have some fabulously gorgeous cousins in Venezuela. It must be the water in that country that makes 'em like that! But I think they are too old for you.
Thank you Mia for thinking about your cousins

I agreed about the water. Also it contributes the sense of humor or general happiness..... and how much you can ignored local politics.

Cheers!
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank LuisGomez for this useful post:
  #27  
Old 20.09.2011, 21:52
Sky's Avatar
Sky Sky is offline
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Somewhere special far away
Posts: 4,322
Groaned at 69 Times in 51 Posts
Thanked 7,190 Times in 2,662 Posts
Sky has a reputation beyond reputeSky has a reputation beyond reputeSky has a reputation beyond reputeSky has a reputation beyond reputeSky has a reputation beyond reputeSky has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hello everyone

At the age of 44, do you really believe 25 to 30 year olds are going to be interested ?

By the turn of this thread and your astrology pitch, I'm amazed.
Though nobody is really taking you very seriously
*pay no attention to me, I'm a wrinkled ol'lady*

it's just missing the popcorn.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Sky for this useful post:
  #28  
Old 20.09.2011, 22:16
Sagitta's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Winterthur
Posts: 706
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 1,174 Times in 489 Posts
Sagitta has a reputation beyond reputeSagitta has a reputation beyond reputeSagitta has a reputation beyond reputeSagitta has a reputation beyond reputeSagitta has a reputation beyond reputeSagitta has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hello everyone

Quote:
View Post
Well, I have been pondering onto that thought lately. Maybe I am just getting old, but lately I have been more incline to study stars, tarot, and the mind.

The mind as a creator of the universe. Shaper of our reality. Call it wishy-washy, but perhaps science is catching up to a more settle reality.

have you see this video?

http://www.whatthebleep.com/

and what about intuition?.... aren't we more than just the physical?
Keep talking that talk! Not enough wishy-washy on this forum!
On a serious note, I've seen the video and liked it.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Sagitta for this useful post:
  #29  
Old 20.09.2011, 23:29
LuisGomez's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Winkel near Zurich Airport
Posts: 53
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 38 Times in 20 Posts
LuisGomez has no particular reputation at present
Re: Hello everyone

Quote:
View Post
At the age of 44, do you really believe 25 to 30 year olds are going to be interested ?

By the turn of this thread and your astrology pitch, I'm amazed.
Though nobody is really taking you very seriously
*pay no attention to me, I'm a wrinkled ol'lady*

it's just missing the popcorn.
Good points Sky..... I am in experimental mode here. I believe that if you want to kiss, you ask for the mouth. So, I ask..... maybe I get a yes, maybe a no.

If I am not mistaken, what matters is really the love, and not the age difference. (and lets not forget about the eternal feminine.... always looking for praise and admiration and I genuinely have a lot of that)

Would they all see me as a pervert? and again, isn't that exciting? or just creepy?

Some older men have a lot to offer.... I don't know

keep the popcorn coming

Last edited by LuisGomez; 21.09.2011 at 01:44.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 20.09.2011, 23:41
Pancakes's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Zurich-ish
Posts: 5,168
Groaned at 290 Times in 207 Posts
Thanked 10,930 Times in 4,111 Posts
Pancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hello everyone

Quote:
View Post

Now this is a true story... Richard Feynman taught himself to play the bongos to meet women in bars.

And we are talking about a physicist who proposed revolutionary ideas such as antiparticles traveling backwards in time.....
Yeah, Feynman's a genius. One of the (many) books I'm working through right now is his "QED: The Strange Theory of Light and Matter."

P.S. Feyman also apparently was quite keen on the orgies.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Pancakes for this useful post:
  #31  
Old 20.09.2011, 23:50
Pancakes's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Zurich-ish
Posts: 5,168
Groaned at 290 Times in 207 Posts
Thanked 10,930 Times in 4,111 Posts
Pancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hello everyone

Quote:
View Post
Well, I have been pondering onto that thought lately. Maybe I am just getting old, but lately I have been more incline to study stars, tarot, and the mind.

The mind as a creator of the universe. Shaper of our reality. Call it wishy-washy, but perhaps science is catching up to a more settle reality.

have you see this video?

http://www.whatthebleep.com/

and what about intuition?.... aren't we more than just the physical?

and why is it that all my girlfriends insist that I look beyond that great body? and the superficial?
Yes, I have seen "What the Bleep Do We Know?"
If you're interested in "mind as creator of the Universe," you might appreciate these two books:

"How Consciousness Commands Matter" - written by the neurologist Dr. Larry Farwell with a bit of help from his astrophysicist father. (This is one of the best books I've ever read).

"The God Theory" by the astrophysicist Bernard Haisch, who sets forth the theory that "reality" is really the consciousness of god "at play" and that the universe was created as a means for it (god) to experience itself. (I don't agree with his theory in this book, but it's a rather interesting -- and quick -- read).

Any books you recommend?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Pancakes for this useful post:
  #32  
Old 20.09.2011, 23:56
LuisGomez's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Winkel near Zurich Airport
Posts: 53
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 38 Times in 20 Posts
LuisGomez has no particular reputation at present
Re: Hello everyone

Quote:
View Post
Keep talking that talk! Not enough wishy-washy on this forum!
On a serious note, I've seen the video and liked it.
Thank you Sagitta...... so you are Polish?

Oh Poland, beautiful Poland.... what magic you conceal?



cheers!

Last edited by LuisGomez; 21.09.2011 at 00:24.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank LuisGomez for this useful post:
  #33  
Old 21.09.2011, 00:02
LuisGomez's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Winkel near Zurich Airport
Posts: 53
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 38 Times in 20 Posts
LuisGomez has no particular reputation at present
Re: Hello everyone

Quote:
View Post
Yeah, Feynman's a genius. One of the (many) books I'm working through right now is his "QED: The Strange Theory of Light and Matter."

P.S. Feyman also apparently was quite keen on the orgies.
Yes, I also I heard that he was a womanizer and would not go to a conference to give a talk unless the organizers would have prepared for him a nice reception......

but, I have not read any of his biographies yet, this only what I heard.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank LuisGomez for this useful post:
  #34  
Old 21.09.2011, 00:22
LuisGomez's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Winkel near Zurich Airport
Posts: 53
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 38 Times in 20 Posts
LuisGomez has no particular reputation at present
Re: Hello everyone

Quote:
View Post
Any books you recommend?
I need to confess.... my interest in the topic is new..... so I have not read much. I am going through the required classics right now... a mixture of philosophy, self help, psychology, and Buddhism.

Siddhartha, the Power of Now, a guy called Jorge Bucay, and a lot from Coelho.

But I have seen for example the experiences of a neurologist who suffered a stroke on her left side of her brain.... with only her right side of the brain functioning..... She was able to experience unity......

Also, of course saw the Secret, and heard Joe Vitale talk about Ho oponopono

I find all of these fascinating

Thanks for the book recomendation.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank LuisGomez for this useful post:
  #35  
Old 21.09.2011, 00:57
Pancakes's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Zurich-ish
Posts: 5,168
Groaned at 290 Times in 207 Posts
Thanked 10,930 Times in 4,111 Posts
Pancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hello everyone

Quote:
View Post
But I have seen for example the experiences of a neurologist who suffered a stroke on her left side of her brain.... with only her right side of the brain functioning..... She was able to experience unity......
I think I saw that, too. She gave a lecture about it on these shows I watch called "TED Talks." What an amazing (but frightening!) experience. And I think studies have shown that certain regions of the brain in "spiritual" people are more active than those regions in less spiritual people (at least this is what my psychologist friend once told me).

I was able to find the video of it on youtube, in case anyone else might be interested ~



Anyways, I think that's great that you're taking interest in all these things that you mentioned...
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Pancakes for this useful post:
  #36  
Old 21.09.2011, 05:35
miniMia's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: romandie
Posts: 9,971
Groaned at 101 Times in 92 Posts
Thanked 9,106 Times in 4,522 Posts
miniMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hello everyone

Quote:
View Post
At the age of 44, do you really believe 25 to 30 year olds are going to be interested ?
Wellll.... I've alway liked older men. When I was 18 I dated a 27 year old for a while but he was looking for someone to settle down with so had to find someone else.

Then when I was in my mid 20s I was in love (ok, infatuated with) a man who was in his mid 40s. He was fabulous. I would have dated him in a second. But we always had bad timing. I was in a relationship (with a guy who was in his mid 30s), then when that ended he was in a relationship, then I moved away. Ah well.

Having said that, my DH is only 1 year older! Don't know how that happened. He's an old soul I guess. lol.

My friend is 40 and has been dating a 28 year old for 2 years now...

So, you just never know.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 21.09.2011, 08:27
LuisGomez's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Winkel near Zurich Airport
Posts: 53
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 38 Times in 20 Posts
LuisGomez has no particular reputation at present
Re: Hello everyone

Quote:
View Post
Wellll....

My friend is 40 and has been dating a 28 year old for 2 years now...

So, you just never know.
Thank you Mia..... that is what I want to read....
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank LuisGomez for this useful post:
  #38  
Old 21.09.2011, 09:46
Sagitta's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Winterthur
Posts: 706
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 1,174 Times in 489 Posts
Sagitta has a reputation beyond reputeSagitta has a reputation beyond reputeSagitta has a reputation beyond reputeSagitta has a reputation beyond reputeSagitta has a reputation beyond reputeSagitta has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hello everyone

When it comes to books, my favourite from this field, apart from C.G. Jung, who cannot be matched, would be Stanislav Grof and his research on non-ordinary states of consciousness.
There are a few others, notably Krishnamurti, but this is not my thread.
Anyway, a warm welcome to the forum!

Last edited by Sagitta; 21.09.2011 at 10:47.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Sagitta for this useful post:
  #39  
Old 21.09.2011, 20:57
Sky's Avatar
Sky Sky is offline
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Somewhere special far away
Posts: 4,322
Groaned at 69 Times in 51 Posts
Thanked 7,190 Times in 2,662 Posts
Sky has a reputation beyond reputeSky has a reputation beyond reputeSky has a reputation beyond reputeSky has a reputation beyond reputeSky has a reputation beyond reputeSky has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hello everyone

Quote:
View Post
Wellll.... I've alway liked older men. When I was 18 I dated a 27 year old for a while but he was looking for someone to settle down with so had to find someone else.

Then when I was in my mid 20s I was in love (ok, infatuated with) a man who was in his mid 40s. He was fabulous. I would have dated him in a second. But we always had bad timing. I was in a relationship (with a guy who was in his mid 30s), then when that ended he was in a relationship, then I moved away. Ah well.

Having said that, my DH is only 1 year older! Don't know how that happened. He's an old soul I guess. lol.

My friend is 40 and has been dating a 28 year old for 2 years now...

So, you just never know.
mmmmm not so sure....
Hypothetically tis all fine and dandy while both are young (and 44 is young) and in their prime, but a 20 year age difference could be quite daunting when a gent is pushing 60, getting ready for retirement and his beloved is still in her 30s.
Turn it around the other way.. at 44, how would one handle a relationship with a person/loved one of 64 ?

I suppose it is enjoyable for both, the trophy wife / established well-off husband... but in the long run ?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Sky for this useful post:
  #40  
Old 21.09.2011, 21:16
miniMia's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: romandie
Posts: 9,971
Groaned at 101 Times in 92 Posts
Thanked 9,106 Times in 4,522 Posts
miniMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hello everyone

Quote:
View Post
mmmmm not so sure....
Hypothetically tis all fine and dandy while both are young (and 44 is young) and in their prime, but a 20 year age difference could be quite daunting when a gent is pushing 60, getting ready for retirement and his beloved is still in her 30s.
Turn it around the other way.. at 44, how would one handle a relationship with a person/loved one of 64 ?

I suppose it is enjoyable for both, the trophy wife / established well-off husband... but in the long run ?
Honestly, I can't see why not. In fact, now that I've thought about it my best friend's mother was 25 when she married her 45 year old husband. & my uncle married for the first time when he was 60 and she was 35. He died last year at 72. They were together for 15 years. Some marriage don't last that long.

I don't think age has anything to do with it.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank miniMia for this useful post:
Reply

Tags
introduction letter




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hello Everyone !!! funloving Introductions 2 28.04.2010 21:15
Hello everyone itsnickman3 Introductions 3 18.01.2009 01:06
Hello Everyone jazzy Introductions 6 14.01.2009 09:24


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 13:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0