Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Introductions  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 24.01.2012, 01:22
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 4
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Momo100 has no particular reputation at present
Hello from the UK

Hi everyone

I've been reading through this forum for a while and love the complaints corner. It makes me laugh and so often i do sympathise with some of the frustrations some experience :-) I'm swiss but been living in the uk for 6 years now. Being away and also seeing switzerland through the eyes of my english husband, it made me look at CH a bit different at times and i have a more relaxed aproach to dealing with things then i had before - all learned in the royal post office - but that's a different story

But i'm homesick and i miss the lakes and the mountains, the lifestyle! We are planning to move back soon and i look forward to it! In the meantime i hope you enjoy living in switzerland and enjoy those snowy slopes for me!! I'll keep following the forum... Thanks
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Momo100 for this useful post:
  #2  
Old 24.01.2012, 01:41
RetiredInNH's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Posts: 2,264
Groaned at 13 Times in 5 Posts
Thanked 1,481 Times in 747 Posts
RetiredInNH has a reputation beyond reputeRetiredInNH has a reputation beyond reputeRetiredInNH has a reputation beyond reputeRetiredInNH has a reputation beyond reputeRetiredInNH has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hello from the UK

Quote:
View Post
... i miss the lakes and the mountains, the lifestyle!
It is the lakes, the mountains and the lifestyle that bring me back every summer! Best of luck with your planned move.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 24.01.2012, 02:38
darkhorsedrea's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Uster
Posts: 800
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 747 Times in 290 Posts
darkhorsedrea has a reputation beyond reputedarkhorsedrea has a reputation beyond reputedarkhorsedrea has a reputation beyond reputedarkhorsedrea has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hello from the UK

Quote:
View Post
Hi everyone

I've been reading through this forum for a while and love the complaints corner. It makes me laugh and so often i do sympathise with some of the frustrations some experience :-) I'm swiss but been living in the uk for 6 years now. Being away and also seeing switzerland through the eyes of my english husband, it made me look at CH a bit different at times and i have a more relaxed aproach to dealing with things then i had before - all learned in the royal post office - but that's a different story

But i'm homesick and i miss the lakes and the mountains, the lifestyle! We are planning to move back soon and i look forward to it! In the meantime i hope you enjoy living in switzerland and enjoy those snowy slopes for me!! I'll keep following the forum... Thanks
He he..... I'd love to hear your post office story. I'm a Brit and I must say I don't miss Royal Mail. And it's the lakes, mountains and lifestyle keeping us here in CH.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 24.01.2012, 10:09
Uncle Max's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Züri
Posts: 7,553
Groaned at 164 Times in 105 Posts
Thanked 8,424 Times in 3,486 Posts
Uncle Max has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Max has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Max has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Max has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Max has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Max has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hello from the UK

Welcome to the Forum.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 24.01.2012, 11:47
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 4
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Momo100 has no particular reputation at present
Re: Hello from the UK

Quote:
View Post
He he..... I'd love to hear your post office story. I'm a Brit and I must say I don't miss Royal Mail.
Hihihi, there are several, believe me. I could entertain you for a whole night
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 24.01.2012, 11:48
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 4
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Momo100 has no particular reputation at present
Re: Hello from the UK

Quote:
View Post
It is the lakes, the mountains and the lifestyle that bring me back every summer! Best of luck with your planned move.
Many thanks!
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hello from the UK deliriouslyok Introductions 3 19.09.2011 12:38
Hello from UK natek Introductions 3 16.11.2009 17:36
Hello from UK, soon from Zug mredlancelot Introductions 12 18.07.2008 12:10
Hello from The UK/St Louis/Basel MikeFrewer Introductions 2 11.07.2008 18:52
Hello from the UK Mad Professor Introductions 2 07.06.2008 18:07


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 18:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0