Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Introductions  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 01.10.2012, 10:53
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Zurich
Posts: 29
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Luggagespider has no particular reputation at present
Re: New from Sussex to Switzerland via Western Australia

Quote:
View Post
Welcome !!!!
Cheers Lutnix! Going by your join date I assuming you're a recent arrival too? If so then welcome too haha..
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05.10.2012, 18:28
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Zurich
Posts: 16
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
jhb88 has no particular reputation at present
Re: New from Sussex to Switzerland via Western Australia

Hey welcome!

I'm a sussex boy as well, just moved here from Dublin, how have you found trying to get accommodation?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05.10.2012, 18:32
krlock3's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Zürich
Posts: 3,099
Groaned at 48 Times in 35 Posts
Thanked 2,411 Times in 1,145 Posts
krlock3 has a reputation beyond reputekrlock3 has a reputation beyond reputekrlock3 has a reputation beyond reputekrlock3 has a reputation beyond reputekrlock3 has a reputation beyond reputekrlock3 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New from Sussex to Switzerland via Western Australia

West sussex too. We should make a club!

Welcome.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05.10.2012, 19:26
DaniFinch's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Deitingen, SO
Posts: 106
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 124 Times in 35 Posts
DaniFinch is considered knowledgeableDaniFinch is considered knowledgeableDaniFinch is considered knowledgeable
I am from West Sussex originally too. Lancing to be exact!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05.10.2012, 19:40
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Zurich
Posts: 29
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Luggagespider has no particular reputation at present
Re: New from Sussex to Switzerland via Western Australia

Quote:
View Post
Hey welcome!

I'm a sussex boy as well, just moved here from Dublin, how have you found trying to get accommodation?
Hi mate


Well work can't decide where to base me so I'm floating between Zurich and Bern staying in backpacker hostels at the moment!


Where are you based and what sort of accommodation are you looking for?
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05.10.2012, 19:44
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Zurich
Posts: 29
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Luggagespider has no particular reputation at present
Re: New from Sussex to Switzerland via Western Australia

Quote:
View Post
West sussex too. We should make a club!

Welcome.
We should, though I'm from East Sussex- Eastbourne to be exact! I stayed in sunny Steyning and had a decent ruby in Arundul as well as a sample of the pubs over the dows etc last month. Also used to cover West Sussex in my old job..
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05.10.2012, 19:47
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Zurich
Posts: 29
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Luggagespider has no particular reputation at present
Re: New from Sussex to Switzerland via Western Australia

Quote:
View Post
I am from West Sussex originally too. Lancing to be exact!
Cool. Been out here long?
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05.10.2012, 22:02
DaniFinch's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Deitingen, SO
Posts: 106
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 124 Times in 35 Posts
DaniFinch is considered knowledgeableDaniFinch is considered knowledgeableDaniFinch is considered knowledgeable
2 years next month! But I lived in Plymouth for 6 years before I came here. Really missing the sea!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06.10.2012, 11:56
piazza's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Küsnacht ZH
Posts: 449
Groaned at 5 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 271 Times in 128 Posts
piazza has made some interesting contributions
Re: New from Sussex to Switzerland via Western Australia

So havent quite figured out. u English or Aussie now? or was Perth just a brief holiday?
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 06.10.2012, 12:46
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Zurich
Posts: 16
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
jhb88 has no particular reputation at present
Re: New from Sussex to Switzerland via Western Australia

Quote:
View Post
Hi mate


Well work can't decide where to base me so I'm floating between Zurich and Bern staying in backpacker hostels at the moment!


Where are you based and what sort of accommodation are you looking for?
I'm based in Zurich, got temporary place with some others but they're moving out at the end of the month so still searching for permanent solution.

Give me a shout if you end up in Zurich and fancy a pint!
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 06.10.2012, 14:55
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Zurich
Posts: 16
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
jhb88 has no particular reputation at present
Re: New from Sussex to Switzerland via Western Australia

I'm from Angmering, near Worthing, can't belive how many West sussx people there are in Zurich! Best pub?
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 06.10.2012, 15:11
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Zurich
Posts: 29
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Luggagespider has no particular reputation at present
Re: New from Sussex to Switzerland via Western Australia

Quote:
View Post
2 years next month! But I lived in Plymouth for 6 years before I came here. Really missing the sea!
I can imagine- I've always lived by the coast and even in Toronto where i was over the summer there was beaches on the lakes..
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 06.10.2012, 15:16
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Zurich
Posts: 29
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Luggagespider has no particular reputation at present
Re: New from Sussex to Switzerland via Western Australia

Quote:
View Post
So havent quite figured out. u English or Aussie now? or was Perth just a brief holiday?
English! I've spent about equal time in both Oz and UK though and have passport for both too.

Long story short- I went to Canada for a change (after being back in England a year following 5 years in Oz) but couldn't find much work there. Went back back to England again and wasn't really feeling it so I then nipped back to Oz where work fell through but I got this job offer here in Switzerland so I flew back to Heathrow and drove to Zurich!
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 06.10.2012, 15:19
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Zurich
Posts: 29
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Luggagespider has no particular reputation at present
Re: New from Sussex to Switzerland via Western Australia

Quote:
View Post
I'm based in Zurich, got temporary place with some others but they're moving out at the end of the month so still searching for permanent solution.

Give me a shout if you end up in Zurich and fancy a pint!
Sounds better than living out of backpacker hostels- though the one I stay in Zurich, the Hostel International, is pretty good as is modern and has a bar and free parking. The Bern one not so good..

Will do fella! I'm there Monday and probably Tuesday night as it goes..

Are you missing Dublin yet? Been there a few times, always a laugh. Nearly took a job based out of there earlier in the year..
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 06.10.2012, 15:22
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Zurich
Posts: 29
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Luggagespider has no particular reputation at present
Re: New from Sussex to Switzerland via Western Australia

Quote:
View Post
I'm from Angmering, near Worthing, can't belive how many West sussx people there are in Zurich! Best pub?
Best pub in Zurich or near Worthing (which I remember itself has a huge amount of boozers!)?

I remember the Checkers, Norfolk and a third one (Swan?) in Steyning itself then a few in the area- even walked over the downs to Devil's Dyke.. Needed a few there after that mission!
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 06.10.2012, 15:32
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Zurich
Posts: 29
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Luggagespider has no particular reputation at present
Re: New from Sussex to Switzerland via Western Australia

Quote:
View Post
I'm based in Zurich, got temporary place with some others but they're moving out at the end of the month so still searching for permanent solution.

Give me a shout if you end up in Zurich and fancy a pint!
Forgot to mention these two sites I've been scoping for rooms to let:

www.wg-zimmer.ch

www.homegate.ch This also has parking spaces..
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 06.10.2012, 16:09
DaniFinch's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Deitingen, SO
Posts: 106
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 124 Times in 35 Posts
DaniFinch is considered knowledgeableDaniFinch is considered knowledgeableDaniFinch is considered knowledgeable
Quote:
View Post
Best pub in Zurich or near Worthing (which I remember itself has a huge amount of boozers!)?

I remember the Checkers, Norfolk and a third one (Swan?) in Steyning itself then a few in the area- even walked over the downs to Devil's Dyke.. Needed a few there after that mission!
For me the best pub in the area was the black rabbit in Arundel!
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 06.10.2012, 18:47
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Zurich
Posts: 16
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
jhb88 has no particular reputation at present
Re: New from Sussex to Switzerland via Western Australia

Quote:
View Post
Sounds better than living out of backpacker hostels- though the one I stay in Zurich, the Hostel International, is pretty good as is modern and has a bar and free parking. The Bern one not so good..

Will do fella! I'm there Monday and probably Tuesday night as it goes..

Are you missing Dublin yet? Been there a few times, always a laugh. Nearly took a job based out of there earlier in the year..
Don't know that hostel, where's it near? I stayed at citybackpacker when i came to sort out contracts and tried to get a place. Nice enough, v central, but had a room mate with the worst sinus problem ever!! Good luck to ya sticking out hostels!

i'll PM you my swiss number and gimme a shout about Mon or Tues
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 07.10.2012, 16:03
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Zurich
Posts: 29
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Luggagespider has no particular reputation at present
Re: New from Sussex to Switzerland via Western Australia

Quote:
View Post
Don't know that hostel, where's it near? I stayed at citybackpacker when i came to sort out contracts and tried to get a place. Nice enough, v central, but had a room mate with the worst sinus problem ever!! Good luck to ya sticking out hostels!

i'll PM you my swiss number and gimme a shout about Mon or Tues
It's slightly out of the centre- Mutschellenstrasse 114, near Wollishofen SBB station.. Yep, had that problem a few times this week- building up a huge sleep debt! Hopefully not for too much longer..

Nice one, got that- will do mate.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 07.10.2012, 16:04
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Zurich
Posts: 29
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Luggagespider has no particular reputation at present
Re: New from Sussex to Switzerland via Western Australia

Quote:
View Post
For me the best pub in the area was the black rabbit in Arundel!
Not been to that one! But went to a couple in town.. Sussex is blessed with a lot of proper, decent country pubs though- one of the reasons I go back!
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
From Sussex to Zug/ Hunnigue? Rikalaus Introductions 34 07.11.2011 20:56
Mother with 3 year old moving to Cham from Australia via Amsterdam Coorabell Introductions 2 17.05.2009 22:04
Newbie from Western Australia sunflower51 Introductions 13 15.11.2008 12:44
G'day from Western Australia deliriouz Introductions 1 03.06.2008 19:01
New to Switzerland - from Australia Haly2003 Introductions 11 15.11.2007 15:12


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:38.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0