Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Introductions  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 18.08.2021, 21:34
terrifisch
 
Posts: n/a
Hi all

Hi EFers,

I am actually not new to the EF Forum. I was active under the name "terrifisch" but left a few months ago as I took a much needed break. For some odd reason, I did try to sign up on my old user name but it didn't work. Maybe a lapse on my end? Who knows

That said, hope I can help those new to Switzerland acclimate and also, contribute positively to the Forum.

Looking forward to taking part - once again!

Cheers

Terri
Reply With Quote
The following 13 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #2  
Old 18.08.2021, 21:58
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 13,977
Groaned at 1,360 Times in 903 Posts
Thanked 20,980 Times in 8,016 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hi all

Then it wasn't you who created a new account called terrifisch 2 days ago? https://www.englishforum.ch/members/...errifisch.html
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 18.08.2021, 22:08
terrifisch
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Hi all

Well, I am glad you had access to this because very time I tried, I was thwarted and blocked by admin.

I was trying to be transparent; do you have a problem with this Chuff?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 18.08.2021, 22:10
terrifisch
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Hi all

Quote:
View Post
Well, I am glad you had access to this because very time I tried, I was thwarted and blocked by admin.

I was trying to be transparent; do you have a problem with this Chuff?
Sorry...typo...every time I tried.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 18.08.2021, 22:16
olygirl's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: d' Innerschwiiz
Posts: 7,770
Groaned at 419 Times in 282 Posts
Thanked 18,298 Times in 5,668 Posts
olygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hi all

Welcome back! The atmosphere on the forum has changed a bit which is why I completely understand your need for a break. There are times when I ask myself if I should stay or not as well... but in my heart I just don't want to leave yet.

Have a good start back!
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank olygirl for this useful post:
  #6  
Old 18.08.2021, 22:39
Axa's Avatar
Axa Axa is offline
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Suhr, Aargau
Posts: 4,441
Groaned at 75 Times in 70 Posts
Thanked 6,233 Times in 2,932 Posts
Axa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hi all

Hello,

Welcome back. Admins have made some cleaning last June. Hope things have improved. Don't know for sure, I took a long vacation and did not logged in for a while
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank Axa for this useful post:
  #7  
Old 19.08.2021, 05:33
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 13,977
Groaned at 1,360 Times in 903 Posts
Thanked 20,980 Times in 8,016 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hi all

Quote:
View Post
Well, I am glad you had access to this because very time I tried, I was thwarted and blocked by admin.

I was trying to be transparent; do you have a problem with this Chuff?
I was just pointing it out as you said "it didn't work" when in fact there is a new account with your exact old name and the mods or admins could have helped you out had you contacted them. I see you are exactly as sensitive and reactive as before.

Last edited by Chuff; 19.08.2021 at 06:03. Reason: Typo
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users groan at Chuff for this post:
  #8  
Old 19.08.2021, 07:16
terrifisch
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Hi all

Quote:
View Post
I was just pointing it out as you said "it didn't work" when in fact there is a new account with your exact old name and the mods or admins could have helped you out had you contacted them. I see you are exactly as sensitive and reactive as before.
I would have tried to contact the mods if I had that option, but every time I logged on I received a message saying I didn't have access - even to look at new posts
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 19.08.2021, 17:43
araqyl's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Zurich, West-side
Posts: 2,221
Groaned at 8 Times in 7 Posts
Thanked 1,365 Times in 716 Posts
araqyl has a reputation beyond reputearaqyl has a reputation beyond reputearaqyl has a reputation beyond reputearaqyl has a reputation beyond reputearaqyl has a reputation beyond reputearaqyl has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hi all

Hi and welcome (back).

Enjoy the ride.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank araqyl for this useful post:
  #10  
Old 19.08.2021, 19:45
fatmanfilms's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Verbier
Posts: 21,376
Groaned at 461 Times in 352 Posts
Thanked 23,091 Times in 11,824 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hi all

Quote:
View Post
Well, I am glad you had access to this because very time I tried, I was thwarted and blocked by admin.

I was trying to be transparent; do you have a problem with this Chuff?
Not sure what happened, I have accepted many new members but don't think I caught your re-join.

If you wish to change your username back on this account, I could do it for you, I have to change the other name as well or get it deleted.

Send me a PM & I will sort out what you wish.

Welcome back
Reply With Quote
The following 4 users would like to thank fatmanfilms for this useful post:
  #11  
Old 19.08.2021, 19:46
MusicChick's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: La Cote
Posts: 17,488
Groaned at 414 Times in 275 Posts
Thanked 20,435 Times in 10,578 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hi all

Quote:
View Post
I see you are exactly as sensitive and reactive as before.
What should one call your reaction?

Welcome back, terri.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank MusicChick for this useful post:
  #12  
Old 19.08.2021, 20:54
terrifisch
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Hi all

Quote:
View Post
Not sure what happened, I have accepted many new members but don't think I caught your re-join.

If you wish to change your username back on this account, I could do it for you, I have to change the other name as well or get it deleted.

Send me a PM & I will sort out what you wish.

Welcome back

Hi FMF,

Every time I try to respond to a PM (you and Olygirl), I receive a message saying I have 1440 hours before I can send a private message. How funny is that? I am not sure how this can be remedied but thank you for reaching out

Let me know what you think is the best option/solution!

PS...I still cannot thank people and would like to do so if I am able....

Cheers,

Terri
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank for this useful post:
  #13  
Old 19.08.2021, 21:03
fatmanfilms's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Verbier
Posts: 21,376
Groaned at 461 Times in 352 Posts
Thanked 23,091 Times in 11,824 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hi all

Quote:
View Post
Hi FMF,

Every time I try to respond to a PM (you and Olygirl), I receive a message saying I have 1440 hours before I can send a private message. How funny is that? I am not sure how this can be remedied but thank you for reaching out

Let me know what you think is the best option/solution!

PS...I still cannot thank people and would like to do so if I am able....

Cheers,

Terri
I have sent you a PM with my email address so this can be fixed without delay.

I think you need 10 posts to 'thank' people, did not know about the delay before sending PM's, 1440 hours sounds extreme, I assumed it was a week so 168 hours.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank fatmanfilms for this useful post:
  #14  
Old 19.08.2021, 22:03
terrifisch
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Hi all

Quote:
View Post
I have sent you a PM with my email address so this can be fixed without delay.

I think you need 10 posts to 'thank' people, did not know about the delay before sending PM's, 1440 hours sounds extreme, I assumed it was a week so 168 hours.
Thanks for your help! I appreciate it
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank for this useful post:
  #15  
Old 19.08.2021, 22:04
terrifisch
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Hi all

Quote:
View Post
Hi and welcome (back).

Enjoy the ride.
Lol.... Thanks Araqyl!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 19.08.2021, 22:05
terrifisch
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Hi all

Quote:
View Post
What should one call your reaction?

Welcome back, terri.
Thanks MusicChick
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank for this useful post:
  #17  
Old 19.08.2021, 22:06
terrifisch
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Hi all

Quote:
View Post
Hello,

Welcome back. Admins have made some cleaning last June. Hope things have improved. Don't know for sure, I took a long vacation and did not logged in for a while
Thanks Axa!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 19.08.2021, 22:07
terrifisch
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Hi all

Quote:
View Post
Welcome back! The atmosphere on the forum has changed a bit which is why I completely understand your need for a break. There are times when I ask myself if I should stay or not as well... but in my heart I just don't want to leave yet.

Have a good start back!
Thanks Olygirl!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 19.08.2021, 22:10
MusicChick's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: La Cote
Posts: 17,488
Groaned at 414 Times in 275 Posts
Thanked 20,435 Times in 10,578 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hi all

Ye ye ye
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank MusicChick for this useful post:
  #20  
Old 19.08.2021, 22:18
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Zurich
Posts: 5,724
Groaned at 424 Times in 234 Posts
Thanked 6,579 Times in 3,024 Posts
ZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hi all

Quote:
View Post
Hi EFers,

I am actually not new to the EF Forum. I was active under the name "terrifisch" but left a few months ago as I took a much needed break. For some odd reason, I did try to sign up on my old user name but it didn't work. Maybe a lapse on my end? Who knows

That said, hope I can help those new to Switzerland acclimate and also, contribute positively to the Forum.

Looking forward to taking part - once again!

Cheers

Terri
So, all would like Terrifisch here again. Me as well.
So, what‘s the problem?

Are there any Mods left?
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 00:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0