Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Introductions  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 04.06.2010, 20:18
Lucy..TotallyLost's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Biel
Posts: 493
Groaned at 8 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 340 Times in 155 Posts
Lucy..TotallyLost has an excellent reputationLucy..TotallyLost has an excellent reputationLucy..TotallyLost has an excellent reputationLucy..TotallyLost has an excellent reputation
Re: bye guys

Quote:
View Post
zing

CK
Oh snap!

Haha although Im not reallyy that gross.. Ponyboy just loves drinking water from the hose/sloshing it in his mouth and letting it come back out/playing with it with his lips and was upset about getting some in his nose <3
He's a cool guy





Quote:
View Post
Lucy, thanks for all your contributions on EF. Good luck with the studying. I hope that once you are a qualified nurse you can find your way back to CH.

Best of luck,
Gal x
I would really like to
I want to learn German here where I can just learn it without all the confuses Swissies speaking their version of it, then Ill concentrate on the Swiss version later!


So maybe Ill be introducing myself on EF again in 10 years or so.. (although secretly I hope to have my little QH stud existing by then.. so it wont be until I can afford millions to bring all my four legged buddies with me)
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04.06.2010, 20:21
cmirsky's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Basel CH
Posts: 576
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 1,038 Times in 323 Posts
cmirsky has a reputation beyond reputecmirsky has a reputation beyond reputecmirsky has a reputation beyond reputecmirsky has a reputation beyond reputecmirsky has a reputation beyond repute
Re: bye guys

Nice looking Horse... Polish Arabian ???
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank cmirsky for this useful post:
  #23  
Old 04.06.2010, 20:24
Lucy..TotallyLost's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Biel
Posts: 493
Groaned at 8 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 340 Times in 155 Posts
Lucy..TotallyLost has an excellent reputationLucy..TotallyLost has an excellent reputationLucy..TotallyLost has an excellent reputationLucy..TotallyLost has an excellent reputation
Re: bye guys

Quote:
View Post
Nice looking Horse... Polish Arabian ???
Andalusian x Quarter Horse
And he would make a fantastic dog.. he just wants to follow you and be taken for walks and cuddled.. but he haaates to be ridden unfortunately.
Oh well. He's nearly 21 now.. guess he deserves a break
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Lucy..TotallyLost for this useful post:
  #24  
Old 05.06.2010, 12:01
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: zürich
Posts: 3,194
Groaned at 105 Times in 79 Posts
Thanked 3,987 Times in 1,625 Posts
i-b-deborah has a reputation beyond reputei-b-deborah has a reputation beyond reputei-b-deborah has a reputation beyond reputei-b-deborah has a reputation beyond reputei-b-deborah has a reputation beyond reputei-b-deborah has a reputation beyond repute
Re: bye guys

Hi Lucy. I wish I could just make the decission to go. I too think I'm not cut out for europe. I lived in Pt Hedland, W.A befre coming here and can't get used to the mass population and all that comes with it. I often read the opposit here from people from even bigger cities and I envy them a bit because it is so beautiful here, it would be great if it felt peaceful too.
Enjoy the wide open spaces and beaches, the sunsets and the stars. These are all the things I long for, but mostly the silence.
Please don't disappear! If you can, let us know who the transition back went for you. I could use the knowledge for making my own decission.
Good Luck!
__________________
Shark wisdom: A swimmer in the sea is worth ten on the beach.
Reply With Quote
The following 4 users would like to thank i-b-deborah for this useful post:
  #25  
Old 05.06.2010, 12:41
jrspet's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Quaint Wädenswil, Zürich, CH
Posts: 8,131
Groaned at 27 Times in 20 Posts
Thanked 7,036 Times in 3,912 Posts
jrspet has a reputation beyond reputejrspet has a reputation beyond reputejrspet has a reputation beyond reputejrspet has a reputation beyond reputejrspet has a reputation beyond reputejrspet has a reputation beyond repute
Re: bye guys

Quote:
View Post
But thanks for the good luck anyway.. I'm yet to find a job and we're allegedly in a recession still? So perhaps I'll need it
Hi Lucy

I know there are tonnes of sites in Oz for jobs, but here is one that you might want to look into as well. I got a casual job teaching IT literacy to seniors and asylum seekers through them. Didn't pay well, but was a rewarding and satisfying stint in a remote parish.

Good luck in the job hunting.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank jrspet for this useful post:
  #26  
Old 05.06.2010, 13:18
Lucy..TotallyLost's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Biel
Posts: 493
Groaned at 8 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 340 Times in 155 Posts
Lucy..TotallyLost has an excellent reputationLucy..TotallyLost has an excellent reputationLucy..TotallyLost has an excellent reputationLucy..TotallyLost has an excellent reputation
Re: bye guys

Quote:
View Post
Hi Lucy. I wish I could just make the decission to go. I too think I'm not cut out for europe. I lived in Pt Hedland, W.A befre coming here and can't get used to the mass population and all that comes with it. I often read the opposit here from people from even bigger cities and I envy them a bit because it is so beautiful here, it would be great if it felt peaceful too.
Enjoy the wide open spaces and beaches, the sunsets and the stars. These are all the things I long for, but mostly the silence.
Please don't disappear! If you can, let us know who the transition back went for you. I could use the knowledge for making my own decission.
Good Luck!
Ohh sorry to hear youre in the same situation - although I guess choosing between living between in Switzerland or Australia isnt the worst thing thats ever happened to anyone
Its tough though

I know! I always see people on EF write about how "small" and quiet the cities in CH are.. but omg.. the shops are always SO busy - our shopping centres are only that busy at Christmas! And there are always soo many cars on the road..
..but yeah Im not from a big city here either.

I loooove the wide open spaces


and.. uhh.. sure I can keep you posted I like writing.. I just feel like I bore people with my rambling and pictures



Quote:
View Post
Hi Lucy

I know there are tonnes of sites in Oz for jobs, but here is one that you might want to look into as well. I got a casual job teaching IT literacy to seniors and asylum seekers through them. Didn't pay well, but was a rewarding and satisfying stint in a remote parish.

Good luck in the job hunting.
Thanks heaps I am feeling a little anxious about it so any help or advice is awesome
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Lucy..TotallyLost for this useful post:
  #27  
Old 05.06.2010, 13:41
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: zürich
Posts: 3,194
Groaned at 105 Times in 79 Posts
Thanked 3,987 Times in 1,625 Posts
i-b-deborah has a reputation beyond reputei-b-deborah has a reputation beyond reputei-b-deborah has a reputation beyond reputei-b-deborah has a reputation beyond reputei-b-deborah has a reputation beyond reputei-b-deborah has a reputation beyond repute
Re: bye guys

I think you would be doing the forum a service. There are others out there who would benefit hearing from somone who went back. I've been here for 11 years and have no clue how things are back home, or how easy or difficult it would be to go back.
Quote:
View Post


and.. uhh.. sure I can keep you posted I like writing.. I just feel like I bore people with my rambling and pictures
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank i-b-deborah for this useful post:
  #28  
Old 05.06.2010, 13:50
CheesyKiwi's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Basel, Bruderholz
Posts: 509
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 363 Times in 160 Posts
CheesyKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeCheesyKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeCheesyKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeCheesyKiwi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: bye guys

slow day with baby, kids and wife.

but OMG BBQ soon!

CK
Attached Thumbnails
bye-guys-04012009526_updated.jpg  
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank CheesyKiwi for this useful post:
  #29  
Old 05.06.2010, 14:18
Papa Goose's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: was Ägeri now Froggeri
Posts: 3,720
Groaned at 191 Times in 160 Posts
Thanked 4,301 Times in 1,819 Posts
Papa Goose has a reputation beyond reputePapa Goose has a reputation beyond reputePapa Goose has a reputation beyond reputePapa Goose has a reputation beyond reputePapa Goose has a reputation beyond reputePapa Goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: bye guys

Quote:
View Post
Maybe it was a mistake. I think meloncollie's only groan is a mistake and it always bugs me (clearly I need to get a life)
Groans are a badge of honour wear them with pride.... or send the boys round to explain the finer points of the EF.

Good luck back in OZ and don't be a stranger in theses hallowed halls
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Papa Goose for this useful post:
  #30  
Old 05.06.2010, 15:10
Lucy..TotallyLost's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Biel
Posts: 493
Groaned at 8 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 340 Times in 155 Posts
Lucy..TotallyLost has an excellent reputationLucy..TotallyLost has an excellent reputationLucy..TotallyLost has an excellent reputationLucy..TotallyLost has an excellent reputation
Re: bye guys

Quote:
View Post
I think you would be doing the forum a service. There are others out there who would benefit hearing from somone who went back. I've been here for 11 years and have no clue how things are back home, or how easy or difficult it would be to go back.
Well.. I wasnt in CH for even a year.. so Im sure it would be very different for you!
But so far.. its easy!

I just feel like life is so much easier here. But thats not original. Everybody knows Switzerland has lots of rules and is complicated.
Thats all I can say so far.. Im just finding living here so easy.

I never really understood the whole "Switzerland has a higher standard of living".. I dont see aaany difference whatsoever. But maybe thats because Im poor in Switzerland and.. comfortable.. in Australia.

But yeah.. I am loving it here. When I see photos of Zurich I think "owrr Zurich is nice, I miss it" but then a few seconds later Ive forgotten, and it certainly doesnt keep me up at night

Im not saying everybody having a tough time in CH should go home. It seems like everybody who sticks it out gets themself a nice life set up there eventually.. but I personally am just soo much happier in my sunburnt country
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 14.06.2010, 15:40
simon_ch's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 2,390
Groaned at 128 Times in 76 Posts
Thanked 3,488 Times in 1,377 Posts
simon_ch has a reputation beyond reputesimon_ch has a reputation beyond reputesimon_ch has a reputation beyond reputesimon_ch has a reputation beyond reputesimon_ch has a reputation beyond reputesimon_ch has a reputation beyond repute
Re: bye guys

Hey Lucy, hope it works out fine for you, I always like to hear from people how they're doing elsewhere after having lived in Switzerland for a while, it's so much better than staying here and whinging forever me thinks.
So do keep us updated please!

Simon
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank simon_ch for this useful post:
  #32  
Old 14.06.2010, 15:48
bad hare day's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Rochester , Kent. GB
Posts: 406
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 171 Times in 122 Posts
bad hare day has an excellent reputationbad hare day has an excellent reputationbad hare day has an excellent reputationbad hare day has an excellent reputation
Re: bye guys

video makes me wish i was there...........but mrs bhd is giving me THAT look .

back to making wurstsalat i guess....

good luck and say hi to all the big rabbits for me.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank bad hare day for this useful post:
  #33  
Old 14.06.2010, 15:48
nic80's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Lausanne
Posts: 801
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 1,292 Times in 422 Posts
nic80 has a reputation beyond reputenic80 has a reputation beyond reputenic80 has a reputation beyond reputenic80 has a reputation beyond reputenic80 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: bye guys

You're near Byron? I l adore that area! I have family in Billinudgel and have always planned on building a place out that way... someday.
Enjoy the sun, surf and sand.
Having to choose between Switzerland and Australia seems a win win decision
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank nic80 for this useful post:
  #34  
Old 15.06.2010, 06:57
Lucy..TotallyLost's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Biel
Posts: 493
Groaned at 8 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 340 Times in 155 Posts
Lucy..TotallyLost has an excellent reputationLucy..TotallyLost has an excellent reputationLucy..TotallyLost has an excellent reputationLucy..TotallyLost has an excellent reputation
Re: bye guys

Hi guys!
This will have to be a quickie because Mum will cry if she finds out I'm using her internet USB thingy's 2GB limit up (I dont think she realises how much 2GB is) on EF.

But yeah so far its all good.. I hate being in limbo and getting settled, but that will be over soon!
Just waiting for my car to get trucked down from Queensland to Adelaide, and trying to find a job. I easily got registered with a temp agency who seemed confident they had plenty that would suit me.. soo waiting to hear back from them (today hopefully!)

But yeah I'm finding it easy. The roads and shops are quieter and all that so I am loving it..
my friend just messaging me saying her pony is sick.. its all happening

Not sure if Im too busy with settling in to think about missing stuff in CH.. I guess we'll see when I get more settled..

Ahh I have to go byeeee
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank Lucy..TotallyLost for this useful post:
  #35  
Old 15.06.2010, 07:32
jrspet's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Quaint Wädenswil, Zürich, CH
Posts: 8,131
Groaned at 27 Times in 20 Posts
Thanked 7,036 Times in 3,912 Posts
jrspet has a reputation beyond reputejrspet has a reputation beyond reputejrspet has a reputation beyond reputejrspet has a reputation beyond reputejrspet has a reputation beyond reputejrspet has a reputation beyond repute
Re: bye guys

Good to hear all is going smoothly. Why Adelaide ?

Quote:
View Post
This will have to be a quickie because Mum will cry if she finds out I'm using her internet USB thingy's 2GB limit up (I dont think she realises how much 2GB is) on EF.
Ah, internet in Oz is a real pain with quotas / caps even with DSL / Cable with stiff penalties for exceeding your limits.

If you are looking for a suitable plan, look no further than Whirlpool here.

Till next time, Lucy.

Tschuss.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank jrspet for this useful post:
  #36  
Old 15.06.2010, 08:23
the_clangers's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: St. Louis, MO was St Prex, VD
Posts: 1,999
Groaned at 17 Times in 14 Posts
Thanked 1,185 Times in 697 Posts
the_clangers has a reputation beyond reputethe_clangers has a reputation beyond reputethe_clangers has a reputation beyond reputethe_clangers has a reputation beyond reputethe_clangers has a reputation beyond repute
Re: bye guys

Quote:
View Post
Hi guys!
This will have to be a quickie because Mum will cry if she finds out I'm using her internet USB thingy's 2GB limit up (I dont think she realises how much 2GB is) on EF.

But yeah so far its all good.. I hate being in limbo and getting settled, but that will be over soon!
Just waiting for my car to get trucked down from Queensland to Adelaide, and trying to find a job. I easily got registered with a temp agency who seemed confident they had plenty that would suit me.. soo waiting to hear back from them (today hopefully!)

But yeah I'm finding it easy. The roads and shops are quieter and all that so I am loving it..
my friend just messaging me saying her pony is sick.. its all happening

Not sure if Im too busy with settling in to think about missing stuff in CH.. I guess we'll see when I get more settled..

Ahh I have to go byeeee
Only 2GB limit?

Glad to hear that you are "re" settling into your old life.

Funny that you are finding that things are "quieter" than here. Interesting how reality can be sometimes.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank the_clangers for this useful post:
  #37  
Old 15.06.2010, 08:23
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: zürich
Posts: 3,194
Groaned at 105 Times in 79 Posts
Thanked 3,987 Times in 1,625 Posts
i-b-deborah has a reputation beyond reputei-b-deborah has a reputation beyond reputei-b-deborah has a reputation beyond reputei-b-deborah has a reputation beyond reputei-b-deborah has a reputation beyond reputei-b-deborah has a reputation beyond repute
Re: bye guys

Good luck with the job!
Quote:
View Post
Hi guys!
This will have to be a quickie because Mum will cry if she finds out I'm using her internet USB thingy's 2GB limit up (I dont think she realises how much 2GB is) on EF.

But yeah so far its all good.. I hate being in limbo and getting settled, but that will be over soon!
Just waiting for my car to get trucked down from Queensland to Adelaide, and trying to find a job. I easily got registered with a temp agency who seemed confident they had plenty that would suit me.. soo waiting to hear back from them (today hopefully!)

But yeah I'm finding it easy. The roads and shops are quieter and all that so I am loving it..
my friend just messaging me saying her pony is sick.. its all happening

Not sure if Im too busy with settling in to think about missing stuff in CH.. I guess we'll see when I get more settled..

Ahh I have to go byeeee
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank i-b-deborah for this useful post:
  #38  
Old 15.06.2010, 09:24
Calmness's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Zug
Posts: 33
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 24 Times in 12 Posts
Calmness has made some interesting contributions
Re: bye guys

Well Australia is most certainly on my list of places to vist, so I am maybe just a tad envious. A lot of my friends have spoken very highly about their visits.

Anyway, I wish you all the best.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Calmness for this useful post:
  #39  
Old 15.06.2010, 10:09
Lucy..TotallyLost's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Biel
Posts: 493
Groaned at 8 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 340 Times in 155 Posts
Lucy..TotallyLost has an excellent reputationLucy..TotallyLost has an excellent reputationLucy..TotallyLost has an excellent reputationLucy..TotallyLost has an excellent reputation
Re: bye guys

Yay I have an easy data entry job for a few months that pays well (to make up for being temporary and not having paid leave)
Which is all I need.. seeing as I want to study soon anyway

Okay have to go again before Mum sees


(Regarding "Why Adelaide?" - because I went to high school here so its where all my friends are and its where Im comfortable. They all have horses I can ride and its so easy to get around and I just love it here)
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 15.06.2010, 10:18
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CH
Posts: 11,134
Groaned at 356 Times in 291 Posts
Thanked 16,439 Times in 8,353 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: bye guys

Quote:
View Post
Im not saying everybody having a tough time in CH should go home. It seems like everybody who sticks it out gets themself a nice life set up there eventually.. but I personally am just soo much happier in my sunburnt country
Nice to hear from you, Lucy. I was curious to find out how the things went eventually, was it easy or not going back.
But talking about going back to Australia..hmm. That must be not so difficult, with all the sun, beaches and the space you've got there. I'll overcome my distaste for travelling by plane more than 5 hours and I'll visit your country, some day..
Take care
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank greenmount for this useful post:
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bye Bye Roman (Update: Polanski will not be extradited) Hedgehog of death Swiss politics/news 111 04.10.2017 19:54
Bye bye taxed at the source, hello complications Russkov Finance/banking/taxation 4 26.02.2010 13:07
Bye Bye Sydney Australia!! henrytkhau Introductions 12 26.01.2010 14:35
Bye Guys, was nice meeting some of you JenniferD Introductions 79 22.08.2008 13:57
Bye bye Hollywood, hello... Oerlikon? johnw00t Introductions 4 09.03.2008 01:42


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 22:25.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0