Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Market Place > Market Place > Items wanted  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02.08.2017, 15:27
WilliamTell's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Zurich
Posts: 206
Groaned at 11 Times in 5 Posts
Thanked 190 Times in 79 Posts
WilliamTell has earned the respect of manyWilliamTell has earned the respect of manyWilliamTell has earned the respect of many
Porsche 911 Carrera (997)

I am looking to buy a manual Porsche 911 997 and thought I would post here in case any EF members have one for sale.

Price range from CHF 25K to 35K
I am in Zurich area.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02.08.2017, 16:04
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 7,164
Groaned at 243 Times in 181 Posts
Thanked 15,138 Times in 5,250 Posts
k_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Porsche 911 Carrera (997)

that's a nice thread after How to spend my money, Buying a Ferrari and Rolls-Royce for Sunday
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02.08.2017, 16:10
JagWaugh's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Eglisau
Posts: 7,481
Groaned at 47 Times in 46 Posts
Thanked 14,131 Times in 5,506 Posts
JagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Porsche 911 Carrera (997)

The 911 997 is a PITA to change the oil on. (just did one this morning)

Last edited by JagWaugh; 02.08.2017 at 17:44. Reason: 997, not 977
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02.08.2017, 16:13
HIAO's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Bellevue
Posts: 991
Groaned at 5 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 2,410 Times in 669 Posts
HIAO has a reputation beyond reputeHIAO has a reputation beyond reputeHIAO has a reputation beyond reputeHIAO has a reputation beyond reputeHIAO has a reputation beyond reputeHIAO has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Porsche 911 Carrera (997)

I don't imagine there'll be many 997's available in Switzerland with less than space shuttle mileage or in anything other than rotten condition at that price range.

I hope I'm wrong. A nice 997 4s would make my summer pass very nicely, thank you very much.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02.08.2017, 16:16
HIAO's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Bellevue
Posts: 991
Groaned at 5 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 2,410 Times in 669 Posts
HIAO has a reputation beyond reputeHIAO has a reputation beyond reputeHIAO has a reputation beyond reputeHIAO has a reputation beyond reputeHIAO has a reputation beyond reputeHIAO has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Porsche 911 Carrera (997)

Quote:
View Post
The 911 977 is a PITA to change the oil on. (just did one this morning)
What about the 997?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02.08.2017, 16:49
WilliamTell's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Zurich
Posts: 206
Groaned at 11 Times in 5 Posts
Thanked 190 Times in 79 Posts
WilliamTell has earned the respect of manyWilliamTell has earned the respect of manyWilliamTell has earned the respect of many
Re: Porsche 911 Carrera (997)

Quote:
View Post
that's a nice thread after How to spend my money, Buying a Ferrari and Rolls-Royce for Sunday

What can I say, I like cars The EF Rolls thread helped me to come to my senses and not buy one. Next year I will probably ask: Should I buy a Tesla 3 (and sell my 911).
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03.08.2017, 12:24
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: The World
Posts: 1,393
Groaned at 283 Times in 153 Posts
Thanked 1,115 Times in 636 Posts
Capo is considered unworthyCapo is considered unworthyCapo is considered unworthyCapo is considered unworthy
Re: Porsche 911 Carrera (997)

Quote:
View Post
I am looking to buy a manual Porsche 911 997 and thought I would post here in case any EF members have one for sale.

Price range from CHF 25K to 35K
I am in Zurich area.
No offence but it's an unrealistic budget, unless you are looking for a very leggy one.

By the way, do you know that 997s from 2005 to 2008 can grenade the engine, right? Do not buy one without a warranty.

If I were you I would buy MY2009 or newer with the new DFI engine.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03.08.2017, 12:50
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Neuchatel
Posts: 22,869
Groaned at 544 Times in 416 Posts
Thanked 25,381 Times in 11,638 Posts
Odile has a reputation beyond reputeOdile has a reputation beyond reputeOdile has a reputation beyond reputeOdile has a reputation beyond reputeOdile has a reputation beyond reputeOdile has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Porsche 911 Carrera (997)

Ofsky Performance - near the French border in Neuchâtel Jura. Specialist for decades in selling and buying tradtiional Porsches. He really knows his stuff - and may have one for your budget if you are very lucky. Worth a visit anyhow.

Meudon 5
2126 Les Verrières

Téléphone 032 866 15 51

Not sure if he speaks English- can translate if you wish.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Odile for this useful post:
  #9  
Old 03.08.2017, 13:24
Treverus's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Luxembourg
Posts: 11,297
Groaned at 279 Times in 237 Posts
Thanked 21,082 Times in 7,673 Posts
Treverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Porsche 911 Carrera (997)

Quote:
View Post
Ofsky Performance - near the French border in Neuchâtel Jura. Specialist for decades in selling and buying tradtiional Porsches.
1. He is actually looking for a 10yr old car, not a classic.
2. There are no 997 on the market in this price range on Autoscout at all right now... so you either need to downgrade your expecations or up your budget.
3. The "pre-facelift" 997 have the same engine as the 996 (with small modifications) and well, quite famous for being dodgy. Loads of cars with 2nd or 3rd engines around. An engine swap will cost around 20k in Germany, given the hourly rates of Porsche dealers in CH probably 30k here.

Long story short: Buy a car with "Porsche approved" warranty. That should cover any major engine problems. Invest the money to renew the warranty when it runs out... once it did is it much harder and more expensive to buy warranty again. I know cause I did not and can tell you that Porsche bills don't come cheap around here...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03.08.2017, 14:18
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Neuchatel
Posts: 22,869
Groaned at 544 Times in 416 Posts
Thanked 25,381 Times in 11,638 Posts
Odile has a reputation beyond reputeOdile has a reputation beyond reputeOdile has a reputation beyond reputeOdile has a reputation beyond reputeOdile has a reputation beyond reputeOdile has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Porsche 911 Carrera (997)

Thanks -

probably Ofsky would come much cheaper for repairs than Zurich or GVA! Which is why he has clients coming from all over CH and beyond.

(btw I do NOT know the guy personally- but he has an excellent reputation with Porsche owners and has decades in Porsche business). As sais, happy to translate as I live in the region.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03.08.2017, 15:33
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Zurich
Posts: 139
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 77 Times in 49 Posts
thekman is considered knowledgeablethekman is considered knowledgeablethekman is considered knowledgeable
Re: Porsche 911 Carrera (997)

Quote:
View Post
I am looking to buy a manual Porsche 911 997 and thought I would post here in case any EF members have one for sale.

Price range from CHF 25K to 35K
I am in Zurich area.
Hey - the dealer I usually use has one for sale and in great condition.

Not sure if it's the right vintage (1998 Carrera), but it's in your price range (apologies if I'm wrong).

I can put you in touch, as I've known him for over 2 years and he's massively into Porsche so knows his stuff. Or you could just reach out to him yourself.

http://car-pool.ch/

You can see the car in the used section, it's got 88k km.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03.08.2017, 15:33
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Zurich
Posts: 139
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 77 Times in 49 Posts
thekman is considered knowledgeablethekman is considered knowledgeablethekman is considered knowledgeable
Re: Porsche 911 Carrera (997)

Quote:
View Post
Hey - the dealer I usually use has one for sale and in great condition.

Not sure if it's the right vintage (1998 Carrera), but it's in your price range (apologies if I'm wrong).

I can put you in touch, as I've known him for over 2 years and he's massively into Porsche so knows his stuff. Or you could just reach out to him yourself.

http://car-pool.ch/

You can see the car in the used section, it's got 88k km.
Forgot to mention it's also a manual.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03.08.2017, 15:39
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Zurich
Posts: 139
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 77 Times in 49 Posts
thekman is considered knowledgeablethekman is considered knowledgeablethekman is considered knowledgeable
Re: Porsche 911 Carrera (997)

Ok I should have really read the thread - forget about what I posted as it pre-dates what you're after by 8 odd years and I expect 2 generations.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03.08.2017, 15:39
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: The World
Posts: 1,393
Groaned at 283 Times in 153 Posts
Thanked 1,115 Times in 636 Posts
Capo is considered unworthyCapo is considered unworthyCapo is considered unworthyCapo is considered unworthy
Re: Porsche 911 Carrera (997)

Quote:
View Post
Hey - the dealer I usually use has one for sale and in great condition.

Not sure if it's the right vintage (1998 Carrera), but it's in your price range (apologies if I'm wrong).

I can put you in touch, as I've known him for over 2 years and he's massively into Porsche so knows his stuff. Or you could just reach out to him yourself.

http://car-pool.ch/

You can see the car in the used section, it's got 88k km.
He said he wants a 997, not a 996.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Capo for this useful post:
  #15  
Old 07.07.2018, 20:39
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Lausanne
Posts: 867
Groaned at 11 Times in 9 Posts
Thanked 378 Times in 266 Posts
Tinkiwinki has earned some respectTinkiwinki has earned some respect
Re: Porsche 911 Carrera (997)

have an early 1999 996. cheap and very much ok
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Tinkiwinki for this useful post:
  #16  
Old 17.07.2018, 14:22
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: lugano
Posts: 332
Groaned at 29 Times in 19 Posts
Thanked 217 Times in 129 Posts
DL21 has earned some respectDL21 has earned some respect
Re: Porsche 911 Carrera (997)

good luck on this.

the dealer told me a few months ago only 1% of 911's ordered in switzerland are manual. and there are currently ZERO available build slots in europe for a new order as the new model is due EOY.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 17.07.2018, 15:27
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 7,164
Groaned at 243 Times in 181 Posts
Thanked 15,138 Times in 5,250 Posts
k_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Porsche 911 Carrera (997)

Quote:
View Post
good luck on this.

the dealer told me a few months ago only 1% of 911's ordered in switzerland are manual. and there are currently ZERO available build slots in europe for a new order as the new model is due EOY.
The 997 is not new...
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank k_and_e for this useful post:
  #18  
Old 17.07.2018, 16:11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: lugano
Posts: 332
Groaned at 29 Times in 19 Posts
Thanked 217 Times in 129 Posts
DL21 has earned some respectDL21 has earned some respect
Re: Porsche 911 Carrera (997)

Quote:
View Post
The 997 is not new...
my point was that there will be next to none on the used market 997 or 991. so the only viable option is to order new which isn't going to happen until feb 2019 either. so 'good luck on this' means a 'modern' manual 911 isn't going to be easy to source.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 17.07.2018, 18:18
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: The World
Posts: 1,393
Groaned at 283 Times in 153 Posts
Thanked 1,115 Times in 636 Posts
Capo is considered unworthyCapo is considered unworthyCapo is considered unworthyCapo is considered unworthy
Re: Porsche 911 Carrera (997)

Quote:
View Post
good luck on this.

the dealer told me a few months ago only 1% of 911's ordered in switzerland are manual. and there are currently ZERO available build slots in europe for a new order as the new model is due EOY.
Quote:
View Post
my point was that there will be next to none on the used market 997 or 991. so the only viable option is to order new which isn't going to happen until feb 2019 either. so 'good luck on this' means a 'modern' manual 911 isn't going to be easy to source.
Your dealer is retard. There are 200 manual 997s in Autoscout alone.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank Capo for this useful post:
  #20  
Old 17.07.2018, 18:33
eyebeebe's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pfäffikon SZ
Posts: 1,598
Groaned at 16 Times in 15 Posts
Thanked 1,698 Times in 801 Posts
eyebeebe has a reputation beyond reputeeyebeebe has a reputation beyond reputeeyebeebe has a reputation beyond reputeeyebeebe has a reputation beyond reputeeyebeebe has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Porsche 911 Carrera (997)

Quote:
View Post
my point was that there will be next to none on the used market 997 or 991. so the only viable option is to order new which isn't going to happen until feb 2019 either. so 'good luck on this' means a 'modern' manual 911 isn't going to be easy to source.
Nonsense. Plenty of 997.1 manuals. Prior to the 997.2 with the dual clutch box, the auto option was the deservedly much maligned tiptronic option, so plenty went for the manual.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank eyebeebe for this useful post:
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0