Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Market Place > Market Place > Items wanted  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 24.09.2017, 22:02
miniMia's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: romandie
Posts: 9,991
Groaned at 101 Times in 92 Posts
Thanked 9,025 Times in 4,487 Posts
miniMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond repute
Looking for kids books in French.

My niece started real school this year.
She will be in French immersion school in the US so she can talk to her aunt! Isn't that the cutest!?!

Problem is it's not easy to find children's books in French in the US and if you find them they are expensive.

My niece is 6.

Anyone have children's books they don't need anymore? I can pick up and/or pay postage. And of course I will pay for the books!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 24.09.2017, 22:36
Belgianmum's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Neuchâtel
Posts: 10,728
Groaned at 144 Times in 130 Posts
Thanked 15,781 Times in 6,857 Posts
Belgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Looking for kids books in French.

Quote:
View Post
My niece started real school this year.
She will be in French immersion school in the US so she can talk to her aunt! Isn't that the cutest!?!

Problem is it's not easy to find children's books in French in the US and if you find them they are expensive.

My niece is 6.

Anyone have children's books they don't need anymore? I can pick up and/or pay postage. And of course I will pay for the books!
I'll have a look in the loft. We've definitely got some up there.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Belgianmum for this useful post:
  #3  
Old 26.09.2017, 15:28
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Eschenbach SG
Posts: 15
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 10 Times in 6 Posts
anneedmonds has no particular reputation at present
Re: Looking for kids books in French.

Here in Switzerland most DVDs are in German and English and often French. This proved a great way to learn for my 2 daughters. We have now given them to their cousins but other people might have some. It makes a change from books and at the same time you hear the language spoken.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 26.09.2017, 15:50
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Nyon
Posts: 997
Groaned at 15 Times in 14 Posts
Thanked 1,104 Times in 533 Posts
Rachel Moore has a reputation beyond reputeRachel Moore has a reputation beyond reputeRachel Moore has a reputation beyond reputeRachel Moore has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Looking for kids books in French.

Quote:
View Post
My niece started real school this year.
She will be in French immersion school in the US so she can talk to her aunt! Isn't that the cutest!?!

Problem is it's not easy to find children's books in French in the US and if you find them they are expensive.
I'm sure you will find many here to send to your niece, learning French to converse with auntie, the wee bara!
Can I also recommend your niece's mum and dad look at purchasing French language books from the Quebec region of Canada? Maybee through eBay or Amazon from there?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 26.09.2017, 17:11
miniMia's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: romandie
Posts: 9,991
Groaned at 101 Times in 92 Posts
Thanked 9,025 Times in 4,487 Posts
miniMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Looking for kids books in French.

Quote:
View Post
I'll have a look in the loft. We've definitely got some up there.
Thank you!!!


Quote:
View Post
Here in Switzerland most DVDs are in German and English and often French. This proved a great way to learn for my 2 daughters. We have now given them to their cousins but other people might have some. It makes a change from books and at the same time you hear the language spoken.
Videos are easier to find online. She's already found Pingu.
But European DVDs won't work in the US.


Quote:
View Post
I'm sure you will find many here to send to your niece, learning French to converse with auntie, the wee bara!
Can I also recommend your niece's mum and dad look at purchasing French language books from the Quebec region of Canada? Maybee through eBay or Amazon from there?
I know. She's the cutest thing ever!
She was nervous her first day because 'madame, doesn't speak a word of English.'
Quebec is a great idea! Which is funny I didn't think about as I was talking to my brother about the fact that my first French teacher was Québécois.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kids Books? [German and French] Island Monkey Language corner 8 29.09.2015 13:07


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 16:51.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0