Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Off-Topic > Off-Topic > Jokes/funnies  
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 29.07.2015, 07:57
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: and then the goblin showed up

Bollocks, I say.
  #62  
Old 29.07.2015, 08:33
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: and then the goblin showed up

Quote:
View Post
Sure, whatever gets you through the day, but I'm sure you as an intelligent person know that what you are doing has almost zero longevity on the forum and is likely going to get tiresome very quickly unless you actually normalise it into a form that people can actually interact with in any constructive and meaningful way. This isn't a creative writing forum or artistic outlet for people escaping from the mundanity of normal life (though sometimes you could be forgiven for thinking such). Just saying.
"...ah I like that post, you raise some interesting points, where your conjectures are commendable indeed albeit from an untried perspective though, yet do you have the experience of what you relate to be the outcome there, in that had I followed what your idea I doubt it would have come this far, the readership would be flat through lack of presentation..." smiled the goblin who could prove what he was saying if asked to do so now, continuing "...guess I repeat myself somewhat in saying that it's not what I write so much as what you see of yourselves in reply to me that has you returning mostly, I mean all these years later most folks would suspect that I had experimented upon other forums as to which writing style best suits my purpose and to which writing style ill serves me through being somewhat bland and inconspicuous...", somehow it was ever this balance then, a between presentation and content perhaps where the one without the other would fail the post eventually, sighing "...just that without you I can't write, no I could write at a pinch that is, but it's not nearly as much fun as you feeding me my posts through this rapport here..."

  #63  
Old 29.07.2015, 08:38
Belgianmum's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Neuchâtel
Posts: 11,508
Groaned at 180 Times in 162 Posts
Thanked 17,906 Times in 7,578 Posts
Belgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond repute
Re: and then the goblin showed up

Quote:
View Post
Bollocks, I say.
How do you say that in Goblin?
  #64  
Old 29.07.2015, 08:44
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 12,414
Groaned at 924 Times in 656 Posts
Thanked 17,132 Times in 6,729 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: and then the goblin showed up

Quote:
View Post
"...ah I like that post, you raise some interesting points, where your conjectures are commendable indeed albeit from an untried perspective though, yet do you have the experience of what you relate to be the outcome there, in that had I followed what your idea I doubt it would have come this far, the readership would be flat through lack of presentation..." smiled the goblin who could prove what he was saying if asked to do so now, continuing "...guess I repeat myself somewhat in saying that it's not what I write so much as what you see of yourselves in reply to me that has you returning mostly, I mean all these years later most folks would suspect that I had experimented upon other forums as to which writing style best suits my purpose and to which writing style ill serves me through being somewhat bland and inconspicuous...", somehow it was ever this balance then, a between presentation and content perhaps where the one without the other would fail the post eventually, sighing "...just that without you I can't write, no I could write at a pinch that is, but it's not nearly as much fun as you feeding me my posts through this rapport here..."
I guess delusion is as delusion does. No problem good Sir, I shall leave you to your ramblings.
  #65  
Old 29.07.2015, 09:05
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: and then the goblin showed up

("...at its simplest then, if you write in third person then the reader automatically expects to be filled in as to who or what is writing it becoming the persona by it..."


Quote:
I disagree, it doesn't make me expect anything or make me curious. It makes things much more complicated, is all, and many aren't into minutely deciphering every text a poster makes on a forum. That might be unfortunate, but that's the way it is. Therefore I hope your style will change someday.
("...it's not your conscious decision, for if you read a work written in third person your mind automatically tries to fill the hole left by an unspecified persona there..." smiled the goblin, adding "...ah no. not meaning that you expect anything by it, nor that you are even curious about it really, just that your mind works like that, while me for my part, well let's just say that I'm here for the duration that they will allow me to stay as you put it, where my goal is to converse till then then...")
  #66  
Old 29.07.2015, 09:12
Ace1's Avatar
A modal singularity
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Morgins, VS (and Alsace)
Posts: 8,308
Groaned at 323 Times in 211 Posts
Thanked 13,808 Times in 6,073 Posts
Ace1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: and then the goblin showed up

Quote:
View Post
("...at its simplest then, if you write in third person then the reader automatically expects to be filled in as to who or what is writing it becoming the persona by it..."
Nope. If you write in the third party like you do, especially with apparently random parentheses, ellipses and quotes, the reader never bothers getting past the first sentence.

And a quick look now and again shows that they're not missing anything.
  #67  
Old 29.07.2015, 09:21
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: and then the goblin showed up

Do you like cheese?

Do you hate baby animals?!
  #68  
Old 29.07.2015, 09:32
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: ZH
Posts: 5,322
Groaned at 58 Times in 48 Posts
Thanked 2,688 Times in 1,608 Posts
SOBEIT has a reputation beyond reputeSOBEIT has a reputation beyond reputeSOBEIT has a reputation beyond reputeSOBEIT has a reputation beyond reputeSOBEIT has a reputation beyond repute
Re: and then the goblin showed up

Oh nilbog.
  #69  
Old 29.07.2015, 09:37
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: and then the goblin showed up

Quote:
View Post
Nope. If you write in the third party like you do, especially with apparently random parentheses, ellipses and quotes, the reader never bothers getting past the first sentence. And a quick look now and again shows that they're not missing anything.
("...nope, they'll read every word in each reply, for you humans are by nature curious creatures..." smiled the goblin again, adding "...just you want rapport, you want to know what you are thinking by way of reply that is, me I'm a livewriter where I play to that weakness of yours, and where exchange is no thief...", in fact, the goblin had found the replies here to be most conducive to his coffee, smiling "...switzerland my country is perfect for us goblins...")
  #70  
Old 29.07.2015, 09:52
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 7,767
Groaned at 281 Times in 210 Posts
Thanked 17,277 Times in 6,069 Posts
k_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond repute
Re: and then the goblin showed up

Please close the thread.

@Fleamailman: introduction is complete. you can now ask about dishwasher tablets or sell something
  #71  
Old 29.07.2015, 10:00
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: and then the goblin showed up

Quote:
Do you like cheese? Do you hate baby animals?!
("...cheesewise, I love gruyere, tete de moine, and emmental then..." ventured the goblin not allowed to eat much of them at his age, adding "...I'm not too keen on meats though, where what you eat eats you back I guess, btw have you noted how most of the servers of cheese fondue are fat in the castle village of gruyere while none of the servers are fat in the chocolate factory in broc, thus swiss food is good in moderation though by itself it's not conducive to longevity I imagine...")
  #72  
Old 29.07.2015, 11:09
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CH
Posts: 9,308
Groaned at 314 Times in 257 Posts
Thanked 13,242 Times in 6,890 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: and then the goblin showed up

Quote:
View Post
("...nope, they'll read every word in each reply, for you humans are by nature curious creatures..." smiled the goblin again, adding "...just you want rapport, you want to know what you are thinking by way of reply that is, me I'm a livewriter where I play to that weakness of yours, and where exchange is no thief...", in fact, the goblin had found the replies here to be most conducive to his coffee, smiling "...switzerland my country is perfect for us goblins...")
Everybody is a live writer here...
Perhaps you're not that special....after all?
  #73  
Old 29.07.2015, 14:53
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: and then the goblin showed up

Quote:
View Post
Everybody is a live writer here...
Perhaps you're not that special....after all?
"...are you saying that everyone here has their own thread with at least 10000views then..." inquired the goblin imagining that greenmount logic had it that everybody was a writer merely because they knew how to write, adding "...I'm not special, anyone could manage this, only that they see no point in editing through their posts where they just post and discard each time, whereas me, I know that something worth reading twice is worth writing twice, hence I go back to my posts and rewrite them till what remains is truly me to my pen by it...", in fact, the goblin was the first to admit that his posts weren't any good according to wherever he went, confiding "...no I blame those readers myself for their having read this far if at all, but doesn't there just come a point in one's life where one doesn't want to read alone but actually instead wants to reply to see how one thinks, so welcome to your opportunity here to question that which you come across..."

  #74  
Old 29.07.2015, 17:11
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: and then the goblin showed up

"...yay, I'm happy now, where your whole forum is yours once more, I won't post elsewhere but I understand that since you don't have a literature section that any inspirational stuff has to be in your humor section instead, seems logical enough...", at which point the goblin would started editing his posts once more, smiling "...if I edit some posts here, I hope no one minds then...", as the goblin started editing again)


repost from elsewhere

then suddenly in an expected moment the goblin simply turned to the captain and asked "...say what, can I marry you...", "...well you already did that goblin..." she replied breaking into a smile at the absurdity of it, whereupon the goblin added "...oh, I did, really, gosh how wise of me too...", and with that it just became another something between them, something that the goblin never quite forget nor mentioned again neither simply knowing that would lose its value if he ever did, and yet, upon reaching journey's end he felt he might just risk asking it one last time, hoping that she would smile as she once had, ah yes that would be something


165
  #75  
Old 29.07.2015, 17:19
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: and then the goblin showed up

repost from elsewhere, the "what are you listening to" thread

"...ok humans, just wake me up when it's over please..." went the goblin

NOBAMA & FLIPFLOPNEY - What We Really Hear When They Talk [dogsofwarclan] - YouTube


xxxx
  #76  
Old 29.07.2015, 17:32
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: and then the goblin showed up

repost from elsewhere, new

“...so now, you would like to own a bank instead of actually working goblin, well that's a new one on me but I suppose in practice it's not too complicated a thing to do as long as you're well connected and remain in the shadows...” went the witchdoctor again, continuing “...first of all, you'll need to create your bank then, ah but in doing so you'll need borrow form your newly created bank itself the capital that you don't as yet have while accepting an interest free stimulus loan from the federal reserve, something which you straight off reloan it to the government at a higher interest rate, though any money then left over you can then relend to other governments for good measure, whereupon the federal reserve upon seeing that your bank is toxic will then ask you to do a credit swap with them, meaning you'll swap your toxic bank debt for their newly printed treasury bonds in order to transfer the burden of that debt from you to their taxpayers thus aiding the ongoing bank takeovers on the nation states, and lastly you'll need to make sure that ourdearmedia is in on the game so that they can continue to keep the sheeple entertained placated and distracted with anything other than what the banks are doing now...”


176
  #77  
Old 29.07.2015, 19:34
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: and then the goblin showed up

Quote:
View Post
("...nope, they'll read every word in each reply,
You are wrong.
Quote:
View Post
"...ah I like that post, you raise some interesting points, where your conjectures are commendable indeed albeit from an untried perspective though, yet do you have the experience of what you relate to be the outcome there, in that had I followed what your idea I doubt it would have come this far, the readership would be flat through lack of presentation..." smiled the goblin who could prove what he was saying if asked to do so now, continuing "...guess I repeat myself somewhat in saying that it's not what I write so much as what you see of yourselves in reply to me that has you returning mostly, I mean all these years later most folks would suspect that I had experimented upon other forums as to which writing style best suits my purpose and to which writing style ill serves me through being somewhat bland and inconspicuous...", somehow it was ever this balance then, a between presentation and content perhaps where the one without the other would fail the post eventually, sighing "...just that without you I can't write, no I could write at a pinch that is, but it's not nearly as much fun as you feeding me my posts through this rapport here..."

Quote:
View Post
("...at its simplest then, if you write in third person then the reader automatically expects to be filled in as to who or what is writing it becoming the persona by it..."




("...it's not your conscious decision, for if you read a work written in third person your mind automatically tries to fill the hole left by an unspecified persona there..." smiled the goblin, adding "...ah no. not meaning that you expect anything by it, nor that you are even curious about it really, just that your mind works like that, while me for my part, well let's just say that I'm here for the duration that they will allow me to stay as you put it, where my goal is to converse till then then...")
Oi. I'm out.

Answering a question with one or two simple straightforward sentences (15 words approx.) would've done it too, but not a complex ramble which no one bothers to read.

Last edited by glowjupiter; 29.07.2015 at 20:06.
  #78  
Old 29.07.2015, 20:44
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: and then the goblin showed up

Quote:
You are wrong. Oi. I'm out. Answering a question with one or two simple straightforward sentences (15 words approx.) would've done it too, but not a complex ramble which no one bothers to read.
"..."third person" always portrays a persona who could be anything the author chooses, whereas "first person" is the person who is writing it who in turn could be anything again though most folks don't hold it in question..." repeated the goblin not fighting anyone, adding "...if you write some plain text in a post then they accept straight off that it is you and meant to be you by it, whereas if you write in third person then they'll start to wonder who or what is writing it, just I'm sharing my experience now though you don't have to take my word for it...", and then the goblin smiled "...simply, one's persona is to be remembered by whereas one's username is to be found by..."

  #79  
Old 29.07.2015, 21:50
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Formerly in Neuchatel
Posts: 2,909
Groaned at 222 Times in 151 Posts
Thanked 5,348 Times in 2,034 Posts
porsch1909 has a reputation beyond reputeporsch1909 has a reputation beyond reputeporsch1909 has a reputation beyond reputeporsch1909 has a reputation beyond reputeporsch1909 has a reputation beyond reputeporsch1909 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: and then the goblin showed up

That's a shame. He was quite entertaining and wasn't harming anyone!
  #80  
Old 29.07.2015, 22:10
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: north
Posts: 6,139
Groaned at 219 Times in 139 Posts
Thanked 5,100 Times in 2,636 Posts
rob1 has a reputation beyond reputerob1 has a reputation beyond reputerob1 has a reputation beyond reputerob1 has a reputation beyond reputerob1 has a reputation beyond reputerob1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: and then the goblin showed up

Someone saw sense I see. I OTBC him earlier but he was unbanned shortly after. He she spouted the same crap on various other forums. They can move onto the next one.
Closed Thread




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sign work-contract and then cancel before the start maxiii Employment 1 28.11.2014 13:01
REALLY frustrated! Was told we would be receiving B permits and L permits showed up hopefulgenevaexpat Permits/visas/government 35 01.12.2012 20:18
Stolen Bike (from the building not the street) then sold and bought online Isa_RC Complaints corner 55 23.08.2011 15:57
Buying new in the UK: exporting and reclaiming VAT and then paying Swiss duty bruce fielding Finance/banking/taxation 7 06.04.2010 19:42
Showed him the finger / road rage ground Transportation/driving 48 15.02.2010 12:48


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 18:51.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0