Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Leaving Switzerland  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05.04.2011, 15:45
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Luzern
Posts: 10
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Jo Watch has no particular reputation at present
More info re pensions!

I am leaving CH very soon to return to UK and wanted to share some info with you.
I found pdf which can be found at link below v.useful (Info for Foreign Nationals). Also I found out from someone else who left to return to UK, that the amount that has to be left here (obligatory) can be used towards a deposit if you want to buy a house in UK. Funnily enough my pension dept at work did not offer this information (wonder why..!)
Pls note I only have info regarding move back to UK.
Hope this helps anyone else in same situation.
Jo

http://www.bsv.admin.ch/themen/ueber...x.html?lang=en
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05.04.2011, 19:06
fatmanfilms's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Verbier
Posts: 21,376
Groaned at 461 Times in 352 Posts
Thanked 23,091 Times in 11,824 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: More info re pensions!

Quote:
View Post
Funnily enough my pension dept at work did not offer this information (wonder why..!)
Hardly suprising as the Swiss don't very often buy their own property as it's never been a particually good investment here, partially due to tax on the rental valueof your own home & CGT on the sale.

Property is valued by land value + the cost of the house less depreciation.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06.04.2011, 14:01
swissbob
 
Posts: n/a
Re: More info re pensions!

Quote:
View Post
I am leaving CH very soon to return to UK and wanted to share some info with you.
I found pdf which can be found at link below v.useful (Info for Foreign Nationals). Also I found out from someone else who left to return to UK, that the amount that has to be left here (obligatory) can be used towards a deposit if you want to buy a house in UK. Funnily enough my pension dept at work did not offer this information (wonder why..!)
Pls note I only have info regarding move back to UK.
Hope this helps anyone else in same situation.
Jo

http://www.bsv.admin.ch/themen/ueber...x.html?lang=en

As already meantioned here.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank for this useful post:
  #4  
Old 04.07.2011, 22:01
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Riehen
Posts: 11
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
jsalonen has annoyed a few people around herejsalonen has annoyed a few people around here
Re: More info re pensions!

Hi,

I am a little bit slow reader, so if someone read the document in the link carefully, please give yes or no to my question. If the answer is yes, I will read the document very carefully and make sure I will get all my money back.

When I came to switzerland I was told that if I pay 6%, company pays 12% on top of that and in the case I leave the country I will get everything at once. Obviously it is not that simple...

Finally, the question:
If I go back to Finland, is there a way to get all the money I spend for 2nd pillar (plus the money my company paid on top of that) back?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05.07.2011, 00:20
fatmanfilms's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Verbier
Posts: 21,376
Groaned at 461 Times in 352 Posts
Thanked 23,091 Times in 11,824 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: More info re pensions!

I suspect it's 6% and 6% making 12% in total!

If you buy a house or become 100% self employed in CH.
I wonder if you can become 100% self employed & leave CH the following month?

Quote:
View Post
Hi,

I am a little bit slow reader, so if someone read the document in the link carefully, please give yes or no to my question. If the answer is yes, I will read the document very carefully and make sure I will get all my money back.

When I came to switzerland I was told that if I pay 6%, company pays 12% on top of that and in the case I leave the country I will get everything at once. Obviously it is not that simple...

Finally, the question:
If I go back to Finland, is there a way to get all the money I spend for 2nd pillar (plus the money my company paid on top of that) back?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05.07.2011, 00:59
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vaud
Posts: 2,894
Groaned at 97 Times in 46 Posts
Thanked 1,932 Times in 921 Posts
Anthony1406 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony1406 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony1406 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony1406 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony1406 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: More info re pensions!

Quote:
View Post
I suspect it's 6% and 6% making 12% in total!

If you buy a house or become 100% self employed in CH.
I wonder if you can become 100% self employed & leave CH the following month?
wait you get this if you become selfemployed also?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05.07.2011, 04:40
miniMia's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: romandie
Posts: 9,971
Groaned at 101 Times in 92 Posts
Thanked 9,106 Times in 4,522 Posts
miniMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond repute
Re: More info re pensions!

Quote:
View Post
Hi,

I am a little bit slow reader, so if someone read the document in the link carefully, please give yes or no to my question. If the answer is yes, I will read the document very carefully and make sure I will get all my money back.

When I came to switzerland I was told that if I pay 6%, company pays [6%] on top of that [for a total of 12%] and in the case I leave the country I will get everything at once. Obviously it is not that simple...

Finally, the question:
If I go back to Finland, is there a way to get all the money I spend for 2nd pillar (plus the money my company paid on top of that) back?
Yes. (Ok, now go read carefully) ;-)
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05.07.2011, 06:20
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Zurich
Posts: 393
Groaned at 20 Times in 14 Posts
Thanked 168 Times in 104 Posts
Superfast is considered unworthySuperfast is considered unworthySuperfast is considered unworthy
Re: More info re pensions!

Isnīt Finland an EU country?

I think this (the 2nd pillar refund) only applies to non EU countries.

Am i wrong?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05.07.2011, 09:14
fatmanfilms's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Verbier
Posts: 21,376
Groaned at 461 Times in 352 Posts
Thanked 23,091 Times in 11,824 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: More info re pensions!

Quote:
View Post
Isnīt Finland an EU country?

I think this (the 2nd pillar refund) only applies to non EU countries.

Am i wrong?
That is correct, which is why being 100% self employed for a month seems like a good idea, if it works.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05.07.2011, 17:06
miniMia's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: romandie
Posts: 9,971
Groaned at 101 Times in 92 Posts
Thanked 9,106 Times in 4,522 Posts
miniMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond repute
Re: More info re pensions!

Quote:
View Post
Isnīt Finland an EU country?

I think this (the 2nd pillar refund) only applies to non EU countries.

Am i wrong?
Good point! I now have to change my answer to "No". You can't take the money if you move to a EU country. Only if you move out of EEA/EU. But it will be paid to you monthly when you retire as part of your pension.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05.07.2011, 18:07
fatmanfilms's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Verbier
Posts: 21,376
Groaned at 461 Times in 352 Posts
Thanked 23,091 Times in 11,824 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: More info re pensions!

Quote:
View Post
Good point! I now have to change my answer to "No". You can't take the money if you move to a EU country. Only if you move out of EEA/EU. But it will be paid to you monthly when you retire as part of your pension.
You can also take all in cash upto 5? years before state retirement age.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06.07.2011, 06:15
miniMia's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: romandie
Posts: 9,971
Groaned at 101 Times in 92 Posts
Thanked 9,106 Times in 4,522 Posts
miniMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond repute
Re: More info re pensions!

Quote:
View Post
You can also take all in cash upto 5? years before state retirement age.
Where can you take it?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06.07.2011, 11:06
fatmanfilms's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Verbier
Posts: 21,376
Groaned at 461 Times in 352 Posts
Thanked 23,091 Times in 11,824 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: More info re pensions!

Quote:
View Post
Where can you take it?
As cash or you can start reveiving the pension.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07.07.2011, 03:09
miniMia's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: romandie
Posts: 9,971
Groaned at 101 Times in 92 Posts
Thanked 9,106 Times in 4,522 Posts
miniMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond repute
Re: More info re pensions!

Quote:
View Post
As cash or you can start reveiving the pension.
You can take all of you cash out instead of having it paid out monthly? Can you be more specific? Where can you do this? In the EU/EEA, Finland? Where?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07.07.2011, 03:29
fatmanfilms's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Verbier
Posts: 21,376
Groaned at 461 Times in 352 Posts
Thanked 23,091 Times in 11,824 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: More info re pensions!

Quote:
View Post
You can take all of you cash out instead of having it paid out monthly? Can you be more specific? Where can you do this? In the EU/EEA, Finland? Where?
With the Swiss pension in general, you can take as 100% cash, you don't need to leave CH.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pensions Istebraq Insurance 8 12.07.2017 09:10
Swiss Pensions - General Summary / 3rd Pillar Pensions Longbyt Finance/banking/taxation 0 20.02.2011 18:38
Pensions question evianers Finance/banking/taxation 3 04.10.2010 15:15
What pensions become GVAbound Finance/banking/taxation 6 06.12.2008 23:23
Pensions - how much are they really worth jbrady Finance/banking/taxation 22 17.06.2008 14:38


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0