Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Leaving Switzerland  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #141  
Old 18.02.2014, 16:49
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Zurich
Posts: 22
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts
Tasha2013 has no particular reputation at present
Re: Leaving Switzerland Permanently

Hi,
My family and I are leaving Switzerland permanently in March and I have a couple of questions:
1. We want to get rid of our car. Does anyone know of a good car dealer that takes used cars?

2. My husband start his new job on 1st of March so he's going to deregister next week, but me and my kids are staying in ZH a bit longer as I need to find a new "nachmieter". Is this even possible? that he deregisters and we don't?

3. Does anyone know of a popular swiss website to sell used stuff (furniture)?

Thanks for your help!
tasha
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 18.02.2014, 17:15
TheRisingSun's Avatar
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Zurich
Posts: 24
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
TheRisingSun has no particular reputation at present
Re: Leaving Switzerland Permanently

Quote:
View Post
Hi,
My family and I are leaving Switzerland permanently in March and I have a couple of questions:
1. We want to get rid of our car. Does anyone know of a good car dealer that takes used cars?

2. My husband start his new job on 1st of March so he's going to deregister next week, but me and my kids are staying in ZH a bit longer as I need to find a new "nachmieter". Is this even possible? that he deregisters and we don't?

3. Does anyone know of a popular swiss website to sell used stuff (furniture)?

Thanks for your help!
tasha
Hi Tasha,

For point 3 - you could sell on English Forum within the Market Place or you could also try Ricardo.ch.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank TheRisingSun for this useful post:
  #143  
Old 18.02.2014, 17:35
TidakApa's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Top of a Triangle
Posts: 2,992
Groaned at 38 Times in 29 Posts
Thanked 5,673 Times in 2,039 Posts
TidakApa has a reputation beyond reputeTidakApa has a reputation beyond reputeTidakApa has a reputation beyond reputeTidakApa has a reputation beyond reputeTidakApa has a reputation beyond reputeTidakApa has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Leaving Switzerland Permanently

I in all honesty don't know but I'll try

Quote:
View Post
Hi,
My family and I are leaving Switzerland permanently in March and I have a couple of questions:
1. We want to get rid of our car. Does anyone know of a good car dealer that takes used cars?
I'm not joking here...... but the EF is perhaps the most savage place ever to sell a car.
On the other hand there are a lot of people on here who really do know what they are talking about so you will get some good advice from people on how best to do so.

Hot tip - Have a look at www.autoscout24.ch to start with. (it's in German, sorry)
This will however give you a pretty good idea of an approximate market value for your car so fill in the blanks and see what's available.

Post your interests in the usual sale section of the forum and someone will be along shortly to hammer you about price, pictures and the usual bullshit that goes on.

Keep your eyes open for forum members Dodgeyken, Bigblue2, fatmanfilms who could help you out a bit.

Quote:
View Post
2. My husband start his new job on 1st of March so he's going to deregister next week, but me and my kids are staying in ZH a bit longer as I need to find a new "nachmieter". Is this even possible? that he deregisters and we don't?
It is odd that your husband can leave before you. Was your permit tied to his?....... in any case, I definitely can't answer that.

For the apartment, the rental situation is so tight here you won't have much trouble pushing it along.

Again, the market place here will definitely help but you will need obviously the rental value with nebenkosten, the size, location, and a few decent pics to help you out.

alternatively, there is also www.homegate.ch which is quite an agressive market place so things should shift quickly on that site.


Quote:
View Post
3. Does anyone know of a popular swiss website to sell used stuff (furniture)?

Thanks for your help!
tasha
As mentioned above in the previous post, either here or Riccardo.ch are perhaps the best places.
Remember, pics & prices are essential.
I'd recommend a quick search on Riccardo first to see what your items are worth.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank TidakApa for this useful post:
  #144  
Old 18.02.2014, 17:51
Medea Fleecestealer's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 22,141
Groaned at 406 Times in 315 Posts
Thanked 17,122 Times in 9,629 Posts
Medea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Leaving Switzerland Permanently

I would think that if you're his dependents you should really be moving at the same time as he does. But the best thing to do is ask your commune/gemeinde whether it's okay for you to stay a bit longer. Only they can tell you if they're happy for you to extend for a few weeks more or not.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank Medea Fleecestealer for this useful post:
  #145  
Old 18.02.2014, 17:54
3Wishes's Avatar
Moderately Amused
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bern area
Posts: 11,143
Groaned at 87 Times in 83 Posts
Thanked 18,853 Times in 8,394 Posts
3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Leaving Switzerland Permanently

Quote:
View Post
...
Post your interests in the usual sale section of the forum and someone will be along shortly to hammer you about price, pictures and the usual bullshit that goes on...

Again, the market place here will definitely help but you will need obviously the rental value with nebenkosten, the size, location, and a few decent pics to help you out...
Once she's eligible to post there, of course.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank 3Wishes for this useful post:
  #146  
Old 18.02.2014, 20:13
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Zurich
Posts: 22
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts
Tasha2013 has no particular reputation at present
Re: Leaving Switzerland Permanently

thanks for all your replies!
yeah, i can't post on Market place until next week.
really stupid of me to register on this forum only now that I'm leaving. I've been reading this forum for the past 2 years (since we moved to Switzerland) and found many helpful information.

but I'll try ricardo.ch. And homegate for the apartment.
as for our car - it's an old car with 225k km, so it's not worth much. I just want to get rid of it as soon as possible since we can't take it with us (we moving to Singapore).
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 18.02.2014, 20:17
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Zurich
Posts: 22
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts
Tasha2013 has no particular reputation at present
Re: Leaving Switzerland Permanently

Quote:
View Post
I would think that if you're his dependents you should really be moving at the same time as he does. But the best thing to do is ask your commune/gemeinde whether it's okay for you to stay a bit longer. Only they can tell you if they're happy for you to extend for a few weeks more or not.
Thanks, we're planning on asking them next week.
Just thought maybe someone here had the same situation...
I really have no idea how this works. Since he is the only one in our family with an income. I'm not sure if they're letting me stay here with two kids and no income.
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 18.02.2014, 20:50
fatmanfilms's Avatar
The Marmite Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Verbier
Posts: 21,003
Groaned at 450 Times in 344 Posts
Thanked 22,293 Times in 11,536 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Leaving Switzerland Permanently

Quote:
View Post
thanks for all your replies!
yeah, i can't post on Market place until next week.
really stupid of me to register on this forum only now that I'm leaving. I've been reading this forum for the past 2 years (since we moved to Switzerland) and found many helpful information.

but I'll try ricardo.ch. And homegate for the apartment.
as for our car - it's an old car with 225k km, so it's not worth much. I just want to get rid of it as soon as possible since we can't take it with us (we moving to Singapore).
If it's an Audi or BMW an export dealer will give you 500-1000, if it's an Astra you will have to pay for it to be scrapped.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank fatmanfilms for this useful post:
  #149  
Old 18.02.2014, 20:58
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Zurich
Posts: 22
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts
Tasha2013 has no particular reputation at present
Re: Leaving Switzerland Permanently

um it's a Ford Mondeo, 2006.
I was just looking on autoscout24 and they're selling such cars for cca 3000 chf. I was expecting a garage would give me maybe half of this???
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 26.02.2014, 21:48
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Zurich
Posts: 22
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts
Tasha2013 has no particular reputation at present
Re: Leaving Switzerland Permanently

ok, so fatmanfilms was right.
no dealer wants to buy our car - they say once it has more than 200,000 km no one wants to buy it.
so not sure what we'll do with it. thinking of importing it back to our home country, a friend of ours is interested in buying it.

regarding the deregistration - at the stadt house they said it's no problem if the kids and I stay here for another month. so my husband deregistered today and we'll do it when we actually leave.

thanks to everyone for your replies!
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank Tasha2013 for this useful post:
  #151  
Old 26.02.2014, 22:46
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: ZH
Posts: 5,317
Groaned at 58 Times in 48 Posts
Thanked 2,696 Times in 1,612 Posts
SOBEIT has a reputation beyond reputeSOBEIT has a reputation beyond reputeSOBEIT has a reputation beyond reputeSOBEIT has a reputation beyond reputeSOBEIT has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Leaving Switzerland Permanently

Good luck for the future.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank SOBEIT for this useful post:
  #152  
Old 05.03.2014, 17:21
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: zurich
Posts: 11
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
pritesh1234 has no particular reputation at present
Re: Leaving Switzerland Permanently

Hi All,

I have to leave switzerland in June first week, but due to personal reasons, my spouse and kid are required to leave 5-6 weeks before.

Please can some one let me know

1) Is it possible to deregister them prior I leave, as they have dependent L cards.

2) What are the implications on the AVG ,BVG insurance and tax formalities if they leave earlier to me.

3) Any other dependency or things to take care , if dependents leave earlier.

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 11.03.2014, 12:16
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Zurich
Posts: 8
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
porti00 has no particular reputation at present
Re: Leaving Switzerland Permanently

Hi everybody,

I am leaving Switzerland after two years working for a Swiss company. I am coming back to Spain and I was wondering if I could transfer my social pension back, so that way I would have this two years as worked in the Spanish system.

Thanks in advance!!
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 11.03.2014, 12:59
Medea Fleecestealer's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 22,141
Groaned at 406 Times in 315 Posts
Thanked 17,122 Times in 9,629 Posts
Medea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Leaving Switzerland Permanently

No, the mandatory part has to stay in a blocked account here until you reach retirement age.

Payout of the pension fund to persons moving to an EU / EFTA member state

Anyone leaving Switzerland to settle in an EU/EFTA member state, may generally not cash in their pension from the compulsory pension plan as persons in the new country of domicile are insured by law to receive old age, survivors' and invalidity benefits. The mandatory portion of your pension assets must therefore remain in a blocked account (vested benefits account or policy) in Switzerland and can only be paid out when you reach retirement age. The extra-mandatory portion of your pension, however, may be paid out in cash. The mandatory and extra-mandatory portions of your pension are listed on the personal insurance certificate under the heading ‘Retirement provision information’.
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 11.03.2014, 17:37
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Zurich
Posts: 8
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
porti00 has no particular reputation at present
Re: Leaving Switzerland Permanently

Quote:
View Post
No, the mandatory part has to stay in a blocked account here until you reach retirement age.

Payout of the pension fund to persons moving to an EU / EFTA member state

Anyone leaving Switzerland to settle in an EU/EFTA member state, may generally not cash in their pension from the compulsory pension plan as persons in the new country of domicile are insured by law to receive old age, survivors' and invalidity benefits. The mandatory portion of your pension assets must therefore remain in a blocked account (vested benefits account or policy) in Switzerland and can only be paid out when you reach retirement age. The extra-mandatory portion of your pension, however, may be paid out in cash. The mandatory and extra-mandatory portions of your pension are listed on the personal insurance certificate under the heading ‘Retirement provision information’.
Thanks a lot!!
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 11.03.2014, 19:01
fatmanfilms's Avatar
The Marmite Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Verbier
Posts: 21,003
Groaned at 450 Times in 344 Posts
Thanked 22,293 Times in 11,536 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Leaving Switzerland Permanently

Quote:
View Post
No, the mandatory part has to stay in a blocked account here until you reach retirement age.

Payout of the pension fund to persons moving to an EU / EFTA member state

Anyone leaving Switzerland to settle in an EU/EFTA member state, may generally not cash in their pension from the compulsory pension plan as persons in the new country of domicile are insured by law to receive old age, survivors' and invalidity benefits. The mandatory portion of your pension assets must therefore remain in a blocked account (vested benefits account or policy) in Switzerland and can only be paid out when you reach retirement age. The extra-mandatory portion of your pension, however, may be paid out in cash. The mandatory and extra-mandatory portions of your pension are listed on the personal insurance certificate under the heading ‘Retirement provision information’.
'may generally not' however in many cases you can if you go to the UK or France where it's not compulsory to carry such insurance by law.
Google Swiss LOB guarantee fund for more info.

Pllar II is in 2 parts, any extra obligatory can ALWAYS be reclaimed.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank fatmanfilms for this useful post:
  #157  
Old 04.04.2014, 14:07
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Zürich
Posts: 10
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Maria T has no particular reputation at present
Re: Leaving Switzerland Permanently

Don't forget to take out your pension - created tax free and taxed minimally on taking it out - seems like a good deal to me!
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Maria T for this useful post:
  #158  
Old 04.04.2014, 15:16
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Basel
Posts: 609
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 366 Times in 221 Posts
BaselPT is considered knowledgeableBaselPT is considered knowledgeableBaselPT is considered knowledgeable
Re: Leaving Switzerland Permanently

Quote:
View Post
Don't forget to take out your pension - created tax free and taxed minimally on taking it out - seems like a good deal to me!
Careful, you may get taxed on it in the country you arrive at.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank BaselPT for this useful post:
  #159  
Old 04.04.2014, 18:25
fatmanfilms's Avatar
The Marmite Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Verbier
Posts: 21,003
Groaned at 450 Times in 344 Posts
Thanked 22,293 Times in 11,536 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Leaving Switzerland Permanently

Quote:
View Post
Careful, you may get taxed on it in the country you arrive at.
Exactly as am payout is AFTER you have left CH so your not a Swiss resident for tax purposes.
Reply With Quote
  #160  
Old 20.06.2014, 21:59
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Lausanne, VD
Posts: 13
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
camima has no particular reputation at present
Re: Leaving Switzerland Permanently

Not sure if anyone mentioned that before, but if you got a swiss driving license after coming here, make sure to return it and get your original driving license back.
Also, to cancel medical insurance, it's necessary to have a confirmation from commune stating that you're leaving.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
checklist, leaving switzerland, moving from switzerland, relocation




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I hope to move to Switzerland permanently Abdulaziz Permits/visas/government 7 18.08.2016 12:49
Leaving Switzerland markalex General off-topic 1 08.07.2008 09:16
leaving switzerland poorboo Other/general 5 21.05.2008 11:05
Leaving Switzerland brie Other/general 5 26.11.2007 19:26
Swiss B permit holder wants to leave Switzerland permanently. yen Permits/visas/government 2 04.10.2007 13:07


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 00:54.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0