Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Other/general  
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 15.01.2011, 07:31
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 6
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hahaeverybody has no particular reputation at present
Any good wedding planner??

Hello everyone

I am from Hong Kong and my boyfriend and I are planning to go over to Switzerland to hold over wedding ceremony. As we want it to be memorable and ensure that almost nothing goes wrong, we are a little lost as to whom to engage in Switzerland to make all the necessary planning.

Is there any kind soul on EF that can volunteer some good idea and tips, as well as a wedding planner organisation that is reputable, reliable and delivers ?

Thank you for your valuable input.

Last edited by jrspet; 15.01.2011 at 07:47. Reason: Edited for clarity
  #2  
Old 15.01.2011, 08:14
Caviarchips's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Basel Stadt
Posts: 3,979
Groaned at 99 Times in 77 Posts
Thanked 6,677 Times in 2,388 Posts
Caviarchips has a reputation beyond reputeCaviarchips has a reputation beyond reputeCaviarchips has a reputation beyond reputeCaviarchips has a reputation beyond reputeCaviarchips has a reputation beyond reputeCaviarchips has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Any good wedding planner??

Congrautlations!

Have a little search around the forum....there is lots of information.

All i'd say is that if you are both not Swiss and not living here, its a good idea to get a planner to help with paperwork, local language difficulties etc but that (in my experience of having married here recently) the planners are either i) bad and controlling or ii) expensive.....and we ended up doing it ourselves instead

Good luck
  #3  
Old 15.01.2011, 08:37
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 6
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hahaeverybody has no particular reputation at present
Re: Any good wedding planner??

Thanks!!
In fact , i have contacted the Consulate General of Switzerland in HK. And the Consular Attaché is so nice and helpful who give a lot of information for me. And i also contacted the Zurich and Bernese Oberland civil registry. And they are nice too!!
But i am very worry that is it easy for us to do the applcation by ourselves?
UM~~~
can you share the procedure of the all applcation?
Cos we are planning to arrive on 25/1/2012 and leave Swiss on 28/01/2012. and hold the wedding ceremony on 27/1/2012.
Is it OK??

THANKS!!

Quote:
View Post
Congrautlations!

Have a little search around the forum....there is lots of information.

All i'd say is that if you are both not Swiss and not living here, its a good idea to get a planner to help with paperwork, local language difficulties etc but that (in my experience of having married here recently) the planners are either i) bad and controlling or ii) expensive.....and we ended up doing it ourselves instead

Good luck
  #4  
Old 15.01.2011, 09:15
jrspet's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Quaint Wädenswil, Zürich, CH
Posts: 8,131
Groaned at 27 Times in 20 Posts
Thanked 7,036 Times in 3,912 Posts
jrspet has a reputation beyond reputejrspet has a reputation beyond reputejrspet has a reputation beyond reputejrspet has a reputation beyond reputejrspet has a reputation beyond reputejrspet has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Any good wedding planner??

Congratulations and welcome to the forum! There is not much time left I see. Stay tuned to this thread ( we are about 8 hours behind you - it is now 08:15am - give it a few hours and I am sure more members will respond ).

  #5  
Old 15.01.2011, 09:36
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 6
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hahaeverybody has no particular reputation at present
Re: Any good wedding planner??

you are so nice!!!
THANKS!!!

Quote:
View Post
Congratulations and welcome to the forum! There is not much time left I see. Stay tuned to this thread ( we are about 8 hours behind you - it is now 08:15am - give it a few hours and I am sure more members will respond ).

  #6  
Old 15.01.2011, 10:20
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 6
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hahaeverybody has no particular reputation at present
Re: Any good wedding planner??

Caviarchips,
may i know that why you say they are i) bad and controlling ??
can you name those company or pm to me ??
Thanks!!!


Quote:
View Post
Congrautlations!

Have a little search around the forum....there is lots of information.

All i'd say is that if you are both not Swiss and not living here, its a good idea to get a planner to help with paperwork, local language difficulties etc but that (in my experience of having married here recently) the planners are either i) bad and controlling or ii) expensive.....and we ended up doing it ourselves instead

Good luck
  #7  
Old 15.01.2011, 19:07
Caviarchips's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Basel Stadt
Posts: 3,979
Groaned at 99 Times in 77 Posts
Thanked 6,677 Times in 2,388 Posts
Caviarchips has a reputation beyond reputeCaviarchips has a reputation beyond reputeCaviarchips has a reputation beyond reputeCaviarchips has a reputation beyond reputeCaviarchips has a reputation beyond reputeCaviarchips has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Any good wedding planner??

Quote:
View Post
Caviarchips,
may i know that why you say they are i) bad and controlling ??
can you name those company or pm to me ??
Thanks!!!
Wow! You want to do it in 10 days time?! I'm kind of out of my depth....not a professed expert on these things (we are both resident here so its probably different for "tourist" weddings than it was for us).....but we needed to submit papers from our respective embassies to the Swiss authorities and they looked at them for a while (few weeks) then sent us a letter saying that we were approved to be married here and we could then make an appointment for the wedding. It took a little while.

But don't listen to my opinion - if the Registry Office here said it was fine in that time, then it will be fine, I'm sure.

What kind of service do you want from the Wedding Planner?

(And given that posting on such a public forum is legally "publishing", I don't want to write which individuals didn't deliver, but if you PM me, i'll tell you who to avoid )
  #8  
Old 04.06.2011, 09:44
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 6
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hahaeverybody has no particular reputation at present
Re: Any good wedding planner??

Quote:
View Post
Wow! You want to do it in 10 days time?! I'm kind of out of my depth....not a professed expert on these things (we are both resident here so its probably different for "tourist" weddings than it was for us).....but we needed to submit papers from our respective embassies to the Swiss authorities and they looked at them for a while (few weeks) then sent us a letter saying that we were approved to be married here and we could then make an appointment for the wedding. It took a little while.

But don't listen to my opinion - if the Registry Office here said it was fine in that time, then it will be fine, I'm sure.

What kind of service do you want from the Wedding Planner?

(And given that posting on such a public forum is legally "publishing", I don't want to write which individuals didn't deliver, but if you PM me, i'll tell you who to avoid )
THANKS so much !! cos i am very busy recently , so seldom check this forum~~ thanks again !! my B day is 2012, so we have a lot of time ~~
  #9  
Old 06.06.2011, 16:37
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Baar
Posts: 284
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 115 Times in 56 Posts
bobo_97 has earned the respect of manybobo_97 has earned the respect of manybobo_97 has earned the respect of many
Re: Any good wedding planner??

Hi!

I dont have a link to a planner but to florists, priests, hotels, and so on:
http://magnusbogucki.com/inf/links/

I am a wedding photographer myself and you can see my latest work here:
http://magnusbogucki.com/blog


I hope this helps and if you have any questions dont hesitate to ask.

All the best
Magnus
Closed Thread




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any english speaking wedding planner? bobo_97 Family matters/health 2 09.06.2010 16:44
Does anyone know a good catering firm/party planner? MelissaT Food and drink 7 21.11.2008 00:16
Looking hard for a wedding planner David Wood Introductions 0 27.01.2008 21:18


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0