Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Other/general  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 29.01.2011, 23:39
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: san diego, california
Posts: 3
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
juanito9 has no particular reputation at present
looking for an old friend [94 year old pianist - Zug]

Hi, this is an odd question yet important for me. I would like to know if you can give me info about a woman i am looking for.
She is originally from Zug and i met her in Zandvoort, near The Hague in the Netherlands, as the second worl war just started. She was an exceptional pianist and by that time was working with a Bulgarian Bussiness man.
By now she should be around 94 years old and so do I. Unfortunely my memory is not giving the name yet, i hope it will come, so for the moment is all the info i can give.
I assume she returned to her home town Zug, and maybe she became known for her musical talents.
Can you give me any leads???
Appreciate very much.
Juanito9
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 29.01.2011, 23:47
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 168
Groaned at 36 Times in 19 Posts
Thanked 78 Times in 50 Posts
daboy is considered unworthydaboy is considered unworthydaboy is considered unworthydaboy is considered unworthy
Did you try facebook already? Very popular with musicians.
Reply With Quote
This user groans at daboy for this post:
  #3  
Old 30.01.2011, 10:42
Longbyt's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: ZH
Posts: 8,106
Groaned at 57 Times in 53 Posts
Thanked 12,980 Times in 4,732 Posts
Longbyt has a reputation beyond reputeLongbyt has a reputation beyond reputeLongbyt has a reputation beyond reputeLongbyt has a reputation beyond reputeLongbyt has a reputation beyond reputeLongbyt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: looking for an old friend

My, some folk have high hopes. Mind you, we've had two of these searches already and in both cases managed to find the person concerned. However, I think looking for a 94 year old, who may, or may not have gone back to Zug seventy years ago is and who most likely has since died, is going to be a hard nut to crack.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 30.01.2011, 12:42
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: N/A
Posts: 76
Groaned at 4 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 39 Times in 19 Posts
LordNacho has annoyed a few people around hereLordNacho has annoyed a few people around here
Re: looking for an old friend [94 year old pianist - Zug]

Quote:
View Post
Hi, this is an odd question yet important for me. I would like to know if you can give me info about a woman i am looking for.
She is originally from Zug and i met her in Zandvoort, near The Hague in the Netherlands, as the second worl war just started. She was an exceptional pianist and by that time was working with a Bulgarian Bussiness man.
By now she should be around 94 years old and so do I. Unfortunely my memory is not giving the name yet, i hope it will come, so for the moment is all the info i can give.
I assume she returned to her home town Zug, and maybe she became known for her musical talents.
Can you give me any leads???
Appreciate very much.
Juanito9
Zug is such a small town, if there's a city register or something, you could possibly look through the names of girls born in roughly that time and see if it jogs your memory.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 30.01.2011, 12:47
Longbyt's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: ZH
Posts: 8,106
Groaned at 57 Times in 53 Posts
Thanked 12,980 Times in 4,732 Posts
Longbyt has a reputation beyond reputeLongbyt has a reputation beyond reputeLongbyt has a reputation beyond reputeLongbyt has a reputation beyond reputeLongbyt has a reputation beyond reputeLongbyt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: looking for an old friend [94 year old pianist - Zug]

These days you might run into 'Datenschutz' - private information is no longer as accessible to the general public.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 30.01.2011, 13:18
Capacitrix's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Luzern Agglo
Posts: 427
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 194 Times in 127 Posts
Capacitrix is considered knowledgeableCapacitrix is considered knowledgeableCapacitrix is considered knowledgeable
Re: looking for an old friend [94 year old pianist - Zug]

'Datenschutz' is bit weaker after the person has passed away.

Could it be CÚcile Hux? The timeframe and profession match.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 31.01.2011, 03:48
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: san diego, california
Posts: 3
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
juanito9 has no particular reputation at present
Re: looking for an old friend [94 year old pianist - Zug]

Quote:
View Post
Zug is such a small town, if there's a city register or something, you could possibly look through the names of girls born in roughly that time and see if it jogs your memory.
Oh tahnk you, that is a very good idea.
I will se if can find some register on internet.
thank you
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 31.01.2011, 03:52
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: san diego, california
Posts: 3
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
juanito9 has no particular reputation at present
Re: looking for an old friend

Quote:
View Post
My, some folk have high hopes. Mind you, we've had two of these searches already and in both cases managed to find the person concerned. However, I think looking for a 94 year old, who may, or may not have gone back to Zug seventy years ago is and who most likely has since died, is going to be a hard nut to crack.
A hard nut indeed!. That is the beauty of this...if some teeth remain.
I hope to remeber her name...the memory is playing one of its usual tricks.
Thank you anyway for the hopes.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 31.01.2011, 10:21
Longbyt's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: ZH
Posts: 8,106
Groaned at 57 Times in 53 Posts
Thanked 12,980 Times in 4,732 Posts
Longbyt has a reputation beyond reputeLongbyt has a reputation beyond reputeLongbyt has a reputation beyond reputeLongbyt has a reputation beyond reputeLongbyt has a reputation beyond reputeLongbyt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: looking for an old friend [94 year old pianist - Zug]

Did you check the link in the 6th post?
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Concert Pianist for hire joski7 Concerts 4 03.12.2009 15:52


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 19:08.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0