Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Other/general  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03.08.2011, 22:25
auspex's Avatar
Junior Member
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Zurich
Posts: 35
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 24 Times in 7 Posts
auspex has no particular reputation at present
How to proceed when bringing someone without job into the country

Hi there,

Sorry about the long title, but basically that sums up my question.

I've been living and working in Switzerland for three months now. I'm quite settled down, got everything sorted... My girlfriend is going to join me soon, but the problem is that she doesn't have a job. We're not sure how to proceed in this respect. What I mean is, for example in terms of registration, should she register in the kreisburo ?, I thought about this and I was wondering if she could stay in here without getting registered for as long as her holidays period lasts. She is a EU citizens and she doesn't need to apply for visa to visit the country, but I'm not quite sure for how long... but that brings up another question, will she be able to seek a job without being registered in the kreisburo ?, because she'll start looking for something as soon as she sets foot in Zurich.

Then once this holidays period finishes she would have to register as a "job seeker" ? How doesn't it work exactly when you come to the country looking for a job ?. I came here already with a contract so I don't know how it is for those people who enter the country looking for a job.

Also I'm concern about opening a bank account because when I opened mine I needed to provide my contract. will she be able to open an account ?,

How about the health insurance ?, will she be able to get it without a job ?

Thanks a lot in advance


Last edited by auspex; 04.08.2011 at 00:03.
Reply With Quote
Old 03.08.2011, 23:01
Posts: n/a
Re: How to proceed when bringing someone without job into the country

She can come here as a visitor for 3 months without any problems. As soon as she finds a job she needs to register.


Tell her to bring her European medical card with her. For goodness sake don't get her pregnant!

If she goes back and registers as unemployed, she could get transferred here and come back again and register as unemployed.

Last edited by Ittigen; 03.08.2011 at 23:25.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank for this useful post:

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bringing English to Life into 111 schools in CH - the Aunt Annie way jrspet Swiss politics/news 0 16.01.2011 06:14
Bringing a bicycle into the country - do import taxes/duties apply? rocksteady Finance/banking/taxation 16 28.09.2010 09:12
Bought a motor cycle -> How to proceed? ElggDK Transportation/driving 6 03.05.2009 11:52
How to proceed with a disagreement over owed rent? gubles Complaints corner 40 06.03.2008 16:25

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 18:24.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0