Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Other/general  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 17.08.2011, 00:39
higgybaby's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 1,044
Groaned at 44 Times in 28 Posts
Thanked 815 Times in 422 Posts
higgybaby has a reputation beyond reputehiggybaby has a reputation beyond reputehiggybaby has a reputation beyond reputehiggybaby has a reputation beyond reputehiggybaby has a reputation beyond repute
Re: how to avoid stress?

Get yourself down to Funny Laundry. Shows starting again in September.
Although from checking it looks like it's been renamed again.
The International Comedy Club I see it is now.
Oh it's so stressful with all these name changes (anyone remember when it was called Jesters for a season)?
www.funnylaundry.ch
Enjoy.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank higgybaby for this useful post:
  #62  
Old 17.08.2011, 01:23
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 8
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
huffmaster has no particular reputation at present
Re: how to avoid stress?

Go float down a river where swimming is allowed. Exercise is major de-stresser too.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank huffmaster for this useful post:
  #63  
Old 17.08.2011, 02:15
hoppy
 
Posts: n/a
Re: how to avoid stress?

Quote:
View Post
Go float down a river where swimming is allowed. Exercise is major de-stresser too.
.

I try to combine this with hiking, but hate cold water.



I found a recipe for Cantucci ( Biscotti to me) so I'll make them tomorrow.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank for this useful post:
  #64  
Old 17.08.2011, 12:59
sandmann's Avatar
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: zürich
Posts: 22
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 12 Times in 8 Posts
sandmann has earned some respectsandmann has earned some respect
Re: how to avoid stress?

well , so manny good tips and advices. super ideas and verry helpfull. thanks to everybody
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 17.08.2011, 13:10
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: OOO
Posts: 3,724
Groaned at 79 Times in 55 Posts
Thanked 1,683 Times in 1,017 Posts
Sada has a reputation beyond reputeSada has a reputation beyond reputeSada has a reputation beyond reputeSada has a reputation beyond reputeSada has a reputation beyond reputeSada has a reputation beyond repute
Re: how to avoid stress?

Quote:
View Post
well , so manny good tips and advices. super ideas and verry helpfull. thanks to everybody
btw. sandmann, what's your link there on your first post all about?
I thought first it was a link to a game or something, you know, something to relax about ...
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 17.08.2011, 13:12
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Lausanne
Posts: 1,191
Groaned at 11 Times in 7 Posts
Thanked 1,781 Times in 704 Posts
ceppych has a reputation beyond reputeceppych has a reputation beyond reputeceppych has a reputation beyond reputeceppych has a reputation beyond reputeceppych has a reputation beyond reputeceppych has a reputation beyond repute
Re: how to avoid stress?

Quote:
View Post
.

I try to combine this with hiking, but hate cold water.



I found a recipe for Cantucci ( Biscotti to me) so I'll make them tomorrow.
Shall I send you my address?
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 17.08.2011, 21:43
hoppy
 
Posts: n/a
Re: how to avoid stress?

Quote:
View Post
Shall I send you my address?
Nah! my grandfather was a Suisse Patissiere ( however you spell it) my sister is also a chef, excellent at pastries. My husband loves to cook to relax, he learned how to do pastries during his student days at Louis in Hampstead and takes cookery courses. My mum used to make great flapjacks and Scottish shortbread. My biscuits are never that great- but I still eat them.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 17.08.2011, 21:59
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Lausanne
Posts: 1,191
Groaned at 11 Times in 7 Posts
Thanked 1,781 Times in 704 Posts
ceppych has a reputation beyond reputeceppych has a reputation beyond reputeceppych has a reputation beyond reputeceppych has a reputation beyond reputeceppych has a reputation beyond reputeceppych has a reputation beyond repute
Re: how to avoid stress?

Quote:
View Post
Nah! my grandfather was a Suisse Patissiere ( however you spell it) my sister is also a chef, excellent at pastries. My husband loves to cook to relax, he learned how to do pastries during his student days at Louis in Hampstead and takes cookery courses. My mum used to make great flapjacks and Scottish shortbread. My biscuits are never that great- but I still eat them.
No. I meant shall I send you my address so that you can SEND ME some of your biscuits.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank ceppych for this useful post:
  #69  
Old 17.08.2011, 23:24
hoppy
 
Posts: n/a
Re: how to avoid stress?

Quote:
View Post
No. I meant shall I send you my address so that you can SEND ME some of your biscuits.
Next time I am in Switzerland I will make a big batch and anyone who likes can come and pick them up. How's that?

They were easy to make but I have to make another batch, the real Cantucci don't have butter in (I have just learned) and I used too much nutmeg because I can never follow a recipe- recipes are just guides to me. Set my fire alarm off again- that alarm stresses me out.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 18.08.2011, 07:19
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Lausanne
Posts: 1,191
Groaned at 11 Times in 7 Posts
Thanked 1,781 Times in 704 Posts
ceppych has a reputation beyond reputeceppych has a reputation beyond reputeceppych has a reputation beyond reputeceppych has a reputation beyond reputeceppych has a reputation beyond reputeceppych has a reputation beyond repute
Re: how to avoid stress?

Quote:
View Post
Next time I am in Switzerland I will make a big batch and anyone who likes can come and pick them up. How's that?

They were easy to make but I have to make another batch, the real Cantucci don't have butter in (I have just learned) and I used too much nutmeg because I can never follow a recipe- recipes are just guides to me. Set my fire alarm off again- that alarm stresses me out.
I'll even lend you my kitchen, and the old boy can do the washing-up
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to avoid fruit flies??? abzurich Other/general 166 15.12.2020 11:29
Visitor Messages - how to avoid olygirl Forum support 4 31.01.2011 23:36
How to Avoid Injury on the Slopes dod Sports / Fitness / Beauty / Wellness 8 16.12.2009 15:41
Twilight Break-ins - how to avoid Danis Daily life 31 06.05.2008 14:18


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 17:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0