Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Other/general  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02.12.2011, 23:07
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Basel
Posts: 48
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts
Kuppu has annoyed a few people around hereKuppu has annoyed a few people around hereKuppu has annoyed a few people around here
Where to buy thermal innerwear in Basel

Hi There,

I have to travel to a country where the average temperature is below the freezing point and so, I am frantically looking around to buy a thermal innerwear ...

I looked around in some shops and couldn't find any.
Internet shopping is not an option at the moment as I don't have much time left.
Any suggestions as to where I can find one would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Kuppu

PS: I had to post using this thread as I was unable to post a new thread. Sorry for barging-in
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02.12.2011, 23:11
Longbyt's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: ZH
Posts: 8,105
Groaned at 57 Times in 53 Posts
Thanked 12,980 Times in 4,732 Posts
Longbyt has a reputation beyond reputeLongbyt has a reputation beyond reputeLongbyt has a reputation beyond reputeLongbyt has a reputation beyond reputeLongbyt has a reputation beyond reputeLongbyt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: WANTED : playpen [Bern]

I expect you were trying to post in the Market Place - you are not yet eligible to post there, but your request doesn't belong there anyway.
Sports shops and department stores have thermal underwear

I wanted to move your post to another thread on the same subject but another Moderator was quicker.

Kost Sport in Basel has Odlo, which is one of the more expensive makes. Migros - a larger store with a sports' departement will have cheaper versions of the same thing. These days there are two or three thicknesses of thermal underwear so check that you buy the right one for your needs.
__________________
Longbyt
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02.12.2011, 23:16
ecb's Avatar
ecb ecb is offline
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: out n about - it's summer!
Posts: 2,198
Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts
Thanked 3,566 Times in 1,322 Posts
ecb has a reputation beyond reputeecb has a reputation beyond reputeecb has a reputation beyond reputeecb has a reputation beyond reputeecb has a reputation beyond reputeecb has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Where to buy thermal innerwear in Basel

Manor have very reasonably priced thermal underwear. Jack Wolfskin does good underwear but is more pricey. Similarly most sports shops (Oeschner sport for example) do the Odlo brand for children .. again quite pricey.

I also really like the underwear (long sleeve t shirts and long under trousers) that they do in C&A. Much much more reasonable in price but probably not thermal.

When our little one was aged 1 to 2, we bought an all in one scandanavian brand thermal fleece thing (the brand name of which escapes me but we got it in Intersport in Sissach). It was cute, cuddly, warm as toast and very very practical as you could strip off all outdoor layers and let him toddle about indoors in this all in one, (in ski restaurants etc). Really warm. One of my favourite thermal undergarments and won all fronts (except price perhaps .. )

PS Sorry I answered this for children as you had originally posted on a playpen thread .. but I see your question doesn't directly relate to kids .. so apologies for extraneous kid info ... but Jack Wolfskin and any good sports shop for the Odlo brand hold good for adults too.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02.12.2011, 23:32
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Basel
Posts: 48
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts
Kuppu has annoyed a few people around hereKuppu has annoyed a few people around hereKuppu has annoyed a few people around here
Re: WANTED : playpen [Bern]

Thanks very much.


Quote:
View Post
I expect you were trying to post in the Market Place - you are not yet eligible to post there, but your request doesn't belong there anyway.
Sports shops and department stores have thermal underwear

I wanted to move your post to another thread on the same subject but another Moderator was quicker.

Kost Sport in Basel has Odlo, which is one of the more expensive makes. Migros - a larger store with a sports' departement will have cheaper versions of the same thing. These days there are two or three thicknesses of thermal underwear so check that you buy the right one for your needs.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02.12.2011, 23:40
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Basel
Posts: 48
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts
Kuppu has annoyed a few people around hereKuppu has annoyed a few people around hereKuppu has annoyed a few people around here
Re: Where to buy thermal innerwear in Basel

Thanks.
I went to Manor, Saint Jakob and didn't find what I was looking for. I just downloaded Jack Wolfskin catalogue and I will go to Stücki to see, if I can find one to suit my need and budget.

Quote:
View Post
Manor have very reasonably priced thermal underwear. Jack Wolfskin does good underwear but is more pricey. Similarly most sports shops (Oeschner sport for example) do the Odlo brand for children .. again quite pricey.

I also really like the underwear (long sleeve t shirts and long under trousers) that they do in C&A. Much much more reasonable in price but probably not thermal.

When our little one was aged 1 to 2, we bought an all in one scandanavian brand thermal fleece thing (the brand name of which escapes me but we got it in Intersport in Sissach). It was cute, cuddly, warm as toast and very very practical as you could strip off all outdoor layers and let him toddle about indoors in this all in one, (in ski restaurants etc). Really warm. One of my favourite thermal undergarments and won all fronts (except price perhaps .. )

PS Sorry I answered this for children as you had originally posted on a playpen thread .. but I see your question doesn't directly relate to kids .. so apologies for extraneous kid info ... but Jack Wolfskin and any good sports shop for the Odlo brand hold good for adults too.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03.12.2011, 18:20
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Basel
Posts: 48
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts
Kuppu has annoyed a few people around hereKuppu has annoyed a few people around hereKuppu has annoyed a few people around here
Re: Where to buy thermal innerwear in Basel

Thanks ECB.
I purchased one today at Oeschner Sport (Stücki) and was indeed quite pricey.
After I brought it, I came across a web page that lists some other brand which is higher in ranking and far below in price (approx. 40% of odlo).
I post this link in the hope it helps someone looking for thermal underwears.

http://assets.odlo.com/downloads/kti...l_odlo_gut.pdf



Quote:
View Post
Manor have very reasonably priced thermal underwear. Jack Wolfskin does good underwear but is more pricey. Similarly most sports shops (Oeschner sport for example) do the Odlo brand for children .. again quite pricey.

I also really like the underwear (long sleeve t shirts and long under trousers) that they do in C&A. Much much more reasonable in price but probably not thermal.

When our little one was aged 1 to 2, we bought an all in one scandanavian brand thermal fleece thing (the brand name of which escapes me but we got it in Intersport in Sissach). It was cute, cuddly, warm as toast and very very practical as you could strip off all outdoor layers and let him toddle about indoors in this all in one, (in ski restaurants etc). Really warm. One of my favourite thermal undergarments and won all fronts (except price perhaps .. )

PS Sorry I answered this for children as you had originally posted on a playpen thread .. but I see your question doesn't directly relate to kids .. so apologies for extraneous kid info ... but Jack Wolfskin and any good sports shop for the Odlo brand hold good for adults too.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03.12.2011, 18:35
Village Idiot's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Basel
Posts: 3,700
Groaned at 35 Times in 32 Posts
Thanked 6,966 Times in 2,251 Posts
Village Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeVillage Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeVillage Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeVillage Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeVillage Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeVillage Idiot has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Where to buy thermal innerwear in Basel

It's a bit too late to help you, but in case it helps someone else, you can also get high-quality (but expensive) winter-weather gear from Mammut.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04.12.2011, 21:32
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Basel
Posts: 48
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts
Kuppu has annoyed a few people around hereKuppu has annoyed a few people around hereKuppu has annoyed a few people around here
Re: Where to buy thermal innerwear in Basel

As per swiss consumer portal (http://www.ktipp.ch/), Mammut is rated lower than K-tech and Mammut by the way, costs 3.5 times more than K-tech. Mammut ranking is 5 and K-tech is 5.2; Mammut cost -> 140 CHF and K-tech -> 39.90 CHF.
If I were to make the choice, I would ignore Mammut and thats my personal view.


Quote:
View Post
It's a bit too late to help you, but in case it helps someone else, you can also get high-quality (but expensive) winter-weather gear from Mammut.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04.12.2011, 21:38
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Where to buy thermal innerwear in Basel

They had some amazing stuff the other day in Aldi.

For me though, silk is the absolute best insulation and I buy from Patra in the UK.

www.patra.com
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04.12.2011, 21:41
KeinFranzösisch's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 2,198
Groaned at 63 Times in 38 Posts
Thanked 2,549 Times in 1,115 Posts
KeinFranzösisch has a reputation beyond reputeKeinFranzösisch has a reputation beyond reputeKeinFranzösisch has a reputation beyond reputeKeinFranzösisch has a reputation beyond reputeKeinFranzösisch has a reputation beyond reputeKeinFranzösisch has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Where to buy thermal innerwear in Basel

Quote:
View Post
Hi There,

I have to travel to a country where the average temperature is below the freezing point and so, I am frantically looking around to buy a thermal innerwear ...

I looked around in some shops and couldn't find any.
Internet shopping is not an option at the moment as I don't have much time left.
Any suggestions as to where I can find one would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Kuppu

PS: I had to post using this thread as I was unable to post a new thread. Sorry for barging-in
I've been seeing it all over the place.

Manor, Athleticum*, any MMM Migros, Coop City and Pfauen in the Center of town as well. Even Charles Vögele had some when I was there on Saturday.

*I'd recommend this one.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Where to buy DVDs in Basel Scott&Edward Daily life 3 06.10.2010 14:30
Where to buy paint in Basel? wilbur Housing in general 8 01.02.2010 14:23
Where to buy Weleda products in Basel Natachika Family matters/health 9 01.10.2009 14:44
Mexican Ingredients - Where to buy in Basel? vanessa-g Other/general 3 19.06.2008 18:20
Where to buy pastrami in Basel? grantley Food and drink 3 17.03.2008 14:34


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0