Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Other/general  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 23.02.2012, 19:29
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 11
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
wafwrap has no particular reputation at present
nurse seeking advice from the community re. nurse work

I'm getting anxious on what I may expect in Switzerland, besides the standard of living. As a nurse in the Philippines, I don't know what to expect in my work in the University Hospital Zurich. I can't sleep because I am thinking day and night for things to prepare.

I review my German notes. Do advance reading about my workplace. Read insights from EF. Search where to take my B2 lessons while working...But still, I think these aren't enough!

This would be my very first work outside my country, and I strongly need to be fully prepared. I may be paranoid, but earnestly yearning for a friendly advice from my colleagues .
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 23.02.2012, 19:33
Longbyt's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: ZH
Posts: 8,130
Groaned at 57 Times in 53 Posts
Thanked 12,980 Times in 4,732 Posts
Longbyt has a reputation beyond reputeLongbyt has a reputation beyond reputeLongbyt has a reputation beyond reputeLongbyt has a reputation beyond reputeLongbyt has a reputation beyond reputeLongbyt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: nurse seeking advice from the community re. nurse work

I'm not a colleague but I can understand your worries. However, too much worrying (I am a born worrier so I know what I am talking about) isn't going to help.
There ARE folk who will help you. There ARE other folk from the Philippines here. Ask when you get stuck - in spite of all the joking and taking the Micky, there are good folk around on EF when the going gets tough. Good luck.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 23.02.2012, 20:29
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 11
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
wafwrap has no particular reputation at present
Re: nurse seeking advice from the community re. nurse work

Quote:
View Post
I'm not a colleague but I can understand your worries. However, too much worrying (I am a born worrier so I know what I am talking about) isn't going to help.
There ARE folk who will help you. There ARE other folk from the Philippines here. Ask when you get stuck - in spite of all the joking and taking the Micky, there are good folk around on EF when the going gets tough. Good luck.
Thanks, Longbyt! Looking forward on surpassing these hurdles, and meeting you in REAL LIFE! A little motivation goes a long way for me.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10.10.2013, 12:49
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Neuchâtel
Posts: 8
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Brave Intrepid has made some interesting contributions
Re: nurse seeking advice from the community re. nurse work

Quote:
View Post
I'm getting anxious on what I may expect in Switzerland, besides the standard of living. As a nurse in the Philippines, I don't know what to expect in my work in the University Hospital Zurich. I can't sleep because I am thinking day and night for things to prepare.

I review my German notes. Do advance reading about my workplace. Read insights from EF. Search where to take my B2 lessons while working...But still, I think these aren't enough!

This would be my very first work outside my country, and I strongly need to be fully prepared. I may be paranoid, but earnestly yearning for a friendly advice from my colleagues .
Hi kabayan,

I am also a nurse from the Philippines. I live in the french canton and for two years I have been working on my reconnaissance de diplome (diploma recognition) that they do here in Switzerland. I recently finished the 2nd module that the asked me to do and next week I will sit for the first final exam.

I am just wondering, do you work directly as a nurse here in Switzerland?
If so, what procedure did you go through and didn't you need the same process that I am following in order to work as a nurse?

These are just the curiosities that came into my mind when I read you post.

I am hoping for your kind reply.

Cheers,

Brave intrepid
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10.10.2013, 13:21
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Zurich
Posts: 20
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 8 Times in 2 Posts
mascha has no particular reputation at present
Re: nurse seeking advice from the community re. nurse work

there is a website that you guys may find helpful for sharing your experinces and asking question, nursebook.ch.
Good luck!
Masha
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12.06.2018, 20:16
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Thun
Posts: 16
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
heidee has no particular reputation at present
Quote:
View Post
I'm getting anxious on what I may expect in Switzerland, besides the standard of living. As a nurse in the Philippines, I don't know what to expect in my work in the University Hospital Zurich. I can't sleep because I am thinking day and night for things to prepare.

I review my German notes. Do advance reading about my workplace. Read insights from EF. Search where to take my B2 lessons while working...But still, I think these aren't enough!

This would be my very first work outside my country, and I strongly need to be fully prepared. I may be paranoid, but earnestly yearning for a friendly advice from my colleagues .
hello im a nurse too from Philippines...did you send all your papers to the Swiss Red Cross? thats for the Vorprüfung...if you still need a course to be a nurse in here...in my case, they said that i need to have B2 Deutsch Zertifikat, which i have already...and i will send all my documents again to them...coz now they will check really deatil by detail....

Quote:
View Post
Hi kabayan,

I am also a nurse from the Philippines. I live in the french canton and for two years I have been working on my reconnaissance de diplome (diploma recognition) that they do here in Switzerland. I recently finished the 2nd module that the asked me to do and next week I will sit for the first final exam.

I am just wondering, do you work directly as a nurse here in Switzerland?
If so, what procedure did you go through and didn't you need the same process that I am following in order to work as a nurse?

These are just the curiosities that came into my mind when I read you post.

I am hoping for your kind reply.

Cheers,

Brave intrepid
hello po how long did you study here para ma.nurse?? im also a nurse in the Philippines...

Last edited by 3Wishes; 12.06.2018 at 22:41. Reason: merging consecutive replies
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
nurse: possibility to work in Switzerland cyriacbobby Employment 2 20.06.2011 13:35
Canadian wanting to work as a male nurse in Switzerland - possible? tobyxoir General off-topic 2 16.03.2010 21:31


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 22:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0