Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Other/general  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03.05.2012, 20:13
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Wadenswil
Posts: 156
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 103 Times in 48 Posts
LilyLoo is considered knowledgeableLilyLoo is considered knowledgeableLilyLoo is considered knowledgeable
Coffee Machine in Aldi?

Has any bought and tried the coffee machine thats for sale in Aldi for 60 CHF?? Myself and my boyfriend were looking at it today but i dont want to get it if its a piece of junk!! And at that price it very easily could be!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03.05.2012, 21:14
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Zug
Posts: 157
Groaned at 12 Times in 8 Posts
Thanked 142 Times in 72 Posts
localresident is considered knowledgeablelocalresident is considered knowledgeablelocalresident is considered knowledgeable
Re: Coffee Machine in Aldi?

I have one. It has been working fine for the last 6 months.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03.05.2012, 21:18
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Wadenswil
Posts: 156
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 103 Times in 48 Posts
LilyLoo is considered knowledgeableLilyLoo is considered knowledgeableLilyLoo is considered knowledgeable
Re: Coffee Machine in Aldi?

is the coffee from capsules? would you recommend it?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03.05.2012, 21:50
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Zug
Posts: 157
Groaned at 12 Times in 8 Posts
Thanked 142 Times in 72 Posts
localresident is considered knowledgeablelocalresident is considered knowledgeablelocalresident is considered knowledgeable
Re: Coffee Machine in Aldi?

Yes, the coffee is from capsules. The system has already been available in Switzerland for about 3 years (Coop, Fust). I like the taste. Compared to Nespresso I would describe the flavours of some of the coffees as slightly more 'robust', whereas Nespresso tends to be a bit 'sweeter' and 'fruitier'. Overall I can't fault the coffee at all. Just having a cup as I am writing.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank localresident for this useful post:
  #5  
Old 04.05.2012, 11:37
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Coffee Machine in Aldi?

Quote:
View Post
Yes, the coffee is from capsules. The system has already been available in Switzerland for about 3 years (Coop, Fust). I like the taste. Compared to Nespresso I would describe the flavours of some of the coffees as slightly more 'robust', whereas Nespresso tends to be a bit 'sweeter' and 'fruitier'. Overall I can't fault the coffee at all. Just having a cup as I am writing.
Is this the one? Looks like the capsules would be interchangeable with Nespresso ones, and I've seen other cheap brands looking the same. Have you tried other ones?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04.05.2012, 21:11
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Zug
Posts: 157
Groaned at 12 Times in 8 Posts
Thanked 142 Times in 72 Posts
localresident is considered knowledgeablelocalresident is considered knowledgeablelocalresident is considered knowledgeable
Re: Coffee Machine in Aldi?

No, they are not interchangeable.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04.05.2012, 21:41
Darcy1's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Esslingen,Egg
Posts: 459
Groaned at 76 Times in 31 Posts
Thanked 636 Times in 234 Posts
Darcy1 has a reputation beyond reputeDarcy1 has a reputation beyond reputeDarcy1 has a reputation beyond reputeDarcy1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coffee Machine in Aldi?

Hi,
It looks really good but how much are the capsules? sometimes these really good deals fall foul of expensive refill costs.

Darcy
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04.05.2012, 23:47
Belgianmum's Avatar
Roastbeef & Yorkshire mod
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Neuchâtel
Posts: 13,481
Groaned at 251 Times in 212 Posts
Thanked 22,659 Times in 9,252 Posts
Belgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coffee Machine in Aldi?

OH had one during the time when he lived here alone. It came from Fust and the capsules aren't expensive (less than nespresso).

Although we don't have it any more a fellow EFer is still using it 4 years later.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04.05.2012, 23:56
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Zug
Posts: 157
Groaned at 12 Times in 8 Posts
Thanked 142 Times in 72 Posts
localresident is considered knowledgeablelocalresident is considered knowledgeablelocalresident is considered knowledgeable
Re: Coffee Machine in Aldi?

Price of capsules is half that of Nespresso, the machine is solid and coffee tastes great. I can't fault it. I previously had another capsule machine (Solis 1 2 3 spresso) and when Migros stopped stocking the capsules I had to get a replacement. I ended up with the Aldi machine and have not regretted my choice.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05.05.2012, 00:26
Doctor's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 1,069
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 527 Times in 323 Posts
Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor has a reputation beyond reputeDoctor has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coffee Machine in Aldi?

I dont understand, why anybody would want to own a capsule coffee machine. You end up paying 3 times as much per cup, you are limited to buy your coffee in just 1 or 2 shops, and the capsules can not be reused, and take up a lot of space in the trash. Also the coffee shelf in the coop near me is several meter wide. There is at least 20 varieties of coffee, but only 4-5 capsule types. why would anybody want to pay so much more for getting limited in their choice of coffee ?
I do see the point in an office environment, where many people use it, but not in a private home.

Doc.
__________________
‘I had a bottle of whisky that I’d bought to take with me when I go to visit friends in Canada, but I thought, “I’m not opening that for him!”
- Gillian Duffy when Gordon Brown visited her
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Doctor for this useful post:
  #11  
Old 07.05.2012, 17:20
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Wadenswil
Posts: 156
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 103 Times in 48 Posts
LilyLoo is considered knowledgeableLilyLoo is considered knowledgeableLilyLoo is considered knowledgeable
Re: Coffee Machine in Aldi?

So can you only use the capsules that are sold in Aldi??
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07.05.2012, 17:29
Belgianmum's Avatar
Roastbeef & Yorkshire mod
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Neuchâtel
Posts: 13,481
Groaned at 251 Times in 212 Posts
Thanked 22,659 Times in 9,252 Posts
Belgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coffee Machine in Aldi?

Quote:
View Post
So can you only use the capsules that are sold in Aldi??
No they are Martello brand and you can buy them in lots of other places (coop, denner etc) as well as in Aldi.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07.05.2012, 17:32
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Coffee Machine in Aldi?

Quote:
View Post
I dont understand, why anybody would want to own a capsule coffee machine. You end up paying 3 times as much per cup, you are limited to buy your coffee in just 1 or 2 shops, and the capsules can not be reused, and take up a lot of space in the trash. Also the coffee shelf in the coop near me is several meter wide. There is at least 20 varieties of coffee, but only 4-5 capsule types. why would anybody want to pay so much more for getting limited in their choice of coffee ?
I do see the point in an office environment, where many people use it, but not in a private home.

Doc.
I agree completely, but then not everyone is happy to pay upwards of 500 francs (or more like 1000-1500 in many cases) for a fully-automated machine.

But if you're suggesting something that takes any time or effort to make, then I think you're missing the basic point
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07.05.2012, 17:44
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Wadenswil
Posts: 156
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 103 Times in 48 Posts
LilyLoo is considered knowledgeableLilyLoo is considered knowledgeableLilyLoo is considered knowledgeable
Re: Coffee Machine in Aldi?

Quote:
I agree completely, but then not everyone is happy to pay upwards of 500 francs (or more like 1000-1500 in many cases) for a fully-automated machine.:
And that exactly why im asking these questions! My man worry that it wasnt a very good coffee machine because it was so cheap but most of you speak quite highly of it!

My other worry was that if you could only buy the capsules in Aldi, once they decide to stop selling them your left with a pretty much useless coffee machine! But turns out you can buy them elsewhere!!

Thank you everyone for answering! I really appreciate it! Thinking maybe it might be a good idea to purchase one!

If anyone else has anything to add id love to hear it!

Thanks again! x
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08.05.2012, 14:38
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Zurich
Posts: 34
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 20 Times in 13 Posts
Fredzzz has earned some respectFredzzz has earned some respect
Re: Coffee Machine in Aldi?

I have both a Nespresso coffe machine and the Aldi/Lidl coffe machine. Obviously the Nespresso one is better, with the bean grinder and such, but the Aldi/Lidl one surely doesn't fall short.

Also, I have very good experience with Aldi's customer service. When your product breaks within, and sometimes even after, the guarantee period, they don't hesitate to refund you or send you a new model. I've had an issue with a computer and a drilling machine - both were replaced or refunded.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08.05.2012, 20:08
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Coffee Machine in Aldi?

Quote:
View Post
I have both a Nespresso coffe machine and the Aldi/Lidl coffe machine. Obviously the Nespresso one is better, with the bean grinder and such, but the Aldi/Lidl one surely doesn't fall short.
Errr, let's get this straight, you have a Nespresso machine, which uses Nestlé's own capsules, and it has a grinder on it as well? Sounds unlikely to me.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08.05.2012, 20:20
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Zurich Unterland
Posts: 3,315
Groaned at 145 Times in 99 Posts
Thanked 4,850 Times in 1,930 Posts
smoky has a reputation beyond reputesmoky has a reputation beyond reputesmoky has a reputation beyond reputesmoky has a reputation beyond reputesmoky has a reputation beyond reputesmoky has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coffee Machine in Aldi?

In the interests of further education, should it be required, in a state of emergency ........... Did you know.....? You can also make an excellent big cup of coffee without a machine?

You merely ladel 2 spoons of ground coffee into a nice big Coke/water glass, add your sugar (if required), add hot water, stir, add your milk (if required), and in a few moments the grounds have sunk to the bottom, if not, another light stir settles them, and you have an excellent glass of coffee (old Turkish method of making coffee - learned from a building labourer who had no facilities, or money, for coffee machine).

I wish I`d known this method when after being invited for a brunch, the hostesses coffee machine would not function, and we were coffee-less!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08.05.2012, 20:26
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: England
Posts: 94
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 53 Times in 36 Posts
MKKara is considered knowledgeableMKKara is considered knowledgeableMKKara is considered knowledgeable
Re: Coffee Machine in Aldi?

Quote:
View Post
In the interests of further education, should it be required, in a state of emergency ........... Did you know.....? You can also make an excellent big cup of coffee without a machine?

You merely ladel 2 spoons of ground coffee into a nice big Coke/water glass, add your sugar (if required), add hot water, stir, add your milk (if required), and in a few moments the grounds have sunk to the bottom, if not, another light stir settles them, and you have an excellent glass of coffee (old Turkish method of making coffee - learned from a building labourer who had no facilities, or money, for coffee machine).

I wish I`d known this method when after being invited for a brunch, the hostesses coffee machine would not function, and we were coffee-less!
That's just how my husband makes his coffee only without the milk and sugar! I thought he was crazy when I first saw it but he says it's fine. I'm glad to hear someone else does the same!
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank MKKara for this useful post:
  #19  
Old 24.06.2012, 12:20
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Wadenswil
Posts: 156
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 103 Times in 48 Posts
LilyLoo is considered knowledgeableLilyLoo is considered knowledgeableLilyLoo is considered knowledgeable
Re: Coffee Machine in Aldi?

Ok new question!! Its coffee machine related so may aswell keep it in here!

So yesterday we got extremely lucky and somebody gave us their nespresso coffee machine!!!!

My question is.....is it only possible to use the nespresso capsules or can you get away with using cheaper ones??
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 24.06.2012, 12:59
copes's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Versoix
Posts: 113
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Thanked 50 Times in 22 Posts
copes has slipped a little
Re: Coffee Machine in Aldi?

Quote:
View Post
Ok new question!! Its coffee machine related so may aswell keep it in here!

So yesterday we got extremely lucky and somebody gave us their nespresso coffee machine!!!!

My question is.....is it only possible to use the nespresso capsules or can you get away with using cheaper ones??
The Migros, like Denner, is now selling capsules that are compatible with the Nespresso machine, and these taste great and are less expensive than the Nespresso brand. Plus they make for an easy buy.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank copes for this useful post:
Reply

Tags
aldi, coffee, machine




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Your Capsules Coffee machine Experience? Aldi or Tschibo? Which makes best coffee?? Buisiki Daily life 13 22.02.2016 22:23
Best coffee beans in Zurich for automatic machine? saraTG Food and drink 24 28.07.2007 22:24


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0