Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Other/general  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03.06.2012, 13:33
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Pools/swim lessons in Neuchatel area

Hi,

I have a question regarding swim lessons in Neuchatel. My kids (4 and 6) love the water. I have both of the enrolled in swim classes here in Germany at the moment. The 4-year old is still learning to swim while our 6-year old is quite a strong swimmer. I'd love for them to be able to continue after our move in the summer. Can you recommend any particular swim schools in the area? We'll be living in Peseux. I'd prefer a place where they can take lessons throughout the year or even a kind of swim team if anything is offered at that age.

I've looked at pools in the area on Google map. Is it correct that the Piscine de Serrieres charges no entrance fee?

Also, I'd like to thank to Odile and belgianmum for the information they've provided in reply to my previous posts and I have no idea how that's done...
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03.06.2012, 13:44
Belgianmum's Avatar
Roastbeef & Yorkshire mod
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Neuchâtel
Posts: 13,456
Groaned at 250 Times in 211 Posts
Thanked 22,604 Times in 9,236 Posts
Belgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Pools/swim lessons in Neuchatel area

You might want to try Red Fish fo swimming lessons.

www.rfn.ch I think is their website. They organise swimming lessons for all ages and have a swimming club too.

I'm not too sure but I think the pool at Serrieres is the outdoor pool on the edge of the lake but maybe there is another pool in Serrieres that I am not aware of. The one by the lake is definitely free entry and is very busy in summer.

Oh and once you have made 10 posts then you will get the thanks button.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04.06.2012, 10:17
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Pools/swim lessons in Neuchatel area

Quote:
View Post
You might want to try Red Fish fo swimming lessons.

www.rfn.ch I think is their website. They organise swimming lessons for all ages and have a swimming club too.

I'm not too sure but I think the pool at Serrieres is the outdoor pool on the edge of the lake but maybe there is another pool in Serrieres that I am not aware of. The one by the lake is definitely free entry and is very busy in summer.

Oh and once you have made 10 posts then you will get the thanks button.
We'll definitely try the Serriere pool in the summer.

Good to know I wasn't simply too blind to find the thanks button.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04.06.2012, 12:14
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Pools/swim lessons in Neuchatel area

Looking forward to meeting you - and if you need any help, just ask
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12.06.2012, 21:51
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Neuchatel
Posts: 11
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
ohawa has no particular reputation at present
Re: Pools/swim lessons in Neuchatel area

Serrières pool is great, for free and with a playground. We (or rather my wife) goes there very often if the weather is good. It tends to get crowded on Wednesdays and weekends also, though. You must get there early to enjoy calmly the warm climate of Neuchatel
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 13.06.2012, 15:42
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Pools/swim lessons in Neuchatel area

That sounds great. We look forward to fun times at the pool!

I realize that schools are closed on Wednesday afternoons, hence the crowds on that day of the week. The school hours surprised (actually shocked) me - I'll have to get used to the kids coming home early from school and returning after a two hour lunch break. I wonder how everyone handles that. But maybe that's a question for another thread...

Quote:
View Post
Serrières pool is great, for free and with a playground. We (or rather my wife) goes there very often if the weather is good. It tends to get crowded on Wednesdays and weekends also, though. You must get there early to enjoy calmly the warm climate of Neuchatel
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 13.06.2012, 15:47
Belgianmum's Avatar
Roastbeef & Yorkshire mod
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Neuchâtel
Posts: 13,456
Groaned at 250 Times in 211 Posts
Thanked 22,604 Times in 9,236 Posts
Belgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Pools/swim lessons in Neuchatel area

Quote:
View Post

I realize that schools are closed on Wednesday afternoons, hence the crowds on that day of the week. The school hours surprised (actually shocked) me - I'll have to get used to the kids coming home early from school and returning after a two hour lunch break. I wonder how everyone handles that. But maybe that's a question for another thread...
You'll find tons of threads about the insane school hours if you search on here.
They're completely alien to most of us non Swiss.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
neuchatel, swimming




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Baby Swim Lessons in Zurich? Switzerland2009 Family matters/health 2 16.09.2014 15:41
Need French Lessons in Neuchâtel Omid Language corner 9 13.12.2011 11:59
English Theory Lessons in Neuchatel Omid Transportation/driving 8 04.02.2008 18:23


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0