Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Other/general
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #161  
Old 18.04.2010, 09:51
OBone's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Aeugst Am Albis
Posts: 460
Groaned at 19 Times in 8 Posts
Thanked 260 Times in 107 Posts
OBone is considered knowledgeableOBone is considered knowledgeableOBone is considered knowledgeable
Re: General Hairdresser / Barber thread, Zurich region

anyone with any good suggestions for somewhere in Oerlikon where i can get a good old short back and sides for around 30 CHF?

I have searched and there's nothing recent so asking again
Reply With Quote
  #162  
Old 18.04.2010, 13:48
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Zurich
Posts: 60
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 17 Times in 13 Posts
g_zuri has no particular reputation at present
Re: General Hairdresser / Barber thread, Zurich region

Not in Oerlikon, but these guys http://coiffeur-saleh.ch/ have 2 salons around the Langstrasse area, they are a no nonsense barber, charge Chf 25 for the basic haircut with a cup of coffee thrown in. If your German is not up to it in the Muellerstrasse branch they speak a bit of English as well.
Reply With Quote
  #163  
Old 18.04.2010, 14:34
Visitor's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 30
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Visitor has no particular reputation at present
Re: General Hairdresser / Barber thread, Zurich region

ok but do any of these barbers cut black people hair??

i.e. fade, tapered back, shape-up, etc?
Reply With Quote
  #164  
Old 18.04.2010, 14:37
Dougal's Breakfast's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ostschweiz
Posts: 16,555
Groaned at 1,063 Times in 822 Posts
Thanked 44,083 Times in 13,632 Posts
Dougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond repute
Re: General Hairdresser / Barber thread, Zurich region

Quote:
View Post
ok but do any of these barbers cut black people hair??

i.e. fade, tapered back, shape-up, etc?
Given the cost of a haircut in Zurich, I'd strongly recommend that you get your hair cut anywhere else if you're only here for a short visit.
Reply With Quote
  #165  
Old 08.05.2010, 16:00
higgybaby's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 999
Groaned at 44 Times in 28 Posts
Thanked 771 Times in 400 Posts
higgybaby has a reputation beyond reputehiggybaby has a reputation beyond reputehiggybaby has a reputation beyond reputehiggybaby has a reputation beyond reputehiggybaby has a reputation beyond repute
Re: General Hairdresser / Barber thread, Zurich region

Quote:
View Post
Not in Oerlikon, but these guys http://coiffeur-saleh.ch/ have 2 salons around the Langstrasse area, they are a no nonsense barber, charge Chf 25 for the basic haircut with a cup of coffee thrown in. If your German is not up to it in the Muellerstrasse branch they speak a bit of English as well.
They have a newish one (since Oct 2009) at Central. (round the back of the Starbucks).

The basic cut is 28chf (incl a coffee).
The girl who did my hair called Tanya was very sweet and spoke some English.
Unfortunately she used clippers on the sides as I forgot to ask for scissors first, but she used scissors for the top.

I went there yesterday for the first time and got an immediate walk in.
Or call 043 422 54 54 (Ask for Tanya to do your cut who speaks a little English if your German is not too hot).

I am only recommending this for guys. They do women's hair but I can't testify to how good they are with more technical styles, only on the value for money, freindliness and speed of service.
Reply With Quote
  #166  
Old 08.05.2010, 21:53
OBone's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Aeugst Am Albis
Posts: 460
Groaned at 19 Times in 8 Posts
Thanked 260 Times in 107 Posts
OBone is considered knowledgeableOBone is considered knowledgeableOBone is considered knowledgeable
Re: General Hairdresser / Barber thread, Zurich region

There's actually a little place i saw earlier today in Seebach just next to the pertol station - not sure if anyone has been in there. I may give it a try next week.
Reply With Quote
  #167  
Old 12.05.2010, 17:38
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Zürich
Posts: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
BIMAK has no particular reputation at present
English speaking hairdresser in zürich

I can hiiiighly recommend an English Speaking Hairdresser in Zürich:
Ask for ANDUEN in the salon "L'Arco Blu" at Tessinerplatz 3 in Zürich (Bahnhof Enge). He is really professional, prices are absolutely reasonable and he listens to what you want. He has many years of experience in London and can do anything!!!! I am so glad I found him after trying out different ones...!!!! If you need any other info, let me know....! Bimak
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank BIMAK for this useful post:
  #168  
Old 12.05.2010, 18:36
Wollishofener's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Glattbrugg
Posts: 19,023
Groaned at 333 Times in 258 Posts
Thanked 11,716 Times in 6,858 Posts
Wollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond repute
Re: English speaking hairdresser in zürich

Quote:
View Post
I can hiiiighly recommend an English Speaking Hairdresser in Zürich:
Ask for ANDUEN in the salon "L'Arco Blu" at Tessinerplatz 3 in Zürich (Bahnhof Enge). He is really professional, prices are absolutely reasonable and he listens to what you want. He has many years of experience in London and can do anything!!!! I am so glad I found him after trying out different ones...!!!! If you need any other info, let me know....! Bimak
You might as well give a try to Coiffeur BILL at Morgenthal in Zch-Wollishofen. Suzy Bill, the owner, speaks English perfectly well, and is a hilarious person
Reply With Quote
  #169  
Old 12.05.2010, 18:43
AbFab's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Zürich
Posts: 6,875
Groaned at 311 Times in 208 Posts
Thanked 8,863 Times in 3,144 Posts
AbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond repute
Re: English speaking hairdresser in zürich

Quote:
View Post
I can hiiiighly recommend an English Speaking Hairdresser in Zürich:
Ask for ANDUEN in the salon "L'Arco Blu" at Tessinerplatz 3 in Zürich (Bahnhof Enge). He is really professional, prices are absolutely reasonable and he listens to what you want. He has many years of experience in London and can do anything!!!! I am so glad I found him after trying out different ones...!!!! If you need any other info, let me know....! Bimak
Nice first post. You would be a close friend of Anduen by any chance??
Reply With Quote
  #170  
Old 14.05.2010, 23:33
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 19
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
TheDalek has earned some respectTheDalek has earned some respect
Re: General Hairdresser / Barber thread, Zurich region

Had a haircut today at Coiffure Grob in the HB (next to interdiscount). Have to say, one of the best ones I had in a long time. The girl spoke decent English and was very diligent. Highly recommended.

Also, they are open till 9 on weekdays and till 7 on Saturdays AND Sundays. How cool is that!!!
Disclaimer: I am just a satisfied customer and have no affiliation with the said salon or the hairstylist
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank TheDalek for this useful post:
  #171  
Old 20.05.2010, 14:12
OBone's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Aeugst Am Albis
Posts: 460
Groaned at 19 Times in 8 Posts
Thanked 260 Times in 107 Posts
OBone is considered knowledgeableOBone is considered knowledgeableOBone is considered knowledgeable
Re: General Hairdresser / Barber thread, Zurich region

Quote:
View Post
There's actually a little place i saw earlier today in Seebach just next to the pertol station - not sure if anyone has been in there. I may give it a try next week.
rather intersting after trying the one in Seebach; I walked in and the guy was on the phone; he cupped the phone to speak to me and i asked in German, if he spoke english. He said no and continued his conversation on the phone. I got up, said thanks and left.

obviously doesn't want/need my business.

going to try the one behind starbucks in Central at the weekend. I hope I have more success.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank OBone for this useful post:
  #172  
Old 27.05.2010, 17:07
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Zürich
Posts: 44
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Fiditti has no particular reputation at present
Hair-cut in Zurich

I paid 60 CHF to have my hair cut today (I am male), and coming home I realized that there is still a bunch of long hair sticking out above and behind both of my ears! Bushes of hair actually! :-))) looks as if i were growing payos. I will have to go the barber again now, and hope the barber will not cut off my ears this time....

My question is, are there any cheaper barber shops in Zurich or is it the fixed price here? Also, I used to enjoy a Turkish barber shop in Germany, which was very cheap, but they knew their job and my hair-style, so I would like to know if there are any available here. thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #173  
Old 27.05.2010, 17:10
weejeem's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: .
Posts: 3,728
Groaned at 37 Times in 31 Posts
Thanked 5,874 Times in 2,467 Posts
weejeem has a reputation beyond reputeweejeem has a reputation beyond reputeweejeem has a reputation beyond reputeweejeem has a reputation beyond reputeweejeem has a reputation beyond reputeweejeem has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hair-cut in Zurich

Quote:
View Post
I paid 60 CHF to have my hair cut today (I am male), and coming home I realized that there is still a bunch of long hair sticking out above and behind both of my ears! Bushes of hair actually! :-))) looks as if i were growing payos. I will have to go the barber again now, and hope the barber will not cut off my ears this time....

My question is, are there any cheaper barber shops in Zurich or is it the fixed price here? Also, I used to enjoy a Turkish barber shop in Germany, which was very cheap, but they knew their job and my hair-style, so I would like to know if there are any available here. thanks!
One or two... ( and most of them can work a search function, too )
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank weejeem for this useful post:
  #174  
Old 27.05.2010, 17:44
JonnyLaRock!'s Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Norway
Posts: 498
Groaned at 116 Times in 58 Posts
Thanked 543 Times in 262 Posts
JonnyLaRock! has a reputation beyond reputeJonnyLaRock! has a reputation beyond reputeJonnyLaRock! has a reputation beyond reputeJonnyLaRock! has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hair-cut in Zurich

Was the hair dressers you visited called 'Crops and Robbers'. I think it is a rule of thumb to always avoid hair dressers that don't have at the very most ONE mirror, unless you’re actually the gorgon medusa.
Reply With Quote
  #175  
Old 27.05.2010, 17:59
amogles's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 9,241
Groaned at 179 Times in 154 Posts
Thanked 17,588 Times in 7,465 Posts
amogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hair-cut in Zurich

Quote:
View Post

My question is, are there any cheaper barber shops in Zurich or is it the fixed price here? Also, I used to enjoy a Turkish barber shop in Germany, which was very cheap, but they knew their job and my hair-style, so I would like to know if there are any available here. thanks!

There are loads that are cheaper. A haircut (men) can cost anything between 25 and 80 Franks in my experience and the price doesn't necessarily reflect the quality. The less fashionalble and flashy places in the neighbourhoods tend to be cheaper than the glossy ones in the centre, but there are exceptions both ways. What makes a good haircut is a matter of taste to some extent IMHO.
Reply With Quote
  #176  
Old 27.05.2010, 18:14
BorisZurich's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 38
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Thanked 29 Times in 16 Posts
BorisZurich has no particular reputation at present
Re: Hair-cut in Zurich

Quote:
View Post
I paid 60 CHF to have my hair cut today (I am male), and coming home I realized that there is still a bunch of long hair sticking out above and behind both of my ears! Bushes of hair actually! :-))) looks as if i were growing payos. I will have to go the barber again now, and hope the barber will not cut off my ears this time....

My question is, are there any cheaper barber shops in Zurich or is it the fixed price here? Also, I used to enjoy a Turkish barber shop in Germany, which was very cheap, but they knew their job and my hair-style, so I would like to know if there are any available here. thanks!
There is a mobile hairdresser in Zurich that cuts my hair. She does not have her own salon but goes to peoples homes or they come to hers and she cuts their hair. I am very satisfied with her. She is not expensive. I can dig up her email and give it to you, if you want.
Reply With Quote
  #177  
Old 28.05.2010, 15:43
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: wohlen, AG
Posts: 9
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
nasi has no particular reputation at present
Re: Hair-cut in Zurich

[QUOTE=BorisZurich;824652]There is a mobile hairdresser in Zurich that cuts my hair. She does not have her own salon but goes to peoples homes or they come to hers and she cuts their hair. I am very satisfied with her. She is not expensive. I can dig up her email and give it to you, if you want.[/QUOT Do you think she has experience also in women hair? If yes, please let me know her Email.
Reply With Quote
  #178  
Old 28.05.2010, 15:46
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: wohlen, AG
Posts: 9
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
nasi has no particular reputation at present
Re: Hair-cut in Zurich

Do you think she has experience also in women hair?
If yes, please let me know her Email.
Reply With Quote
  #179  
Old 28.05.2010, 16:08
BorisZurich's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 38
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Thanked 29 Times in 16 Posts
BorisZurich has no particular reputation at present
Re: Hair-cut in Zurich

Hi Nasi,

Yes, most of her customers are women. She specializes in women's hair. I will dig up her email and I will send you a PM.
Reply With Quote
  #180  
Old 28.05.2010, 16:16
BorisZurich's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 38
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Thanked 29 Times in 16 Posts
BorisZurich has no particular reputation at present
Re: Hair-cut in Zurich

Here is her Email:
homecoiffeur@gmail.com
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
barber, haircut




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Men's stuff Flashman4 Jokes/funnies 166 22.04.2008 12:44
FOR SALE - Men's Capita Snowboard smarquardt Items for sale 2 06.02.2008 08:35
Men's Hairdresser in Zurich readingsteve Commercial 4 17.09.2007 18:52
Zurich area shops for men's formal wear? ski chic Other/general 1 01.05.2007 14:32


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 21:32.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0