Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Other/general  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 17.12.2017, 12:46
Sultan of Swing's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Bäärn
Posts: 187
Groaned at 11 Times in 8 Posts
Thanked 109 Times in 65 Posts
Sultan of Swing is considered knowledgeableSultan of Swing is considered knowledgeableSultan of Swing is considered knowledgeable
Re: Scammers in Bahnhof Stadelhofen

I once got hit hard in the legs for declining a ridiculous request of "ten euro, you me" on a crowded junction around 10 o'clock on Saturday in Brussels. So now in similar encounters I have my fists ready, in CH too.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 17.12.2017, 17:18
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Ostschweiz
Posts: 8,050
Groaned at 349 Times in 283 Posts
Thanked 10,413 Times in 5,501 Posts
Urs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Scammers in Bahnhof Stadelhofen

Quote:
View Post
I once got hit hard in the legs for declining a ridiculous request of "ten euro, you me" on a crowded junction around 10 o'clock on Saturday in Brussels. So now in similar encounters I have my fists ready, in CH too.
Hence your nickname?
Reply With Quote
The following 5 users would like to thank Urs Max for this useful post:
  #43  
Old 17.12.2017, 19:05
Sultan of Swing's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Bäärn
Posts: 187
Groaned at 11 Times in 8 Posts
Thanked 109 Times in 65 Posts
Sultan of Swing is considered knowledgeableSultan of Swing is considered knowledgeableSultan of Swing is considered knowledgeable
Re: Scammers in Bahnhof Stadelhofen

Quote:
View Post
Hence your nickname?
It would have been "Outstriker" then.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 17.12.2017, 21:21
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Zurich
Posts: 656
Groaned at 41 Times in 19 Posts
Thanked 836 Times in 373 Posts
marischi has a reputation beyond reputemarischi has a reputation beyond reputemarischi has a reputation beyond reputemarischi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Scammers in Bahnhof Stadelhofen

I once encountered some maghrebinian guy with exactly the same story, needed ticket to the airport to get his long lost wife and child who had lost passports and baggage ..

I really pestered him for exact infos and he was equipped with fotos and stuff, unbelievable! I kept him talking for twenty minutes, watching the last heroin shot wearing off and getting the best of him.

Finally, I paid him 10.- franks, told him I didn't believe anything but I liked the performance which I thought was 10.- worth... he wasn't happy and I buggered off...

Last edited by marischi; 17.12.2017 at 22:27.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank marischi for this useful post:
  #45  
Old 17.12.2017, 22:50
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 12,510
Groaned at 979 Times in 688 Posts
Thanked 17,517 Times in 6,865 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Scammers in Bahnhof Stadelhofen

Quote:
View Post
I once encountered some maghrebinian guy with exactly the same story, needed ticket to the airport to get his long lost wife and child who had lost passports and baggage ..

I really pestered him for exact infos and he was equipped with fotos and stuff, unbelievable! I kept him talking for twenty minutes, watching the last heroin shot wearing off and getting the best of him.

Finally, I paid him 10.- franks, told him I didn't believe anything but I liked the performance which I thought was 10.- worth... he wasn't happy and I buggered off...
I cannot understand why anyone whose safety was not under threat would give them money, knowing what they use it for and that they will be back doing the same thing tomorrow or even an hour later. You are simply encouraging them and fuelling a habit, and that isn't right.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Chuff for this useful post:
  #46  
Old 18.12.2017, 07:52
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Zurich
Posts: 656
Groaned at 41 Times in 19 Posts
Thanked 836 Times in 373 Posts
marischi has a reputation beyond reputemarischi has a reputation beyond reputemarischi has a reputation beyond reputemarischi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Scammers in Bahnhof Stadelhofen

Quote:
View Post
I cannot understand why anyone whose safety was not under threat would give them money, knowing what they use it for and that they will be back doing the same thing tomorrow or even an hour later. You are simply encouraging them and fuelling a habit, and that isn't right.

I do not know how you spend your money on - and I do not judge people if they have bad habits, like driving Porshce Cayennes. It is not my duty to judge them. If they want to fuel their habits, so be it..
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank marischi for this useful post:
The following 2 users groan at marischi for this post:
  #47  
Old 18.12.2017, 09:06
slammer's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Lummerland
Posts: 5,211
Groaned at 135 Times in 94 Posts
Thanked 8,973 Times in 3,394 Posts
slammer has a reputation beyond reputeslammer has a reputation beyond reputeslammer has a reputation beyond reputeslammer has a reputation beyond reputeslammer has a reputation beyond reputeslammer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Scammers in Bahnhof Stadelhofen

Quote:
View Post
I do not know how you spend your money on - and I do not judge people if they have bad habits, like driving Porshce Cayennes. It is not my duty to judge them. If they want to fuel their habits, so be it..
maybe, but if I see a druggie begging for money for drugs or a Cayenne driver begging for money for fuel I still would not give them any.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank slammer for this useful post:
  #48  
Old 18.12.2017, 09:26
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 12,510
Groaned at 979 Times in 688 Posts
Thanked 17,517 Times in 6,865 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Scammers in Bahnhof Stadelhofen

Quote:
View Post
I do not know how you spend your money on - and I do not judge people if they have bad habits, like driving Porshce Cayennes. It is not my duty to judge them. If they want to fuel their habits, so be it..
What crap. Buying a Porsche Cayenne is not even remotely the same as scamming for money to fuel a heroin or crack addiction, in fact that is one of the most illogical comparisons I can think of. By giving money for what you KNOW is a BS story you are directly feeding their behaviour and habit. If your conscience is cool with that then fine, you keep fuelling scams and hard drug habits like it's somehow a perversely kind and charitable thing to do.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 18.12.2017, 10:20
AbFab's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Zürich
Posts: 7,842
Groaned at 330 Times in 224 Posts
Thanked 10,927 Times in 3,799 Posts
AbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Scammers in Bahnhof Stadelhofen

Quote:
View Post
I do not know how you spend your money on - and I do not judge people if they have bad habits, like driving Porshce Cayennes. It is not my duty to judge them. If they want to fuel their habits, so be it..
Of course you judge people!

In your quote above you have judged Cayenne drivers as having bad habits and made a judgement that not only taking drugs is OK, but have judged it a habit worth your support...
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Where to learn Deutsch near Bern (Bahnhof) or in any near bahnhof station in Bern filswiss Language corner 8 02.04.2015 23:49
Scammers on Lyoba.ch PaddyG Daily life 8 20.03.2013 16:24
Apartment scammers in Basel Nathu Swiss politics/news 1 07.04.2009 18:33


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0