English Forum Switzerland

English Forum Switzerland (https://www.englishforum.ch/forum.php)
-   Other/general (https://www.englishforum.ch/other-general/)
-   -   Nestle cuts 580 IT/Logistics jobs in Swiss Romande (https://www.englishforum.ch/other-general/284057-nestle-cuts-580-logistics-jobs-swiss-romande.html)

YuropFlyer 25.10.2018 22:56

Re: Nestle cuts 580 IT/Logistics jobs in Swiss Romande
 
Wonder if that job cutting works as well as for the postal services using ZRH airport (huge backlog, since the company taking over thought they could do the same amount of work that previously was done by 10 workers with just 3..)

https://www.20min.ch/schweiz/zuerich...herum-20454676

JoshWilliams 26.10.2018 23:37

Re: Nestle cuts 580 IT/Logistics jobs in Swiss Romande
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gramatyka356 (Post 3006258)
One funny true story I have heard from a depressed IT manager. "The problem with managing software engineers is that they are not ordinary workers who should be happy to have a steady job, a bowl of rice every day and a peaceful steady life.They are the most clever brains in the organization and they know that."

Managers hate us because they feel the gap!:D
Real thing is that IT brains need no manager at all to deliver quality solutions: do you see managers around doctors performing a surgery?

roegner 26.10.2018 23:45

Re: Nestle cuts 580 IT/Logistics jobs in Swiss Romande
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshWilliams (Post 3006510)
do you see managers around doctors performing a surgery?

Yes, even doctors have supervisors and cannot operate without supervision

Today only 27.10.2018 00:22

Re: Nestle cuts 580 IT/Logistics jobs in Swiss Romande
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshWilliams (Post 3006510)
Managers hate us because they feel the gap!:D
Real thing is that IT brains need no manager at all to deliver quality solutions: do you see managers around doctors performing a surgery?




How little you really know ;)

JoshWilliams 27.10.2018 08:49

Re: Nestle cuts 580 IT/Logistics jobs in Swiss Romande
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by roegner (Post 3006513)
Yes, even doctors have supervisors and cannot operate without supervision

You can operate a hospital without managers, but not without doctors. Most of the silly extra spending I see in IT is coming from idiot manager decisions in fact.

JoshWilliams 05.12.2018 21:14

Re: Nestle cuts 580 IT/Logistics jobs in Swiss Romande
 
And now they started hiring again?

Mikers 05.12.2018 22:39

Re: Nestle cuts 580 IT/Logistics jobs in Swiss Romande
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshWilliams (Post 3020360)
And now they started hiring again?

These are the retained positions in Switzerland which total around 50-100. In the main they have been internal appointments from the existing staff but where a suitable candidate has not been found they were clear in that they would then open it up to all. So yes there will be positions opened for vacancies which the existing set of people being laid off have not been able to fill.

Whether itís right / wrong to do this is another question but it is the reason you can see it.

JoshWilliams 05.12.2018 22:52

Re: Nestle cuts 580 IT/Logistics jobs in Swiss Romande
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikers (Post 3020410)
These are the retained positions in Switzerland which total around 50-100. In the main they have been internal appointments from the existing staff but where a suitable candidate has not been found they were clear in that they would then open it up to all. So yes there will be positions opened for vacancies which the existing set of people being laid off have not been able to fill.

Whether itís right / wrong to do this is another question but it is the reason you can see it.

Horrific display of disrespect.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:09.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0