English Forum Switzerland

English Forum Switzerland (https://www.englishforum.ch/forum.php)
-   Other/general (https://www.englishforum.ch/other-general/)
-   -   Best places to fly drones in Zurich? (https://www.englishforum.ch/other-general/284721-best-places-fly-drones-zurich.html)

NewLondon 22.06.2018 09:24

Best places to fly drones in Zurich?
 
I'm aware of the rules on where you can and cannot fly a small drone (under 500g), but haven't found many recommendations on places to fly (plenty of space, nice scenery, of course no legal issues, etc).

Any tips?

Cheers

TheLaughingCow 22.06.2018 11:23

Re: Best places to fly drones in Zurich?
 
Hi,

There is a map online that shows all places you can fly a drone in Switzerland . I can't remember it off the top of my head , but I will try to find it later.


Edit*. Here is a link to website and map http://http://dronezurich.ch/yes-it-is-allowed-to-fly-a-drone-in-zurich-here-the-rules.html

HTH
TheLaughingCow

NewLondon 22.06.2018 16:03

Re: Best places to fly drones in Zurich?
 
Was more looking for recommendations rather than where’s allowed and not allowed. Thanks

VFR on top 22.06.2018 17:19

Re: Best places to fly drones in Zurich?
 
there are already a few threads on drones which may give you some ideas.

hint: use search function.

In reality, if you know the rules and where you can and can't - just go do it and use your imagination. Its CH, which means no lack of unique architecture, beautiful scenery and backdrops, vibrant rail, commerce (Rhine) and industrial sections, etc, etc.

TheLaughingCow 22.06.2018 17:57

Re: Best places to fly drones in Zurich?
 
This is in response to the groan I received, and not the OP.

Yes, the website I gave does talk about rules for flying drones in Zürich and OP mentioned that he knows the rules of where to fly , but it also has a color coded MAP of where to fly in Zürich and explanation.

From the website:
Quote:

Switzerland map layered with drone restrictions - mostly aerodromes, but not only.
in purple: no-fly zones, it's prohibited to fly there
in blue: limited no-fly zones, it's allowed to fly, but till a maximum altitude of 150m from the ground
I figured with that map ( using the satellite function or not ) OP could spot a field to fly in or a nice place where it is allowed . Sometimes my husband does this to find places to fly his drone .

OP hope someone can give you a more personal recommendation of where they fly in Zürich.

And thank you jollyhappygirl 😉

Capo 22.06.2018 22:19

Re: Best places to fly drones in Zurich?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by NewLondon (Post 2959595)
I'm aware of the rules on where you can and cannot fly a small drone (under 500g), but haven't found many recommendations on places to fly (plenty of space, nice scenery, of course no legal issues, etc).

Any tips?

Cheers

Why not fly over the house of the richest man in Switzerland? :D

https://www.google.com/maps/@47.2397.../data=!3m1!1e3

NewLondon 23.06.2018 10:18

Re: Best places to fly drones in Zurich?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by VFR on top (Post 2959902)
there are already a few threads on drones which may give you some ideas.

hint: use search function.

In reality, if you know the rules and where you can and can't - just go do it and use your imagination. Its CH, which means no lack of unique architecture, beautiful scenery and backdrops, vibrant rail, commerce (Rhine) and industrial sections, etc, etc.

I used the search function but didn't find much. Just looking for a few of the hot spots where people fly.

Thezig 24.08.2018 12:39

Re: Best places to fly drones in Zurich?
 
Just out of curiosity, what drone do you have? I'm thinking about the Mavic air due to it's size and portability.

speakeron 24.08.2018 13:45

Re: Best places to fly drones in Zurich?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thezig (Post 2983984)
Just out of curiosity, what drone do you have? I'm thinking about the Mavic air due to it's size and portability.

I like the Bugs 2W. It has a forward-facing HD camera, FPV over wifi and GPS (with altitude-hold and return to home). It's pretty easy to fly for a novice (has headless mode), but you can fly it in an more advanced way as well (you can use a different controller from Bugs which gives full trimming manual control).

I recommended this to our CTO for flying with his young son and they have heaps of fun. Can usually be found for less than 200 dollars (Banggood and AliExpress being the usual suspects here).

NewLondon 24.08.2018 14:48

Re: Best places to fly drones in Zurich?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thezig (Post 2983984)
Just out of curiosity, what drone do you have? I'm thinking about the Mavic air due to it's size and portability.

I have the Mavic Air. Great little thing; easy to fly, store, and carry.
The issue with all drones is how few places you can fly them.

azt33 25.08.2018 17:33

Re: Best places to fly drones in Zurich?
 
I just placed an order for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro - and will definitely be looking for recommendations too.

Also, as I am a noob, if anyone wants to do a meet-up, I would be game!

NewLondon 28.08.2018 11:40

Re: Best places to fly drones in Zurich?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by azt33 (Post 2984501)
I just placed an order for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro - and will definitely be looking for recommendations too.

Also, as I am a noob, if anyone wants to do a meet-up, I would be game!

I've only flown a handful of times so am certainly no pro, but would be happy to meet up

azt33 28.08.2018 12:52

Re: Best places to fly drones in Zurich?
 
Cool! As soon as I have received the drone, I’ll let you know and we can set something up :)

Vg12th 21.11.2018 10:14

Re: Best places to fly drones in Zurich?
 
Anyone still up to meet up? Either for coffee or to also fly some drones sometime?

marischi 21.11.2018 21:44

Re: Best places to fly drones in Zurich?
 
Please do it out of the city. We had too many droning drones lately and I'm at the point to shoot them down. Do your childish things on the Uetliberg or else.

SwissBred 21.11.2018 23:35

Re: Best places to fly drones in Zurich?
 
Aargau:D

NewLondon 28.11.2018 13:23

Re: Best places to fly drones in Zurich?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vg12th (Post 3015524)
Anyone still up to meet up? Either for coffee or to also fly some drones sometime?


Count me in!

3Wishes 28.11.2018 18:08

Re: Best places to fly drones in Zurich?
 
In case some folks haven't seen this, posting here for reference: :)

Liability insurance for drone more than 500g

Brianzoeu 28.11.2018 18:12

Re: Best places to fly drones in Zurich?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Capo (Post 2959980)
Why not fly over the house of the richest man in Switzerland? :D

https://www.google.com/maps/@47.2397.../data=!3m1!1e3

Who is he? The house is not that big for the richest man in Switzerland.

omtatsat 28.11.2018 18:50

Re: Best places to fly drones in Zurich?
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by NewLondon (Post 2959595)
I'm aware of the rules on where you can and cannot fly a small drone (under 500g), but haven't found many recommendations on places to fly (plenty of space, nice scenery, of course no legal issues, etc).

Any tips?

Cheers

Anywhere but not near us! Ban drones!

Attachment 135127


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:50.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0