Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Other/general  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 30.08.2019, 14:29
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Zurich
Posts: 15
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
danjackson has no particular reputation at present
Legal Problem With Yallo

Hi,

Yallo have incorrectly put my father in law in debt (Betrabung?) stating he owes them money. I have called and spoke them and they have admitted that this is a mistake. However, they are refusing to remove the charge and I have asked to speak to a manager on multiple occasions and keep getting told someone will call me back and they never do. Obviously this is completely ridiculous and in my opinion illegal. they are making no effort to solve the problem and my father in law also runs a business, in which a debt reflects very badly.

I wanted to know what further steps i can take against them. is there an ombudsman here?

Thanks
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank danjackson for this useful post:
  #2  
Old 30.08.2019, 15:20
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: close to the frontier
Posts: 1,063
Groaned at 141 Times in 86 Posts
Thanked 597 Times in 379 Posts
Clocker has become a little unpopular
Re: Legal Problem With Yallo

Was the debt collection enforcement paper (Betreibung) correctly delivered to your father in person?
If yes, when? And was it opposed?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Clocker for this useful post:
  #3  
Old 30.08.2019, 15:41
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Zurich
Posts: 15
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
danjackson has no particular reputation at present
Re: Legal Problem With Yallo

Hi

Thanks for your response!

It was delivered on Monday and we opposed it monday. Yallo admitted its a mistake and isnt correct and suggested we call the debt collection agency ourselves to remove the charge (obviously the collection agency said they cant do that). Ive since called Yallo back twice since asking to speak to a manager and keep getting told someone will call me and they never do.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank danjackson for this useful post:
  #4  
Old 30.08.2019, 15:42
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: close to the frontier
Posts: 1,063
Groaned at 141 Times in 86 Posts
Thanked 597 Times in 379 Posts
Clocker has become a little unpopular
Re: Legal Problem With Yallo

Good at least that is something. If it has been opposed then it will not go any further unless Yallo ask to proceed with it.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Clocker for this useful post:
  #5  
Old 30.08.2019, 15:46
Jim2007's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kt. Bern
Posts: 4,233
Groaned at 115 Times in 98 Posts
Thanked 4,915 Times in 2,318 Posts
Jim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Legal Problem With Yallo

Quote:
View Post
Hi,

Yallo have incorrectly put my father in law in debt (Betrabung?) stating he owes them money. I have called and spoke them and they have admitted that this is a mistake. However, they are refusing to remove the charge and I have asked to speak to a manager on multiple occasions and keep getting told someone will call me back and they never do. Obviously this is completely ridiculous and in my opinion illegal. they are making no effort to solve the problem and my father in law also runs a business, in which a debt reflects very badly.

I wanted to know what further steps i can take against them. is there an ombudsman here?

Thanks
It is also probably not very smart to make such an acquisition in an open forum. Your father in law is a businessman and no doubt he is able to stand up for himself and seek legal advice if appropriate.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 30.08.2019, 15:46
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Zurich
Posts: 15
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
danjackson has no particular reputation at present
Re: Legal Problem With Yallo

When you say oppose, do you mean call the debt collection agency to oppose it?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 30.08.2019, 15:50
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Formerly in Neuchatel
Posts: 2,766
Groaned at 220 Times in 149 Posts
Thanked 4,868 Times in 1,883 Posts
porsch1909 has a reputation beyond reputeporsch1909 has a reputation beyond reputeporsch1909 has a reputation beyond reputeporsch1909 has a reputation beyond reputeporsch1909 has a reputation beyond reputeporsch1909 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Legal Problem With Yallo

Quote:
View Post
Hi

Thanks for your response!

It was delivered on Monday and we opposed it monday. Yallo admitted its a mistake and isnt correct and suggested we call the debt collection agency ourselves to remove the charge (obviously the collection agency said they cant do that). Ive since called Yallo back twice since asking to speak to a manager and keep getting told someone will call me and they never do.
I would do nothing just now then. If Yallo want to take it further then the ball is in their court now
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank porsch1909 for this useful post:
  #8  
Old 30.08.2019, 15:58
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: close to the frontier
Posts: 1,063
Groaned at 141 Times in 86 Posts
Thanked 597 Times in 379 Posts
Clocker has become a little unpopular
Re: Legal Problem With Yallo

Quote:
View Post
When you say oppose, do you mean call the debt collection agency to oppose it?
It can be opposed verbally. Not sure if over the telephone is also accepted.
It is not an agency, it is a state office.
Quote:
View Post
I would do nothing just now then. If Yallo want to take it further then the ball is in their court now
I think they are concerned the Betreibung might show up on the person's record.

Does a Betreibung that has been filed, delivered and opposed, show up on a person's record still, under current regulations?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Clocker for this useful post:
  #9  
Old 30.08.2019, 18:03
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: ZH
Posts: 5,184
Groaned at 42 Times in 33 Posts
Thanked 6,964 Times in 2,916 Posts
doropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Legal Problem With Yallo

I'd say: do not try to conduct matters of this nature by phone, nor by any electronic mail/website-form, etc.

Instead, use a letter on paper, in a paper envelope, and sent it by Registered Mail (i.e. checked in at the Post Office. Before you send it off, keep a photocopy of the letter itself, and of the envelope. Keep the receipt/slip that you are given at the Post Office. This set is what constitutes, formally, legally, having been in contact with someone in Switzerland.

Google carefully to decide which part of the company (role, person) to whom to send your registered letter.

Last edited by doropfiz; 31.08.2019 at 04:23. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank doropfiz for this useful post:
  #10  
Old 31.08.2019, 09:11
Today only's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Europe
Posts: 7,694
Groaned at 845 Times in 578 Posts
Thanked 9,568 Times in 4,534 Posts
Today only has a reputation beyond reputeToday only has a reputation beyond reputeToday only has a reputation beyond reputeToday only has a reputation beyond reputeToday only has a reputation beyond reputeToday only has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Legal Problem With Yallo

Quote:
View Post
I'd say: do not try to conduct matters of this nature by phone, nor by any electronic mail/website-form, etc.

Instead, use a letter on paper, in a paper envelope, and sent it by Registered Mail (i.e. checked in at the Post Office. Before you send it off, keep a photocopy of the letter itself, and of the envelope. Keep the receipt/slip that you are given at the Post Office. This set is what constitutes, formally, legally, having been in contact with someone in Switzerland.

Google carefully to decide which part of the company (role, person) to whom to send your registered letter.

A photocopy of a letter and an envelope do not in any way give prove of what was sent by registered mail


You can also deliver by hand and have somebody sign a copy as proof of receipt, and content.


You can get a notary to do this and notorize a copy of the letter at the same time.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Today only for this useful post:
  #11  
Old 31.08.2019, 09:26
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 11,687
Groaned at 667 Times in 485 Posts
Thanked 15,619 Times in 6,125 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Legal Problem With Yallo

Quote:
View Post
Hi,

Yallo have incorrectly put my father in law in debt (Betrabung?) stating he owes them money. I have called and spoke them and they have admitted that this is a mistake. However, they are refusing to remove the charge and I have asked to speak to a manager on multiple occasions and keep getting told someone will call me back and they never do. Obviously this is completely ridiculous and in my opinion illegal. they are making no effort to solve the problem and my father in law also runs a business, in which a debt reflects very badly.

I wanted to know what further steps i can take against them. is there an ombudsman here?

Thanks
You need to write them a letter and send it by recorded post so that they can respond IN WRITING (this should be pretty obvious actually) telling you that it is an error. Refer to all your phone calls by date and time too.

You can then send a copy of that letter by registered post to the debt collection agency explaining the situation and telling them you will not respond to any more collection letters and that any further contact on their part to pursue a mistake will be a waste of time and money on their part.

Quote:
View Post
It is also probably not very smart to make such an acquisition in an open forum. Your father in law is a businessman and no doubt he is able to stand up for himself and seek legal advice if appropriate.
Don't scaremonger, she is perfectly fine to ask questions like this on the forum on his behalf even if she has (presumably) somewhat naively used a real name in the username handle.

Last edited by Chuff; 31.08.2019 at 09:50.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Chuff for this useful post:
Reply

Tags
advice, legal




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yallo cheating with roaming fees teemukoo TV/internet/telephone 4 05.04.2018 14:39
Need Advice: Where can I find free legal advice and/or help with a renters problem? sa_wills Housing in general 7 07.01.2015 20:39
Number Porting Procedure with Yallo Prepaid Kuppu TV/internet/telephone 0 20.03.2014 18:31
Hi. Yallo network (CH) to Yallo (UK - T-Mobile) costs? Jamesremmer TV/internet/telephone 1 09.01.2012 18:13
How can I disable roaming with Yallo? SergioRuiz TV/internet/telephone 3 03.11.2010 11:55


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:08.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0