Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Other/general  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05.04.2020, 13:49
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Zug
Posts: 118
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Thanked 50 Times in 35 Posts
Cider Woman has earned some respectCider Woman has earned some respect
Postponed concerts

Me and the Brown Bottle Man go to a lot of live music gigs in Zurich and the few over the next four months have been postponed. When the new dates are announced what are our rights if we cannot make the new dates? Can we get a full refund (minus the booking fee, I guess) or just have to accept the new dates?

Most of these bands are big 'uns so we should be able to re-sell the tickets, if need be. Hopefully, we can go, of course, otherwise we wouldn't have bought them in the first place.

Just a'wondering....
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05.04.2020, 14:28
Blueangel's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Küsnacht, Switzerland
Posts: 4,017
Groaned at 116 Times in 103 Posts
Thanked 10,782 Times in 4,746 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Postponed concerts

It's up to the individual promoter.

We had a few tickets booked also. This is the email we received regarding the first of them, which was supposed to be on 28 March but has been changed to 3 March 2021...

The promoter of this event has informed us that the event has changed and shall now take place as follows:
* NEW: Russell Howard - Respite in ZÜRICH, Samsung Hall, 03.03.2021 20:00

The tickets you have booked remain valid for the postponed date and/or a new venue and cannot be returned.

If you have taken out ticket protection insurance and are prevented from attending the new date for reasons known and insured in advance, you will be reimbursed the ticket price. Please contact our insurance partner https://erv.ch/de/service/schadenfall directly, stating the reason for your inability to attend.

If you have not taken out ticket protection insurance with us, please check whether one of your other insurance policies (e.g. travel or household insurance) covers the cancellation.

If you have not taken out insurance and are prevented from travelling on the new date, we recommend that you use Ticketcorner's secure resale platform fanSALE www.fansale.ch .

Do not return tickets from postponed events, as you will not be able to resell them and will not be able to enter the event.

The tickets you have booked remain valid for the postponed date and/or a new venue and cannot be returned.

Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Blueangel for this useful post:
  #3  
Old 05.04.2020, 15:55
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Postponed concerts

Got tickets for Ballet Béjart and also Trevor Noah for early Summer - wait and see. Hope they will both go ahead, but ...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05.04.2020, 16:12
Blueangel's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Küsnacht, Switzerland
Posts: 4,017
Groaned at 116 Times in 103 Posts
Thanked 10,782 Times in 4,746 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Postponed concerts

Trevor Noah's tour up until 16 May are postponed. The first gig currently still going ahead is 25 May in Frankfurt.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05.04.2020, 17:38
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Postponed concerts

Ours are booked for Geneva 6th of June- so hoping ...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06.04.2020, 08:39
peaky's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: zurich
Posts: 361
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Thanked 248 Times in 138 Posts
peaky has earned the respect of manypeaky has earned the respect of manypeaky has earned the respect of many
Re: Postponed concerts

I would think most of the medium to big acts on a large tour wont reschedule. They will cancel.

I may be wrong but it is quite some logistics to re plan a global tour, and with several month backlog of every gig in every country needing rescheduling, it will be quite something. Zurich could have a big act gig every night for a year or more

If the websites arent refunding yet, I would put this down to cash flow management.

What I have said is completely unsubstantiated and I have no whisper of this, but just my kind of logical feel to the situation
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06.04.2020, 09:15
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Nyon
Posts: 4,895
Groaned at 247 Times in 181 Posts
Thanked 6,669 Times in 3,136 Posts
bowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Postponed concerts

Quote:
View Post
I would think most of the medium to big acts on a large tour wont reschedule. They will cancel.

I may be wrong but it is quite some logistics to re plan a global tour, and with several month backlog of every gig in every country needing rescheduling, it will be quite something. Zurich could have a big act gig every night for a year or more

If the websites arent refunding yet, I would put this down to cash flow management.

What I have said is completely unsubstantiated and I have no whisper of this, but just my kind of logical feel to the situation
Eric Clapton has been postponed until June 2021 and no offer of a refund
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06.04.2020, 11:25
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bern
Posts: 1,798
Groaned at 288 Times in 180 Posts
Thanked 3,580 Times in 1,277 Posts
Susie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Postponed concerts

Bigger bands like Eric Clapton, Iron Maiden, Pearl Jam etc. should definitely offer new dates or a refund.

However, I have tickets to see bands that aren't nearly as famous and I'm happy if they keep my money. Cancelled tours for those guys can mean financial ruin and the loss of great music...I'm sure they will find a way to give back.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06.04.2020, 11:34
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Lugano
Posts: 1,094
Groaned at 17 Times in 15 Posts
Thanked 1,317 Times in 601 Posts
LuganoPirate has a reputation beyond reputeLuganoPirate has a reputation beyond reputeLuganoPirate has a reputation beyond reputeLuganoPirate has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Postponed concerts

If paid with a credit card you may be able to obtain a refund from them.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06.04.2020, 16:18
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Horn/TG
Posts: 1,802
Groaned at 45 Times in 32 Posts
Thanked 900 Times in 611 Posts
blackbird is considered knowledgeableblackbird is considered knowledgeableblackbird is considered knowledgeable
Re: Postponed concerts

Big festivals like nova Rock in austria , hell fest in France or rock werchter in belgium have been cancelled for this year, tickets will still be valid for 2021.
The question of the line up for 2021 remains (if it is the same as 2020).

There will be no events until the end of june 2020.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06.04.2020, 16:26
Ouchboy's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Baden
Posts: 3,289
Groaned at 48 Times in 43 Posts
Thanked 5,530 Times in 2,118 Posts
Ouchboy has a reputation beyond reputeOuchboy has a reputation beyond reputeOuchboy has a reputation beyond reputeOuchboy has a reputation beyond reputeOuchboy has a reputation beyond reputeOuchboy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Postponed concerts

im hoping lollapalooza in september will be a go. can't miss RATM!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06.04.2020, 16:37
Spinal's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Zurich
Posts: 1,336
Groaned at 11 Times in 10 Posts
Thanked 1,311 Times in 572 Posts
Spinal has a reputation beyond reputeSpinal has a reputation beyond reputeSpinal has a reputation beyond reputeSpinal has a reputation beyond reputeSpinal has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Postponed concerts

Quote:
View Post
It's up to the individual promoter.

We had a few tickets booked also. This is the email we received regarding the first of them, which was supposed to be on 28 March but has been changed to 3 March 2021...

The promoter of this event has informed us that the event has changed and shall now take place as follows:
* NEW: Russell Howard - Respite in ZÜRICH, Samsung Hall, 03.03.2021 20:00

The tickets you have booked remain valid for the postponed date and/or a new venue and cannot be returned.

If you have taken out ticket protection insurance and are prevented from attending the new date for reasons known and insured in advance, you will be reimbursed the ticket price. Please contact our insurance partner https://erv.ch/de/service/schadenfall directly, stating the reason for your inability to attend.

If you have not taken out ticket protection insurance with us, please check whether one of your other insurance policies (e.g. travel or household insurance) covers the cancellation.

If you have not taken out insurance and are prevented from travelling on the new date, we recommend that you use Ticketcorner's secure resale platform fanSALE www.fansale.ch .

Do not return tickets from postponed events, as you will not be able to resell them and will not be able to enter the event.

The tickets you have booked remain valid for the postponed date and/or a new venue and cannot be returned.

Got the exact same email for Evanescence + Within Temptation at Hallenstadion.

No refunds unless you paid for the insurance. At least it's rescheduled until September, so will be warmer
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Spinal for this useful post:
  #13  
Old 06.04.2020, 22:45
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Horn/TG
Posts: 1,802
Groaned at 45 Times in 32 Posts
Thanked 900 Times in 611 Posts
blackbird is considered knowledgeableblackbird is considered knowledgeableblackbird is considered knowledgeable
Re: Postponed concerts

Roskilde festival (Planned for August 2020) has been cancelled as well.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06.04.2020, 23:07
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 3,628
Groaned at 70 Times in 49 Posts
Thanked 3,798 Times in 2,056 Posts
rainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Postponed concerts

People will need to learn to love VR events....

Facebook's investment in Occulus may actually, finally pay off.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06.04.2020, 23:14
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Thalwil
Posts: 950
Groaned at 37 Times in 20 Posts
Thanked 871 Times in 435 Posts
TinyK has earned the respect of manyTinyK has earned the respect of manyTinyK has earned the respect of many
Re: Postponed concerts

I almost fully lost my hope to attend Elton John's concert in October. Today I've seen a video from a German blogger with medical background who said that we have to forget about public events for at least a year, and pretty similar opinion was on the SRF news today.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06.04.2020, 23:41
Murloc's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bern
Posts: 510
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Thanked 563 Times in 283 Posts
Murloc has an excellent reputationMurloc has an excellent reputationMurloc has an excellent reputationMurloc has an excellent reputation
Re: Postponed concerts

Quote:
View Post
I almost fully lost my hope to attend Elton John's concert in October. Today I've seen a video from a German blogger with medical background who said that we have to forget about public events for at least a year, and pretty similar opinion was on the SRF news today.
yep, it wouldn't make sense to have such mass events while still being on guard about the second wave. At least until a vaccine or really good meds get found, or immunity is proven.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Murloc for this useful post:
  #17  
Old 06.04.2020, 23:49
Blueangel's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Küsnacht, Switzerland
Posts: 4,017
Groaned at 116 Times in 103 Posts
Thanked 10,782 Times in 4,746 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Postponed concerts

Quote:
View Post
yep, it wouldn't make sense to have such mass events while still being on guard about the second wave.
Agreed, especially since Atalanta's Champions League match vs Valencia on 19 Feb is now described as 'Game Zero' and 'a biological bomb'.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Blueangel for this useful post:
  #18  
Old 07.04.2020, 09:10
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bern
Posts: 1,798
Groaned at 288 Times in 180 Posts
Thanked 3,580 Times in 1,277 Posts
Susie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond reputeSusie-Q has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Postponed concerts

I hope we will all be able to attend concerts and large events again like the good old days without the fear of death. The terrorists didn't stop us, let's hope the virus won't either. Bring on the vaccine!!
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Susie-Q for this useful post:
  #19  
Old 07.04.2020, 09:24
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: CH
Posts: 10,975
Groaned at 2,037 Times in 1,121 Posts
Thanked 5,139 Times in 3,246 Posts
omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat
Re: Postponed concerts

street parade almost certainly will be cancelled
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07.04.2020, 12:02
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Nyon
Posts: 4,895
Groaned at 247 Times in 181 Posts
Thanked 6,669 Times in 3,136 Posts
bowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Postponed concerts

Quote:
View Post
I hope we will all be able to attend concerts and large events again like the good old days without the fear of death. The terrorists didn't stop us, let's hope the virus won't either. Bring on the vaccine!!

Er, which terrorists were they, that didn't stop us? The Ticonasy Motorcycle gang? The Genovoise groupies? The Zürichose Zombies?
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[Language classes] Postponed! Again and again Celsius Complaints corner 8 12.09.2014 03:57
End of The World As We Know It postponed (yet again) Guest Swiss politics/news 13 16.03.2010 09:57
Postponed: sightseeing around Zurich glash Social events 5 14.09.2009 13:32
End of the World postponed (Again) Guest Swiss politics/news 1 22.07.2009 16:51
Concerts in Switzerland [Formerly Zurich Concerts 2009] Uncle Max Social events 97 17.03.2009 10:44


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 16:16.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0