Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Other/general  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 14.07.2020, 21:51
spaghetti's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Zurich
Posts: 167
Groaned at 7 Times in 5 Posts
Thanked 261 Times in 108 Posts
spaghetti has an excellent reputationspaghetti has an excellent reputationspaghetti has an excellent reputationspaghetti has an excellent reputation
Macbookpro cheaper in microspot.ch ?

Not sure where to put this thread, hope it's correct..

I am about to purchase a MacBookpro 16inch 32GB i7 1TB SSD.

So I compared the prices, found that "the same thing" is a few hundred chf cheaper in microspot than the apple store. Is there a catch?

here's a link of what I'm referring to:
https://www.microspot.ch/de/computer...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

it's 2919 chf, the same thing cost 3359 chf at apple store..

or is there a difference I don't see?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 14.07.2020, 22:10
spaghetti's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Zurich
Posts: 167
Groaned at 7 Times in 5 Posts
Thanked 261 Times in 108 Posts
spaghetti has an excellent reputationspaghetti has an excellent reputationspaghetti has an excellent reputationspaghetti has an excellent reputation
Re: Macbookpro cheaper in microspot.ch ?

Quote:
View Post
Microspot is the 2019 one (see in the title).
Doesn't apple produce a new thing every year to make money?

Apple has intelCore i9 (microspot i7)
Apple has 64GB RAM, microspot has 32GB

..... I'm gonna stop here. Find the other 8 differences yourself
no i inserted the same info at apple store, with 16" the default is i7
and picked 32GB ram

and as far as i know 2019 is the latest for 16"
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 14.07.2020, 22:12
spaghetti's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Zurich
Posts: 167
Groaned at 7 Times in 5 Posts
Thanked 261 Times in 108 Posts
spaghetti has an excellent reputationspaghetti has an excellent reputationspaghetti has an excellent reputationspaghetti has an excellent reputation
Re: Macbookpro cheaper in microspot.ch ?

Name:  mbp.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  33.1 KB
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 14.07.2020, 22:19
spaghetti's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Zurich
Posts: 167
Groaned at 7 Times in 5 Posts
Thanked 261 Times in 108 Posts
spaghetti has an excellent reputationspaghetti has an excellent reputationspaghetti has an excellent reputationspaghetti has an excellent reputation
Re: Macbookpro cheaper in microspot.ch ?

Quote:
View Post
no i inserted the same info at apple store, with 16" the default is i7
and picked 32GB ram

and as far as i know 2019 is the latest for 16"
ok did curley delete her post
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 14.07.2020, 22:22
curley's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: canton ZH
Posts: 11,200
Groaned at 178 Times in 149 Posts
Thanked 12,525 Times in 6,566 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Macbookpro cheaper in microspot.ch ?

I deleted my post (good that you quoted it ) because I compared it with melectronics (same price there).

I checked apple, when you click order you can only get the one with Corei9 for 3199.00. But that website is ..... a pain in the arse. Sorry, sorry but really not informative.

But you mentioned you're looking for the one with the data of the microspot one ..... so if you're not one who needs the newest always but knows what you want, safe that extra money.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 14.07.2020, 22:25
curley's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: canton ZH
Posts: 11,200
Groaned at 178 Times in 149 Posts
Thanked 12,525 Times in 6,566 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Macbookpro cheaper in microspot.ch ?

Give me the link to that screen shot, please?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 14.07.2020, 22:29
spaghetti's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Zurich
Posts: 167
Groaned at 7 Times in 5 Posts
Thanked 261 Times in 108 Posts
spaghetti has an excellent reputationspaghetti has an excellent reputationspaghetti has an excellent reputationspaghetti has an excellent reputation
Re: Macbookpro cheaper in microspot.ch ?

Quote:
View Post
Give me the link to that screen shot, please?
https://www.apple.com/ch-de/shop/buy...ozessor-512gb#

so basically, when you click 16", there are two default specs, pick the cheaper one, it's default i7, and then upgrade with 32GB ram and 1TB SSD. it becomes the same spec with the microspot one...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 14.07.2020, 22:34
spaghetti's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Zurich
Posts: 167
Groaned at 7 Times in 5 Posts
Thanked 261 Times in 108 Posts
spaghetti has an excellent reputationspaghetti has an excellent reputationspaghetti has an excellent reputationspaghetti has an excellent reputation
Re: Macbookpro cheaper in microspot.ch ?

I think i found the difference! well, by looking at the image, the microspot is NOT swiss keyboard... is that the catch? sad they didn't mention in the description! sneaky!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 14.07.2020, 22:36
curley's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: canton ZH
Posts: 11,200
Groaned at 178 Times in 149 Posts
Thanked 12,525 Times in 6,566 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Macbookpro cheaper in microspot.ch ?

Quote:
View Post
https://www.apple.com/ch-de/shop/buy...ozessor-512gb#

so basically, when you click 16", there are two default specs, pick the cheaper one, it's default i7, and then upgrade with 32GB ram and 1TB SSD. it becomes the same spec with the microspot one...
I see no difference (apart from the price) either. The Grafikkarte is the same as well.
Microspot, definitely microspot. Not to mention, you'll probably have it on your lap on Thursday.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 14.07.2020, 22:41
curley's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: canton ZH
Posts: 11,200
Groaned at 178 Times in 149 Posts
Thanked 12,525 Times in 6,566 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Macbookpro cheaper in microspot.ch ?

Quote:
View Post
I think i found the difference! well, by looking at the image, the microspot is NOT swiss keyboard... is that the catch? sad they didn't mention in the description! sneaky!
Well observed!
Unusual though, microspot normally indicates what keyboard and also points out when it's the German one.

Click "fehlerhafte Daten" and tell them, it's not mentioned what keyboard it is. Then decide after they answered. They don't always make a separate picture for each offer.

Let me know the outcome.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 14.07.2020, 22:46
spaghetti's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Zurich
Posts: 167
Groaned at 7 Times in 5 Posts
Thanked 261 Times in 108 Posts
spaghetti has an excellent reputationspaghetti has an excellent reputationspaghetti has an excellent reputationspaghetti has an excellent reputation
Re: Macbookpro cheaper in microspot.ch ?

Quote:
View Post
Well observed!
Unusual though, microspot normally indicates what keyboard and also points out when it's the German one.

Click "fehlerhafte Daten" and tell them, it's not mentioned what keyboard it is. Then decide after they answered. They don't always make a separate picture for each offer.

Let me know the outcome.
lol it's really funny, ok will do
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 14.07.2020, 22:55
curley's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: canton ZH
Posts: 11,200
Groaned at 178 Times in 149 Posts
Thanked 12,525 Times in 6,566 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Macbookpro cheaper in microspot.ch ?

Microspot is a Coop-daughter. They buy big bulks (also sold at Fust, Interdiscount = other Coop daughters).
AND they pass part of the profit they make from this on.
This one is also marked "Aktion", so limited time.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank curley for this useful post:
  #13  
Old 15.07.2020, 09:38
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 3,440
Groaned at 61 Times in 41 Posts
Thanked 3,567 Times in 1,936 Posts
rainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Macbookpro cheaper in microspot.ch ?

Be ware that there are some "issues" with the current generation 16" MBP that may or may not be resolved with your particular model.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads...error.2128976/

and this one:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads...#post-28665559

The latter one led me to buy a 2018 MacMini, which "only" has the first problem.

I have disabled power-saving and run it all the time until I shut it off in the evening.

Good luck with your purchase.

You can also try to find a decent one on ricardo.ch.


In any case I would, under any circumstances, buy Apple Care for it.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank rainer_d for this useful post:
  #14  
Old 15.07.2020, 10:23
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 12,238
Groaned at 869 Times in 610 Posts
Thanked 16,726 Times in 6,573 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Macbookpro cheaper in microspot.ch ?

Quote:
View Post
Not sure where to put this thread, hope it's correct..

I am about to purchase a MacBookpro 16inch 32GB i7 1TB SSD.

So I compared the prices, found that "the same thing" is a few hundred chf cheaper in microspot than the apple store. Is there a catch?

here's a link of what I'm referring to:
https://www.microspot.ch/de/computer...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

it's 2919 chf, the same thing cost 3359 chf at apple store..

or is there a difference I don't see?
Why would you spend a massive 3000chf on a 2019 model with 32GB RAM? There is a model with 16GB RAM for 2700chf which also has a better graphics card (5500M) https://www.toppreise.ch/ext_en?pid=...hipping&lpos=4

Macbooks seem pretty terrible value for the specs you get.

Last edited by Chuff; 15.07.2020 at 10:36.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 15.07.2020, 10:55
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 3,440
Groaned at 61 Times in 41 Posts
Thanked 3,567 Times in 1,936 Posts
rainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Macbookpro cheaper in microspot.ch ?

Quote:
View Post
Why would you spend a massive 3000chf on a 2019 model with 32GB RAM? There is a model with 16GB RAM for 2700chf which also has a better graphics card (5500M) https://www.toppreise.ch/ext_en?pid=...hipping&lpos=4

Macbooks seem pretty terrible value for the specs you get.

Well, if OP wants to have 32GB and 1TB, those are CTO option and those are always expensive.


https://www.toppreise.ch/price-compa...p580966?posf=1


Though, I would tend to agree that going for a 16GB model with entry-level GPU is usually the least expensive (I'm not exactly comfortable calling it "the cheapest...) option.
Unless of course, the intended use-case during the assumed lifetime of the product asks for more than what the standard-model offers.

"Terrible value" is of course in the eye of the beholder.
After all, these are the only laptops you can get macOS with.

Their resale value is still decent, though it has suffered a bit recently.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 15.07.2020, 11:15
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 12,238
Groaned at 869 Times in 610 Posts
Thanked 16,726 Times in 6,573 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Macbookpro cheaper in microspot.ch ?

Quote:
View Post
Well, if OP wants to have 32GB and 1TB, those are CTO option and those are always expensive.


https://www.toppreise.ch/price-compa...p580966?posf=1


Though, I would tend to agree that going for a 16GB model with entry-level GPU is usually the least expensive (I'm not exactly comfortable calling it "the cheapest...) option.
Unless of course, the intended use-case during the assumed lifetime of the product asks for more than what the standard-model offers.

"Terrible value" is of course in the eye of the beholder.
After all, these are the only laptops you can get macOS with.

Their resale value is still decent, though it has suffered a bit recently.
The model I linked did not have the entry level GPU it was the 5500M which is much stronger.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 15.07.2020, 11:37
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 3,440
Groaned at 61 Times in 41 Posts
Thanked 3,567 Times in 1,936 Posts
rainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Macbookpro cheaper in microspot.ch ?

Quote:
View Post
The model I linked did not have the entry level GPU it was the 5500M which is much stronger.



Yeah, I know. But the heart wants want it wants, right?
;-)
If she's set on 32GB and 1 TB, then she'll have to fork over $$$
I know, because I bought a 32GB, 1TB MacMini with I7, about two or three weeks before they lowered the prices....

At least, I don't need to fear that they release a version of it with more Intel-cores anymore and that I didn't wait long enough ;-)

The 8GB GPU model is quite good for gaming, from what I've heard.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 15.07.2020, 12:01
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 12,238
Groaned at 869 Times in 610 Posts
Thanked 16,726 Times in 6,573 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Macbookpro cheaper in microspot.ch ?

Quote:
View Post
Yeah, I know. But the heart wants want it wants, right?
;-).
Often it's not based on an informed opinion or actual requirement, so that's why it's good to have people challenging these things in case they don't really need 32GB.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 15.07.2020, 14:01
spaghetti's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Zurich
Posts: 167
Groaned at 7 Times in 5 Posts
Thanked 261 Times in 108 Posts
spaghetti has an excellent reputationspaghetti has an excellent reputationspaghetti has an excellent reputationspaghetti has an excellent reputation
Re: Macbookpro cheaper in microspot.ch ?

Quote:
View Post
Often it's not based on an informed opinion or actual requirement, so that's why it's good to have people challenging these things in case they don't really need 32GB.
I currently have a Macbook pro with 16GB ram, i work with aftereffects and according to my animator friends aftereffects run much smoother with 32GB.
and therefore i also prefer the 1TB SSD for my renders.

i don't understand why I'm bashed?

I think i'm automatically put into the "you don't know the specs you just want a fancy mac" category.. my question was about the price difference between microspot n apple store, and now I'm criticized for spending 3K for a mac?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 15.07.2020, 15:15
curley's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: canton ZH
Posts: 11,200
Groaned at 178 Times in 149 Posts
Thanked 12,525 Times in 6,566 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Macbookpro cheaper in microspot.ch ?

Quote:
View Post
I currently have a Macbook pro with 16GB ram, i work with aftereffects and according to my animator friends aftereffects run much smoother with 32GB.
and therefore i also prefer the 1TB SSD for my renders.

i don't understand why I'm bashed?

I think i'm automatically put into the "you don't know the specs you just want a fancy mac" category.. my question was about the price difference between microspot n apple store, and now I'm criticized for spending 3K for a mac?
Ignore it

Rainer-d's input migth be interesting? I know nothing about Apple-stuff.

Did you get a reply from microspot re keyboard?
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Microspot CHF15 off we_da_man TV/internet/telephone 144 06.08.2020 18:16
Microspot.ch raghu g Complaints corner 30 31.01.2018 21:40
microspot.ch jakobo Complaints corner 38 19.06.2014 10:39
Disappointed with Microspot... happyeye TV/internet/telephone 0 11.12.2013 16:31
getting a MacBookPro after 20 years of using MS powered products Jaro General off-topic 59 30.07.2009 11:28


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 21:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0