English Forum Switzerland

English Forum Switzerland (https://www.englishforum.ch/forum.php)
-   Other/general (https://www.englishforum.ch/other-general/)
-   -   where covid masks are mandatory (https://www.englishforum.ch/other-general/299278-where-covid-masks-mandatory.html)

PeterT 24.07.2020 15:53

where covid masks are mandatory
 
Hi

I checked in lot of website without finding exact information, in shops migros etc are they mandatory? trains?

thank you

Guest 24.07.2020 16:03

Re: where covid masks are mandatory
 
Places where a sign tells you to do so, and all public transport.

All you need to know.

EDIT: I forgot about the cantonal rules for stores/public spaces.

bowlie 24.07.2020 16:17

Re: where covid masks are mandatory
 
ALL Public transport including boats (even on deck), all* shops in Jura and Vaud.

*The rule says shops with more than 10 customers but in practice it is all shops.

And any place where you might get infected, which is just about everywhere other than your bedroom.

Belgianmum 24.07.2020 16:44

Re: where covid masks are mandatory
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bowlie (Post 3201272)
ALL Public transport including boats (even on deck), all* shops in Jura and Vaud.

*The rule says shops with more than 10 customers but in practice it is all shops.

.

And from Tuesday onwards in shops in Geneva too.

Tom1234 24.07.2020 16:46

Re: where covid masks are mandatory
 
What about privately run mountain cable-cars etc? Is that at the discretion of the operator or is mask wearing compulsory there too?

TheSpouse 24.07.2020 16:48

Re: where covid masks are mandatory
 
And, if you visit France, any enclosed public spaces, which is every shop, restaurant, etc. They have further clarified yesterday that it also means any outdoor market with a tent or roof over it, even if the sides are open. It also means lobbies and hallways in hotels and businesses. You can take your mask off once you get to your office or your hotel room.


We have 7 départements in France which have risen over the last 2 weeks over the "threshold" of the Ro number being above 1.2


The 7 départements were just listed this morning if anyone needs me to list them. Or just go on Sud-Ouest.com

komsomolez 24.07.2020 17:07

Re: where covid masks are mandatory
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom1234 (Post 3201283)
What about privately run mountain cable-cars etc? Is that at the discretion of the operator or is mask wearing compulsory there too?

Public transport = mask

bowlie 24.07.2020 17:32

Re: where covid masks are mandatory
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Belgianmum (Post 3201282)
And from Tuesday onwards in shops in Geneva too.

And I won’t be surprised to see the other Cantons joining the party. Numbers are increasing, albeit slowly, but they are NOT decreasing.

I’m stocking up on toilet paper, masks and hand sanitiser again.

Jim2007 25.07.2020 01:50

Re: where covid masks are mandatory
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bowlie (Post 3201296)
And I won’t be surprised to see the other Cantons joining the party. Numbers are increasing, albeit slowly, but they are NOT decreasing.

I’m stocking up on toilet paper, masks and hand sanitiser again.

You forgot gloves!

komsomolez 25.07.2020 09:20

Re: where covid masks are mandatory
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bowlie (Post 3201296)
And I won’t be surprised to see the other Cantons joining the party. Numbers are increasing, albeit slowly, but they are NOT decreasing.

I’m stocking up on toilet paper, masks and hand sanitiser again.

How close got your toilet paper stocks to depletion in March?

meloncollie 25.07.2020 12:43

Re: where covid masks are mandatory
 
FYI, masks are on sale at Coop right now, a pack of 20 for CHF 5. The packet I bought has a soon-ish expiration date, but hey, do they *really* expire?

The box of 50 is now only CHF 19 and change, this isn't advertised as a sale price, perhaps it's the new regular price, down from 30-something.

The 'better' masks - the darker blue, thicker material - are still pricey, CHF 14 for 10.

Coop now has nitril gloves in stock, CHF 15 for a box of 100. Regular disposable gloves are still out of stock at our local store.

22 yards 25.07.2020 13:03

Re: where covid masks are mandatory
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim2007 (Post 3201367)
You forgot gloves!

And pasta! Don't forget the pasta, essential for weathering any pandemic!

curley 25.07.2020 15:07

Re: where covid masks are mandatory
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bowlie (Post 3201272)
.....And any place where you might get infected, which is just about everywhere other than your bedroom.

Hmmmm .....

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSpouse (Post 3201284)
And, if you visit France, any enclosed public spaces, which is every shop, restaurant, etc.

How's that gonna work? :confused:

22 yards 25.07.2020 16:13

Re: where covid masks are mandatory
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by curley (Post 3201448)
Hmmmm .....


How's that gonna work? :confused:

Masks off only once seated at the table. Masks are required to enter and exit restaurants, and for ordering and collecting food at takeaways. Pretty sensible precaution, I think.

Belgianmum 25.07.2020 16:52

Re: where covid masks are mandatory
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 22 yards (Post 3201461)
Masks off only once seated at the table. Masks are required to enter and exit restaurants, and for ordering and collecting food at takeaways. Pretty sensible precaution, I think.

And when going to the toilets.

22 yards 25.07.2020 17:17

Re: where covid masks are mandatory
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Belgianmum (Post 3201471)
And when going to the toilets.

Yes—at all times when not seated at the table.

NotAllThere 25.07.2020 18:34

Re: where covid masks are mandatory
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bowlie (Post 3201296)
And I won’t be surprised to see the other Cantons joining the party. Numbers are increasing, albeit slowly, but they are NOT decreasing.

I’m stocking up on toilet paper, masks and hand sanitiser again.

R is hovering around 1. Latest (15.07.2020) is 1.08, 95% confidence between 0.97 and 1.2.

https://ibz-shiny.ethz.ch/covid-19-re/

Strangely, it peaked at about 1.79 in mid june, and then decreased toward 1 by the end of june. Even though there were no significant changes in behaviour.

A slow increase can be managed. An explosive increase is more difficult. And that depends on K, which is related to the number of super-spreader events.

komsomolez 25.07.2020 20:18

Re: where covid masks are mandatory
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by NotAllThere (Post 3201491)
R is hovering around 1. Latest (15.07.2020) is 1.08, 95% confidence between 0.97 and 1.2.

https://ibz-shiny.ethz.ch/covid-19-re/

Strangely, it peaked at about 1.79 in mid june, and then decreased toward 1 by the end of june. Even though there were no significant changes in behaviour.

A slow increase can be managed. An explosive increase is more difficult. And that depends on K, which is related to the number of super-spreader events.

Yes, the issue is just that you only see the explosive increase when it is already there. And then you are likely in for at least another 10 days of spike.

runningdeer 25.07.2020 20:23

Re: where covid masks are mandatory
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom1234 (Post 3201283)
What about privately run mountain cable-cars etc? Is that at the discretion of the operator or is mask wearing compulsory there too?

The public transport announcement was quite clear that mountain cablcars are included. Not sure what you mean by 'private' ones? My experience during the last two weeks in the mountains in a few areas was that it was indeed the case and signage was clear. Enforcement while on a 4-6 person télécabine not exactly possible, but getting on/off they were verifying.

Tom1234 25.07.2020 20:40

Re: where covid masks are mandatory
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by runningdeer (Post 3201510)
The public transport announcement was quite clear that mountain cablcars are included. Not sure what you mean by 'private' ones? My experience during the last two weeks in the mountains in a few areas was that it was indeed the case and signage was clear. Enforcement while on a 4-6 person télécabine not exactly possible, but getting on/off they were verifying.

We travelled in one where the other occupants were not wearing masks. At the exit at the bottom, the attendant said and did nothing.

Hence my question.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:24.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0