Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Other/general  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 23.07.2021, 09:12
Traubert's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 1,166
Groaned at 11 Times in 10 Posts
Thanked 2,333 Times in 823 Posts
Traubert has a reputation beyond reputeTraubert has a reputation beyond reputeTraubert has a reputation beyond reputeTraubert has a reputation beyond reputeTraubert has a reputation beyond reputeTraubert has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Office Chair for home office

Quote:
View Post
That is not true at all. Yes, of course exercises like pilates and yoga can do a lot to help your back and posture as the y strengthen your core and increase flexibility. However, to say a chair that you sit in for multiple hours a day makes no significant difference is patently false. A good ergonomic office chair that is adjusted properly makes a huge difference to your comfort and posture.
I said no amount of chair is going to fix your back and that we are not built for sitting that long.

Nothing about patent truths or falsehoods. You need to find some joy, less judgement. Don't read just to respond with the assertion of your opinion. Read to understand. Why must everything be an affront to your opinion?

I have a back story, and I fixed it. I'm basically sharing how I saved my back, not applying absolute truths to your purchase of whichever sitting tool you have. If you feel good with your purchase then that works for you. Bravo. I wonder how many people fork out for a chair, never move their bodies and think a chair is going to save them?

Good luck to you and your back.
__________________
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few

Last edited by Traubert; 23.07.2021 at 09:23.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 23.07.2021, 09:31
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 14,033
Groaned at 1,374 Times in 914 Posts
Thanked 21,114 Times in 8,069 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Office Chair for home office

Quote:
View Post
I said no amount of chair is going to fix your back and that we are not built for sitting that long.

Nothing about patent truths or falsehoods. You need to find some joy, less judgement. Don't read just to respond with the assertion of your opinion. Read to understand. Why must everything be an affront to your opinion?

I have a back story, and I fixed it. I'm basically sharing how I saved my back, not applying absolute truths to your purchase of whichever sitting tool you have. If you feel good with your purchase then that works for you. Bravo. I wonder how many people fork out for a chair, never move their bodies and think a chair is going to save them?

Good luck to you and your back.
In that case Traubert, the way you phrased it was very clumsy and heavily implied that a good chair is not a useful purchase. It is a very useful and indeed essential purchase for anyone sitting at a computer and table for multiple hours. However yes, it is not in itself a 'definitive solution' to back pain.

As for the "you need to find some joy" part; cringe.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 23.07.2021, 10:10
Traubert's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 1,166
Groaned at 11 Times in 10 Posts
Thanked 2,333 Times in 823 Posts
Traubert has a reputation beyond reputeTraubert has a reputation beyond reputeTraubert has a reputation beyond reputeTraubert has a reputation beyond reputeTraubert has a reputation beyond reputeTraubert has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Office Chair for home office

Quote:
View Post
In that case Traubert, the way you phrased it was very clumsy and heavily implied that a good chair is not a useful purchase. It is a very useful and indeed essential purchase for anyone sitting at a computer and table for multiple hours. However yes, it is not in itself a 'definitive solution' to back pain.

As for the "you need to find some joy" part; cringe.
For you, if you have the capacity for self-reflection: You come across as terse, wounded and frustrated. Sometimes things are neither right nor wrong, they just are.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 23.07.2021, 10:20
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 14,033
Groaned at 1,374 Times in 914 Posts
Thanked 21,114 Times in 8,069 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Office Chair for home office

Quote:
View Post
For you, if you have the capacity for self-reflection: You come across as terse, wounded and frustrated. Sometimes things are neither right nor wrong, they just are.
*nods slowly*
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 17.08.2022, 17:14
Ato Ato is offline
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: ZH
Posts: 1,993
Groaned at 35 Times in 31 Posts
Thanked 3,845 Times in 1,564 Posts
Ato has a reputation beyond reputeAto has a reputation beyond reputeAto has a reputation beyond reputeAto has a reputation beyond reputeAto has a reputation beyond reputeAto has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Office Chair for home office

I would like to thank some random person who left a Herman Miller Aeron out on the street with Gratis stuck to it.

It looks like someone spilled coffee on it.
My only worry is that it wasn't coffee and I'll just need to spend some time convincing myself.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 17.08.2022, 23:50
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Zurich
Posts: 5,791
Groaned at 444 Times in 247 Posts
Thanked 6,736 Times in 3,083 Posts
ZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Office Chair for home office

Quote:
View Post
I would like to thank some random person who left a Herman Miller Aeron out on the street with Gratis stuck to it.

It looks like someone spilled coffee on it.
My only worry is that it wasn't coffee and I'll just need to spend some time convincing myself.
What, convincing yourself that it just wasn‘t a particularly heavy flow? Had a chair like that once at UBS, it made its rounds …
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank ZuriRollt for this useful post:
  #47  
Old 18.08.2022, 15:29
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Geneva
Posts: 1,065
Groaned at 146 Times in 92 Posts
Thanked 1,253 Times in 626 Posts
Biro has an excellent reputationBiro has an excellent reputationBiro has an excellent reputationBiro has an excellent reputation
Re: Office Chair for home office

An office chair is bit like a bed, you spend a considerable amount of time in both yet many people loo for the cheapest option and then complain they do not sleep well or have a bad back from too much time in a shitty chair.


A good mattress is easily Chf 1.5k ++ and you also need good slats which is a further Chf 1k ++, yet you spend around 25% of your life in bed (7 hours a day....)


An office chair is easily Chf 1 - 1.5k +, Aeron, or Eames EA117/119 are excellent and designed for long and continual use.


There are many more brands out their, try them out first and expect to pay good money.


Just think what back pain will cost you in the future and how it will totally ruin your life, is Chf 1.5k very much money after all ?
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 18.08.2022, 15:43
NotAllThere's Avatar
Modulo 2
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Baselland
Posts: 15,404
Groaned at 322 Times in 276 Posts
Thanked 24,001 Times in 9,765 Posts
NotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Office Chair for home office

Quote:
View Post
I would like to thank some random person who left a Herman Miller Aeron out on the street with Gratis stuck to it.

It looks like someone spilled coffee on it.
My only worry is that it wasn't coffee and I'll just need to spend some time convincing myself.
Pour some coffee on it. Then you'll know for sure.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank NotAllThere for this useful post:
Reply

Tags
chairs, herman miller, home office, office chair




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gaming chair / Office chair Cider Woman Items for sale 1 01.05.2021 18:42
Office Manager (Technopark ZH / Home Office) TGL Jobs offered 2 16.11.2018 14:04
Office chair omtatsat Free stuff 1 08.02.2018 20:56
Office Professional Plus 2016 or Office Home and Business 2016 for Mac CorsebouTheReturn Items for sale 11 05.02.2018 11:38
Office chair Maciej Items for sale 2 06.01.2017 22:15


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:38.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0