Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Other/general  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 22.04.2021, 16:40
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Zürich
Posts: 33
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 25 Times in 15 Posts
RobScoue has no particular reputation at present
Neighbour issue

Hi All,

Not a big issue and not a direct neighbour, there a house where I live where the installed some sort of device on their driveway that is sensor based and whenever I walk past the thing makes a very annoying high frequency noise.

I assume it is to scare dogs or cats but I hate that thing. Is there anything I can do besides kickin it? and I would rather kick it than talk to them.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 22.04.2021, 16:43
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Vaud
Posts: 2,463
Groaned at 175 Times in 122 Posts
Thanked 4,944 Times in 1,899 Posts
Mikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Neighbour issue

Quote:
View Post
Hi All,

Not a big issue and not a direct neighbour, there a house where I live where the installed some sort of device on their driveway that is sensor based and whenever I walk past the thing makes a very annoying high frequency noise.

I assume it is to scare dogs or cats but I hate that thing. Is there anything I can do besides kickin it? and I would rather kick it than talk to them.
our neighbour put one in. depends if you like the neighbour. i get on with ours so i asked him and you can turn down the pitch and the volume so its not audible (it has a range). funny thing about ours is i couldnt hear it by my wife and kids hated it.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 22.04.2021, 17:25
curley's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: canton ZH
Posts: 12,233
Groaned at 200 Times in 166 Posts
Thanked 13,888 Times in 7,202 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Neighbour issue

Quote:
View Post
Hi All,

Not a big issue and not a direct neighbour, there a house where I live where the installed some sort of device on their driveway that is sensor based and whenever I walk past the thing makes a very annoying high frequency noise.

I assume it is to scare dogs or cats but I hate that thing. Is there anything I can do besides kickin it? and I would rather kick it than talk to them.
Are you walking on the neighbour's private property when you walk past? If not you can tell them to make sure it is not going off when passing on public property. Even cats and martens are allowed to move freely on public property.

Quote:
View Post
our neighbour put one in. depends if you like the neighbour. i get on with ours so i asked him and you can turn down the pitch and the volume so its not audible (it has a range). funny thing about ours is i couldnt hear it by my wife and kids hated it.
You have a very young wife, Mikers.
Reply With Quote
The following 5 users would like to thank curley for this useful post:
  #4  
Old 22.04.2021, 18:55
NotAllThere's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Baselland
Posts: 13,079
Groaned at 209 Times in 186 Posts
Thanked 18,974 Times in 7,731 Posts
NotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Neighbour issue

Quote:
View Post
Not a big issue and not a direct neighbour, there a house where I live where the installed some sort of device on their driveway that is sensor based and whenever I walk past the thing makes a very annoying high frequency noise.
Wait a few years and you won't hear it, you young whippersnapper.
Reply With Quote
The following 5 users would like to thank NotAllThere for this useful post:
  #5  
Old 22.04.2021, 20:22
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Basel
Posts: 2,485
Groaned at 55 Times in 46 Posts
Thanked 1,691 Times in 980 Posts
Landers has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Neighbour issue

Quote:
View Post
Are you walking on the neighbour's private property when you walk past? If not you can tell them to make sure it is not going off when passing on public property. Even cats and martens are allowed to move freely on public property.


You have a very young wife, Mikers.
I have it on my phone. Useful if I want to piss off the missus, or people on the train etc.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Landers for this useful post:
  #6  
Old 22.04.2021, 20:44
st2lemans's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lugano
Posts: 30,972
Groaned at 2,243 Times in 1,660 Posts
Thanked 37,299 Times in 17,652 Posts
st2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Neighbour issue

Quote:
View Post
I have it on my phone. Useful if I want to piss off the missus, or people on the train etc.
Where can I get it?

Tom
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 22.04.2021, 23:35
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Steinach SG
Posts: 8,555
Groaned at 417 Times in 313 Posts
Thanked 11,189 Times in 5,877 Posts
Urs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Neighbour issue

Quote:
View Post
Where can I get it?

Tom
You need to bribe RobScue


Careful in vicinity of dogs, and animals in general.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Neighbour. Tree. Phil_MCR Housing in general 11 10.07.2015 13:19
Noisy Neighbour DomLoff Housing in general 8 24.06.2009 09:46
New neighbour apero - what to take Find the time Food and drink 8 07.04.2009 21:08
Neighbour dispute? john_semour Daily life 15 28.03.2009 10:36
Satellite receiver issue (or non-issue) kiml TV/internet/telephone 12 01.09.2008 13:10


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 21:24.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0