English Forum Switzerland

English Forum Switzerland (https://www.englishforum.ch/forum.php)
-   Other/general (https://www.englishforum.ch/other-general/)
-   -   Deleting My Account (https://www.englishforum.ch/other-general/305023-deleting-my-account.html)

komsomolez 16.07.2021 19:51

Re: Deleting My Account
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CliiniMuus (Post 3328635)
I'm missing something. What's the reason Fatmanfilms is being accused of it, out of curiosity? Last time I checked, loads of people are mod's. Why's Fatmanfilms being singled out please?

Because he is the Marmite Mod

eyebeebe 16.07.2021 19:53

Re: Deleting My Account
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HickvonFrick (Post 3328618)
I want to see the PM now...

Sorry. Heís busy right now playing with green, amber and red lists.

bwkranger 16.07.2021 19:58

Re: Deleting My Account
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim2007 (Post 3328474)
After 14 years, it is with a certain amount of sadness, I have decided to delete my account.

There are all kinds of people here, some educate and inform, some make me laugh, some make me shake my head and some annoy me for a few minutes. But there is one thing that keeps me annoyed - racism in any format.

In the past 24 hours, a member with a reputation for being contraversal posted a blatant racist statement. The post was deleted and the poster goes on his merry way to sin again...

After all that has gone on around the world over the past few months, the fact that the mods seem to feel continuing to enable this kind of behaviour is acceptable, is beyond me and I have decided that a community moderated in such a style is one I no longer want to be a member of.

Hi Jim, I am sorry to read this post and that you're deleting your account. Like you I was shocked when I came across that disgraceful racist comment. I also responded to the thread asking the mods to intervene. The post must have been still on there for quite some time. Like others have posted, the forum has to be free from racist comments. My only question would be what are the consequences for the poster of the comment?

My2pups 16.07.2021 20:04

Re: Deleting My Account
 
And who is this group that you are speaking of? Do you really think that MC and FMF have orchestrated all of the events of the last weeks in order to make the EF a better place for the 10-15 of us who lean to the right? Talk about a conspiracy theory!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueangel (Post 3328634)
No, but I do know that a single mod's decision can be outvoted and over-ridden by the group.


Talk to you later 16.07.2021 20:08

Re: Deleting My Account
 
If I understood correctly, a white guy called all white guys from another country Nazis? :p

parnell 16.07.2021 20:08

Re: Deleting My Account
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatmanfilms (Post 3328633)
Do you honestly believe a single moderator acting alone could unban people who were premaritally banned & get away with it on any day other than April 1st?

EF's power influences marriages now ? Truly impressive.

fatmanfilms 16.07.2021 20:08

Re: Deleting My Account
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueangel (Post 3328634)
No, but I do know that a single mod's decision can be outvoted and over-ridden by the group.

If that had occurred, then you could be happy in the knowledge that a majority of the mods had agreed to the changes. However as I wrote earlier Editor Bob did the un banning.

schoggiweggli 16.07.2021 20:10

Re: Deleting My Account
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fduvall (Post 3328640)
And who is this group that you are speaking of? Do you really think that MC and FMF have orchestrated all of the events of the last weeks in order to make the EF a better place for the 10-15 of us who lean to the right? Talk about a conspiracy theory!

Iíve said it before and Iíll say it again.
I donít see any right wing posters or posts on here. Leaning right is pretty accurate actually.
The most extreme is a bit right of center, more David Cameron than Enoch Powell.

schoggiweggli 16.07.2021 20:13

Re: Deleting My Account
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Talk to you later (Post 3328641)
If I understood correctly, a white guy called all white guys from another country Nazis? :p

Every one of them, without exception.
I think that includes all of those in mixed race marriages as well.
As is tradition, someone else then became grossly offended on their behalf.
Then the two sides lined up.

st2lemans 16.07.2021 20:38

Re: Deleting My Account
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by komsomolez (Post 3328630)
the AC/DC video?

Umm, what? :confused:

Tom

komsomolez 16.07.2021 20:42

Re: Deleting My Account
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by st2lemans (Post 3328651)
Umm, what? :confused:

Tom

Wasn't that you in the "Friends of the EU" thread?

marton 16.07.2021 20:49

Re: Deleting My Account
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatmanfilms (Post 3328644)
If that had occurred, then you could be happy in the knowledge that a majority of the mods had agreed to the changes. However as I wrote earlier Editor Bob did the un banning.

Presumably, all the mods are acquiescent with this unbanning as nobody has been banned again despite the fact that some of the current mods were in accord with the original banning?

mossie 16.07.2021 20:53

Re: Deleting My Account
 
If you like something read it, if you donít move along. No point in throwing the toys out of the pram. There is no moral high ground on the internet.

marton 16.07.2021 20:56

Re: Deleting My Account
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by schoggiweggli (Post 3328647)
Every one of them, without exception.
I think that includes all of those in mixed race marriages as well.
As is tradition, someone else then became grossly offended on their behalf.
Then the two sides lined up.

And includes members of the National Democratic Party of Germany a far-right and Neo-Nazi political party that even managed to elect an MEP in recent times.

st2lemans 16.07.2021 20:59

Re: Deleting My Account
 


Tom

schoggiweggli 16.07.2021 21:00

Re: Deleting My Account
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by marton (Post 3328655)
And includes members of the National Democratic Party of Germany a far-right and Neo-Nazi political party that even managed to elect an MEP in recent times.

Are you saying he wasnít far off the mark?!?!?

fatmanfilms 16.07.2021 21:02

Re: Deleting My Account
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by marton (Post 3328653)
Presumably, all the mods are acquiescent with this unbanning as nobody has been banned again despite the fact that some of the current mods were in accord with the original banning?

I would not know if they were in accord with the original banning, perhaps they were being bullied or said nothing for fear of being bullied.

Really interested how Blueangel knows so much of the workings of the modzone.

marton 16.07.2021 21:05

Re: Deleting My Account
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatmanfilms (Post 3328658)
I would not know if they were in accord with the original banning, perhaps they were being bullied or said nothing for fear of being bullied.

Really interested how Blueangel knows so much of the workings of the modzone.

And they are still in fear of being bullied?

mossie 16.07.2021 21:17

Re: Deleting My Account
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Talk to you later (Post 3328585)
Jim2007, maybe come back as Jim2021 or think longterm and come back as Jim3000 :D

Irish people usually donít reinvent themselves, they find a white horse go to Tir na Nog, have a drink fall off the whites horse and thatís it then. I think Jim fell off the white horse.

fatmanfilms 16.07.2021 21:17

Re: Deleting My Account
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by marton (Post 3328659)
And they are still in fear of being bullied?

I don't believe so, as the bullies were put out to pasture so to speak.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:45.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0